2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 313 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 03-17-2009, 05:53 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Good morning ladies,

DD's dance pictures went well. I should get them in about 2 weeks. Today I have to get groceries. Tomorrow evening we are getting our family picture taken for our church directory. Olan Mills comes to our church and does the pictures. We do it every 5 years. We get a free directory and a free 8x10 of our portrait. I'm trying to coordinate what we're wearing. I still haven't been able to get to this house yet. I did manage to get laundry done yesterday. I'm not sure what I'll have for supper yet.

Jan I'm glad your enjoying nice weather too. It is such a welcome change. This is our last day of 60's, but then it's only supposed to drop to the 40's, I can handle that. You are right, my DH is like a little boy when he's sick. Sometimes he's worse than a child.

Scrapper BDS and I are well now. I'm glad that you weren't affected by the cuts at work. Is your spring break next week? That's when we have ours. I'm sure you'll be busy with packing for you vacation soon.

I hope you all have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2009, 10:22 AM

Happy St. Patrick's Day, girls.

I am getting a slow start to my day today. I have two stores that I need to get to. Tonight I am fixing corned beef and cabbage for dinner. I'll start it cooking in between my stores. Andrew gets off at 7 and will be stopping by for dinner.

After work I plan on mowing the yards. I worked some more yesterday pulling weeds. I sprayed a few with round up, but I don't like to use that much because of the dogs. Our weather here is in the 70's now. I have put my thermals away for now. I'm glad that you girls are finally getting some warmer weather also. Nothing like opening up the windows and airing out the house.

Jan it sounds like you and dd had a nice shopping trip. I love crocs. I have an old pair that I wear out in the yard. I keep them outside the back door and just slip them on before I head out into the yard. I also don't see how they are going to lengthen the school day without compensation to the staff. Where is that money going to come from?

Cindy I'm sorry that the bug caught your dh. I agree with Jan about the dh being sick. They would have never survived childbirth or a hysterectomy. I'm sure your family picture will turn out great. We used to have an Olan Mills here. Our last family picture was with them and I think it was in 1991. It is definitely out of date.

Scrapper it is always hard to catch up after such a busy weekend. I'm sorry that you will be losing your coworker.

I need to finish getting ready and head out the door. Have a great day
Unread 03-18-2009, 09:22 AM

Hi ladies,

Yesterday DH took a sick day from work. I had to get groceries, so he told me to leave LDS with him. I ran my errands and stopped and picked up his medicine. He went to the doctor yesterday morning. He has a sinus infection. I love him and feel bad for him, but I'm glad he went back to work. He was driving me crazy. I had to reschedule our portrait appt. for tonight. I made the appt. long ago before the lent season. I forgot BDS is singing and playing the tone chimes in tonight's service. So we are having portraits Friday evening instead. That's actually better, it gives me a couple more days to finalize what we'll wear. We are going to the lenten supper before the service tonight, so I don't have to cook. Yay! I found out yesterday that DD will be in our school spelling bee on Friday. Parents get to attend, so that's exciting. They pick the three top spellers in each grade to compete. DD and BDS have a dental appt. after school. Hopefully no cavities!

Lisa I hope you were able to get your yardwork done. I'm not a fan of corned beef but I love cabbage. Are you Irish?

I hope you are all having a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2009, 11:05 AM

Hello ladies,

I took dd back to the doctor after school on Monday. She called me while I was on my walk and was complaining about abdominal pain. She was even in tears. So off I went to pick her up and back to the doctor we went.

We got to see her doctor. So I explained what has been going on lately. The urinalysis came back negative....no infection. So I told her that dd feels like she has to pee frequently. She sent us for an ultrasound which we did yesterday. I'll get the results in a week. I'll probably call on Friday. They ruled out appendicitis.

I had my appt with the surgeon. All went well. My xray shows that everything is aligned and healing. I go back in 3 months with a new xray. I need to continue my PT at home to help strengthen my stomach & back muscles.

Mrswillie - Yes, I agree doing more and not being compensated for it is just not right. There won't be any raises for a long time.

Hyper - glad dd's dance pics went well. Our church hasn't done pics for the directory in awhile. Spring break for dd is April 10-17. We leave for Hawaii on Aprill 11th. Congrats to dd on participating in the school spelling bee. Hope all goes well with the dentist appt.

Lisa - love our 70's weather too. Today is supposed to hit the 80's and then we are to get rain for the weekend. Nice that you are able to work in your yard. I need to get our and do some watering.

We don't have anything going on tonight. I'm glad because I"m tired. Tomorrow evening I have parent conferences.

Well I'm going to get another cup of coffee. have a great day.
Unread 03-19-2009, 05:53 AM

Hi ladies,

Yesterday I went to the state capital all day with the 7th graders. We got home last evening. It was a long day but I think most of the kids had a good time. GD is finishing her breakfast and we will leave for school in about 15 minutes. It was a nice day yesterday but it is cold again this morning.

Lisa I agree with you and Scrapper I don't know where the money would come from. My guess is if the feds pass the legislation they probably won't worry about where the money comes from. That is exactly what they did with the no child left behind laws. They passed the legislation for all these new rules and tests and then they did not fund the mandate at all. They will probably leave it up to the districts to worry about funding it and that will mean even more cuts to pay for what the government says we need to do to fix things. The problem is the government is usually wrong in these ideas and then the kids suffer when they have to cut people and other programs to make these new changes. AAARRRGGGHHH!! Let's just hope that if they pass it they come up with how to fund it.

Well on that note, off to work I go, lol.

