2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 310 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 03-03-2009, 10:12 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Good morning ladies,

I'm pretty tired this morning. Last night was the first night of Cabaraet night for dd. she had to be at school by 5:15 and I picked her up at 10pm. She said that it was fun. Tonight we are going to the 6pm show. My SIL and BIL are coming too. I signed up to work during the second show. They are serving refreshments to the attendees so that is what we (parents that signed up to work) are doing. We get the refreshments ready and the kids take them out and serve. I'm looking forward to the performance.

I left work at 12:30 yesterday. I got a text from dd around mid-morning telling me that she wasn't feeling well. She wanted to go home and rest so that she would be better for Cabaret Night. So I picked her up and we went home. She put her pj's on and plopped herself on the recliner with magazines. She was on her period and having really bad cramps and had a sore throat too. She got several hours of rest.

Lisa - that is good news that the cyst has shrunken. The bathroom tiling is sure coming along. thanks for sharing the pics you sent. One thing about the color of that house is that you can't miss it...LOL.

Mrswillie - hope everyone is feeling better. Dd and her friend didn't ask boys either to the Sadie Hawkins dance. We're kind of worried because they are predicting rain for Saturday and they'll be at an amusement park. They have a banquet room where all the festivities will be at dancing, food, etc. Dd and friend are now trying to figure out what they'll be wearing. So far it is jeans and not sure what color on top.

Hyper - the steak house restaurant sounds good and what a nice ambiance. The Jonas Brothers movie was good. Lots of screamig girls in the theater - felt like we were at a concert. Dd loved it!!! I had fune with my friends on Saturday as we scrapped. We're getting together in a couple of weeks. Dd and I met my sisters and nieces on Sunday. We went to have ribs for dinner...they were so good. My dad is doing well. Although he seems to be having more days where he comes out feeling really weak from dialysis. He's very happy right now...he is a great grandpa. One of my nephews & GF had a baby. Christopher Michael was born las Thursday and looks just like my nephew. I've just seen pictures.

Well back to work...have a great day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2009, 06:35 AM

Good morning

I'm feeling tired this morning. Our Sunbeam meeting is tomorrow night, so today I have to do some things to prepare for it. Today at school, the activity is an obstacle course team challenge. The kids having been having alot of fun these past two weeks with all of the fun themes at school. Tonight I'm going to warm up leftover stew.

Scrapper I hope DD is feeling better today. Those cramps are no fun and a sore throat on top of it. I hope the performance goes well tonight. It sounds like a fun evening. I'm glad to hear that your dad is doing well. How exciting to be a great grandpa! Congrats to your nephew and GF on the birth of Christopher Michael.

Have a good day ladies.
Unread 03-04-2009, 11:03 AM

Hi Ladies,

Well it has warmed up some today. It will be 50 by tomorrow!! I heard it is going to cool down by the weekend but we will enjoy it for now. We have standardized testing at school this week. Yuck! I will have it next week too because I am responsible for make ups of any kids absent at all this week. We are always glad when testing is done.

Tonight I am going to dinner and a workshop with the school nurse. We have an hour drive to get there. I hope it is as helpful and informative as we hope it is going to be because it is going to be a long evening for us. DH is going to be responsible for dinner for him and YDD. GD will go to her Dad's and eat with him. Everytime she eats there she tells us she has cheeto's and marshmallows, lol. I don't know what they really eat but she must enjoy the snacks the most.

Scrapper I hope your DD feels better today. I hope the weather is good for the dance. Our dances are all at the high school except for the prom. They do that up big for our little town. The rest are all in the HS gym. YDD wore jeans.

Cindy your school really has done a nice job with the spirit days. Leftover stew sounds yummy. I am almost ready for lunch.

I hoep you all have a good day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2009, 02:17 PM

Hello ladies,

Last night got to see dd's performance and it was an awesome show. The kids are so talented. I can see dd working her way up to the other choirs. She said she wants to continue through the rest of her high school years. After the first performance, I reported for duty. It was actually fun helping. We had to keep the refreshments stocked for when the kids came to pick them up and take them to serve the audience. Also helped 2 girls with dress issues...zippers got stuck. It was nice meeting the other parents. One of them turned out to be a girl I went to high school with...so we caught up with each other. Dd was happy and said that it was fun. I think her sore throat has turned into a cold. She was coughing last night and sounds congested.

