2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 322 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 04-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

I worked today until 1 and then I took the rest of the day off. I am so tired from yesterday. DH started yesterday on filling in the strips in the patio. I decided that it would go much faster if I helped him. I didn't realize how hard it was going to be. We put mortar down first and then put river rocks down and pushed them down into the mortar and then trowled over the top to make it even. It's still drying some, but I'm liking the way it's turning out so far. I am so sore today. I used muscles yesterday that I didn't even know I had. I feel like I'm in pretty good shape until I do something like that and then realize how out of shape I really am. I took pictures before, during and as soon as it's dry and cleaned up I'll take the after pictures and then send them out. The only thing dh didn't warn me about was how much the mortar will dry out your hands. My hands right now look like I'm 90 years old. I just keep putting lotion on them and hoping they return back to normal soon.

Jan it's good to see you back again. It sounds like you had a productive day on Saturday. You were a busy girl.

Cindy it sounds like you had a productive weekend also with your cleaning. Your dd did great getting that closet organized. Does she hire out? Your lds and dh had a great day together.

Scrapper I hope you had a nice weekend.

Last night after we were done with the patio we threw some chicken breasts on the grill and I fixed some rice pilaf and fresh asparagus. Tonight we are going to bbq some steaks, baked potatoes, more asparagus and watermelon. Matthew is coming by to do laundry and he'll stay and have dinner with us.

I bettter go get something accomplished around here. I hope you all have a great day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2009, 06:03 PM

Hi ladies,

Today LDS and I ran a few errands and I got the rest of my laundry caught up including all the bath towels. I'm feeling happy because the house even stayed clean. That won't last long, but I'm living for the moment right now. I made sloppy joes for supper. BDS is making his confirmation on May 17th so I'm starting to plan for his confirmation party. He has to take his confirmation exam on the 13th, they have a photographer coming in before the exam to take confirmation pictures. He's a little nervous about the exam, but it is just a review of everything he's learned since kindergarten. He's always gotten A's in religion, so I know he'll do fine. DD is at her last dance class for the year. They are basically just having an end of the year party. She told me she's not sure if she wants to do dance next year. I told her she has the whole summer before she has to decide. I won't make her do it if she doesn't want to, but she sure has come a long way this year and has a talent for it. I think she's nervous about next year, because in 4th grade dance, they have two actual competitions against other dance teams. Up to now it's just be a few local performances. I will leave the decision up to her. Well, I'd better get going for now.

Lisa I bet your patio is looking fabulous. I always think I'm in decent shape too, until I actually do something physically challenging then I'm hurting. I hope your hands get back to normal. DD probably wouldn't mind having organizing jobs. She just likes that kind of thing and she's good at it. For some reason all of my kid's love to organize. Now that I think of it, I could probably put all of them to work and have all my projects done without having to lift a finger! lol
I'd love to come by and have dinner with you all. Your dinners sound awesome!

Have a good evening everyone.
Unread 04-28-2009, 01:18 PM

Hi ladies,

We did have a good weekend. My friend and I enjoyed scrapping on Saturday. The time just goes by so quickly. She left around 5:30. She made a suggestion about having a longer session next time. So we are getting together on May 16th and we are going to start at 10AM. We're looking forward to that. Sunday was a nice day after church we went to meet my sisters and had a nice dinner.

Yesterday I was so busy with work. This morning has been busy too. It is quiet right now...the lunch hour. Today I have a dentist appt after work....6 month checkup. Yesterday I had my doctor's appt with my primary doctor. All is good. Mammogram results and lab work are fine. So I go back in 3 months.

Mrswillie - sorry to hear about the loss of another student...how sad.

Hyper - What a successful auction..that is great!!! Glad to hear dd's recital was nice. LDS and DH had a a fun day. That is really great that dd is interested in helping with your organizing projects. Dd has decided that this is her last year in church choir. She's been in it for 5 years. She said she wants to focus on school choir. This Saturday we will be at a choir festival for church choir. It will be interesting to see if your dd wants to continue dance or not.

Lisa - wow...how scary with that child getting out of his seatbelt...I wouldn't want to have to deal with him on a daily basis. Your patio sounds like it is coming along....with lots of hard work. How is your body feeling today?

Have a good day. I'm going to warm up my lunch soon - getting hungry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2009, 05:40 AM

Hi ladies,

Yesterday was pretty low key. LDS and I went and did a few in town errands. I had put a roast in yesterday morning, so all I had to do was make the sides. Today lds has is 6 month checkup at the dentist. I realized the other day that I still need to take him in for his 5 year check and shots. He doesn't do well with shots, so I'm not looking forward to it. I had to fill out BDS's 9 grade registration last night. We have to make an appt. for him to tour the school and pick his courses. I can't believe he's going to be in high school next year. I'm making spaghetti for supper tonight. I'd better go get the kids up.

Scrapper your weekend sounds nice. I can see how time would go by fast when your scrapbooking. I hope all went well with your dentist appt. and I'm glad to hear everything was good at your dr. appt.

I hope you all have a good day.
Unread 04-29-2009, 10:55 AM

Good morning ladies,

My dentist appt went well...no cavities...she said I need to floss better. So then had my teeth cleaned. My teeth and gums were sore from the deep cleaning. I was there for 2 hours...they were so busy. I don't know if they overbook or what but every room was taken. So I'm good for another 6 months.

By the time were done it was 6:30. So we picked up sub sandwiches with a side salad. They were really good. Tonight I'm making chicken tostadas. chicken is made I will shred it when I get home along with the other toppings.

Dd has tutoring today at 4:30. I had to reschedule from Saturday because we will be at a choir festival that day. Other than that hope to relax and watch some TV.

