2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 34 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 10-22-2007, 08:20 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

I have another surgery scheduled for next Monday, Oct 29 for my blossom problem that I've mentioned earlier. I am devastated about this, on top of excruciating pain. I saw the gen. surgeon on Friday, and saw him again today b/c my pain got so much worse. He says I now have a fissure, or rip in the tissue there. I cried for hours this morning from the pain and frustration. My mom is gone, and she was such an angel after my hyster 2 weeks ago. I don't know how I am going to get thru this. I've appreciated all of the nice words and encouragement from you sisters. If you are a prayer, please, please, please pray for a quick recovery that happens before Monday so that I can cancel the surgery. Thankyou in advance. M
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2007, 10:45 PM

Idahonurse – (((HUGS))) I am so sorry and my hopes and prayers are with you. Hang in there.
Unread 10-22-2007, 11:02 PM
c-section and hysterectomy

I had a scheduled c-section for my first child (and now last) on oct 4th.
About an hour and a half into the C-section they put me under general and I woke up and my husband told me I had a hysterectomy (that took a few more hours)
Not one person (doctor or nurse) told me anything about having a hysterectomy - how to recover or what it means to me.
I had to look up online to now I was not going to have periods, etc.
It's sad and frustrating to me and difficult to care for a newborn.
I feel weepy.
Does this have to do with having a hysterectomy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2007, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukipup
It depends. Both my gyn and my PCP said low dosages of HRT including estrogen would be good for me but it turned out they found endometrial cancer so the plan for using HRT is out of the window, I have to go cold turkey, or should I say hot, sweaty, emotional turkey.
From one hot, sweaty, emotional turkey to another - I know exactly how you feel!
Unread 10-23-2007, 04:00 AM

My prayers are with you, idahonurse
Unread 10-23-2007, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca_d
I had a scheduled c-section for my first child (and now last) on oct 4th.
About an hour and a half into the C-section they put me under general and I woke up and my husband told me I had a hysterectomy (that took a few more hours)
Not one person (doctor or nurse) told me anything about having a hysterectomy - how to recover or what it means to me.
I had to look up online to now I was not going to have periods, etc.
It's sad and frustrating to me and difficult to care for a newborn.
I feel weepy.
Does this have to do with having a hysterectomy?
Becca-d my heart goes aout to you. In my opinion you should speak to your Doctor if not find a new one. Your sadness could be due to both the hysterectomy and post partum blues. It's quite a critical time for you. I would even suggest speaking to a therapist. believe me talking to a total stranger really helps b/c they are not there to judge you but to help you feel better about yourself and help you thru this difficult time.
I hope that in the end you did find out the reasons why the hysterectomy had to take place as an Emergency. If it had to do with your life or your child's life then let's count the blessings if not then I'd try to find some answers QUICK!
God Bless! We are all here with you.
Unread 10-23-2007, 06:50 AM

Idahonurse

You certainly don't need these things one on top of another.

We're thinking of you and hoping for the best.
Unread 10-23-2007, 06:53 AM

Oh, becca-d, I have absolutely no idea what to say to you. I'm at a loss. You poor thing.

I do agree with BVPOK when she says to talk with your doctor or find one who will talk with you.

Good luck to you. My thoughts are with you.
Unread 10-23-2007, 07:54 AM

Good Morning Ladies!

idahonurse, I'm so sorry that you are stuggling right now. I hope that things have improved so you don't need the added surgery.

becca-d, there must have been some emergency related to your health that lead to an emergency hysterectomy. And, I empathize with your position of having to deal with a little one and also dealing with the changes in your body. Perhaps you can seek the advice of you dr. Is there someone professional you can speak with to find out answers?

I'm feeling pretty good today. A little sore. I was able to watch the guys from work come over and work in my yard yesterday. It was nice to see them out of uniform, dirt on their hands, jeans, muscles, flexing, aaaaahhhhhh! Sorry....lost it for a moment there! hahaha! I'm having flashbacks!

Hope everyone is having a great and comfortable morning!

Pam
Unread 10-23-2007, 07:59 AM
Bladder Problem

Had a TVH october 4th, the only good the dr. found in urodynamic testing was that my bladder was AOK and I
did not experience incontinence. Since my surgery, I have
been experiencing incontinence!!!!! What the heck, I never had that problem before. Is anyone experiencing this problem, I am hoping it is because everything is healing.

Please respond, I am keeping my fingers crossed!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register