2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 332 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 06-10-2009, 06:28 PM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Hi ladies,

Today I washed all of the towels and tried to get the house in order before dd and I leave. Hopefully the boys won't make too much of a mess. Tomorrow is the last day of bible school, so while the kid's are gone I'm going to finish packing. When I pick the kids up we're going to go shopping. I have to get some groceries for the boys and some things for the trip. BDS and DH just left for a bike ride. They are wearing sweatshirts and sweatpants. Not typical for June. It has been so chilly here. I hope we get some warmth and sunshine soon. We had lemon and dill chicken for supper.

Jan we are going to be in cabins. Thank goodness, I'm not a camper and wouldn't be so enthused with tents. There are six cabins. There are only two bathrooms. Three cabins to a bathroom. I'm not so happy about that. But my friend said they each have 4 showers and several stalls, so it should be o.k. I hope you get your laundry caught up. You have a busy day tomorrow.

Scrapper I'm glad you had a nice birthday. The spa sounds lovely. That was a nice day for you. I'm glad. I bet DD will be glad when school is done. Will her summer school last all summer? Is it everyday. With only one class it shouldn't be too bad. It sounds like we're all having June gloom.

Lisa hope everything is o.k. on your end.

Have a nice evening everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2009, 06:51 PM

I am almost 11 months post surgery (TAH) and lately my scar has been hurting. Anyone else experiencing this? Why would it be tender now?
Unread 06-11-2009, 09:28 AM

Hello Ladies,

Yesterday was a l-o-o-o-ng day. I went to that workshop for work. I got home and we left for that visitation right at 3. It took us 3 1/2 hours to get there because of the traffic up North. The way home was much better. We got to bed about 11 and I was beat! We kept GD home today because we wanted to sleep in. Starting next week GD will only go 3 days a week until school starts again. Today we have to pick up a prescription and drive it out to YDD at camp. I have another bit of laundry to do but other than that today should be alot more relaxing. It is still cool and rainy her. You are right, June gloom is the perfect description!

Scarpper your spa day sounds so good. I could use that today.

Cindy I am glad you have cabins. They are easier to deal with. Also I don't know about in Minn but here we are just loaded with mosquitoes because of all this rain. Cabins are better for bug protection than tents as well. I hope you accomplish alot with the kids at bible camp.

Sundaecarmel my scar goes not hurt but, it itches alot. Daily really. I think it is in a bad spot because I am overweight and have a tummy pooch over it. My DH says it really itches because of something to do with nerve endings. Maybe that is why yours hurts? Is it all the time or just occasional twinges? If it is alot of pain or pretty regular I would ask your doctor about it.

Well, have a good day ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2009, 09:41 AM

MrsWillie...Thanks for responding. My incision is "tender" at times, but usually when one of my cats or my niece and nephew "pounce" on me. It does feel tender other times too, but nothing that's really painful...just tender. I think I'll call my doctor if it continues. Thanks for your advice
Unread 06-11-2009, 10:51 AM

Hi girls,

I'm still around It has been such a crazy busy week with work. I will be really glad when my coworker returns from her vacation next week. My house has really suffered this past week. The next two weeks will still be busy at work and then it will really slow down for the rest of the summer.

We have also been dealing with the June birthdays in our family. My niece had hers on Sunday and my MIL on Monday (the same as Scrappers). On Monday evening my BIL had us all over for a BBQ for my niece and MIL. Saturday is my Moms birthday and everyone is coming over here for a BBQ. I need to get organized for that.

Jan I'm going to check out your pictures this evening. I can't wait to see them. It sounds like you have been busy since the graduation also. I hope today you get to relax.

Cindy your camping sounds like fun. Hopefully the boys will keep up with the house while your away. Have fun

Scrapper we are having cooler weather also. It is in the low 80's and I am loving it. It has been great not having to run the AC. Happy belated birthday to you You and I are the same age until October. Your spa day sound great.

Grateful I hope everything is good with you and your family.

I need to get off of here and finish getting ready for work. I have been very lazy this morning and now I need to kick it in high gear.

