2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 329 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 05-28-2009, 09:21 AM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Hello ladies, I bet you thought I dropped off the face of the earth! Not quite but close. Finallly got the headaches under control then lost my job. Actually, it was a blessing from God because I'm rid of the stress, now I just need to find another one . Been pretty bored at home but I bet I have the cleanest house on the block! Cleaned and organized my closet and only ended up with one bag of clothes to give away, not bad. Okay, coulda had more but still hoping to squeeze into the skinny jeans one day. LOL. DS is in high school so he's totally not wanting me at the school trying to help, besides tomorrow is the last day. He totally does not want to hang with his old momma...
I will have to get caught up on the posts but wanted to check in. I hope everyone is doing well. Hard to believe it's been almost 2 years since our surgery.
Hope you all have a great day, will check back in later...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2009, 11:22 AM

Good morning ladies,

The choir concert was really great last night. All four choir groups did so well and you can tell how much they have improved since their first concert last year. Dd was really happy with their performance and was excited that her best friend was there. Former alumni that were in choir in prior years were there to celebrate the choir director's retirement. The last event will be next Monday...the Awards Banquet.

Tonight dd has church choir practice. That will be over June 7th. The director is planning a field trip on June 25th.

There is a dance at school tomorrow evening and dd's friends are going and telling her to go as well. I'm encouraging her to go because she is not sure she wants to go. So we will see what she decides.

Hyper - belated bday wishes to you....sounds like you had a nice day. Sorry to hear that you have to wear the splint 3 more weeks but it is probably for the best in order for it to heal. I know it is especialy harder because it is your right hand. Hang in there. I work year round but there is talk about assignment being changed to 10 month employees due to our budget cuts. So we would be off 2 months during the summer without pay. My dh works for the same school district so that means no pay times 2....so we are going to have to be on a tight budget. They haven't informed us if it is going to be implemented for the new school year which begins July 1 (we have year round schools).

Lisa - hope you were finally able to get going and off to work. The remodeling of your bathroom sounds so cute. We are heating up here to the upper 80's through the weekend. Even right now it is still hazy.

Mrswillie - yes, once the graduation party is over you can unwind. Then you have your trip to look forward to.

Grateful - good to hear from you. Glad that your headaches are gone. Sorry you lost your job...hope things work out with looking for a new one. At least you've had this time to focus on your home.

Well back to work. Have a great day.
Unread 05-29-2009, 05:48 AM

good morning ladies,

Happy Friday! I'm tired this morning, I'm looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow. We went to church last night and BDS made his first communion. Today LDS and I have to run a few errands. Tonight is the kid's school play. It's called, "I need a vacation". It should be cute. Only 3 1/2 days next week and schools out for the summer. I have to go through my community ed book and get the kids signed up for summer activities. I've got to wake everyone up.

Scrapper I'm glad the choir concert did well. It sounds nice. Has your dd decided if she's going to the dance? I sure hope that they don't cut you and dh down to 10 months. That would be quite a hit with it happening to the both of you.

Grateful I'm glad that you finally got rid of those headaches. I'm sorry you lost your job, but maybe it was for the best if it relieved your stress.

Have a great day ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2009, 11:31 AM

Hello Ladies!

It has been busy around here. I was busy with my daughters last night. They were looking to find bathing suits for our trip. Tomorrow they want to take a trek to Peoria to do some more shopping for shorts and such. I have a lot to do with the party coming up but I think I am going to take a break and go with them because all 3 of us don't get the opportunity to go together very often. GD will be with Dumb a so there will not be a big rush. Speaking of GD, she is doing really well with her potty training. She still has some accidents, and sleeps with a diaper at night, but mostly she is really doing great. This morning when I asked her if she needed to go to the potty she said ok, Gram, I a good girl I don't need diapers anymore. I had to hug her. She has been pretty sleepy these past few mornings. I think she will be glad when the schedule slows down and she doesn't have to be at daycare quite as early for awhile.

Today the 8th grade class went on a field trip. There are 3 students that can not go for various reasons and they have to spend the afternoon with me. I am letting them have some time in the computer lab so I thought I would check in here while I had a minute to be on the computer.

Cindy congrats to BDS. He has really had alot of fun stuff going on for him lately. That play sounds like it will be funny. Sounds like a fun time. Are your kids going to have alot of activities this summer? I think this will be the first summer in a long time that I won't have someone going off to alot of activities. DS will come and go as he is spending most of the summer taking classes down at school. YDD will also come and go because she is working as a counselor at a summer camp. ODD will be working her regular schedule and GD is too little for summer programs. oh BTW, DH surprised me and picked this place that has huge delicous burgers. We also had fried cheese curds and fries. We ate way too much! Tonight we are having grilled chicken and salad. The pizza party went great. They finished all the pizza and the cinnamon sticks were a big hit.

