2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 311 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 03-07-2009, 02:52 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi Girls,

The cold and yucky weather is back. It has been a nice weekend so far. DH and I went out to a fish fry last night. Today I wnet grocery shopping. I am doing the laundry and pretty soon we are going to have steak and roasted veggies for dinner. I am baking a chocolate chocolate chip bundt cake for the pom awards banquet tomorrow night. Tonight's agenda is just laundry and relaxing with DH.

Cindy you are not a bad Mom!! You are a great Mom. I am sure DH is right. You will be close enough to get right home if needed. He will proabbly sleep or watch tv the whole time. Enjoy yourself!

Lisa I hope all went well with the bathroom and I will keep my fingers crosssed for June. I hope you guys can relax this weekend.

Scrapper I hope you are feeling less sore and that DD has a great time tonight.

Well have a great evening ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2009, 11:56 AM

I hate this time change. It takes me forever to make up that lost hour of sleep. I got up at 9 this morning, 10 the new time and I feel like I've lost 1/2 of my day. I do enjoy it being light later though.

Yesterday I spent the day running errands and catching up around here. Today I plan on working out in the yards. I have so much weeding to do it's not even funny. We are in the low 60's with sunshine now and by mid week up into the 70's

Yesterday I went to the mall and bought a couple new spring tops at JC Penney. They were having a really good sale and I can't pass up a good bargain. I wanted to buy some new jeans, but finding some that fit good is always a challenge for me.

Today I plan on relaxing some and getting ready for TV tonight. The extreme makeover home show is on tonight. They are having a special 1 hour before the show airs about all that went into building this house. It has been advertised on our local channels the past few days. Then after the makeover show Desperate Housewives is on, so my evening is full.

Cindy it sounds like your camp in June is going to be lots of fun. I hope you made it out to your dinner last night. Your not a bad mom at all. You were just a phone call away. I hope your lds is feeling better today.

Scrapper you had a busy week with appointments. I hope you get good results back this week. I'm sure your dd had a great time at the dance last night.

Jan I'm sorry your cold weather is back. Your fish fry sounded really yummy. I hope your are able to rest today before the week starts over tomorrow.

I need to go jump in the shower and get my day started.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend
Unread 03-08-2009, 06:31 PM

Hi ladies,

Our dinner out last night was nice. Thanks Jan and Lisa for the vote of confidence. We got home before bedtime and they were all watching a movie. They had LDS snuggled up on the couch under a blanket. It all worked out. Today we did absolutely nothing. I have caught LDS's sickness and LDS is still sick. We didn't go to church this morning. Me and LDS layed on the couch all day. I'm going to take him to the doctor tomorrow because he isn't getting better and his temp was up today. DH went out and got taco bell for supper. I have alot of cleaning and laundry to do next week.

Jan the fish fry sounds good. I hope you have fun at the pom awards banquet. Your dessert sounds so yummy!

Lisa you know I love the bargains! Shopping for jeans is my least favorite thing. I hope you got to your yard today. Have fun watching your home makeover.

Have a good evening everyone. Sleep well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2009, 07:54 PM

Hi ladies,

I took LDS to the doctor today. He has bronchitis. They gave him a children's liquid z-pak and they gave me a prescription for his nebulizer. He is still not feeling well, but I think tomorrow he'll start feeling better with the antibiotic in him. I'm not feeling great, but still able to function. I made tacos for supper and dd had dance. I'm going to relax for a little before bed.

I hope you all had a good day.
Unread 03-09-2009, 08:12 PM

I had a hard time getting up this morning with the time change. It's nice now though, that it's 7 in the evening and still light outside.

I worked today and then Matthew came over after school and started his laundry and had dinner with us before heading off to rehearsal. I'm going to finish his laundry for him and then he'll swing back by tonight to pick it up.

The preschool called today and asked if I could transport tomorrow afternoon. I will rearrange my schedule I had planned for tomorrow and be able to do it.

Cindy I'm glad you took lds in to the Dr. Hopefully by tomorrow he'll start feeling better. I hope you start feeling better. DH has been sick here and I think he has shared it with me. I can feel a scratchy throat starting this afternoon.

I need to go check on the laundry and then I'm going to relax and watch some TV. I'm going to try and get to bed earlier tonight, so I won't have such a hard time getting up in the morning.
Unread 03-10-2009, 09:24 AM

Good morning ladies,

I agree the time change has been hard - especially getting up in the morning. When the alarm went off this morning, I was sound asleep. I do love though that it is lighter later.

Dd had fun at the dance on Saturday. The only thing they didn't like was that they couldn't get on many rides because the amusement park closed at 10. They spent tme in the banquet room where the dance part of the evening was being held.

I'm taking a day off tomorrow. Dd has a dermatologist appt at 7am which works great because they start school at 9am on Wednesdays. Then I have my appt with the surgeon at noon. After that I'm going to visit my best friend in the hospital. She is having a hysterectomy today and will finally be free from her pain and misery.

Hyper - I'm glad that you were able to go out to dinner. You're not a bad mom because you decided to go. The good thing is that you were close to home. That is good that you took LDS to the doctor. I'm sure once his meds kick in he will start to feel better. The pioneers camp with dd sure sounds like lots of fun.

Mrswillie - your chocolate chocolate chip bundt cake sounds so yummy. Makes me feel like baking. Glad you had a weekend of not too much going on.

Lisa - JC Penneys has had some great sales lately. I know what you mean about jeans...I have a hard time finding a pair that fits good in all the right places.

