2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 345 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 08-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Hi Ladies,

30 minutes until we see GD!! We can't wait! YDD went with her friends to a water park. We are going to cook out for her birthday tonight. We are having steak, corn on the cob, paremsan noodles, and her favorite pumpkin pie. Tomorrow we will leave for Wisconisn and we will be back Sunday night.

Cindy isn't this weather great!! I am sure you are going to great at work. I bet LDS looks adorable. Enjoy your days off.

Scrapper I am glad they increased Max's insulin. Your trip sounds wonderful and I know you are excited. I would be too! YDD knows about the tickets. She is excited. She wants to paint her walls a medium purple and then have pink and green accents. I think she is going to use the comforter she already has which is white with pink and purple polka dots. She will be getting lots of other new stuff though. Have a great trip!

Lisa I hope your day is going well.

Have a great weekend ladies!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2009, 08:54 AM

Good morning ladies,

It's pouring rain and chilly here this morning. It's a good day to snuggle up and stay indoors. I have a ton of things to work on in the house, but I just can't get motivated. I'll probably go through some more things to day. This weekend DH and I are going to go through the garage and get rid of some things. Two of our friends have boxes they kept from when they moved and are going to let us have them. That was really nice. Yesterday we went and got groceries and had lunch. DH and bds when to slots last night. Tonight I'm making sweet and sour chicken for supper.

Scrapper the kid's haven't seen the house yet. We have an appt. for next week for them to see it. They are excited. I'm glad they increased Max's insulin, I hope that works for him. Have a great time on your vacation. It sounds like you are all going to have a nice relaxing time. I'll look forward to hearing from you when you get back.

Jan I bet it was great to see GD! I'm sure she had lots to tell you. Your birthday dinner for YDD sounds really good. I hope she had a nice birthday. Have a nice time on your weekend away with dh.

Lisa I guess it's just you and me this weekend.

Have a great day ladies.
Unread 08-09-2009, 09:43 AM

Good morning

It has been a rainy weekend so far. Yesterday we relaxed and spent time together during the day. We went out for dinner last night then we went to IKEA to look for things for our new house. We have some ideas of what we want to buy, but we won't do that until it's almost time to move. LDS needs a new bedroom set. We found a really cute one and he really liked it. We'll get it when it's time to move and get rid of what he has now. Today dh and I are going to go through the garage and clean out what we don't want to take. There are things stored in there that we haven't used to whole time we've been here. All of my kids are still sleeping! When we got back last night we let them stay up later than they're used to. Well I mean lds and dd. BDS usually stays up late and sleeps late anyway, but it's the other two never sleep this late. I'd better get going, we need to start on the garage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2009, 12:30 PM

I've been dog sitting this weekend and I haven't had time to do anything between the dog and the cats. Andrew went camping with some friends and I volunteered to watch his pug. She is a handful. She will be going home this afternoon and hopefully I can get something accomplished after that. I finally let the mama cat outside on Friday to make things easier inside with the other cats and she wants back inside. I have let her back in the past 2 nights to sleep in the bedroom with the kitten. Shhhh, don't tell dh. He thinks she has stayed outside the whole time. I feel like a zookeeper around here.

Yesterday the renter called and said she was completely out of the house. We went over last night and looked and it isn't too bad. Cleaning, paint, tile and carpet and then we're good to go. A coworker of dh is going to rent it. She is desperate for a place to live and they have agreed that she will do all the cleaning and painting (we'll supply the paint) in exchange for her deposit.

We have had nicer weather the past few days. The end of last week was only in the 80's. Today it is starting to heat up again. The triple digits will be back next week

Cindy it sounds like you have done very well with your training at work and you're now ready to test out all you have learned. You will do great. It's nice you have some days off to work on your house. I hate cleaning out the garage. DH always wants to get rid of my stuff in there and keep all of his. I bet lds looks so cute with both front teeth missing.

Jan I'm sure you have had a wonderful weekend away. How did gd visit go with dumb a? YDD birthday dinner sounded really good.

Scrapper I'm sure you're having a wonderful time relaxing in San Diego. Enjoy your trip

I need to go and get something accomplised with my little shadow. Everytime I go into a different room, she is right there with me. Right now she's laying under the chair chewing on her kong that I put a dog biscuit in.

Have a great day, girls
Unread 08-10-2009, 09:23 AM

Hello Ladies,

We had a great weekend!! It was nice to get away. it was a beautiful hotel and wedding. It was so nice to visit with our friends. It was hard to come home, lol. Our whole family is home now until school starts. It is so loud with all the kids here. We have not had that most of the summer and now it seems so loud. I have not been used to having to make so much food for awhile now either.

