2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 308 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 02-24-2009, 05:43 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi Ladies,

Today work went well. I rented a movie for tonight and made an easy dinner of macaroni and cheese with steamed broccoli. I am feeling like I am getting a cold. I already have my jammies on. I am going to pop in the movie and get on the couch with a blanket. After the movie I think I will be ready for bed.

Cindy what a fun week for the kids. I think the outfit for DD sounds about right for the 80's. It does seem like a long time ago! It was a big decade for me though. I graduated high school early eighties, got married mid eighties, and had ODD late eighties, lol! I hope they get your glasses right tomorrow.

Scrapper Mr. Conqueror sounds interesting. I hope you have a good time. Beef bowls sound good. I agree with Cindy I would like to hear more about how to make it.

Well I am off to the movie. Have a great evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2009, 08:20 AM

Good Morning Ladies,

Well I never watched the movie. I laid down under the blanket and I was asleep before the movie started! I woke up and looked at the clock and it was 2 hours later. I turned off the tv and just headed up to bed. I slept until my alarm at 5:30 and I still feel fatigued. I don't think it would have been a very good day if I had not gotten all that sleep. I definitely have a full blown cold now. I feel hot, tired, and my head is full. I have told myself I only have to make it until 3:30 and then I can crash back onto the couch. The family is going to fend for themselves with leftovers. GD goes to her Dad's so I will only have her for a short window before and then to get her bathed and ready for bed after. Hopefully DH will help.

I hope you ladies are all healthy and having a good day!
Unread 02-25-2009, 10:21 AM

Goor morning ladies,

When I got home yesterday, dd had 2 friends over. They were at the dining room table making bracelets. One friend left around 5pm and the other stayed to go to the talent show with us. We had dinner and left home around 6:30 since we still had to buy our tickets. It was a fun time. The girls were cheering their favorite guy on. There were at least 15 to 20 guys competing. They did a best dressed fashion show and performed their best talent. They narrowed it down to the top 5 and picked the winner from those. Dd said she had a good time so I"m glad about that.

My beef bowl is just beef stew chunks of meat. I don'tuse any sauce, but I'm sure it would taste good with a teriyaki or steak sauce. Then I make steam rice and veggies. We add a slice of garlic toast for the side. I like making it because it is a quick meal to make.

Hyper - hope they get your glasses adjusted just right. Dd's 80s outfit sounds great to me. Are you taking pictures of her each day?

Mrswillie - your cold is probably due to all the stress you've been under recently. Your body sure needed that rest. That is good that you will be able to get more rest today after work...keep the fluids going.

My boss is a little stressed. She said she has lots of work to do but many meetings as well. I told her that maybe she should block some time out in her calendar for work time. This way I know not to schedule any meetings during that time. She liked that idea.

Dd and her friend are going to go to the Sadie Hawkins dance. It is going to be at Knott's Berry Farm. They will have a banquet room with DJ & dancing, food, etc. and then they can go on the rides. I have to give her the money so that they can buy their tickets tomorrow.

Tongight not much going on other than going to church for Ash Wednesday service.

Have a great day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2009, 12:43 PM

Hi ladies,

I went back this morning to have my glasses adjusted. They feel better now, hopefully that did the trick. LDS and I went to Target after. I didn't buy anything we just looked around. Tonight I'm making tacos for supper then we'll go to the Ash Wednesday service at church. They're having a lenten supper before the service, but we won't go to that. It would be too rushed to get the kids homework done and get there by 5:00. Every Wednesday evening we'll have a lent service until Easter and there will be a lenten supper before every service. I'm sure we'll make it to a few. I've been popping into school every morning to see the kids. They looked good again today. Some of the boys had zuba's on and one of BDS's classmates had a rocker wig. Alot of the girls wore side ponies. Tomorrow is school spirit day. Everyone will wear red and white, our school colors, and BDS and the other BB players will wear their jerseys. LDS wants me to play cards, so I'd better go.

