2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 337 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 07-03-2009, 11:32 AM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Hi ladies,

Yesterday was a decent day weather wise. DH took DD out for their daddy daughter day. He took her to get a manicure. I was a little disappointed. It was her first mani and I wanted to be the one to take her. I guess I should have done it sooner. I'm over it though. She really enjoyed it. We spent time sitting outside when they got back. Today I'm doing laundry and lds and dd are cleaning the downstairs. Can you believe, they ask me if they could! DH went out for a bike ride. I guess I never told you, but he is a serious fitness rider. He rides 20 to 30 miles each time he goes out. I'm not sure what we'll do when he gets back. We might grill. It's overcast and might rain later, so we'll have to play it by ear.

Scrapper I hope you and dd have a fun day shopping and seeing a movie. The parade sounds like a fun idea for the 4th.

Lisa I'm sorry work has been so busy. It sounds like you might at least get to start your weekend early. Happy birthday to Matthew. It sounds like you had a nice birthday celebration.

Jan that was a lot of reading! It sounds like she had a full day. Wow two milestone birthdays in one month. Our birthdays are all spread out except ODS and my birthday are two weeks apart. If you find YDD's rock collection you'll have to send me a picture.

I hope you all enjoy your day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2009, 10:51 PM

Happy 4th of July

Right now it sounds like a war is going on outside. We have the dogs inside with us. They do not do well with all the booms at all. Belle has an especially hard time with this time of the year. Right now we have the TV on loud and the AC going, so they can't hear whats going on outside. I can hear all kinds of illegal stuff going off. The fine for anything illegal is $1,250 and they still do it. I'll be glad when it's all over for another year.

Today I had a very lazy day. I had big plans, but didn't get anything accomplished that I wanted to. Theres always tomorrow. Tomorrow I am going to get my hair trimmed. I saw the gal that does my hair yesterday while I was working at Target and she said she would be there on Sunday. I need just a little cut off of the ends.

Andrew came over today and we ran to Target and I bought a workout DVD. I did the easiest level tonight and it was really difficult for me. I probably will be very sore tomorrow. I am so out of shape. I hope that as each day goes on that it will get easier. I just hope that I'll be able to do it again tomorrow.

Jan it sounds like you and gd had a very nice time together the other day. It sounds like the bedroom project is coming right along. Hopefully the plumbing estimate won't be too bad.

Cindy how lucky for you that your kids want to jump right in and help clean. I'm sure your dd really did enjoy her day with Dad and her manicure.

We were still hot today but they are saying cooler weather is on the way. Low 90's will feel really good.

I need to get back in the living room with the dogs and dh. It's going to be a long night around here.
Unread 07-05-2009, 08:03 AM

Hello ladies,

I am not a happy camper. GD has passed me the crud which has settled in the chest. Just what I need before Florida. Yesterday while GD was gone I gave myself a pedicure and then I mostly hung out with DH and took it easy. I baked brownies and DH grilled. YDD came home last evening and had a bunch of friends over. ODD came to put GD to bed after she got home.

Dumb A has really been working on her lately. She comes home saying something new every time. Last time she said Daddy keeps asking her wouldn't she rather live with him all the time instead of staying with Grandma and Grandpa all the time? When she tells him she likes to play with Mom he says no you don't. Last night she said to ODD my Dad said Grandma is not better than him he is better than her. ODD said Why did he say that? and GD said I don't know. Then ODD said both Dad and Gram are good. Then GD said Dad said he hopes you fall out of the plane Mom and into the lake. He really is a Dumb A. I don't even have to tell you all what I wish would happen to him. When she goes at the end of the month to spend a week with him I can't imagine what she will come home saying!

Today I have to do laundry so tomorrow we can pack. We leave Tuesday. I am really looking forward to going I just wish I felt better. Whenever I get something in my chest it takes forever to go away. DH is going to grill again.

Lisa our dog was not happy last night either. We live very close to the park where they do the big fireworks show so she gets the illegal and the legal and she doesn't like any of it. I am glad it is over for all of them.