Tonight dd and I are going to the school district's choir festival. One of the choirs from her school will be performing and she has several friends in it. We're looking forward to it.

Well back to work. Today they are finalizing the cuts for our budget. So we will see what happens. This morning when I drove up to our building parked in the front are several news media vans. There is a board meeting today to discuss the budget so the media got here early to get their spot.
Unread 03-11-2009, 08:48 AM

Good morning ladies,

Poor LDS has been so sick. I think he is finally starting to feel a little better today. It has been horrible getting him to take his medicine. I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown yesterday morning trying to get it down him. I have to give it to him in the morning when DH isn't here, so it makes it harder. I have to gently sqeeze his cheeks to get his mouth open and then just pour it down. He's usually such a happy boy and always smiling. His little smile lights up his whole face. Poor little guy hasn't been doing any smiling lately, he has purple shiners under his eyes. Hopefully starting today he'll start getting over that hump. I am so tired. I have been up with him every night for the past few nights. And this time change doesn't help. Anyhow, DD' class is singing in the lent service at church tonight. I'll take her and DH will stay with LDS. Just like Jan, we've been enjoying some nicer weather, BUT it snowed yesterday and this morning we woke up to below zero temps. On the way to school this morning we saw a beautiful rainbow. It was odd to see it this time of year and especially in this weather. I'm making tater tot hot dish for supper.

Scrapper I hope everything goes well with your surgeon appt. Let us know. I'm glad DD had fun at the dance, it's too bad they couldn't have gone on more rides, but it sounds like they had fun anyway. Good luck to your friend today. It's nice that she will have you there to understand totally what she is and will be going through.

Jan and Lisa hope all is well with the both of you.

Have a good day everyone.
Unread 03-12-2009, 08:55 AM

Good morning ladies,

I had a hard time getting up this morning. I was so warm & comfy but finally got up.

Today I will not take a lunch and leave early to take dd to the doctor. She has been complaining about bladder issues for awhile now. She said that she has to go frequently during the day. I tell her to go before each of her classes so she doesn't have to go during class. She said that sometimes she can't hold it. I need to get to the bottom of what is going on.

My appt with the surgeon was cancelled because he had an emergency suergery to perfom. So I have an appt for next week.

I went to visit my best friend at the hospital yesterday. She's looking well and had gotten out of bed twice already to walk. Before I left she got up again and we walked the floor 2 times around. She's feeling pretty sore and probably going home tomorrow.

I was able to run some errands during the day and pick dd up from school. We went to Target and picked up dinner. Had a relaxing evening.

Hyper - hope LDS is making progress and feeling better. It makes it so hard when you have a difficult time getting the meds down.

Jan and Lisa hope all is well. Have a great day.
Unread 03-12-2009, 07:41 PM

Hi girls,

I have been so busy the past few days, I haven't even turned on the computer. I am so glad that tomorrow is Friday. The preschool asked me to drive again tomorrow afternoon. Didn't I quit that job??????

This afternoon I went shopping again and finally found some jeans. I had to buy a size bigger than usual I really need to watch my weight better. I bake all this yummy stuff and then I eat it all. Yesterday I made an apple crisp that is really good. Maybe thats why I had to buy bigger jeans.

DH was off yesterday and today. I worked a little both days and then we just hung out. Today I got done with work at 2 and was starving so we had a late lunch at our favorite mexican place. I don't have to cook dinner tonight

Cindy I hope your lds is all better today. It's so hard having a little one sick. I hope that smile is back on his cute little face. I also hope you can get a good nights rest.

Scrapper it sounds like you dd had fun at the dance even if they didn't get to go on many rides. I'm glad your friends surgery went well. I hope you find out whats been going on with your dd and her bladder issues.

Jan I hope all is well with you and your family.

Tomorrow is the last day here for the high school district to hand out their pink slips. Matthew is keeping his fingers crossed. He knows of 4 teachers at his school that have received them. Hopefully tomorrow will pass quickly with no new news for him.

I better go and finish up my laundry. Tonight Survivor is on and then I'm heading to bed early. I have to get an early start on my day tomorrow, since I have to be at the preschool by 1 to start transporting.

Have a relaxing evening girls.
Unread 03-13-2009, 09:06 AM

Happy Friday ladies,

The doctor isn't sure if dd has a UTI. She isn't getting up at night to use the restroom only during the day. He said if it is an infection she would be getting up at night. So off we went to the lab for a urinalysis. They will call me back with the results. He asked if she has had any accidents and she said no. So he said she still has bladder control. She needs to limit her fluids during the school day. So we will see what is happening when the results come in.

We have a busy weekend. Tonight taking dd to the mall with a friend. We have to buy two bday gifts for tomorrow. Two of her friends are having their quinceaneras tomorrow. The mass is at 10:30am and the receptions are late afternoon. In between that I have a haircut appt. On Sunday we are going out for my sister in law and brother in law's bdays. They are spending the day at Disneyland and we will all meet at 4pm for dinner in that area.

I'll have to rest and get things done around the house in between all that we have going on.

For dd's spring break we are going to Hawaii. She's excited as she hasn't been there. We leave on April 11th for a week.

Lisa - the preschool is keeping you busy. Glad you found some jeans. I very often have to go a size bigger too so that my muffin top isn't squeezed and popping over. I hope Matthew doesn't get a pink slip. Today is the last day at our district too. I heard on the news that teachers will be protesting.

Hyper - hope lds is feeling better after being on the meds for several days. Hope you've been able to get some rest.

Jan - hope all is well.

Enjoy your Friday and the weekend. Will pop in when I can over the weekend.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register