2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 350 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 09-04-2009, 01:26 PM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

TGIF ladies,

I'm so glad...it has been a busy week. I'm sleepy too today.

Last night dd and I went to the gym. We came home had dinner and did some cleaning up and put laundry away. She was going to have 2 friends come over after school, but they cancelled. So we will probably go do something after I get home from work. I'm thinking a manicure or going to the mall. She wants to get a bday gift for a friend.

I had wanted to go to the beach this weekend but last night dd said "I don't want to do anything this weekend...I"m tired." So I guess we will stay close to home and get some rest. Tomorrow morning I have a haircut appt. then on the way home I'll stop and get groceries. Maybe we will go out for dinner & a movie. The only other plans we have are a bday celebration at dh's aunt's for 3 Sept. bdays on Monday.

Dh's bday is the 27th so I need to see which day we will celebrate with the family.

Lisa - nice to hear from you. You have been busy. Yes, it's hard to believe that the holidays will be here soon. I see all the fall decor at the stores. The bathroom projects sounds great...cant' wait to see pics.

Enjoy the weekend ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-04-2009, 08:09 PM

Today was not a good day around here. I'll have my little whine for the day and then I promise I will be positive again. One of my kittys died today. I am so sad and feel so guilty. It was the feral mama cat and I was the only person that she ever trusted and today I feel like I really let her down. DH and I were out washing down the front of the house and washing the windows. DH was using his pressure washer and went to move his old truck that sits on the side of the house and is hardly ever driven. Whenever the mama cat would get scared she would get up under the engine and hide. I told dh to make sure she wasn't under there before he started the truck up. He lifted up the hood and she ran across the front yard and I didn't see where she had gone. The sound of the pressure washer was scaring her. When we finished up the front dh went around the side of the house to do the last window. I guess she was in the bushes over there and got scared and jumped into the backyard. The dogs were waiting for her After dh was done I went into the backyard to get a chair to stand on to do the windows. I looked over in the far corner of the yard and there was something dead and the dogs were right there with it. At first I thought it was an opossum (Sunny had killed another one on Wed. night), and then I realized that it hadn't been there this morning when I was out there and they don't usually come out during the day. I went out to get dh and as I was walking through the garage it hit me that it was the cat. I just hope she didn't suffer too much. DH went back there to took care of her for me. He said she was definitely dead. I just feel that if we hadn't done that last window she would still be alive. DH thought he was done and then I told him not to forget that last window. So many "if's". I am going to drive myself crazy with this.

I started my 3 day weekend today. I have to work on Monday, so I decided to take today off. DH goes back to work on Sunday, so he won't be home anyways on Monday. We did get a lot accomplished today. The front of the house looks so nice and the windows are so clear. You just don't realize how dirty they get until you give them a good scrubbing. I told dh maybe one day next week we can get the back of the house done. Right now the back windows look pretty pathetic.

DH finished the mirror up for the bathroom today. He ended up sandblasting a mickey head in each corner of the mirror. I wanted something different and we got it. He is going to hang it this evening. I still need to paint the door frame black. I was going to keep it white, but I think the black will look so much better. I never thought I would have black trim in my house. As soon as the rest of the prints arrive, dh will make the frames, hang them and we can officially say we are done. I cannot wait for that day

Tomorrow we have a Quinceanera to attend. I have never been to one and am looking forward to it.

Scrapper it sounds like you are going to have a relaxing weekend. Enjoy your 3 days off.

Jan and Cindy I hope you are both having a good day.

I need to get off of here and get some watering done outside. It was a bit cooler today and tomorrow even cooler than today.

Have a great weekend
Unread 09-05-2009, 12:54 PM

Hello All!

The end of my week was busy so I never had a chance to post. Things are back in the swing and have really picked up at work. Thursday I had my hair color appointment and last night I was so tired I could barely make it until 9. This morning I slept in. I just got finishing unloading the groceries. I still have to vacuum and switch my summer front door wreath to the fall one. I am skipping laundry today because I have Monday off for the holiday. I will do it tomorrow or Monday. My DH went racing with his brother so I am going to go to the movies and see Julie and Julia. I am going to the 4pm showing so when I get home DH should be home shortly after.

Lisa I am sorry about Mama cat. It was not your fault it was an accident. As sad as it is these things happen in the animal world. Luckily, her little kitten still has you to love her. Your DH is so talented. Sandblasting a mickey head onto the mirror sounds amazing. I can not wait to see the bathroom all decorated. It sounds fantastic. Have fun at the Quinceanera.