I hope all you girls are having a good weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2009, 07:45 PM

Hi ladies,

We've had a good weekend. Friday night we grilled steaks. Yesterday some friends of ours from church invited us to their 4th of July party. We had a really good time. Alot of our friends were there and there were tons of kids for our kids to play with. The food was good. We played croquette. I hadn't played that since I was a teenager. It was fun. Today we ran out and got some chicken to put on the grill. We sat outside until it was time to eat. We are planning on relaxing the rest of the evening.

Lisa people do alot of illegal stuff here too. Our friends had a few legal fireworks to do for the kids. I hope your trim went well today. I would be sore too, but I'm sure after a few days of doing your video you'll be over the sore stage. But they stay no pain no gain. So if you're sore, that means it's working.

Jan I'm so sorry you've got the crud. Especially right before vacation. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will be gone before you leave for your trip. I'm sure you'll be busy getting things ready. That is so horrible the things that dumb a says to gd. But it sounds like ODD handled it well. It's a shame he has to be that way.

Have a good evening ladies.
Unread 07-06-2009, 09:03 AM

Good morning ladies,

Sounds like everyone had a good weekend. Us too....I slept in all 3 days and it sure felt great!!!!

Our plans changed on Friday as dd was invited to go to the beach with a friend. The grandma was taking them. They picked her up around noon and got back at 7:30. She said they had a good time but that the water was freezing. So while she was gone I went to the market and Target. I picked up a roasted chicken at the market for dinner and I just made some sides. In the evening we went to one of the local high schools that was having a fireworks show..it was nice.

On Saturday morning we all went t the parade...it was nice. Dd's school was in it and she saw lots of her friends. After it was over we went home for a little while. Then dd and I went off to our shopping. It was very crowded and hot. I didn't expect that many people because of the holiday. We came home with sunglasses, and dd got a pair of sandals. On the way home we stopped at the mall and had lunch and did a bit more shopping. In the evening we grilled burgers and then went to another firework show. Our poor dogs were going nuts...one more than the other.

Traffic was really light this morning...people must have taken an extra day off. We are going to be in the low 90's for the next couple of days. I'm making beef tacos for dinner.

Lisa - hope this is a better work week for you. glad you survived the bdays of the men in your life. Apple pie and vanilla ice cream - yummy!!!! The more you do the workout the easier it will get. Don't get discouraged.

Mrswillie - you had a busy day with GD on your outing last week to McDonalds and the library. How exciting your trip is here already...wishing you all a wonderful time. Hope you feel better too!!! Dumb A is just that...how immature of him.

Hyper - wow...your dh does take his riding serious. That is good though. Im sure dd enjoyed her manicure. Sounds like the party at your friends was nice.

Well got to get back to work. It is kind of a sad day people in our division have received their letters. these are the people that were cut due to budget cuts. So my co-wokers last day is Aug. 14th. She is being re-assigned to another location.

Have a great day.
Unread 07-06-2009, 11:06 AM

Hi Girls,

I am feeling somewhat better today, but I went to the dr and got some antibiotics this morning anyway. I don't want to be so far from home feeling miserable.

In just a bit I am going to make some salads for lunch and then I will begin packing. DH brought the cases up from the basement so I just have to fill mine and GD's. She is excited. She wanted to leave this morning. We told her one more day of school and then we go tomorrow. It seemed to satisfy her. Tonight I am going to make breakfast for dinner.

Glad you girls had such a nice weekend. All the things you did sound fun. You are right about Dumb A he is just that. His behavior is mmature and he is old enough that maturity is probably never going to happen for him. Too bad he will always probably be a dumb a. Scrapper I feel bad for your coworkers. I hope they all find something really soon.

Well ladies I have lots to do so I better get going. I f I have a chance I will check in. Until next time, take care.
Unread 07-06-2009, 09:47 PM

Just when I get my hopes up for an easy week something always comes up. I was so excited for this week, as I had a very light schedule with under 10 hours to work. This morning I received a phone call from my coworker and she fell last night and broke her thumb. She went to the ER and then today to the orthopedic Dr. He had to reset it and then put her in a cast up to her elbow. I went and did her Target this afternoon and it looks like she will need my help for the 6 weeks she has the cast on.

Bathroom demolition began today. DH is off for 4 days and we decided today was a good day to begin. He got a lot done today. He got the wallpaper down and the bathtub out of the house. The tub was cast iron and weighed a ton. I still don't know how him and Matthew were able to get it out. He will work on it again Wednesday and hopefully got further along on the project.