Have a great day
Unread 06-11-2009, 11:08 AM

Hi ladies,

Today is dd's last day of school. She has her last 2 finals and will be out at noon. I know she is happy. Last night I was helping her study for the Spanish final. She has picked it up pretty well and is going to go on to Spanish 2 next year.

This evening dd and I are going to volunteer at church and work in the food pantry. Tonight the food is packaged for distribution to families on Saturday morning.

Tomorrow is my day off with dd. She has a dermatologist appt at 9am and then after that we are off to have some fun. I know for sure she wants to go shopping, we'll go to lunch and see what else she wants to do.

Yesterday after work I went to have my next x-ray on my back done. I can now schedule my appt to see the surgeon. At my last visit he wanted to see me in 3 months so it is that time. Being on the x-ray table was very difficult because it is so hard. The tech took about 5 or 6 pics. I had to turn from one side to the other and that is still hard for me to do. When he was all done, he had to help me get up from the table and as I was getting up I felt a pull from my hip area down my right side. I guess too much force was used to get up to a sitting position.

Hyper - dd's summer school session is for 6 weeks monday thru thursday from 7:30 to 12:50. Hope you get everything accomplished that you need to get done. What time do you leave tomorrow? Have a good time...I'm sure dd is excited.

Mrswillie - glad you were able to sleep in today after your long day yesterday. That is a nice schedule for GD. Is YDD's job at camp all summer? Enjoy your day today.

Sundaecarmel - I haven't experienc3ed much pain with my scar. Every now and then I will feel a twinge but that's all. check with your doctor so you can have some peace of mind.

Have a great day!
Unread 06-11-2009, 08:57 PM

Hi ladies,

Well I think I'm ready for the camping trip. We're all packed, I just have to load the van in the morning. Today was the last day of bible school. The kid's are singing a song in church this Sunday that they learned. DD and I won't be back, but DH will take LDS. I'll miss him singing, but they'll be many more times next year since he'll be in school. We are leaving at 8:30 in the morning and be back Sunday around 11:00.

Jan it sounds like a long day yesterday. We have had alot of rain, but fortunately no problems with mosquitos. I don't know how it will be there, it is about 50 miles from where we live. I have bug spray packed.

Scrapper I'm sure DD is glad to be out of school. I'm sorry the xray was hard on you. I can imagine with those tables. Will you find out the results when you see your surgeon? I hope you and dd have a nice day together tomorrow.

Lisa I bet you will be glad to have your co worker back. It's just added stress when you can't get to the house. I'm not expected too much from the boys as far as the house is concerned. I imagine I'll have cleaning and laundry to do when I get back.

I hope you all have a good weekend. I'll check in when I get back.
Unread 06-13-2009, 01:33 PM

afternoon ladies! I forgot to mention I was going out of town for a few days. My friend's daughter graduated and they celebrated for several days and since I'm not overly busy, I went. I booked a hotel room and stayed by myself and a blast, the alone time was great and much-needed. the parties were nice but something odd happened. my friend is so sweet and generous and had a million friends/family at her house. well, there have always been a group of us girls that hang together and several went off to one of the other girls house. long story short, while they were there, they procedeed to gossip about my friend and her daughter. worst part is one of them was my friends sister! one thing i realized is not everyone is kind and appreciative and can even be jealous. I almost talked with my friend about it but quickly realized the last thing I needed was to be in the middle of that mess. Anyway, other than that, it was a great trip.
Got up early this morning and went to several garage sales. I go on craigslist the night before and plot out my course. I get frustrated when I get to one and it's not what I thought it would be. I find the best are the neighborhood sales. I bought 2 really beautiful floor lamps and some of the stone coasters i've been meaning to pick up at the store. all for a great bargain of $11. as i type this, i realized i left the lamps in the car. I was going to get a loveseat for the end of my bed but DH's truck was on a flat. He is in NC attending his son's graduation from high school so I'd planned on high jacking his truck, no luck.

happy belated BD Scrapper!!Hopefully now you can get your back taken care of. I bet DD is glad to be out of school, enjoy your time together, it's so different with girls. I can't get my DS to go anywhere with me (can't be me can it?? LOL)

Cindy I hope you have fun on your camping trip. enjoy your time with DD.