I had a PT appt this morning and it was better than the first session. I go back on Friday morning. Today after work I have my mammogram.

Hyper - 2 weeks of fun activities at school sounds great. I'm sure the kids have enjoyed them so far. Is dd all better now?

Mrswillie - the kids here will start standardized testing pretty soon too. It's that time of the year. Hope the workshop provides beneficial info tonight.

Have a good day.
Unread 03-05-2009, 04:01 PM

Hello ladies,

I had to take an early lunch around 11ish to go pick up dd from school. She sent me a text that she wasn't feeling well. She had a headache and body aches. i took her home and had her take some tylenol and just rest and sleep if she could. Then I headed back to work.

I will have to call the church choir director and let her know that dd won't be at practice tonight.

We're taking our dogs to the vet...time for their checkups. They have a 4:45 appt.

Work has been hectic today. I had to re-schedule two meetings for my boss. I did and then she said that one of them had to be moved to another day...back to the drawing board.

Not much else going on tonight. So hope to relax and watch TV this evening after dinner. Tomorrow morning I have PT.

Have a good day.
Unread 03-05-2009, 05:53 PM

Hi Ladies,

Well I am happy tomorrow is Friday! Today after school I went to the grocery store and pharmacy and picked up GD. I came home and cleaned out the fridge, gathered all the garbage, and dragged it to the curb for garbage day. I am now not wanting to do much. I am hoping there will be something to watch on tv.

The workshop last night was informative. I was tired when I got home but it was worth it. It was beautiful today. It is supposed to be nice again tomorrow and then get cold and yucky again.

Scrapper I am sorry DD is still sick. resting is a good idea. It was last weekend's rest that finally got me over the hump of that virus. That is fuuny about your vet appt. My DH took our dog to the vet yesterday for a check up and booster shots. It cost $116. I hope your pt goes well tomorrow.

Lisa and Cindy I hope all is well with you ladies.

Have a great evening.
Unread 03-05-2009, 09:34 PM

Hi girls,

I have been so busy the past few days, I haven't even turned on the computer. I think the last time I was on here was Sunday.

DH was off Tuesday and Wednesday. We worked over at the rental almost the whole time. The shower is done except for the plumbing fixtures. We went and bought a new set with the shower head, water knobs and the spigot (sp?) that the water comes out of. The knobs and spigot won't fit with the current piping. The set also came with new piping, which if we would have bought that first dh would have installed it before he put up the board and the tile. Now he has to find knobs that will fit. Hopefully that won't be too challenging. They will be able to use the shower tomorrow evening if he can find the right knobs tomorrow after work.

Yesterday dh had his appt to get the results of his MRI. There is some new herniation, but since he's doing much better the Dr. is going to hold off on any surgery. Dh is really trying to make it until June, when he will lock in his retirement at work. He's afraid if he went out now with another surgery they will say that he can't come back to his current job and have him retrained for another job. After June we will breath much easier knowing that they can't take away our health insurance.

I took Tuesday and Wednesday off also, so I could be there to help as much as I could. I am beat after working over there so much. I know dh had a hard time getting up this morning. He is working until 8 tonight and I know he is going to be exhausted when he gets home tonight.

Cindy it sounds like your kids have really enjoyed a lot of fun activities at school.

Jan we are also enjoying our weather here. I guess the rain has stopped for now. We are in the low 60s here now. By next week close to 70 It sounds like you were busy after work today. It's always a good feeling to get the refrigerator cleaned out. I also do it the evening of putting out the garbage for the week.

Scrapper I hope your dd feels better soon. I'm glad you got to enjoy her performance. I hope your mammogram turned out okay for you.

I need to get the kitchen cleaned up and get ready for Survivor. After that I'm going to head to bed. I've had a headache all day that I'm trying to ignore, but it's not letting me. Hopefully a good nights sleep will make it go away.

