2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 327 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 05-17-2009, 05:00 PM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Hi ladies,

BDS's confirmation was really nice. Pastor picked a bible verse for each of them. In the evelope with their confirmation certicate, he included a letter telling them why he picked their verse. BDS's letter was so touching. The reason behind his verse really fit BDS to a tee. We had a luncheon for him afterwards. I straightened up the house after and now were all going to relax for the evening.

Jan you do have a busy week coming up. I know when it's my turn, I'll feel the same way, glad when it's over. I hope it warms up for you next week, it's supposed to here.

Lisa I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Maybe you can rest while enjoying your shows this evening. I hope you feel better soon. Thanks for the pictures. The kitties are so cute! I agree with jan, you're patio is beautiful. You really have a nice yard. I loved both of the pictures of your FIL. He seems like a good sport. How neat to have a keepsake picture of Mrs. Obama's plane.

Scrapper I hope you're having a nice weekend.

Have a good evening everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2009, 01:00 PM

Hi ladies,

Sounds like everyone had a good weekend.

We had a good one too...it was fun and relaxing. Friday after work got the marketing done, picked up dinner, and baked for Saturday. Scrapping was great..we had a good time. One of my friends couldn't make it because her dd had a bad performance that she learned about that morning. her dd forgot to tell her about it. So my other friend, dd, and I scrapped. We scrapped until about 7pm...the tiem goes by quickly. I worked on my forner boss's retirement album and got 14 pages done. Hopefully I can work on it during the week too so I can get it to her.

Yesterday after church we came home and had lunch. My youngest sister called and said that she wasn't going to go to the cemetery for our usual get together. Then my other sister had to work until 4pm. So dd and I went and left my mom flowers. Then we went to Walmart as we needed some things. From there we went to get some frozen yogurt. We went home and enjoyed our yogurt and watched TV.

Dd has an orthodontist appt today at 4:30. We may end up picking something up for dinner because by the time we get home it will be close to 6pm.

Lisa - thanks for sharing your pics. you should have been in some of the Mother's Day ones. Your patio is looking good!!! Lots of hard work!! Hope you're feeling OK..it worked out that you had a fairly quiet weeekend. Yes, we had hot weather...90's not quiet triple digits. It will start to cool off mid-week.

Hyper - how was BDS Confirmation? Glad you and dd had a good time at the garage sales. Dd was the one that asked if she could do the solo. Guess she figured since it is her last year she wanted to do it. She doesn't say she is nervous. I just tell her sing with your heart.

Mrswillie - sounds like you had a nice relaxing weekend. You will be busy with YDD's graduation and party.

Well I"m getting hungry so I'm going to go heat my lunch. Have a good day.
Unread 05-20-2009, 05:44 AM

Hi ladies,

We hit 90 degrees yesterday and it's going to be in the 90's again today. Monday when I went to serve hot lunch I tripped and fell. There is some uneven pavement by the kitchen door and I tripped on it. I have skinned knees and the palm of my hand is abraised. My middle right hand finger swelled and bruised. I went in yesterday to have it checked and it turns out I have a small fracture. The doctor put a splint of it. It is annoying. BDS's 8th grade banquet is June 2nd. I have to turn in 5 pictures of him from baby to present that they will put on a board. And I have to submit more pictures spanning his life for a slide show. When I was going through my pictures I kept thinking how did we get from this adorable baby boy to this young man so quickly? The banquet is going to be at the golf course in town. It should be nice. This will be the first banquet in 47 years to be held outside of school. Today LDS and I have to run a few errands.

Scrapper I was so excited to get your Hawaii pictures. They turned out great. The three of you looked like you were having a good time. I love the pictures of the sunset and the ocean. Thanks for sharing them with us. It sounds like you had a nice weekend. I'm glad you had fun scrapping on Saturday. Even though your plans with your sisters fell through on Sunday, it sounds like you and dd salvaged the day and had a nice time. BDS's confirmation was really nice.

I hope you all have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2009, 09:17 AM

Good morning ladies,

Driving in this morning traffic was really heavy...no accidents or stalls just lots of cars.

My boss has been at a conference in Chicago since Monday. She comes back late today and will be back in the office tomorrow. I have had plenty to keep me busy.

Dd'sorthodontist appt went well. They added a coil to her bottom wire. She said her mouth is still a bit sore. She goes back next month.

The dog was picked up on Saturday morning by dd's friend's dad. What a difference....we are back to our regular routine...no extra duties. It was a rough 3 weeks. Dd's friend can't thank us enough.

Lisa - the L.A. Times had an article about the graduation and Mrs. Obama and the heat. Hope you are feeling OK.

Mrswillie - hope things are well with you.

Hyper - glad to hear that BDS's Confirmation went well. Sounds like a nice ceremony. Sorry about your fall...ouch skinned knees. That is good that you went in to have your finger checked out. Are you in pain? I understand what you mean about the time going by so quickly. So evident when you start looking through pictures. Just like I can't believe that dd is finishing her first year of high school. Yes, we did have a great time in Hawaii....relaxing. I love the sunsets too and the water is WOW. In August we will be headed to San Diego for a week and staying by the beach...really looking forward to that.

