2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 320 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 04-19-2009, 12:02 PM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

I got up this morning and got almost all my house work done. I feel much better about it now. I then decided that my hair really needed to be colored. So, here I sit with the color on. After my shower I'm going to head out back. I only plan on staying out there for a couple of hours. It is really warming out there. I have all the windows open in the house and it feels really good in here right now.

This afternoon I'm going to make a big pot of spaghetti sauce. Tomorrow night I'm invited with the preschool to the annual "Week of the Young Child" dinner. DH will have leftovers to eat from tonight.

It is going to be a very busy day tomorrow. I am heading out of town early to help with setting up two new stores. One is a Dollar Tree and the other is a party store. That will be an all day job and then I'll head back home to change and get ready for the dinner.

Jan it sounds like you had a successful shopping trip yesterday. GD is going to be very happy with all her gifts. Your evening last night sounded really cozy. We had all the windows and doors opened until late last night and you were all cozy by your fire. Have fun with your birthday celebration tonight.

Cindy it sounds like you found the perfect dress for the luau. Great price, too. I love flip flops, but I won't wear them. I am so self conscious about my foot with 4 toes. I always felt like people were looking at my foot when I used to wear them. DH thinks I'm nuts to let it bother me, but I can't get over it. I hope you all made it up and out for church bright and early this morning.

I need to go jump in the shower. Enjoy your day, girls
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2009, 05:24 PM

Hi ladies,

DD and I made it to early church this morning so she could sing. They did a nice job. DH and the boys went to 10:30 church. When they got back we went to lunch and stopped at walmart for a few things. I made grilled cheese and tomato soup for supper. DD and LDS are outside playing right now. It's getting nice enough to start grilling again. In awhile I'll bring the kids in for baths and start the bedtime routine. Tomorrow is my hot lunch day. I tried to get someone to sub for me, but no such luck. I wanted to be able to get my house in order and laundry in good shape, because starting Tuesday evening we will be working on setting up the silent auction which will be a day and evening thing until Friday. I'll just have to work around things tomorrow to get as much done as I can. I should have done it this weekend, but I guess I was too lazy!

Jan you found some good deals for GD. She's going to love her gifts. I hope she has fun at her birthday celebration. We live about 45 miles from the Mall of America. You can pretty much find anything there. We don't go there too often, because it's not real close to our house and it is always a mad house there. It is a nice place to go if you've never been there. They have tons of stores and restaurants. They have Nickelodeon Universe which is a mini indoor amusement park. They have a movie theatre and mini golf course. When it first opened we went alot, but if you live here, the attraction wears off.

Lisa you are a better woman than me getting all your chores done. Your preschool dinner sounds like alot of fun. You will have a busy day tomorrow. I hope everything goes well with your stores. I don't remember you mentioning that you only having 4 toes. I think that is unique. I'll bet no one would even notice if you wore flip flops.

Scrapper I think you should be back or back soon from your vacation. I'm looking forward to hearing about it.

Have a good evening everyone.
Unread 04-20-2009, 11:13 AM

Good morning ladies,

We're back...and we had such a great time!!! We got back early Saturday morning - 5:00am. By the time we got home it was 6:40 after bringing in the luggage we went to sleep. Slept in until 11:30 took dd to tutoring and picked up our dogs. They were so happy to see us, and we were happy too. In the afternoon we went to dd's friends 15th bday celebration. It was very nice. We got home at 11:30 that night...we were pretty tired.

Yesterday went to church and then spent the day at home getting unpacked, doing laundry and getting groceries.

Now back at work...pretty hard getting up this morning. My co-worker is out. I guess she was out several days last week and then her grandmother passed away. My boss told me she was so glad I was back.