Sleep well girls.
Unread 03-06-2009, 06:42 AM

Good morning ladies,

LDS is sick. He has fever, cough and stuffy nose. I was up with him throughout the night. I'm really tired this morning. Yesterday the kids had movie day. The principal set the t.v. up in the gym and they popped popcorn. They all watched Madagascar 2. I ordered pizza for supper last night. I had my sunbeams meeting. The kids only have a half day of school today. I really need to get groceries, but since LDS is sick I'll have to do it sometime over the weekend. I'll have to rustle something up for supper, the cupboards are getting bare. DD had her pioneer meeting tonight. She usually has it the same night as Sunbeams, but they are having a guest speaker and she wasn't available last night. We are supposed to go out to dinner with a vendor of DH's tomorrow night. Now that will depend on how LDS is feeling. I have to get the kids up in a little bit, so I'd better go for now.

Scrapper I'm sorry your DD is sick, I aree, resting is a good idea. I hope she's feeling better today. I'm glad her performance went well. I hope everything went well with the vet appt. and I hope you get good results from your mammogram. I also hope you have a good PT appt.

Jan I'm glad the workshop went well. We have also had a string of nice days. But they are predicting cold and snow for the weekend. I was hoping to get my errands done today, but it can't be helped.

Lisa you and DH have been working hard. I hope DH can get the shower hooked up. I will keep my fingers crossed that DH will continue to do well. I hope your headache is better.

I hope you all have a good day.
Unread 03-06-2009, 03:02 PM

Happy Friday ladies,

So glad it is Friday....get to sleep in tomorrow - yay!!!

I kept dd home from school today so that she can rest & sleep. I have her taking tylenol and drinking lots of fluids. She's pretty congested. She called me this morning and said she woke up at 8:30 and slept through the night.

The vet appt went well. They got their shots so they are up to date now....$140 later. I asked dd what she wanted for dinner...we got subway and went home and just relaxed.

My mammogram went well....I will get the results in about a week. PT this morning went good...it was my last session so I"m done now. I then went to have my back xray done. The surgeon wanted me to have it done after I was done with PT. I have an appt next Wednesday to see the surgeon. So I'm feeling sore from PT and being moved so much for the xrays. The took so many pics...from one side to the other and then flat on my back. The table was so hard too....ugh!!! anyway all that is done.

Mrswillie - glad to hear that the workshop was informative. Did you find something interesting to watch on TV last night? Dd and I watched Biggest Loser and America's Next Top Model.

Lisa - that is great that lots of progress has been made at the rental. I'm sure you are both tired. Glad to hear that dh is doing better and hope that he can hang in there to June.

Hyper - sorry to hear that LDS is sick. I guess it is going around.That is nice that the kids have a half day of school. Sure is a nice way to start the weekend.

Tonight dd's friend that is going to the Sadie's is coming over. They are going to see if they have tops that match and if not I'll take them to the mall. Tomorrow dd has a haircut appt at 2pm and then we will head back home to have her get ready. We will probably be leaving home around 6pm to head to the amusement park to drop them off.

Enjoy the weekend ladies.
Unread 03-07-2009, 12:14 PM

Good morning ladies,

We are all just hanging out relaxing right now. I did get to do my grocery shopping yesterday. I took LDS and DD with me. I felt bad taking him out when he was sick. He slept the whole time I was shopping. Last night we had a whatever night for supper. LDS is feeling a little better. His fever broke, he still has a cough and stuffy nose. DH and I were invited out to dinner with one of his vendors. I'm hesistant about going since LDS isn't feeling well. DH say's we won't be that far away. Our reservations are at 5:30 so we won't be out late. Am I a bad mom for going? I'll make frozen pizza for the kids. DD and I are going to Lutheran Girl pioneers camp June 12-14th. It will be our first year. I think it will be alot of fun. I have a list of all the activities planned. The days are full of fun things we'll be doing. DD is so excited for us to have this time together alone. I am too. Tomorrow we have church. We don't have anything else planned, so hopefully it will be a relaxing day.

Scrapper I hope your appt. with the surgeon goes well and everything is good on your xrays. I hope DD has fun at the dance tonight. Are you and DH still going to dinner and a movie?

Jan and Lisa I hope you are enjoying your weekend so far.

Have a good day!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register