Scrapper glad the concert went well. Did DD decide on the dance? I am with you she should go and enjoy herself. What does DH do for the school district? How will they cut you down to 10 months if you follow year round calendar? I wouldn't mind going to that calendar, but so far it hasn't been seriously considered. Teachers in IL work 180 days. So the districts that do year round still only work 180 but the vacation time is spread out through the year. Is that similar to your plan? That is how I don't see how they would give you 2 months off because all the districts in IL that do that schedule never have more than 4 weeks break. I am interested to hear how your district does things. Is your support staff unionized? I am guessing no or you would have more information about when and what was going to happen. I hope it works out and you don't have to change.

Grateful good to hear from you. I am glad your headaches have improved. I hope you find the right job soon.

Lisa your Disney bathroom sounds great! I love Disney and I will love that bathroom I am sure. I hope you are all caught up at your stores.

Well girls have a great Friday.
Unread 05-29-2009, 02:33 PM

Hello ladies.
Today is the LAST day of school and lemme tell you, I am happy as can be!! I picked DS up from the bus stop and I told him he had a raggedy year. He said wellllll, not sure I'd say raggedy, more like I was off my game. I had to smile. I said okay, you were off your game. He said next year I'll do much better and I said that he wouldn't have a choice because he'll be in the pre-engineering program at the vo tech. It's a great program, he takes all of his math and science classes there and if he completes it (senior year) not only will he graduate from high school but he'll have college credits and very close to an associates degree. With my job situation, I am looking at relocating to Dallas so if we move, it would be nice if they had a similar program.
I have already given him a list of 'duties' for the summer. Sorry to say 'take a shower and brush your teeth every day' were on the list. He's a boy and he's 15 1/2 you think he'd know better!!!

Lisa, I can't wait to see picts of your Disney bathroom, I see you haven't stopped working hard since I've been offline! LOL. You really do work hard!!

Jan- I had to chuckle out loud when I saw you typed Dumb A, made me smile, guess he's still hanging around and much hasn't changed. Congrats on the potty training she will have it down in no time and she is a good girl. Have fun with your girls and shopping. Ain't no way I would even think of getting all this butt in a swimsuit. BUT now I have plenty of time to hit the gym and no stress from the drama of work, so things are looking up!!!

Scrapper- I hope your DD decided to go to the dance and had a good time. sorry to hear about the 2 months with no pay, budget issues have hit so many very hard.

Cindy- happy belated birthday!! I hope you can find plenty for your kids to do this summer. Ouch on the fall and maybe the 3 additional weeks will be exactly what you need to heal 100%.

Conflicted on dinner but will probably fry some fish. I started frying basa fish and I love it. Also got some fried shrimp from Sam's that I had at a party last weekend and it was so good. Been trying to stay away from fried food but tonight we may have to go there!

Hope you're enjoying your Friday!!!
Unread 05-29-2009, 08:22 PM

TGIF I ended up working this afternoon. So much for my 3 day weekend. Oh well...I had a large order come into one of my accounts and next week is going to be super busy, so I decided to get it put away today and not make next week any busier than it's already going to be. I went to the funeral this morning and then Andrew and I went out to lunch, so I had the morning free. Actually the next 2 weeks are going to be crazy busy for me. The gal that does the Target here in our town is going to Florida for her grandsons graduation and will be gone for 2 weeks. I will take over her store plus my own. With graduations and Fathers Day coming up, there are going to be lots of cards being sold. I'm already tired just thinking about it.

I'm thinking I might be getting a bladder infection. Just what I don't need right now. I think if it still feels the same tomorrow I'll head to the Urgent Care. Why does this stuff always happen on Friday afternoon? I have only ever had one bladder infection and that was right after a surgery. They said my bladder was scratched from the catheter. I just have this full feeling all the time. I don't have any burning or pain, but just discomfort. Who knows????

DH is off for the next 3 days coming up. If we get a burst of energy we may start on the bathroom. Right now I can't see that happening.

Jan your gd is doing great with her potty training. Have fun with your girls on the shopping trip. Maybe some time relaxing with them is what you need right now.

Cindy congrats to your bds. Have fun at the play tonight. Just think only a few more days and then you can sleep in during vacation

Scrapper it sounds like your dd concert went very well. I hope they don't change your work schedule, but so many things are being cut right now. Every day on the news theres more cuts being made by Arnold. Scary...

Grateful it was great to hear from you. I was just thinking of you and Sas and was going to ask the other girls if they had heard from either of you. You must have been getting my Wheres Grateful vibes. Now Sas needs to check in and let us know how she is doing. I'm glad that your headaches are gone. Sorry about your job, but you sound very upbeat about the future. Hopefully your ds will get back on the game next year What does your ds think about moving?

I need to go check on the kitties. I have the bathroom door opened right now and I can hear the Mama yelling at the baby. Who knows what mischief they are into in there. Those cats are too much. The baby will be 4 weeks old tomorrow. She is so cute. Her Mom is a bad influence on her. I think the Mama will be much happier when she can return to living outdoors again.

