2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 330 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 06-01-2009, 06:50 AM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Good morning ladies,

I can't believe I didn't post all weekend. Friday night went went to the kid's school play. It was really funny and cute. It was the best one we've had in awhile. Saturday dd woke up with a 103 temp. She stayed in bed all day and didn't eat anything the entire day. About 10:00 that night she threw up and said that made her feel better. Sunday morning she woke up and was totally fine. It must have been a 24 hr bug, thankfully. Sunday we didn't go to church because we went Thursday night. We all met some really good friends of our for lunch. We haven't seen them in quite some time. We had a nice lunch then ended up going over to their house. BDS and their youngest daughter are the same age and they spent a tremendous amount of time together when they were growing up, because we were always together. We didn't get home until 7:30. I needed to get to the grocery store over the weekend but that didn't happen. I'm not sure when I'll get there now. Today is my last hot lunch day. The kid's are so excited that Thursday is their last day of school.

Jan it sounds like you had a nice shopping trip with your girls. I would have been exhausted too. YDD would do well at the Mall of America. I'm glad to hear you got your flowers planted. That's one thing you can check off your list.

Lisa I'm sorry to hear about your kidney infection. I hope it clears up quickly. Take it easy.

Scrapper did dd enjoy the dance? How was the spring performance? I hope her solo went well, I know it did.

Grateful it will be nice for school to be out. My kids will all do swimming lessons. DD will do tennis, BDS will do a strength training course and LDS is doing a beginning tumbling/gymnastics class. LDS and DD will also be going to vacation bible school. (I think Jan ask me what the kid's would be doing as well) The pre-engineering course sounds like a good plan for your DS.

Have a good day everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2009, 06:37 AM

good morning ladies,

Last night I made breakfast for supper, the kid's played outside after dinner until it was time to get ready for bed. Today LDS and I are going to get groceries. Tonight is BDS's 8th grade banquet. I'm looking forward to it, it should be nice. My dryer was going out last Friday, so yesterday they came to deliver a new one. I had to leave to go to hot lunch while they were installing it. I came back and surprise, there is a big empty space where the dryer should be. I called the care taker and he said the dryer had a pull down door and wouldn't open because of the laundry room doors didn't give it enough room. So now they won't be back until Wednesday to bring another one. It's a pain, because I haven't been able to do laundry since Friday.

Well ladies, I off to start the day. I hope you all have a good one.
Unread 06-02-2009, 05:08 PM

HI ladies,

I posted earlier but my message didn't post because we were having internet connectivity problems. So I will try to remember what I wrote.

Dd enjoyed the dance at school friday evening...she was glad she went. The spring dance performance was very nice...lots of talent. Dd's solo was awesome..she did a great job, and dh and I are very proud of her. She's come a long way with her singing...she's gotten stronger. Dh couldn't believe that it was her singing.

Last night we went to her school choor awards banquet. It was very nice...good food, nice presentations of certificates and awards. It ran late and we had to take her best friend home. By the time we got home it was 10:45. I packed my breakfast and lunch and got to bed at 11:30. I'm sleepy today.

Mrswillie - glad you got the flowers planted...I know you are relieved that project is done. Your shopping trip sounds like it was a good time. Nice that you all found something. I meant to type IT not IY...slip of the fingers.

Lisa - glad you went to the doctor. Hope you begin to feel better soon.

Hyper - glad to hear the play went well. Sure happy that dd is much better and that it was only a 24 hr. bug. Sounds like overall you had a good weekend. The kids will have fun with their summer activities. I know they are happy school will be over in a few days. That is too bad about your dryer....it only delays getting laundry done.

Well have a good day...need to finish up things before I leave for the day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2009, 08:42 PM

