2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 336 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 06-28-2009, 09:19 PM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Hi ladies,

We've had a good weekend. Friday night we grilled hamburgers and hot dogs. We sat outside until the mosquitos came. Saturday I cleaned and did laundry and then dh and I went to the wedding. It was nice and the food was good. Today we ran a few errands, we were going to grill but it was so windy dh didn't know if he could get the fire going, so we ate out. That was fine with me. I didn't have to cook all weekend. I'm going to read for a bit then head to bed.

Jan it sounds like you had a nice day to yourself yesterday. You got alot accomplished. It's nice that you were able to get your chores done and have some time for yourself. It sounds like your new hair color is perfect for you. I hope your gal is able to give you the same color when you're ready for a touch up.

Lisa I'm sorry, but you had me laughing with your opposum story. I can just imagine little you trying to bag up that thing. You are braver than me, I would have left it for my DH. You are having some hot weather!

Sleep well ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2009, 07:19 PM

Today was cooler than expected. It was only 106. Woo Hoo!!! I am ready for this hot weather to move on. My AC has run non stop for days now.

We have been opossum free the past two mornings Maybe they're finally catching on about our yard. Tomorrow night is garbage night and I can't wait to put that garbage can out on the curb. It is smelling really nice in this hot weather.

I only did one store today. DH is off today and tomorrow, so I'm not working much these 2 days. I had my 6 month dental cleaning this afternoon and I don't have to go back for another 6 months

Cindy it sounds like you had a nice weekend. Any time you don't have to cook is a good day

I need to finish up with dinner and then I plan on spending the evening relaxing. Hopefully something good will be on TV tonight.
Unread 06-30-2009, 08:34 AM

Hi Ladies,

It is disappointingly cool here again. It is hard to believe it is 60 here and 106 at Lisa's house! Too bad we couldn't share a little and we all could be happy. Yesterday I stuck around the house. I made chicken and vegetables for dinner and I played with GD. DH started on the project. YDD's room and the upstairs bath butt up against each other. DH is going to redo both rooms. That is a good thing. I have been waiting 16 years for it! The bad thing is he works really slow. So far he only has her room torn up. He literally tore the walls off down to the studs. It will be bad when he has the bathroom tore up. I am hoping he won't start that until after vacation but we will see. Normally, he has never done more than one room at a time, but since they share a common wall and that wall encloses the pipes he is going to do them both together. This should be interesting.

Today ODD is going to come pick up GD at noon and I am going to meet a friend for lunch. It will be good to get out and visit even though it is cold. I made enough chicken for leftovers so unless DH gets a different idea I plan on having that for dinner tonight.

Here is my frustration. Since school ended I have been really careful to watch what I have been eating and walk for 60 minutes a day. Still no weight budges. I do not understand what I should be doing. This time even DH felt bad and said he could understand my frustration. He saw how careful I have been with the food this past month. I am starting to wonder if my friend is right and maybe the estrogen does have something to do with it. I am about ready to stop for a month and see what happens. I have to admit I am afraid of all the other symptoms coming back if I stop. The whole thing is a pain. Have you all heard about this or have any ideas??

Well ladies, I need to get moving with my day. Have a great one!! TTYS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2009, 08:35 AM

Good morning ladies,

We had a good weekend. Saturday morning I went to the gym and to the farmer's market..I got some veggies, strawberries and flowers. Dd and I baked 2 cakes to take for my dad's bday bbq. The bbq turned out really nice...yummy food!!! My nepehws came over too so it was good seeing them. My dad was very happy having all his grandchildren and great granchild there. It was a very pleasant afternoon/evening. WE didn't leave until after 9pm. Sunday after church I left to go pick up my best friend and we headed out for our day at the spa. This spa is outdoors surrounded by lovely gardens and hills...you really feel like you are away on vacation. We layed out and caught up with what's happening in our lives. Our massage was awesome...we felt so relaxed. We so needed that!!!!! After I dropped her off I went to meet dh and dd at the bowling alley. It was the end of the year field trip for the children's choir from church. The kids had a great time...dh got to bowl as well. I couldn't because of my back...too soon to carry a bowling ball and be twisting.