Lisa- thanks for always thinking of me! once you get over the father's day and graduation hump, hopefully things will slow down. reminds me i need to get my FD card and gift card in the mail. i hope you're feeling better and got over your infection. you work WAY too hard but I know you'll get your house in order in no time. i hope you guys have fun at your bbq, i sure would love to be eating some right about now, this bananna doesn't compare!

Jan I hope you're well-rested after your long workshop and you get the meds delivered to DD. Hopefully you're having a relaxing weekend.

Now that DH is gone, I'm kinda bored so i may take myself to a movie, we'll see though. His ex didn't want me there (she has never even met me and has the nerve to dislike me! LOL) so I decided to forgo the drama. Jan, she is my Dumb A. Whatever happened between them has nothing to do with me. They were divorced 10 years before I ever came into the picture but she mistakenly projects her bitterness towards me. One thing she doesn't realize is i could be a great ally but...anyway, nuff rambling. It's about 90 outside and humid, maybe the mall is calling me! LOL
Enjoy your weekend ladies!
Unread 06-14-2009, 01:54 PM

Hi ladies,

I'm back. When I walked in I was smelly, exhausted and full of mosquito bites We did have a really good time. There's always a few downfalls to camping. The cots were awful, and the mosquito's were bad. Now the good things. We had a campfire and a hoedown with real square dance callers. We toured a general store form 1856. We made yarn dolls and went to a small beach. They kept us busy from morning until night. It was a good bonding experience for me and dd. The guys had a nice time together while we were gone and the best part is the house was clean!! LDS told me that daddy told them this morning that they all had to clean the house for me before I got home. That was really nice. All I have to do is all of the laundry from the weekend. I'll do that tomorrow, I'm pretty tired today. I took a shower and just plan on hanging out at home and getting to bed early. DD is really tired too. She'a a bit cranky. It will be an early night for her too.

Grateful I'm glad your party was nice. I don't get in to gossip especially among friends. In my group of friends that goes on occasionally and I stay out of it. I love going to garage sales. You can find some good things.

Well I'm off to relax! I hope you're all having a good weekend.
Unread 06-14-2009, 09:48 PM

Hi girls

This weekend has flown by. Tomorrow it all starts over again. My coworker returns on Tuesday and I am going to help her for a few hours on Tuesday at her store and then I can just worry about my stores the rest of the week.

This afternoon dh and I went to a bbq over at his old managers house. They have an annual bbq and we have always gone. His old manager called dh up last week and invited us. DH enjoyed visiting with his old employees. It was a relaxing afternoon. I didn't have to cook tonight, so that made it even better On the way home we stopped by my inlaws to check up on FIL. He had surgery on Friday on his shoulder. He is doing all right.

Cindy it sounds like your trip was fun besides the mosquito bites. I'm sure you'll sleep very well tonight in your own bed. High five to the guys for cleaning the house before your return.

Scrapper I hope you and dd had a fun day on Friday. I'm sure you did. Sorry your xray was so uncomfortable.

Grateful it sounds like you had a nice time at the graduation party. Other than the gossipy part. Why do women do that? You got some good bargains today at the sales. Too bad about that flat tire.

Jan I looked at your pictures of dd graduation and they were great. Thanks for sharing them. I like your hair color. It looks like our hair is about the same length now.

Last night everyone came over for my moms birthday dinner. We bbq'd beef kabobs. DH went out to start the bbq and put the kabobs on and then realized that they weren't cooking. He ran and bought more propane and still no flame. By now the rice is almost cooked and everything else is ready. I called the next door neighbor and they said we could use their bbq. DH goes and brings it over and we can't get it in the back without moving all the cars. We ended up cooking on the driveway on the side of the house. My boys were having a fit. They said we looked like to oakies on the street cooking out front. We did go out back though to eat, so I guess we weren't that bad.

I'm going to send some pictures out to you girls. Grateful I don't think I have your email, so if you want to see them just let me know and I'll gladly pass them on. I downloaded a bunch from the camera onto the computer today, so I'll pass them on.

I need to go do doggie duty and then relax some before the week starts all over again.

Sleep well girls

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register