Jan I'm sorry your sick. DD has had a cold all week, but she has still wanted to go to school. I hope you are able to get plenty of rest tonight. I'm sure all that rest last night was good for you.

Scrapper I did take pictures of DD on Monday and today, but I forgot to get one yesterday. The talent show sounds like it was fun. When is the Sadie Hawkins dance? It sounds like it will be a good time.

Lisa hope all is well with you.

Have a good day ladies.
Unread 02-25-2009, 10:44 PM

I'm jumping on to say "HI" It's been a busy week so far. The rest of the week shouldn't be quite as busy.

DH was off today and I took most of the day off and we worked at the rental. He has the bathroom ready to tile. I worked out in the yard pulling weeds, while he was inside working. His plan was to tile on Friday. We went looking for tile late this afternoon but couldn't find what we needed. UGH...I didn't think it would be so difficult. We found some tile I really like at Lowes, but they didn't have the trim pieces to match. Tomorrow we are calling another tile place out of town and hopefully they will be open late enough that we can run out there after dh gets off work.

Yesterday morning I got an SOS call from the preschool. They needed me to drive for the afternoon runs and luckily I was able to help out. I had planned on having the afternoon off, but I was happy to help out.

Our weather the past two days has been beautiful. We hit 70 degrees both days. Yesterday when I went out to one school out in the country you could see the mountains so clearly. They all have snow on them and it was really beautiful. We are supposed to get more rain starting tomorrow.

Jan I'm sorry that you aren't feeling well. Get plenty of rest. The meat I use for the burritos is just very lean stew meat cut into little pieces. I then add a can of el pato sauce and cook on low all day. You need to stir it about half way through so all the meat is cooked evenly.

Cindy I'm glad you got your glasses readjusted. My glasses are snug at the temples. I guess I've just gotten used to them. Your dd 80s outfit sounded perfect. I have lots of pictures from the 80s with my "big hair".

Scrapper it sounds like you know just how to keep your boss organized. The talent show sounded like a good time. I bet they'll have a really great time at the Sadie Hawkins dance.

I need to go and get dh clothes ironed for work tomorrow. Then I'm going to watch some TV and then go to bed.
Unread 02-26-2009, 05:40 AM

Good morning ladies,

We are supposed to get the biggest storm of the year today. It's supposed to start snowing late morning and hit hard. They are predicting up to 10 inches of snow. Our principal told us to anticipate an early dismissal at school. DD came home sick yesterday. She's had a cold all week, and she was just wiped out. I put her pajamas on and tucked her into her bed. She's not going to school today, although she wanted to. She didn't want to miss school colors day and the pep rally. DH stayed home with her last night and I went to the ash wednesday service. Luckily I saw DD's teacher and was able to tell her DD won't be at school today. I'm putting a roast in the crockpot for supper.

Lisa I hope you're able to get the tile today. Your weather sounds wonderful. I think I will have to just get used to my glasses too. They still feel snug, but I think it's just because the ear pieces are thick.

Jan I hope you're feeling better.

Have a good day ladies.
Unread 02-26-2009, 10:34 AM

Good morning ladies,

Today I have my PT appt after work. I'll be done by 5pm, and I'll have to head right home as dd has church choir practice at 6pm.

We are having hamburgers for dinner. I made them last night so that dd just has to heat up. We're having roasted potatoes with them and she can put those in the oven. I told her she needs to have dinner around 5ish.

Dd and her friend are buying their tickets today for the Sadie Hawkins dance. It is on March 7th. I told her to tell her friend that we (the parents) can share the picking and dropping off at Knott's Berry Farm. It is from 7 to midnight. I told dh if we pick them up we can go to dinner and a movie in the area. Knott's is about 30 minutes from home.

Hyper - hope dd begins to feel better with the rest she's getting. It's a good thing she'll be home with the storm you're expecting. Is the school they go to close to home? Good luck with the snow.