Evening ladies! Today was a lot of running around and finally able to sit down for a minute. One of my good friends found a roadside guy that has watermelons so I went and got one and it was very good. I had gotten one earlier from Sam's and it wasn't very good. I have no idea how to pick one but this time I got lucky. DH was off today so we had lunch and hung out. Poor DS had the task of cleaning his entire room by 4:00. He got done at 3:45 and even managed to vacuum and dust. I was proud of him. Lord I wonder where he got all of that trash from. He even had 4 trash bags full of clothes he can no longer wear. I usually give them to my brothers kids, he has 5 boys so they can always use the extra clothes. I'll probably take them by their house tomorrow after I get back from the gym and showered. DS is/would be excited about moving. He's not like his dear momma, he doesn't get attached to anything and is ready to go at the drop of a hat. I pray if we move it is during the summer, so he can get settled before school starts. I'm excited about moving if that's God's plan for us. I recently joined facebook. Originally I was like nope, it's for kids but SO many of my friends were on there and we're all having such a great time. I saw on some news report that more women in their 40's are joining than any other age group. I have been able to connect with SO many old friends, especially from Junior high school. If any of you are on there, lemme know and I'll friend you! Plus, it's a good way to keep an eye on your kids!!
Lisa- soooooo sorry about the bladder infection, those are painful and annyoning. I hope you get some good meds and it clears up quickly. And yes, you must have not been feeling good to not be out in the yard. I'm going to hit mine tomorrow, it's supposed to be cooler out. gotta finish laying the mulch. Thank you for thinking of me, i truly appreciate it. sometimes you get in such a state you can't even connect with friends but I'm glad that stressful part of my life is over. I don't so much mind stress but just don't like it when it's MEAN but hey, life goes on .
Jan- your shopping trip sounded fun and yes, I would have been tired too. I have never been to the mall of americas and it's probably a good thing, especially since I'm on a budget. I pray I get a new job soon and if I do, I am going on a FUN trip. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in making sure there is money saved that I forget to enjoy life. So, ladies pray with me for a job so that I can take a ENJOY LIFE trip. Don't let me forget I said that either! LOL
Scrapper- congrats on DD's performance I bet it was good. I'm glad she enjoyed the dance.
Cindy- sorry about dd and the bug. I had to smile when she threw up and felt better b/c I thought- you know sometimes a good throw up probably would make you feel better. Anyway, good riddance to the bug. Sounds like your kids will be busy this summer. Mine needs a job but he's still too young, here's to him working next summer!
Oh, after I got home from the gym the other day I was so hot that I took a shower and put on a tank top and these teeny tiny shorts that okay, had but butt hanging out of it. But I figured who cares I'm home and not even gonna step on the porch. Well, silly me b/c DS came to me and said ummmm mom those shorts are very offensive to me, can you please take them off? LOL!!! Guess I should probably hit the gym 2 times a day huh???
Have a good evening and rest well ladies
Unread 06-03-2009, 06:31 AM

good morning ladies,

We went to BDS's 8th grade banquet last night. It was really nice. They served lasagna, salad and garlic bread and cake. It was really good. Their teacher gave them each a plant that came from a plant that he received 30 years ago that was given to him when he started his first teaching job. I thought that was really special. Pastor gave them all tshirts that had funny sayings on them that fit their personalities. It was a good evening. Tonight we actually have a free night. My dryer hasn't come yet. I'm hoping today, because the laundry is piling up.

Scrapper I'm glad that all your events went well. That is nice that dd has such a good singing voice. I always wished I could sing. When I sing along with the radio in the car, the kid's are always reminding me that I can't sing and please don't.

Grateful you made me laugh with your DS's comment about your shorts. It's amazing how much trash and junk kid's can accumulate in their room. I will keep you in my prayers that a job will come your way.

Lisa and Jan hope everything is o.k. with you.

Have a good day ladies.
Unread 06-03-2009, 03:30 PM

Today is so gloomy looking out...very grey and cloudy. Early this morning I woke up to the sound of thunder...it never rained. I peeked out the window this morning when I got up to see if it had rained but it was dry.

Grateful - congrats to BDS for tackling his room and even got through his clothes...awesome job. Your teeny shorts story was funny. Keeping you in my prayers that a job comes along.

Hyper - glad to hear that BDS's banquet was nice. do they have a graduation ceremony as well? Hope you got your dryer. I finally folded the whites last night as I was wathcing TV.

Lisa - hope you are feeling better.

Mrswillie - hope all is well....I know you're busy with the end of the school year and YDD's graduation.

We don't have anything going on tonight so that is good. I"making beef tacos for dinner.

Have a good rest of the day.
Unread 06-03-2009, 07:05 PM

I am feeling better, finally. It took a good two days of antibiotics before I noticed a change. I had to work on Monday, but I still wasn't feeling that good. Today was a much better day. The only problem I'm having now is with my knees. There are days I feel like I'm 100 years old. My knees have been bugging me since we did the work on the patio. It's getting really hard to kneel down and then stand back up. When I'm at work at have to work on my bottom cabinets, it's not a pretty sight to see me getting back up. Hopefully they will start doing better, otherwise I'm going to have to get it checked out. Just because I'm hitting the big 5-0 in a few months doesn't mean my body has to start falling apart on me.

