2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 351 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 09-09-2009, 09:03 AM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Good morning,

Thank you all for your support. School went well for everyone. LDS was so excited to tell me about his day. He told me what he did just about every minute of his day. He said school is great. DD had a good day, she said she had lots of work already. BDS had a little trouble finding his classes. I told him to keep his schedule with him until he gets used to how to get to them. His locker has a combination lock that the school assigns with their combination. He said he had trouble opening it. I took him to school a little early today so he could practice. There is also a teacher he can have help him refresh his memory on how to open it. So it seems they all had a pretty good day. I got called into to work last night at 5:00. DH said the kids were tired and they all fell asleep pretty quick when they went to bed. I have to work tonight and tomorrow night, but I'll still have most of the day to pack. I got quite a bit done yesterday. DH is still planning on taking Friday off so we can hopefully get the rest done. Well I'd better get at it.

Scrapper I hope you will be able to get the dog. How nice to have found one relatively quickly. Your weekend sounds like it was nice and relaxing. Your bbq dinner sounds good. LDS will go all day everyday except Friday. He will be home on Fridays. We won't get the keys to the house until our closing day which is next Thursday, the 17th.

Lisa it sounds like you have a fun day planned. Sounds like just what you need. I hope your neck feels better today.

Jan it is supposed to rain here today too. It was chilly this morning. The kids wore their jackets. That is cute about gd wanting dh to paint her room pink. I bet you're right, he won't be able to resist her charm.

Have a good day everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2009, 02:59 PM

Hi ladies,

When I got home yesterday, dd said if we could go on a walk instead of going to the gym. She said that she had lots of homework. So I changed and off we went and took Buster too. It's funny as I was changing she went to get the leash, and Buster just went crazy...jumping & barking. Like telling us to hurry up. We had a good walk...50 minutes at a good pace...we worked up a sweat.

We got back and she started on homework, and I worked on dinner. We had tacos. Tonight it is burgers, potatoes and steamed veggies.

Today I"m having lunch with one of my friends. We haven't caught up in quite some time. She works on the 14th floor and I see her every now and then. It will be good to catch up with her.

Lisa - hope your neck is feeling better today. Enjoy your afternoon in Sacramento..sounds very nice. glad you had a good time at the Quinceanera. That was good to read up on what to expect. We've cooled down considerably....the highest will be low 90's. I'm ready for Fall too.

Mrswillie - I hope you an nip your sinus headache right away. That is so cute of GD wanting to move into her uncle's room and she knows what she wants. I've been looking around the house and it looks like it needs a new paint job. I told dh and he said "it's only been 5 years since the last pain job." It's all neutral color - navajo white. I think I want to add some color or re-decorate. So far dd is enjoying her classes...keeping up so far. She has a physics test tomorrow. I'll help her study for that tonight.

Hyper - hope the first day of school went well for the kids.

Have a good day.
Unread 09-10-2009, 04:32 PM

Hi ladies,

This morning as soon as I got on the freeway, I heard about a bad accident that had 3 lanes blocked. So I got off before the back up started and took streets the rest of the way.

I have a cold sore...yuck!! They are so annoying because you want to scratch at them when they tingle and if you do...they spread.

Not much going on this evening. Going to get my work out in and pick up dinner. I think it will be a roasted chicken. I know dd has an English test tomorrow. She had one in her physics class today.

Work has been busy and the phone calls too. School is back in session so the volume has increased.

Hyper - glad that all went well with the first day of school. LDS sounds so excited. BDS will get the hang of this schedule, etc. What grade is dd in now?

have a good evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-11-2009, 01:45 PM

TGIF ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well.

Today after work dd and I have an eye doctor appt. We will see if I had any changes to my vision. I'm not due for new frames until next year...that is OK because I'm happy with the one I have. After that I need to get marketing done and then we will probably pick dinner up.

Tomorrow morning I have a training to go to at church related to child abuse. It's a requirement for parents as part of dd's religious education class. She starts classes on the 27th. This is her 2nd year in preparation for Confirmation...she will make it in May next year.

My friends are coming over for scrapping tomorrow at 1:00pm. So I need to leave everything set up this evening. I'm looking forward to scrapping time and catching up with my friends.

Sunday will be nice because we have most of the day to relax and get things done around home. Dd and I have orientation for her religious ed class at 3:00pm. It is then followed by 5:15 masss...which is the youth mass. They will have classes every other sunday at 3:00pm and then mass at 5:15.

It's been a busy day so far...especially phones. you can tell that school is back in session..lol.

Have a great day and enjoy the weekend.
Unread 09-11-2009, 01:50 PM

Hi ladies,

I worked Tues., Wed., and Thurs. night this week. I have today off then I work the weekend. School has been going good. BDS is feeling more comfortable. He's actually doing well so far keeping up with his work. LDS is still having a great time, but he's been very tired after school. DD likes her class and is doing well. I think they're all glad the weekend is here. DH wasn't able to take today off, something came up at work. He's planning to take Monday off now. I took a break from packing today. I ran and got groceries this morning. This evening DD and LDS's school is having a back to school picnic at the park by our house. It's a potluck. I got a meat and cheese tray to bring. I took the easy way out. I'm tired today and I didn't feel like making anything. It should be fun.

Scrapper how was your lunch with your friend? That was a smart move to get off the freeway to avoid a traffic jam. Those cold sores are a pain! DD is in 4th grade this year.