Now about our trip...the weather was great - 70's and very windy. Some light showers but nothing heavy. it was a realxing vacation...we weren't on the go. We planned some activites and also allowed for vegging out by the pool. We went whale watching which was awesome. We saw 3 whales not up close but got to see them jump out of the water. We also saw dolphins that were swimming by the boat. We went to a Luau one evening which was nice. One day we drove to the other side of the island - very scenic. We had a full kitchen so we went to the market and bought things for breakfast and dinner. They had a bbq grill by the pool so we used it for dinners. Dd and I would go out to the deck which faced the ocean and just watch for whales out towards the horizon, and we did see some. A couple that were out there let us borrow their binoculars. We also saw big turtles swim by...that was pretty cool. They would bob their heads out of the water. I asked dd if she had a good time, and she said YES. I"ll send some pictures as soon as dh puts them on our shared drive at home.

Mrswillie - thanks for sharing gd's pics. The big 3 already...she looks so cute wearing her crown. You're right the picture where she is jumping does show how daring she is. You found great bargains at Penneys. I went on Saturday and found some blouses for work that were 50% off.

Hyper - thanks for sharing the Easter pics...the kids sure are growing. Looks like they had fun dyeing the eggs. Dd always enjoyed doing that. Sounds like you have a busy week.

Lisa - welcome back...hope all continues to work with your computer. My computer at home has some sort of infection...dh took a look at it and had to run scans to clean it up. We will see if it is OK tonight. Hope your busy day isn't too overwhelming today.

Well got to get back to work. Have a great day. We are having very hot weather since yesterday...triple digits. I'm not quite ready for summer weather yet. it is to cool off by Wednesday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2009, 07:50 PM

Hi ladies,

I ended up not having to work hot lunch today. My co-worker called me this morning and said her inlaws were in town and they wanted to come and help her serve today. So she said I could take the day off, which I did. I didn't get as much accomplished as planned, it was rainy and gloomy today and I felt gloomy. I spent alot of time with lds, which was fine. I'd rather do that than clean anyway. I made chili for supper and took dd to dance.

Scrapper welcome back! Your vacation sounds fabulous! It sounds like it was relaxing and fun. I'd love to do whale watching and the luau sounds fun. It's nice that you could bbq by the pool. I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures.

Jan thanks for sending the pictures of gd's birthday. I love both of her cakes. The spongebob cake was cute and the other cake was pretty and girlie. I loved the pictures of her holding her new clothing up to her.

Lisa I hope everything went well with your stores and you had fun at the preschool dinner.

Sleep well everyone.
Unread 04-21-2009, 08:36 AM

Good morning,

When my alarm went off this morning, I didn't want to get up as I was still sleepy. Guess still tired from our trip and trying to get back into the routine. Last night I was watching TV and was falling asleep at 9pm. I finished watching my show and went to bed.

We had chicken tostadas for dinner last night. They were good...something quick and easy. I had made the chicken the night before so I just had to shred it. Dd had religious ed class. I more class and she's done until the new year starts in the fall. After I dropped her off I went to get gas and Target.

Tonight we have nothing going on so looking forward to just relaxing after dinner. I have a doctor's appt on Monday and realized that I had not done my lab work yet. I'm going to have to go tomorrow morning.

Dd got her freshman project back - she wa so excited because she got an A+. She put lots of time into it. They had to pick a career and do research on it. She picked a kindergarten teacher.

Hyper - that was nice that you didn't have to work hot lunch yesterday. Doing something other than cleaning is always nice. I'll take spending time with our children and just relaxing any day.

Well time to see what's in store for work today. I have a Fed Ex package to get ready to send out for my boss. I may take an early lunch to beat the heat so that I can get it to the post office.

Have a good day.
Unread 04-21-2009, 01:52 PM

Hi ladies,

I had to run some errands this morning, then came home and finished my laundry. Tonight we have a PTO meeting, then we are setting tables up for the auction after the meeting. We will be at school all day tomorrow, then I'll come home when the kids get out of school, then go back after supper. Same schedule on Thursday. It's going to be hectic. I hope lds does well. He's a good boy, and can occupy himself, so I'm hoping all will go smoothly. My friend is bringing her portable dvd player, so he can watch a movie. Her daughter will be there tomorrow so he will have someone to hang out with. I"m making breakfast for supper tonight.

Scrapper I'm sure it is hard getting back in to the routine. It's good you can relax this evening. Congratulations to dd on her project!