Have a great evening girls
Unread 05-29-2009, 10:00 PM

Hello ladies,

I didnt' get to post from work so I'm here in my scrapbook room. Dd did decide to go to the dance. I dropped her off at 7 and she said she'll text me when she's ready to be picked up. As I dropped her off a group of her friends was walking towards the room where the dance was being held. Dh is in his computer room. I think when I'm done I will work on my scrapbook.

Tomorrow need to get marketing done. Dd has tutoring followed by a haircut appt....just a trim as she is growing it out. Then in the eveing we are going to her school for the spring dance performance. We missed one earlier in the year and I told her I wanted to go to the next one. On Sunday we are going to church...this is when dd has her solo. In the afternoon we will head over to meet my sisters.

Hyper - I agree looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow morning. Congrats to BDS. Have fun at the kids play tonight...sure sounds cute. Are the kids excited that school is almost over?

Mrswillie - I hope you had a great time shopping with your daughters today and that you found some things. Yeah for GD and potty training. YDD's summer job sounds like fun. Dh is the manager of the helpdesk in our IY DEpt. I don't know how they plan to work the 10 month assignments. Our year round schools need the support. The whole process is being discussed with the different unions that is why the details are so sketchy. Our schools are on either a 180 or 163 day calendar. The vacation is also spread out through the year with breaks varying from 4 to 8 weeks.

Grateful - I'm sure DS is glad he is done with school for this year. Sounds like a good program he is in. Ar you planning to move during the summer?

Lisa - hope you don't end up with a bladder infection. Oh boy you are going to be busy these next couple of weeks. I already bought my Father's Day cards....I like to get them early. I'll need to check with dd if she wants to get any graduation cards for some of her friends.

Well off to work on some scrapping before dd calls and says she's ready to be picked up.

Enjoy the weekend.
Unread 05-31-2009, 08:57 AM

Hi Ladies,

Everyone sure is busy lately! On Friday after Dumb A picked up GD, DH and I ate leftovers for dinner and then headed into the yard and planted all the flowers. He was not thrilled but it looks nice for the party.

Yesterday the girls and I went shopping right after lunch and got home at 10!!!! DH could not believe it. I bought a dress that can serve double duty for the graduation at my work and a wedding we are going to this summer. Then I bought one knit top and a tank. The rest was the girls! Ydd bought 2 dresses, a pair of sandals, some tops, 2 bras, underwear, and 2 pairs of capris. I bought the graduation dress and sandals, and then she used some gift cards she had plus some of her work savings. ODD bought 3 pairs of shorts, 2 bras and underwear, and a couple of tank tops. ODD and I were pooped and ready to drop but YDD could have kept going for a lot longer. She definitely could put a dent in the mall of America!

Today I have to do the laundry and get to Dairy Queen to get some gift certificates to give as awards at school. I think you all have reminded me that I better get some graduation cards too.

Lisa I was surprised you worked Friday. Sounds like you will be really busy these next few weeks. I sure hope it is not a baldder infection! Don't wait get it checked as soon as you can. I have had some that really hurt and I would not want you to get one like that.

Scrapper I hope you enjoy the solo today! Did DD have fun at the dance? What is the IY dept? It sure does sound like a mess. Leave it to a school district ... lol. I am praying you guys don't get cut.

Hope all of you ladies are having a good weekend!

Since I slept so late I need to get moving. Have a great Sunday.
Unread 05-31-2009, 06:42 PM

I ended up going to Urgent Care yesterday afternoon and I do have a bladder infection. I slept really well on Friday night and felt pretty good when I got up yesterday. As the morning went on I was spending more and more time in the bathroom. Around noon I jumped in the shower and then headed to the Dr. I still feel like crap. It is 5:30PM and I just got out of the shower. I have been laying on the couch all day watching HGTV. DH is off today and working out in the backyard, so you know I'm not feeling good if I'm not out there helping him. It's a beautiful day also Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Jan it sounds like you girls had a successful shopping trip. Congrats on getting your flowers planted.

Scrapper I'm sure your dd had a fun time at the dance. Enjoy whats left of your weekend.

Cindy and Grateful I hope you girls are busy enjoying your weekend.

I'm going to go lay back down. I'll check back in tomorrow.
Unread 05-31-2009, 09:28 PM

Hello Ladies,

Well it sure was a beautiful day here today. This would be perfect weather for the day of the party, but we'll see how that ends up. I finished all the laundry and I got everything ready that I will need for the Jr High graduation. Tomorrow night we have to go to awards night for GD at the HS. Tues night is JR High grad then I have 2 more days of school left. Friday I will be getting things clean and ready for the party. At some point I will have to shop for soda, some more paper goods and chips. It is going to be a busy week.

Lisa I am glad you got into the dr. I hope you feel better in the morning. I knew when you stayed on the couch all day it wasn't good.

I hope you all had a great weekend. Good night.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register