2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 32 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 10-22-2007, 10:22 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Pauline! I'm in Orillia! What a small world!

Ladies...I've got a treat coming today! A couple of guys from work are coming to rake my leaves and clean up the dog poop in the back yard. I think I'll take up position on a lawn chair, a cold beverage in hand and sunglasses on so they can't tell where I'm looking! hahaha

It's nice here today...I wonder if they'll be wearing shirts? Hmmmmm, work boots, tools, sweat on their brow.....mmmmmmm. hahaha As you can tell I've been locked up for too long!

Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2007, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northof49
I'm a little worried driving too. I'm afraid of my reaction times if something happened that required me to brake suddenly!

I do feel better every day but the muscle recovery just seems to be so slow! ARGH!

Could you imagine if all three of us were seen walking together? That would be a sight! hahaha

Hope you have a great day!

Pam
I drove last week to the drs because I had to give a urine sample. No choice hubby was working and everyone else I know. I was a little nervous but I have been off medication for over a week. I haven't been in the car since and if I do it will be to the corner store. I'm concentrating a walking right now and hubby is still running around to pick up stuff for me.

Slow recovery - but definetly progressing.

Thanks to everyone support. Great to relate

NewBegin
Unread 10-22-2007, 10:47 AM

Thank you for the SMILES!!! (try not to laugh so hard it still hurts)
Picturing a group of us all walking around together what a sight that would be.

Thank you again for putting a smile on my face!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2007, 11:08 AM

Hey northof49,
you are a healthy lady. Those thought get a person through the recovery.
I know I have those thoughts, I am blessed to have a DH that is sexy and great body to look at when he is doing chores around the house.
I enjoyed the visual image you wrote about.
hang in there sisters we still have 4 weeks to go before we get to frusterated about feeling like we are older than the little old ladies we see around town.
Debbie
Unread 10-22-2007, 11:09 AM

Kalla Lily - Sorry, didn't see your post today. Things are still the same withe the bleeding and crapming and passing clots. Kind of tired of it. I had to go to my daughters softball tournament yesterday and spent about 10 hours sitting and watching, so really tired today. Maybe that is the reason for the pain and clots. My doctor was really blunt about it not being a suprise and she was not worried "at all" about it, so I guess I will just ignore it and rest as much as possible today. Kind of hard to do with my 2 year old and working but I will try. Hope everyone else is doing well today!
Unread 10-22-2007, 01:02 PM

Just curious any of you who had surgery around 10-5 has your doctor spoken to you about HRT and have you had noticeable issues??
I had my surgery on Oct. 5 and was started on the Climara patch early the next morning. It was changed to Vivelle Dot the next week and I have done wonderful on it. I have not had one hot flash and maybe one or two mood swings. I hope it keeps working as well as it has been.
Unread 10-22-2007, 01:35 PM

I just found this site and I am so glad to have a place to come where we are basically all in the same boat. I had a TVH on Oct. 2nd. I was discharged Wed. afternoon which I was not happy about. I was hoping for a couple of days in the castle. I've been doing pretty good. I too cannot walk for very long and when I do I'm pretty much shuffling like some of you are. Most of the time I'm constipated. I haven't slept a whole night through in these past three weeks. My DH had been really helpful and supportive the first two weeks. Now I find myself having to ask for help more. I went on my first big outing this past weekend. We went out for dinner Sat. and Sun. we went to Walmart. We were only in there for 20 min. that's all I could take. When we got home I was on the couch the rest of the night. I started driving this week. Just taking the kids to school and picking them up. I was lucky that I haven't had any bleeding except for a little right after surgery. This morning I woke up and had discharge that is kind of slimy at times. I immediately freaked out thinking I must of hurt myself in some way. Then I found this site and joined. The first thing I did was read the checkpoint and was so relieved to find out discharge happens in the 3-4th week. I hope everyone continues to do well.
Unread 10-22-2007, 01:56 PM
The Start Of Week 3 - Wisdom

Hello again. I had a TAH on October 2, and like a lot of you felt great the past few days - started to do more things around the house and drove for the first time. Today I am in pain and had to really slow down for my first 20 minute walk of the day.
I wanted to tell you all about a book called THE WISDOM ON MENOPAUSE by Christiane Northup, M.D. Heard about it on Oprah last week and have just started to read it. Has some good information, and it is helping me stay on the couch today and not try to do so much.
Also called the hospital about getting a copy of my surgical report. There is a fee and some paperwork I have to sign, but I want to know what the surgeon wrote, and have it in my possession.
Also had a friend call who is a professor at the University of Calgary in the NeuroSciences. She had just heard a lecture from an expert in Estrogen from McGill University. There is just so much medical science is still learning about hormones that it really is a jungle out there.
Good luck to all of us - and keep on shuffling!
Unread 10-22-2007, 02:00 PM

Do they say it is ok to take estrogens?
Unread 10-22-2007, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan C
Do they say it is ok to take estrogens?

It depends. Both my gyn and my PCP said low dosages of HRT including estrogen would be good for me but it turned out they found endometrial cancer so the plan for using HRT is out of the window, I have to go cold turkey, or should I say hot, sweaty, emotional turkey.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register