G.D. was very happy to be home Thursday. She was not too happy to find out she had to go back friday. We promised her it would only be 2 days this time. She had a very hard time getting to sleep last night. She was really wild. ODD finally laid down in her room and then she fell asleep. DH warned her teacher this morning that she may need extra time outs today. I think she is just left to fend for herself with him alot. When she comes home she has to be reminded to do the most basic things, I am not kidding like toilet paper and flushing, that we never have a problem with on a normal day at home. I am glad she will be back to regular schedule for awhile!

Cindy furniture shopping sounds fun! Lisa how is the bathroom? Great news that the other renter will paint herself. I hope things are back to normal with the fur kids. Well I am running a bit behind. Have to get dressed and get going for the day. Have a good day!
Unread 08-11-2009, 08:36 AM

Good morning ladies,

Yesterday we went to the park and the pool. A friend of mine was supposed to meet us at the pool, but she called and said she had to cancel. I made chili for supper last night. I'm going to do some more weeding out this morning. I'm not sure what we'll do after that. I'm making spaghetti for supper.

Jan I'm glad you had a nice weekend. Sounds like you needed that weekend before you came home to all the kids. I bet it's nice to have them all together. I'm glad GD survived her time with dumb a. I'll bet she's glad to be home.

Lisa you do sound like a zookeeper! LOL It's nice that your new renter will do the cleaning and painting. That's one less project for you and dh.

Scrapper hope you had a good weekend and things are going well.

Have a good day.
Unread 08-11-2009, 09:05 AM

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday went quickly. I went with YDD and purchased her books. The rest of the day was spent with family. Today I have to do laundry and get some more groceries. I am not sure what I am going to make for supper tonight yet.

Cindy doing your project a little at a time is the best way not to get overwhelmed. Last time we moved my husband just bit the bullet and purchased boxes all at one time. It was great because it gave me lots of time to pack. I took about 6 weeks and cleaned and packed everything. My DH was really happy. He did very little but actually move the stuff and it was all organized. It worked great for us. If we ever move again I hope I can convince him to do the same.

Well ladies off to get started. Have a great day!!
Unread 08-11-2009, 09:43 AM

Hi girls

My day has not started off good. I am sitting here with no water on in the house and I didn't get a shower yet. Yesterday late afternoon dh was working on finishing up the plumbing for the new tub. He tried to move a pipe and it broke. He was yelling for me and when I got in the bathroom he was literally soaked from head to toe. There was water everywhere. I had to run outside and turn off the water. We got all that cleaned up and he went about trying to fix the pipe. He was under the house until 10 last night soldering pipes. He was able to cap it off and had planned on coming home early today to finish up. This morning the valve on the hot water heater started leaking, so I had to turn the water to the house back off. I called dh and he doesn't know if he'll be able to get off early or not. I can see another looooong evening around here. I had so many plans today that involved water. Shower, dishes, laundry and here I sit

Last week Andrew went to his follow up appt with his Dr. for the kidney stone. The Dr. was concerned that it hasn't seemed to move since the ER visit. She referred him to a urologist whom he saw yesterday. The urologist is concerned also, so today at 12:30 he has to get another CAT scan done. I'm not sure if I'll make it to go with him or not.

Last night when dh was done under the house he didn't put the cover back over the hole. It is in the closet in the computer room. When I was rounding up the cats to go to bed, I couldn't find one and sure enough she had gone under the house. I was up until midnight trying to coax her out. I finally went to bed and she come out on her own. She was covered in dust and dirt, so I had to clean her up before I let her on the bed. I need a vacation....

Jan your weekend sounded really nice. I'm glad you had such a good time. Hopefully gd will fall back into her normal routine. Enjoy your time with all the family at home.

Cindy enjoy your day off. I agree with Jan on doing a little at a time. You do such a better job when it's not so rushed.

I need to go and do something. I think I'll vacuum. At least I still have electricity

Have a great day.
Unread 08-11-2009, 10:01 AM

Lisa I hope Andrew's CT goes ok. I feel for you with the water! I hope DH can get it done sooner rather than later. Boy, those animals are not cooperating lately. You seem to be doing a great job of looking on the bright side. Keep up the good work!! TTYS
Unread 08-12-2009, 08:37 AM

Good morning ladies,

I got through a few things yesterday while the kids played outside. You ladies are right about it being much less stressful doing a little at a time. I figure at this point I have plenty of time to slowly go through things and then start packing. Our friends are holding our boxes for us, so when I'm ready to pack we just have to pop over and pick them up. DH has been helping on the weekends. He said he was going to take a few days off when the kids start school to help.

I have to work at 2:00. It's my first night on my own. I'm a little nervous. I'll probably hang out with the kids before I go.

Lisa you poor thing. You've had a rough time, but you seem to be handling it well. I hope you get your water situation squared away. Your dh is good at that so I'm sure it will get done. I hope everything went well with Andrew's cat scan yesterday. Those naughty kitties. I'm glad you got her out.

Jan we are having a stretch of nice weather. How about you? I still have to take my kids to get school supplies. I'm so bad, I always wait until the last minute.

Have a good day ladies.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register