Lisa - sounds like the rental is coming along with the work you guys are doing. Good luck in the search for the tile. I"m sure the preschool was glad that you were available to help them out. I know the weather has been great. They say we may get rain here by sunday.

Mrswillie - hope you are hanging in there with your cold.

Back to work...have a great day.
Unread 02-26-2009, 08:29 PM

Today was my Friday Another 3 day weekend coming up. Tomorrow I have my follow up appointment with my Dr. and my neighbor also has an appointment, so we are car pooling to our appointments and then we are going to go out to lunch in Fresno.

We went late this afternoon to the tile store and picked some out. I am second guessing myself now if I made the right choice. We ended up looking at 4 different places and couldn't really find what I had envisioned. It's so hard to see a tile and picture the whole area done. I'll just be glad when this whole thing is done, because it is stressing me out. Next week I'll go pick out some paint and hopefully that will tie it all together.

Cindy I'm sorry you're going to have such a bad storm coming your way. I hope your dd starts feeling better.

Scrapper we had rain early this morning. When I got up everything was wet, but the sun was out. It sounds like you have a busy time after work today.

Jan I hope you're feeling better today.

Tonight at 8 Survivor is on, so dh and I will be watching that. I'm going to try and go to bed at a decent hour tonight. I usually end up staying up too late and then have a really hard time getting up in the mornings.

Sleep well girls.
Unread 02-27-2009, 06:54 AM

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was such a long day. We had parent teacher conferences after school and my last one was at 8pm. I went home and was in bed by 9:30. I still don't feel well. I have conferences today but my last one is at 12. So I plan to head home and try and get in a nap before I have to pick up gd. We will have grilled cheese for supper and the evening will be spent on the couch. Today is the first day that I have a headache. I don't know if it is from the sinuses or from all the coughing. I am taking cough medicine and sudafed. I hope getting to rest all weekend will help. The only things I will be doing are laundry and taking care of GD. Unfortunately ODD is in Wisconsin this weekend for an event she has had tickets for for a long time or I would insisit she help out. DH is working today but will be home Sat and Sun.

My first conference is at 8 so gtg. Have a great day!
Unread 02-27-2009, 07:57 AM

Good morning ladies,

We did get our snowstorm yesterday. It started coming down hard about 11:00, they didn't close school until 1:30. By that time it was a mess. DD was home sick, but I had to go get BDS. It was awful. The plows weren't out yet, so it was everything you could do to keep your vehicle from slipping. There was no traction at all. I got stuck twice pulling away from a stop. Luckily I got myself out. There were people stuck everywhere. I was never so glad to get back home. They plowed all night, so the roads are passable today. DD is still sick. Her poor little face and nose are so chapped from blowing her nose constantly. Tommorrow is the basketball tournament. Were not sure what time yet. There are teams from other schools playing today, so it will depend on the outcome of their games. School is closed today. They always close school the friday of the tournament. Sometimes our school plays on friday. So the kids are home and it's nice because dd wouldn't have gone to school anyway, now she won't have to worry about make up work for today. The only thing I have to do is pick up a book from the library I have on hold. If I don't pick it up today, the library will be closed until Tues. and I like to read at night. I'm making breakfast for supper tonight.

Lisa I'll bet the tile you picked will look good. It is hard to envision something like that, but I bet you made the right choice. That's nice that you have a 3 day weekend. Have fun at your lunch today and let us know how your appt. went.

Scrapper our school is not far from our house. It usually takes me about 10 minutes. But yesterday it took me a total of 40 minutes to get there and back. I remember my sadie hawkins dance in high school. It was always fun. That's a good idea to have dinner and see a movie that night.

Jan I hope you are able to get alot of rest this weekend and I hope you'll be feeling better soon. Your headache is probably cause by a little of both. I'm glad your DH will be home this weekend.

Have a good day everyone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register