Hyper - good luck when you take lds for his 5 yr old check up. The shots aren't fun. Hope all goes well with his dentist appt today. I know how you feel about bds starting high school. Dd is finishing her first year in high school...that sure was fast.

Mrswillie and Lisa - hope all is well.

Back to work...have a great day.
Unread 04-29-2009, 06:38 PM

Hi Ladies,

Well I think things are getting a bit better. I tell you this is one doozy of a year. We get out on June 4th. Let's hope things hold out until then.

Scrapper I am glad all your appointments have gone well. Tostadas sound yummy.

Lisa what a job you have taken on with the patio! Your yard and flowers are so beautiful that I know this project will be great when you finish. Your hair looked soo good in those photos you sent! It has really grown.

Cindy thanks for the photos! You look beautiful and that dress was perfect. How do you keep so thin??? I don't know what it is, but don't change a thing because you look fantastic. I wonder what DD will decide about dance? I think you are wise to leave up to her, especially since she was so stressed awhile back. This will give her some contro; over some of that. That is good about BDS' schedule. We have been working on schedules this week as well. We are a bit behind because of the circumstances, but it will work out.

Well I onlt have about 20 minutes until GD gets home so I better get a few chores done.

Have a nice evening ladies.
Unread 04-30-2009, 06:08 AM

good morning

It rained all day yesterday. We needed the rain. LDS's dentist appt. went well. DD was complaining that she didn't feel good when she came home from school yesterday. She had a headache and stuffy nose. I haven't woke the kids up yet, I hope she is not sick. I'm making sweet and sour chicken for supper.

Jan thanks for the compliment. I don't feel thin, I have areas that need work. DD just wasn't really into dance this year. You're right, she did have some stress this year. I'm curious as to what she'll decide. Our last day of school is June 4th as well. I'm glad things are getting better and I hope you will make it through the rest of the school year without anymore incidents.

Scrapper I'm glad your dentist appt. went well. I don't like those deep cleanings. I hope your were able to have your relaxing evening.

Lisa hope all is well with you.

Have a good day.
Unread 04-30-2009, 02:15 PM

Hi ladies,

I've been so busy at work today....especially the morning...very hectic. It has quieted down for the lunch time. So now I'm catching up on things I need to get done today.

Last night was pretty relaxing. I dropped dd off at her tutoring session and went to put gas. Picked her up and we went home. I finished getting dinner ready. The tostads were yummy. After dinner we watched 2 shows we had recorded...biggest loser and next top model.

Dd has had a light homework load so far this week. They've been testing (the State tests) since Tuesday. Tomorrow is the last day.

Tonight she has choir practice from church and that is about all this evening. we're having steaks with baked potatoes and either salad or steamed veggies for dinner.

Mrswillie - glad you feel that things are getting better. It sure had been quite a rough school year. Well at least there is just a little over a month to go. Dd's last day is June 11th.

Hyper - glad lds had a good dentist appt. Hope dd isn't sick. My dd has had a headache and stuffy nose this week. Thanks for sending your photos. You look very nice....nice colors too!! You all look so festive...ready to do the hula.

I'm going to put my tennis shoes on to get ready for my lunch time walk. I've been doing good this week...been out all week.

Have a great day.
Unread 04-30-2009, 03:24 PM

Hi Girls,

Well this afternoon I had to contact the HS because one of my students reported some concerning information regarding another student with suicidal ideation at the HS. This has to stop! Please keep this poor student in your prayers and hope we can get it all sorted out safely.

It rained almost all day but now the sun is out. We have to enjoy it because it is supposed to rain for about 4 more days. My stomach is grumbling. When I am done posting I am going to make stir fry. If the weather holds maybe we will go for a walk.

Cindy I sure hope DD is not sick. Alot of people are sick here too. I wish these viruses would die out with the spring weather.

Scrapper your dinner sounds great again. Steak is one of my favorites. It is nice that you have been having a couple of relaxing evenings.

Off to supper for me. Have a great evening!
Unread 04-30-2009, 06:41 PM

I worked today and decided I need to come online and check up on you girls. DH is working until 8 tonight, so I have a couple more hours to myself. I am glad that tomorrow is Friday. Yesterday I only worked 1/2 day. I got up yesterday and looked around the house and got depressed. I ended up taking the morning off to get caught up on laundry and I got some house cleaning done. Then I was able to head off to work in a happier mood.

Tonight at 7, I have to take this feral cat that has taken up residence outside our house to PetSmart for it to be transported tomorrow to Fresno to be fixed. There is a cat rescue operation here that will transport them to this low cost clinic. I think I told you all about the kitten that was under my neighbors house and I helped her get it out and it never went far after that. I have been feeding it, because I felt sorry for it. I am having a little anxiety right now knowing that I'll have to get it into the carrier right before 7 tonight. I'm the only person that can come close to it. I have been able to pet it while it eats and that is my plan for tonight. I haven't fed it all day, hoping it will be really hungry and not notice that I'm picking it up and locking it in a cage. Wish me luck. I will only have one try at this and I know if I don't succeed that it won't give me another chance tonight.

Jan I hope that things work out for that high school student. If they could just realize that they have so many people that care about them and would be willing to help if they would just open up. Your stir fry sound yummy and I hope you were able to get your walk in tonight.

Cindy I'm sure your dd will make the right choice about her dance. Congrats to your lds on his dental checkup. I hope your dd isn't coming down with something.

Scrapper I'm glad your mammo and blood tests came back good. Good for you also on your dental appt. No cavities Good job on all your lunch time walks.

Tonight on the news they announced 2 probable cases of the swine flu in our valley. They are both kindergarten students. I'm sure that it won't be long before it makes it's way to our county. This is scary stuff.

I'm going to go and do a few chores before I have get ready for the dreaded deed of catching that cat. I'll let you know how it goes.

Have a great evening.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register