Well time to check what is on my desk for today. It is going to be a busy day. Dd has choir practice tonight instead of tomorrow. We're having bbq chicken with veggies and either rice or potatoes.

Have a great day.
Unread 05-20-2009, 12:29 PM

Hi Ladies,

It has been busy around here. It is beautiful and warm in the low 80's. It is supposed to cool to the 70's friday and stay there through the weekend. I hope it stays dry. If it does on the weekend I am going to buy some flowers to plant in the backyard to get ready for the party.

Last night I went with YDD to the comm college for registration and orientation. It took the whole evening but it went well. She is all set for fall except for buying her text books.

I purchased tickets to go down to Florida and stay with my Dad this summer. They are for the 7-14 of July. DS can't go because of classes but the rest of the family is going to go. My DH was not thrilled with the expense but there will only be a few more opportunities to do things like this before it is impossible for everyone to work it out I'm sure. We rented a minivan to use down there and I could not believe the price, $400 for a week! Oh well it will be worth it for a fun week. I told DH we can eat alot of hamburger this summer if need be!

ODD and I typed up a little letter including those dates in a note for Dumb A. In our visitation contract it states that ODD gets GD for 2 uninterrupted weeks this summer and he gets GD for 7 days twice not to be taken together. DH is going to give him the note signed, by ODD, tonight at his pick up time. The contract states we have to give him 30 days notice and this is even more than that so we hope it will minimize problems with him, but you never know with him. That is why we are having DH do it. Also this weekend is ours so he will not be around to bother us again for a week! I imagine this will spur him to make his own plan for his 2 weeks which will be good as well because then we will have some time to prepare.

Scrapper I loved your Hawaii photos!! You all looked like you were having such a good time. When I saw your DH I was thinking oh those were the glasses the puppy ate, lol. I sure would like to get there someday. Your DD is very lucky that you have been able to take her to such a neat place. Your dinner plans sound yummy.

Cindy I am sorry about your finger. It is a nuisance but I sure am glad you were not hurt more. I hope it is not too painful. Your plans for BDS' graduation sound nice. How did they decide to go off campus after so many years? I bet it will be great. Looking at those photos of the kids through the years is so fun. I need to get some of those together for YDD. She wants to have a table with her HS scrapbooks, awards, pom photos, graduation photos, and some school photos throughout the years at the party. Sometimes I am not sure we ill be able to get everything done in time but I will do the best that I can.

Well I have to get off to a meeting.

Have a great day ladies!
Unread 05-21-2009, 05:40 AM

good morning,

My finger is feeling much better this morning. The first couple of days after I fell my finger was really hurting. Now it's more just sore. We hit 95 yesterday. It's raining this morning and is only going to be in the low 60's. Yesterday lds and I ran errands. I made pork chops for supper. Today DH has to take his car in for an oil change, so he'll have to take my van to work. I need to catch up on laundry today.

Scrapper I'm glad dd's orthodontist appt went well. I'm sure you're glad the dog went back to it's owner. I'm sure the puppy is glad to be back with his owner as well. Going to San Diego and sitting by the beach sounds great!

Jan your trip to Florida sounds great too! I hope dumb a doesn't give you any trouble about it. I'm sure it's a good feeling for YDD to be ready for the fall. For BDS's banquet, there are only three 7th grade parents and they felt it was too much for them to make food, and everything that goes with the banquet. (The 7th. grade parents always plan the 8th grade banquet) So they approached our principal about having it off site and he said he thought it would be a nice change.

I hope you all have a great day.
Unread 05-21-2009, 10:11 PM

Hi girls

It has been a busy week around here. I am feeling much better the past couple of days. I went to work on Monday and only lasted a couple of hours. That's what I love about my job, being able to basically work when I want. I came home and took a nap on Monday afternoon and then really started feeling like myself again yesterday. I guess it was just a virus that I picked up.

I am so glad that tomorrow is Friday. I am looking forward to a long weekend. DH is working all weekend, so I plan on just staying home and getting this house back in order. It's amazing how fast it can get out of control with just the two of us. I also plan on working in the yard some. It is going to be in the high 80's all weekend. Perfect outside weather.

Last night I received a SOS call from the preschool. I drove this afternoon and they wore me out. I think I'm getting too old to be able to keep up with those kids.

I finally checked out everyones pictures this past weekend. Cindy your ds confirmation pictures were great. They all looked so nice in their robes. Jan your ydd was beautiful in her prom dress. Scrapper your dd choir pictures were great. It looks like they enjoy what they are doing. Thanks for sharing them all.

Cindy I'm sorry to hear about your little accident. I'm glad the finger isn't too painful for you. Hopefully it will heal up and you won't have any problems with it. You have been having our weather the past few days. I'm glad you're cooling down now.