Work is still busy for me. It will be like this for another couple of weeks. Today I have to leave about 15 minutes early for dd's dentist appt. This is her 6 month check up and cleaning. We are having pork chops, veggies and potatoes for dinner.

Mrswillie - love your car...it is a nice color and in such great shape...enjoy it!!! Your Sunday sounded like a great productive day. Glad to hear that YDD is hanging in with her camp job. Dd said the same thing about the coverage on the passing of Farrah.

Hyper - nice shopping trip that you and dd had. I'm sure her haircut looks adorable on her and probably easier to manage.

Lisa - We hit triple digits too over the weekend. That Sunny seems to be cleaning up and protecting your yard. Yur story about cleaning up the opposum had me laughing because that would be me too..screaming and jumping around.

Well ladies back to work...have a great day and stay cool.
Unread 06-30-2009, 11:12 AM

Hi ladies,

It's only 57 here. Seems like me and Jan are having the cooler weather. I agree it would be nice to split up the temps and we could all have perfect weather. Yesterday we didn't do much. I ran a few errands in town and later the kid's played outside. I made spaghetti for supper. LDS and dd have decided to start a rock collection. They went out this morning to collect their rocks. Then I had to look at all of them. After the 20th rock they all started looking the same! LOL I am catching up on my laundry today. I have leftover spaghetti for supper.

Lisa I'm glad you've been opposum free. I feel bad for your hot weather. I like it to be hot in the summer, but not that much. It sounds like you'll have an easy couple of days workwise.

Jan your dh sounds like mine. Mine will start a project and take forever to finish it. Instead of blocking off time to work on it, he'll just do it whenever. It sure does sound like your doing all the right things to shed weight. I know that has to be discouraging. But I would keep it up, because it is good for your health. Every since the hyster, I have a problem with my tummy. It is way larger than it used to be. I do sit ups every day, but same thing, it hasn't helped.

Scrapper your weekend sounds great. I'm glad your dad had a nice birthday bbq. Your spa day sounds wonderful. It sounds like the bowling was a nice end of the year event.

I hope you all have a nice day.
Unread 06-30-2009, 02:44 PM

Hi All, Lunch was great. Wwe went Mexican, yum. Well, Cindy you may not realize it but you are just as wise as an M.D. I called for a medical opinion and was told basically what you told me. That metabolism slows down after menopause. Some weight gain is not uncommon. Supposedly, studies say estrogen does not add more weight than women in menopause that don't take estrogen. To keep what I am doing as it is good for my overall health. Do not worry about weight it is just a number, embrace myself as I am, etc. Only suggestions of additional things I could try are keep a food journal and add some upper body weightlifting. Dh thinks the food journal is a waste since he has been witness to what I have been eating for a month and thinks I should not realistically cut more. I don't know if I really want to bother with the weights we'll see. The dr's office didn't really give me much hope alot would change either way so I think I just need to try to stop thinking about it. It is hard to believe in some ways though because I see plenty of gals around here well into their 50's that are quite slim. It does make me wonder. Well anyhow, thank you once again for listening and for giving great advice.
Unread 07-01-2009, 09:28 PM

Hi ladies,

Today the kids and I went and got a few groceries and made a target run. I saw three friends at the grocer. LDS lost his top front tooth today. He's so excited for the tooth fairy to come. He already lost his two bottom front awhile back. I just put the younger ones to bed at 10. I let them stay up later because they were enjoying the evening with us. DH is off work now until Monday.

Jan, your welcome. I know the doctor's advice was not what you wanted to hear. But honestly, I've seen alot of pictures of you and have never once thought you needed to lose weight. I think you look great. And the changes you've made will benefit your overall health. But I do understand how you feel.

I hope you all have a restful sleep.
Unread 07-02-2009, 10:36 AM

Hi ladies,

Things are going well here...just really busy with work. I'm glad we have a 3 day weekend. I'm really tired.

Tomorrow dd wants to go shopping in downtown Los Angeles again. So we will do that around mid-morning. Not quite sure what we are going to do on the 4th. Our community has an annual parade in the morning so we will go to that. Probably bbq and see what else. Dd also wants to go to the movies so maybe tomorrow evening we will go.
I'm hoping it will be a relaxing weekend. Weather is supposed to cooperate as well...high 80's to low 90's.