Have a good day ladies.
Unread 04-21-2009, 02:10 PM

Right now I'm in between stores. I stopped at home to grab some leftover spaghetti for lunch and jumped online to say hi. I was so hungry and now my tummys full again

Yesterday was a long day. We got the two new stores set up. One was a Dollar Tree and the other was a Party City. Last night I went to the dinner and the food was so yummy. They had salad, pesto pasta, chicken, veggies and rolls. I had a good time with the preschool girls and was happy that I went.

It is so hot here. I am not used to this heat yet. Yesterday was 94 and today is supposed to be 96. It will start cooling off tomorrow and then be back in the 70's towards the end of the week

DH is off today and he is working out on the patio. He will be off again on Saturday and Sunday and will finish up that project.

Cindy I'm glad you got your time off yesterday and were able to get some of your chores accomplished. I hope your weather has improved. I would be glad to send our heatwave your way. I thought I had told you girls about my foot. When I was 7, I was being pumped on the back of a bike barefoot and I accidently stuck my right foot in the spokes of the back wheel. It tore up all but my big toe. They sewed my toes back on and the one next to the littlest toe got gangrene in it after about 3 days. I was in the hospital for a week and ended up having 2 surgeries on my foot. You really can't see all the scars anymore, but I am minus a toe. Whenever I see kids riding barefoot I show them my foot and tell them to get some shoes on. I don't want anyone to ever go through what I went through.

Scrapper your vacation sounds wonderful. It sounds like you did some fun stuff and the relaxing part sounds the best. It's always hard to get back in the routine after being off and having so much fun. I can't wait to see your pictures.

Jan I hope all is well with you and your family.

Cindy and Jan I am going to check out your pictures this evening. I finally got our computer running at a normal speed last night. It is still not 100% right, but it is doing better now.

I need to go and head back to work. Enjoy the rest of your day.
Unread 04-21-2009, 09:34 PM

Just popping on to let you girls know that I sent out pictures this evening. I hope they aren't too boring for you. If you ever don't want to look at them feel free to delete. It won't hurt my feelings at all. I think I get carried away sometimes. Matthew created a monster by giving me this camera.

Jan I just went and checked out your pictures. They are great. It looks like gd had a wonderful birthday. What a lucky girl to get 2 birthday cakes Thanks for sharing them.

Cindy I checked yours out, too. They were great. My boys loved doing the eggs when they were younger. I have many happy memories of those eggs being dyed. Your bds is growing like a weed. Your dd looked beautiful in her Easter dress. All your kids looked great. Thanks for sharing.

I need to go do my doggie duty for the evening and then I'm going to relax and watch some TV. Sleep well, girls.
Unread 04-22-2009, 06:00 AM

Hi ladies,

Our meeting lasted until 9:00 and then we set up the tables. I didn't get home until 10:00. I was so exhausted. Lds has a blankie that he has to sleep with. I didn't realize it when I left, but it was in the back of the van. Apparantly the poor little guy had a hard time going to sleep without it. I covered him up with it as soon as I got home. He was happy this morning when he discovered it was in his bed. I'm heading to school today with the kids. It's going to be a long day and evening.

Lisa your pictures were great. I'm never bored seeing your pictures, or Jan's or Srappers. I love looking at all of your pictures. So feel free to send them anytime. I'm glad you had a good time at your dinner. It sounds yummy. I don't remember you telling us the story of your bike accident. How awful. I always make my kids wear their shoes.

I hope you all have a good day.
Unread 04-22-2009, 11:02 AM

I had big plans of getting to work early this morning and here I sit. It's 10:00 and I just got out of the shower. I think this heat has finally caught up with me. I am looking forward to our cool off that is on the way.

I started marinating another london broil on Monday, so that will be dinner tonight. I'll fix baked potatoes and a salad, also. I love those easy dinners.

Cindy it sounds like you had a long day yesterday with more to come. I bet your lds was happy when he woke up with his blankie. Andrew had one that we couldn't go anywhere without, so I know how he was feeling.

I need to go get my hair dryed and get dressed for work.

Have a great day, girls

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register