Scrapper sounds like we both ended our week exhausted. I hope you got to sleep in and feel better today too. Hanging around the house sounds like a nice relaxing way to spend this weekend. Throw in a few DVDs and it would be perfect.

Cindy I hope the weekend is going well for you and your family.

Enjoy your day girls!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2009, 08:10 AM

Good morning ladies,

It has been a busy weekend. Thursday was BDS's birthday. I had to work that night so we celebrated Friday. We took him out for dinner and came back and had cake. Saturday the kids finally got to see the house. They were thrilled! They really like it and are anxious to move in. DD and LDS picked their rooms and surprisingly neither one wanted the same room, so it worked out nicely. Of course bds gets the downstairs bedroom and he really likes his room. It is much bigger than what he has now. Sunday we went shopping for school shoes. That was pretty much and all day event. DH wanted to go with, and he is not the patient one when it comes to shopping. Today I have to run and get groceries, then we will grill and relax. The kids have their backpacks filled and are ready for school tomorrow. I can't believe summer is pretty much over. After I drop them at school tomorrow, the packing starts.

Lisa I'm sorry about your cat. It is not your fault. As Jan said it was an accident. Please don't blame yourself. What a neat idea with the mickey heads in the mirror. It's going to look great when it's all done.

Jan how was the movie? I saw the previews for that and it looked really good. I have alot of laundry to catch up today as well.

Scrapper was this dd's first full week of school? That is probably why she was tired. It sounds like you have a nice weekend planned.

Have a good day ladies.
Unread 09-07-2009, 08:50 AM

Hi Girls!

This weekend is flying by. The movie was great I highly recommend it! Yesterday DH and I went looking at antique stores. We did not buy anything but we had alot of fun. Then we grilled out pork chops. Today I have been a bad girl and saved all my homework until the night before school, lol. I have to finally get to the laundry. I am going to make some chili too since I am home but we won't eat it until tomorrow. We will probably grill again today.

Cindy I can imagine how excited the kids were to see their new house! I always hate when DH goes along shopping wiht the kids. So I know how that felt. Happy late birthday to BDS and Happy Packing tomorrow!

Scrapper and lisa I hope you are enjoying your long weekend!!
Unread 09-08-2009, 11:08 AM

hi ladies,

The kids started school this morning. I sent my baby off to kindergarten. He was very excited. I sent my big boy off to high school. He was very nervous. DD was not happy to be going to school until she saw her friends. It's been an emotional day for me. So many changes have happened in a short time and I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to think about it. But I sat down to eat lunch and it hit me. New house, new job, and kids growing up. I've never been home without at least one kid home with me. So I had a good cry and got it out of my system. Now I'm ready to move on.

I've been packing all morning. I've gotten pretty much done, but when I look around it just seems like a chaotic mess. The good thing that I forgot about is that we don't have to be out of this place until Oct. 1st. So we are packing the most important things first. Hopefully we'll be able to get it all packed, but if we don't we'll have a couple weeks to come back and forth getting the rest to the new house.

Jan I'm glad you enjoyed the movie. I love going to antique shops. In fact my dad's hobby/extra income was buying and selling antiques. He did that on the side for as long as I can remember. He really enjoyed it.

Have a good day ladies.
Unread 09-08-2009, 11:26 AM

Cindy,

It sounds like being so busy in a way has been a blessing to keep your mind busy. I am sorry you were sad this morning. It certainly was a big day sending one boy to kindergarten and one to High School. Poor DD not wanting to go back. I am glad you took some time to let yourself get used to the idea. What a great attitude of being ready to move on! You are right. There will be many good times ahead so into the future we go....

As for our house this morning... An extra day off and still we did not feel like getting up this morning. Yet we did and now the day is half over so the worst part of the week has passed! I have chili going in the crockpot so hopefully after I run some errands and pick up GD maybe it can be a quiet evening. We shall see...
Unread 09-08-2009, 12:48 PM

Hi ladies,

It has been busy this morning. My phones are busier today. Teachers are back today and the kids start tomorrow.