Have a great day ladies!
Unread 03-19-2009, 08:54 AM

Good morning ladies,

It's a little colder here this morning too, but not unbearable. The lenten supper was really good last night. They had soup, chili and sandwiches. I had chicken wild rice soup and it was really good. BDS' class did a good job on the tone chimes at the service. I'm really going to be sad next year when he won't be doing those things anymore. He'll still be in youth group though. BDS and DD's dental appt. went well. No cavities! LDS's appt is next month and I hoping for another good report. I finally got my house cleaned. I put a roast in the crockpot for supper tonight. All I'll have to do is make the sides. DD has to study for her SS test tomorrow, but other than that I finally have an evening with no running. DH went back to work today. He still isn't feeling 100% but he needed to get back, and I needed him to go back!

Scrapper I hope the results of the ultrasound will give you an answer to what is going on with your DD. Good news on your appt. with the surgeon. I'm glad to hear everything is good.

Jan that was a long day you had yesterday, but it sounds like it went well. Tomorrow is officially spring, we deserve some nice spring weather!

Lisa hope all is well with you.

Have a good day everyone.
Unread 03-19-2009, 10:24 AM

Good morning,

Yesterday after dinner, I went out and watered both in the front and back yards. It sure needed it. The water was so pleasant.

Dd was doing homework studying for her spanish and biology tests. I baked some chicken and added some bbq sauce to it. We'll probably have some rice and veggies with it. We have parent conferences this evening starting at 5. I want to get there around 4:45 so we can get through fairly quickly.

President Obama is going to be very close to our office building today. He's going to be at a school about 2 blocks up from us. so there will be lots of street closures and lots of security.

Mrswillie - that's nice that most of the kids enjoyed themselves. It sure makes for a long day. I can't wait for them to decide what is going to happen with all of our cuts. We will see what happens in the end.

Hyper - the lente supper sounds like it was very nice. Glad to hear that dentist appts went well. Your roast sounds good. I know you're happy that dh is back at work.

Have a great day!
Unread 03-20-2009, 09:24 AM

Hello Ladies,

Happy Spring!! It is going to be mid 50's here today so maybe spring is on it's way!

I still don't have my work computer back but the labs are open so I popped in there.

Cindy I am glad that your DH went back to work. For your sanity, lol. I hope you are having 50's or above today too. I am hungry again and crockpot roast sounds good.

Scrapper that was good news from your surgeoon. Sounds like that surgery was a lifesaver. I hope DD's results come in a little sooner.

I have been so tired lately. It is really starting to bug me. DH thinks it is just stress but I just hate feeling like I want to go to bed right after work. I don't feel quite as bad on the weekends when I sleep in so it is probably not medical but I just don't know how to get around it I can't spend all my free time in bed!

Well today after school it is Dumb a's weekend so I will get GD and wait for him to pick her up. Then I am going to run to the grocery. Tonight is opening night of YDD's play. I will go to that tonight. Tomorrow I am going to sleep in (yay) and then do laundry. Tomorrow night DH and I will go to the play again. Sunday we are going to meet some of DH"s friends for lunch. It is about an hour drive but it should be fun. I think that is it on the agenda for me. I might do some light cleaning but nothing major planned for cleaning this weekend.

Well I hope you are all enjoying your Friday. Have a great day!!
Unread 03-20-2009, 12:00 PM

Happy Friday & Happy Spring ladies,

I'm looking forward to this weekend because it is going to be so much less hectic than last weekend. Tonight dd wants to go to the mall. Tomorrow I have my friends coming over for scapbooking. Really looking forward to that. On Sunday we'll be meeting my sisters and I believe the plan is to pick up dinner and go to my dad's.

Last night we went to dd's school for parent conferences. got to see all her teachers. Overall she is doing very well. We need to focus on her studying more for her geometry and biology quizzes & tests. In those classes her grade dropped to a C because of low test scores. Her teachers speak so highly of her...makes me feel so proud.

The surgeon said that I can do water aeorbics so I've been searching for a class. My gym has a pool but no water aerobics classes. I found another gym very close to the other but you have to be a member to take the classes.

Mrswillie - yes, my surgery was just what I needed. I"m so grateful that it was successful. Your weekend sounds so pleasant. Goodl uck to YDD with her play. I can relate to your tiredness. I've been really tired this week. I think it was related to my very busy weekend last week. It sure took a toll on me. I have to remember that I"m still recovering and it's been 4 months since my surgery. Any ide awhen your work computer will be back up?

Have a good day.
Unread 03-20-2009, 08:40 PM

Hi ladies and happy spring!

Today was chilly, windy and it rained all day. Not exactly what I was hoping for on the first day of spring. I went to the spelling bee. DD got a third place trophy. Since she placed, you had to come in either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in your category, she advances to the district spelling bee on April 3rd. The problem is she has a dance performance the same evening an hour after the spelling bee begins. I will have to do some figuring on that. Her catgory is 3rd-5th grade. I was really proud of her coming in 3rd competing with 4th and 5th graders. We had our family picture taken tonight. We got to view them and pick the one we wanted in the directory and we got the same one for our complimentary 8X10. We were there until after 6, so we went out for dinner. That's twice this week I didn't have to cook. I'm going to get spoiled.

Scrapper you have a fun weekend planned. You always do. I think it's nice that dd's teacher speak highly of her. I can see why you're proud. She sound like such a good girl. Water aerobics sounds like fun. I hope you can find a class.

Jan you have a fun weekend planned as well. I hope YDD's play goes well. Ever since the time change I have been really tired as well. Before the change I would pop right out of bed when the alarm rang, but now I have to drag myself out of bed and I feel tired during the day. When is your spring break? I hope you are able to sleep in tomorrow.

Sleep well ladies.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register