Tomorrow is our 30th anniversary and we are heading out in the morning for Monterey and Carmel. We'll have lunch on the wharf and just enjoy the cooler weather. I'm looking forward to a relaxing day.

I didn't do my exercise this morning, but plan on doing it before I go to bed tonight. Yesterday wasn't any easier than the first day. I sure hope it gets easier. I'm not going to give up though. I am really sore, so I guess it's doing something.

Jan I hope you have and wonderful trip to Florida. I hope those antibiotics kick in and you are able to feel good for your trip. Thats too bad about dumb a and his comments. If you need any assistance just holler and I'll round up the posse. Have a great time and forget about him for your trip.

Cindy it sounds like you and your family had a nice relaxing weekend. I haven't played croquet in years.

Scrapper you had a nice weekend also. Your shopping trip sounded fun, even with all the crowds. We are also going to be in the low 90's for a few days. I need to dig out the sweatshirts for our trip tomorrow. Hopefully it will be sunny in Monterey.

I need to go do my evening doggie duty and then my workout.

Have a relaxing evening, girls
Unread 07-07-2009, 11:30 AM

Hi ladies,

It was a pretty quiet day yesterday. I ran a quick errand in town. The kids played outside. We had leftover bbq chicken for supper. After supper, dh put dd and lds in the bike trailer and took them to dairy queen. Today dd is having her friend sleep over. We're picking her up at 3:00. DD is driving me crazy with impatience. I'll have to keep lds busy because he likes to follow them around and those girls don't want him around. I'm going to order pizza for supper.

Jan I'm glad you're feeling a little better. It was a good idea to get an antibiotic. You are going to have fun. I can't wait to hear about it when you get back. Of course we'll have to see pictures!

Scrapper your weekend sounds nice. How fun for dd to get to go to the beach. The parade sounds like it was nice. I love parades. That is sad about people getting their letters at work. But it sounds like your co-worker still has a job at least.

Lisa I'm sorry to hear work is still crazy. Happy anniversary to you and dh. It sounds like you have a really nice day planned. Have a great time.

Have a good day ladies.
Unread 07-07-2009, 01:07 PM

Hi,

The Michael Jackson mermorial service is being held in downtown Los Angeles today. I work downtown but the location of the service is about 2 to 3 miles from our office. His motorcade went by our office buidling as the freeway runs in front of our building. I will have to catch the coverage on the news today.

Dd and I are going to the park this evening. A series of Concerts in the Park starts today. I'm going to pick up sandwiches from Subway so we can have dinner at the park.

It has been a busy day but sure has made my day go by quickly. I'm going to go warm my lunch up shortly as I'm getting hungry.

Lisa - happy anniversary to you and your dh. Enjoy your day in Monterey/Carmel...sounds lovely. Enjoy the cooler weather too!!!! Sorry about your co-worker and the extra work you'll have to do. That's exciting that the bathroom project has begun. You'll have to do before and after pics.

Hper - I know dd is so excited about her sleepover with her friend. They'll have a great time. Yes, lds will want to follow them around. That was a nice treat going to dairy queen in the bike trailer.

Have a great day!
Unread 07-09-2009, 11:33 AM

Hello ladies,

This morning is nice and quiet...phones aren't super busy, my boss will be coming in later due to an appt, and my co-worker had a doctor appt this morning. So it's been nice catching up on my work.

Yesterday dd had a dentist appt. At her 6 month checkup a tooth in the back had an old filling that was cracked and the tooth also had a cavity. So they did all that work. They were done in 45 minutes. So after that we walked through the farmer's market. I bought some nectarines, dd got some bracelets she's been wanting, and ordered a name plate for her...very cute made out of wooden letters. It will be ready next week. I'll have to share a picture when I get it.

We had bbq chicken breasts with baked potatoes & veggies for dinner. We just relaxed and watched TV. Dd worked on her homework.

The concert in the park Tuesday night was really good. It was mariachi music and the group was all women...awesome!!! They were funny too. It was a great crowd and we saw & recognized many people from the community. Dd even saw some of her friends.

Hyper - how did the sleepover go?

Lisa - how was your day in Monterey/Carmel?

Hope Jan and family are having a great time and that the weather is cooperating.

Have a great day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register