Our weekend was really nice and relaxing. Dd had a friend over Friday after school and got picked up at 7. We then went to pick dinner up. Saturday I went to my hair cut appt and marketing. The rest of the day we spent just relaxing and watched TV. We went to another animal shelter and spotted a dachshund. He's a year old and very cute. The only problem is that he was a stray so wasn't available for adopted quite yet. So I left my name and number. They called me yesterday morning and asked if I was still interested. I said "yes." So we can pick him up on Septe. 18th. she just said to call before we go to make sure he is still there. We are keeping our fingers crossed. After that we went to dinner.

sunday went to church then met one of my sisters..my other sister had plans. We went to dinner at a bbq place...yummy!!! My sister made dd and I laugh...she said "since we weren't invited to any bbq's let's go eat some bbq." Yesterday we had all morning to relax and prep things for today. We went to dh's aunt for a bday celebration. It was good seeing everyone. We got home around 7:30.

Lisa - so sorry to hear about mama cat. Poor thing just ended up int he wrong place. It wasn't your fault. The bathroom sounds so nice. Hope you enjoyed the quinceanera. I'm sure it feels great to have the house and window cleaned.

Mrswillie - Sounds like you had a nice weekend too. Glad you enjoyed the movie. I have been wanting to go see it. Antique shopping sounds like fun. I bought a new fall wreath this weekend..even better that it was on clearance. I agree...it was hard getting up this morning after having an extra day off. I had to wake dd up twice before she finally got up.

Hyper - happy belated birthday to bds. That 's exciting that the kids got to see their new house. it's nice that the picking of rooms worked out just right. I"m sure bds is happy with his room. Yes, last week was dd's first full week of school. She slept in this weekend. You do have lots of "BIG" things happening. It was a good thing that you were busy. That is good that you took time to process the changes. It will be OK...hang in there. The kids will be all excited to tell you about their first day today. Soon they will be back into their routine. Does LDS have all day kindergarten? When do you get the keys to the house?

I agree with you ladies too about dh's coming along for shopping. Dd and I prefer to go alone....it just isn't the same...no patience.

have a great day.
Unread 09-08-2009, 10:30 PM

Is it really only Tuesday? I feel like this week has gone on forever already. I have had a busy 2 days and the rest of the week (except tomorrow) is looking much busier. Tomorrow I am going to only work a few hours in the morning and then we are heading out of town. Andrew is on vacation this week and dh is off tomorrow. Andrew has wanted to see the aquarium shop that dh goes to in Sacramento with his Dr. We are going to go out to dinner on the way home, so it should be a relaxing afternoon.

My neck has really been bothering me today and this evening it seems to be getting worse. I think I'm going to take a muscle relaxer before bed and hopefully it will be fine in the morning. The pill will also knock me out, so a good nights rest might just be what I need.

DH and I had a great time at the Quinceanera on Saturday. I had read about it online Friday night and learned about all the traditions. Otherwise I probably would have been totally lost. It was lots of fun and we were happy to be able to share it with our friends.

Cindy I was wondering how you were doing with today being the first day of your little one going to school. Trust me that it will get easier each day. Two big milestones for your boys today. How exciting that your kids picked out their rooms with no problems. Happy belated birthday to your bds.

Jan your antique shopping sounds fun. I'm glad you enjoyed the movie. I didn't set my alarm this morning and ended up getting a late start to work. I am going to have to set it tomorrow.

Scrapper I hope everything works out with the new dog. I hope he is still there next week. It sounds like you had a nice relaxing weekend. We were nice and cooler over the weekend and now it is heating back up again. I am very ready for fall.

I'm going to go and take a pill and head to bed. Hopefully my neck will feel better in the morning.

Have a great evening, girls.
Unread 09-09-2009, 07:45 AM

Hello Ladies,

It is dark here this morning. I am sure it will be raining before long. I slept well last night but I can feel another dog gone sinus headache starting. Yesterday was very busy at work and it seems like today might shape up that way as well. Last night DH and I went and bought primer and ceiling paint he is actually starting on the paint. i want to go purchase carpet but he wants to wait until the painting is done. AHHH sometimes he drives me crazy! It seems like this room will never get finished. GD has jumped on the decorating bandwagon. She wants to move in to her Uncle's room when her Aunt moves back into her own room. She announced that she wants her Pops to paint it pink. When he came home with the 2 cans yesterday she asked is that pink? She cracked me up and even thought he never intended to paint that room I know she will work her GD charm on him and he surely will do it for her. I hvae no specific plan for dinner tonight which is never very good. We'll see what happens.

Scrapper I sure hope that little dog is still available for you next week. I hope DD enjoys her classes this term. BBQ sounds good maybe we should have that for supper, lol!

Lisa I hope your neck feels better. Have fun in Sacramento!

Cindy I hope you are getting alot of packing done.

Have a great day!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register