Jan how exciting about your upcoming vacation. Our anniversary is July 7. I hope that dumb a doesn't cause any problems with your plans. I know what you mean about scheduling something once the kids are older and have their own lives. If you buy the flowers, I would be more than happy to come and help you get them planted this weekend

Scrapper I'm glad the puppy is gone and you can get back to normal at home. I know what you mean about having an extra animal throwing off the routine at home. Right now I have the Mama and baby kitty in the front bathroom. I have to lock up my cats in the bedroom a few times a day and let the Mama out to exercise. Once the kitten gets mobile it is going to get even more difficult I'm afraid. I am going to check out your Hawaii pictures later this evening. I'm sure they are beautiful. I just loved Hawaii.

I need to go and get the clothes out of the dryer. Then I'm going to put on my jammies and watch some television.

Have a restful evening.
Unread 05-22-2009, 10:05 AM

Happy Friday ladies!!!

Yesterday dh took dd to the doctor as she was still complaining about her throat being sore. I attempted to take her the day before but when we checked in at 3:30 they said that the doctor wasn't seeing any more patients. They were really behind and wanted to make sure to see the patients that were there. I was pretty mad after all the driving back and forth. Anyway, long story short. No antibiotics needed as it is the common cold. he told her to take motrin and robitussin.

She didn't sleep well at all last night...she couldn't fall asleep. Finally close to 2am she was out. Each time she got up and told me that her throat hurt, or she couldn't fall asleep. So when my alarm rang at 5am I was not ready to get up. I took some tylenol because I had a headache. I'm going to pickher up early from school - half day...this way she can go home and take a nap.

I'm glad it is a 3 day weekend. We don't have much planned. So far the only set plans are my best friend and I are going to go see Dirty Dancing - the play on sunday evening. Saturday evening we may go to the movies...other than that just relax at home and I can even continue to do some scrapping.

mrswillie - that is great all is set for ydd with college and her registration. You trip to Florida sounds wonderful. You're going to have a great time. We must take advantage of opportunities like these. Hope Dumb A. doesn't cause any problems. You can only do your best to get everything done for ydd;'s graduation party.

Hyper - glad to hear that your finger is feeling better. Wow...that was some change in the weather from one day to the next. We've been in the 80's to 90's all week. Hope you were able to tackle yor laundry.

Lisa - glad you are feeling better. Yes, it has been nice getting back to our normal routine. It has been nice to just be able to sit and watch TV with out having to chase a dog and get what he has in his mouth out. Working in your yard sounds nice. I find it very therapeutic when I'm out working in the yard.

Enjoy your weekends and hope you get to sleep in.
Unread 05-23-2009, 11:47 AM

Hello Ladies,

Things have been busy around here with the end of school approaching. We have warm weather here and today it is a bit humid. I like it better when it is warm and not so humid.

This morning I have been trying to straighten up this disaster of a house. I hope to get the flowers done this weekend and some shopping. I am trying not to get upset because there is time but for some reason I feel really stressed. I know it is making me crabby but I can not seem to get rid of the feeling. I am hoping ODD is able to take GD for a bit this weekend so I can get somethings done without her under foot but it is unlikely that she will have alot of time off of work.

Cindy the golf club celebration does sound like a nice change. I am glad your finger is not too painful.

Scrapper sounds like you have some fun weekend plans as usual. I hope DD's throat feels better soon.

Lisa a weekend at home sounds great to me. Enjoy your beautiful weather. I sure wish you were here to help with the flowers! I could use your creativity and planning even more than your planting help. I don't have that gene, lol! Especially when it comes to the yard.

Have a great Saturday ladies.
Unread 05-23-2009, 03:39 PM

Hi girls

I got to sleep in this morning and it was so nice. DH is working until 8 tonight, so I have the whole day to myself. I just got home from the grocery store and won't have to leave the house again for the rest of the weekend. I put away all the refrigerated items and still need to unload the rest of the groceries. One the way home from the store I stopped at the strawberry patch and bought some yummy strawberries. We'll have strawberry shortcake for dessert

Right now I have the baby kitten here on my lap. She was in the bathroom cyring and her Mama for some readon wasn't going in there. She's very content now that she's getting some attention. I can't believe how much she has changed in the last 3 weeks.

I forgot to share our exciting news earlier this week. Matthew went back to Cal Poly last weekend to retake the 3 parts of his masters exam that he didn't pass last year. He found out on Monday afternoon that he passed He was so relieved to have that out of the way.

Scrapper I looked at your Hawaii pictures and they were great. Thanks for sharing them. It looks like a great trip. I hope your dd starts feeling better. Summer colds are no fun.

Jan good luck getting all your projects done this weekend. I get like that too and feel like I'm never going to be ready, but it seems to all come together in the end. I hope you find some time to relax this weekend.

I need to get off of here and get busy around my house. I need to finish putting the groceries away and then get the kitchen picked up.

Have a great weekend, girls.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register