DH is off today, so I only did one store and have been relaxing all afternoon. I went to Bath and Body Works when I got off work today. They're having a big sale and I want to do my part to make sure they stay in business I stocked up on the body spray in my scent, but they didn't have the shower gel or body lotion The gal said maybe on Friday. I sure hope so.

I have been marinating some chicken breasts and tonight dh will grill them. I'll make some rice pilaf and some fresh zucchini with parmesan cheese on top. Andrew gets off at 6:30 and will be by for dinner.

Cindy I hope that dryer has been installed by now. You bds banquet sounded really nice. What a neat idea with the plant. I hope your dd is still feeling better.

Scrapper congrats on her great solo performance. I'm like Cindy with the singing here. My boys will just roll their eyes when I make an attempt.

Grateful your ds did good getting his room in order. Those boys...Hopefully he'll keep it up. I was LOL about his comment about your shorts. As long as you're comfortable who cares?? I'll keep you in my prayers for the perfect job to come along for you.

Jan I'm sure you're super busy with all your plans for the week. Just remember that next week you'll be able to relax some and look back on this week and smile that it all turned out so great.

It is clouding up outside this afternoon. They are saying we will probably have thunder showers this evening. Tomorrow night is high school graduation here and hopefully it will clear up for that.

Have a restful evening, girls.
Unread 06-04-2009, 06:48 AM

Good morning ladies,

My dryer did not come. I kept calling our caretaker all day yesterday and got his answering machine. He finally called last night and told me it won't be delivered until Friday morning! I am going to be doing laundry all weekend. Yesterday was me and LDS's last full day together alone. I spent the day doing and playing whatever he wanted. It's sad for me to close this chapter, but I've been gearing myself up for it. I know he has to go to school and although it will be an adjustment for me next fall, it will be o.k. I made spaghetti for supper last night. Today the kid's have a half day. They are having a chapel service at 11:00 and giving out track and field day ribbons after. So I will go up for that. Tonight BDS has his graduation ceremony. Our church has a service on Thursday nights, and the graduation is at the end of the service. I can't believe tomorrow starts the first day of summer break. I'm going to put some frozen pizzas in for supper tonight.

Scrapper I hope your gloomy weather is gone today. It sounds like you had a quiet evening in store.

Lisa I'm glad that you are better, but sorry about your knees. It's a good idea to stock up when there's a sale. Of course you want to keep them business. Your dinner sounds good.

Jan I hope you are doing o.k. with getting ready for the party. You will need a break after this.

I hope you all have a good day.
Unread 06-04-2009, 11:29 AM

Good morning ladies,

It is another grey day here. We had such weird weather yesterday. There was thunder, lightening and some rain. Worse in different areas. I saw on the news that one lady died after being struck by lightening another died when a tree fell on her truck. So sad.

Tonight is dd's last choir practice for church and they sing on Sunday and that will complete another year. They have a field trip scheduled for June 25th. they are having a little party tonight...so dd wants to take cupcakes. She's going to make them when she gets home from school. I left everything on the counter for her. I have to stop at the market and get some sprinkles for her to decorate.

We are going to have breakfast for dinner...eggs, potatoes, etc. When I told dd last night she said "ooh that sounds good." So while she is at practice I will go to the gym to do my 30 minute workout. I've been doing pretty well and feel OK...no discomfort on my back or anything. I'm taking it slow.

Lisa - glad to hear that the antibiotics have kicked in and that you are feeling better. Hope your knees start to fel better as well. Wonder what is causing the achiness. I'll have to make it to the Bath & Body Works sale...I got a coupon in the mail.

Hyper - yeah -last day of school!! Looks like you can sleep in tomorrow. Have fun at BDS graduation cermeony tonight.

Well back to work...it has been so busy. First off though I'm going to go get some more coffee. Have a great day.
Unread 06-04-2009, 01:26 PM

Hi Girls!

I am sorry I have been absent this week, but packing up my room at school and all these last minute senior things and party prep is just too much to keep up with. I had last official day of school today. That is kind of misleading though becuase I already go back Tuesday for professional development! We hvae 80 days off from kids but we really don't get the whole summer off of work. At least in this district we don't. Anyhow I just wanted to let you all know I was alive and thinking of you all. We have guests getting here from Florida today so I won't have much time to post until next week. Keep your fingers crossed for dry weather. Talk to you all soon!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register