Mrswillie - sounds like a nice lunch out with your friend. The project sounds like lots of work but in the end it will look very nice. I would be so frustrated if I was doing the right thing to help lose weight and nothing would budge on the scale. I would just continue doing what you are doing. I go to weight watchers to help me out. Now that I'm back at the gym...I'm feeling better and getting healthy again.

Hyper - that's funny about the rocks. I'm sure you are enjoying your days of leisure. I'm looking forward to sleeping in this weekend.

Have a good day.
Unread 07-02-2009, 11:04 PM

I am so glad that tomorrow is Friday. I had planned on another 3 day weekend, but thats not going to happen this week. I thought I was going to have a very easy, short week at work, but that has not been the case. In the mail on Monday we received a packet of extra stuff that needs to be done at the Target stores. It's with another card company that has cards in target, but we have to do the work. I finished about 1/2 of it on Wednesday and have about another 3-4 hours to go tomorrow. They want it completed by the 3rd. It sure would have been nice to have some more advanced notice than the 4 days we were given. Then at one of my other accounts, I received a revision that took 4 hours of my time today that I hadn't planned on doing. Hopefully next week will be easier.

Today was Matthews birthday and we went out to dinner tonight at Strings. It was really yummy. We came back home and had apple pie (his favorite) and vanilla ice cream. I have survived another year of birthdays for my guys. Three birthdays in 9 days is exhausting for me.

DH has to work all weekend and I am looking forward to relaxing some. I have my house to get back in order, but other than that I don't have anything planned.

The past couple of days have cooled off some. We have only hit 99 By Monday they are saying low 90's. That will be really nice.

Jan I understand exactly what you are saying about the weight thing. I am at my highest weight right now besides when I was pregnant and I hate it. It seems like it has gradually crept on in the last year. I keep blaming it on the estrogen. My whole life I have been able to eat anything and everything and not worry about gaining any weight. I really need to start eating better. I know that, but I just don't want to do it. It sounds like you are doing everything right. I guess it's just another stage of our lives that we have to accept and not worry about it. I have an appt on the 22nd for my annual and I am going to bring it up with my Dr. and see what he has to say. I'm glad you had a nice lunch out and mexican is my favorite. It sounds like your dh has been busy with the upstairs. I hate going through a project, but it is so nice when you see the finished product.

Cindy thats cute about the rock collection. It's nice when they're able to keep themselves occupied. How cute about your lds losing his top tooth. I love those toothless grins.

Scrapper your spa day sounded wonderful. How relaxing. Have fun shopping tomorrow with dd.

Grateful where are you?????????

I'm going to go in and get ready for bed. Tomorrow is another day...
Unread 07-03-2009, 09:13 AM

Hi Ladies,

Thanks to you all for support on the weight issues. Lisa I will be interested to hear what your MD says about the estrogen. Mine was pretty firm citing studies that that was not the reason. I don't know the exact trigger, but somehow it is definitely linked to menopause.

Yesterday was again spent focusing on GD. I took her to McDonalds for lunch, then the library, and then to the grocery store. We came home and had dinner and then played until her bedtime. We read the whole time at the library and then she checked out 5 library books so we could read more at home. Boy, was I ready for her bedtime! DH took her to daycare this morning. He is getting a plumbing estimate this morning for a little bit of work on the stack that he doesn't feel comfortable doing. He is going to start the electrical in YDD's room today. I have to run to WalMart for some stuff and then I have to clean this house. I will try and get as much as I can done by the tiem GD comes home. We are going to have steak for dinner.

Cindy the rock collection is cute. I wish YDD's stuff was in order she used to collect rocks when she was little. She still has her collection. I was going to take a photo for you but I can't find it right now. I hope he enjoyed his visit from the tooth fairy.

Scrapper shopping and a movie sounds like alot of fun. Enjoy your long weekend.

Lisa I am glad you are finally having a tiny break from that heat! Wow they sure have had you swamped at work lately. I hope it lets up real soon. Sounds like another nice birthday for you guys. We have 2 biggies in August. Ydd-18 and DS-21. We have 2 nephews in August too but they are not special numbers this year.

Well I better get out of my bathrobe. TTYS!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register