Have a nice day.
Unread 09-13-2009, 09:21 AM

Hi ladies,

This has been a busy weekend. It is homestead weekend here in our town. It is a big festival and homecoming. Class reunions are this weekend so lots of people come from out of town. There is a big pork bbq for 3 days, a parade, a play, craft shows, car show, flea market, fun fair, lots of activities. Yesterday we took GD to the parade and activities and last night we went to the play. It was a musical called the Totally Awesome 80's. YDD had a singing and dancing part. It was quite a fun play and we really enjoyed it. DH was class of '82 and I was '83 so we were the perfect audience. We got home after 11 though, so poor DH was tired this morning. There is alot more stuff I could take GD to today but I think I might just stay home and finish my laundry. We'll see.

Scrapper that will be fun if you redecorate. Rehabbing/construction is not fun but redecorating is. It is quick and the result is always such a good feeling. I know what you mean about things picking up at school. It is getting back in full swing now, the honeymoon phase is over. I am interested to hear about the child abuse class. How does that connect to confirmation? I hope your vision appt went well and you have some time to relax today.

Cindy sounds like your kids are really adjusting well to school. I don't blame poor little DS for being tired. It is alot to get used to! I hope you had fun at the picnic. Your meat and cheese tray sounds just fine. I think I am going to bring that to our first monthly luncheon at school. It is on the 17th. It will be nice for you to have DH home on Monday.

Lisa I hope you are doing well.

Have a great weekend ladies!!
Unread 09-13-2009, 02:42 PM

Hi ladies,

I worked this weekend, but now I am done and I have two days off. Last night we went out for supper then I went to bed early. I just got home a little while ago, and the family is out running errands. I'm relaxing for a few minutes then I'm going to take a shower. I'm not sure what we're doing for supper. Ordering a pizza sounds good. We'll see when everyone gets home. Tomorrow dh is off and we are going to try and finish up our packing. It is getting close now. We are all anxious to be in our new home. I guess this time next week, we will be. Hard to believe that time went fast since we first bought the house.

Scrapper I hope the eye appts. went well. That is interesting having a child abuse class in correlation with confirmation. I know you had fun scrapping with your friends.

Jan your homestead weekend sounds like fun. I bet gd enjoyed the activities yesterday. It sounds very similar to our bbq days which is in July. They have pretty much the same actitivities. Hope you were able to get to your laundry today, or maybe you took gd for more fun. Anyhow, I hope you're having a good day.

Lisa I hope your weekend is going well.

Talk to you all later.
Unread 09-14-2009, 12:18 PM

Hello ladies,

Sounds like you all had a good weekend. Ours was good too just a bit busy. Dd and I had a good eye doctor appt. Dd is fine - needs no glasses. I had no change in my vision so that is good.

Dh and dd went to the shelter to take another look at our new dog. They said that a second person is now interested in him. So dh and I are going to be there Friday morning before they open. As our name is first on the list. Dd said "you have to get there early because no one is going to take our dog."

Scrapping with my friends didn't happen after all. They all had something that they had to do. One of my friends did come over to visit so we had a nice chat. I did end up scrapping on my own and completed 6 pages. That evening dh, dd and I went out to dinner to Chili's...I had some ribs with corn on the cob...yummy!!!

Yesterday we had most of the day to relax. Dd and left around 1:30 to go drop flowers off for my mom then went to my dad's to drop off some groceries. So visited for a short time with him and my youngest sister. After that dd and I headed off to our orientation for her confirmation class. It was a good meeting. For dinner dh grilled burgers...they were good.

Today dd has an orthodontist appt and later in the week we have Back to School Night.

Hyper - glad to hear that the kids are adjusting to being back in school. LDS will adjust to his new routine as well. How was the back to school picnic? Lunch with my friend was great. We said that we are going to get together for lunch at least once a month. Hope you and dh are getting lots done today. How exciting that you'll be in your new home very soon.

Mrswilie - your Homestead weekend sounds like lots of fun...nice variety of acitivities for everyone. Glad you enjoyed the play....how great that YDD was in it. The catholic church has this program that is called protecting our children which teaches children at all grade levels about safe touching and keeping them safe from sexual predators.

Well back to work...have a great day.
Unread 09-14-2009, 12:46 PM

Hi Ladies,

Well yesterday was almost like "GD day", lol. I took her to the kids petting zoo which she just loved. When we got home from that we baked muffins, she helped me make a casserole, she helped me do the laundry and after all the clean up and playing was over I gave her a bubble bath. When she was in her pj's eating a snack we were practicing alphabet letter recognition. She recognized S as being the start of her name. Then when I said she was right her name was, and I said her first and last name and she said no Gram it is first and Dumb A's last name. I said what and she said my Daddy said that is my name. Huh that is a first! Her whole life she has been one name and now he thinks we are just going to switch it? We are not going to argue about it but continue to use what we have been using. If she wants to add his name as she gets older she can do that but for now it is staying as is. Oh that guy is annoying. Always telling her what her Mom does is wrong and his way is right! I am glad I don't have to see him for 2 more days.

Scrapper glad your vision appts went well. I am glad you got some scrapping done after all. Now that you explained that class it makes sense how it would fit in. I agree with your DD and I would get there early too as I would hate to see you miss out on "your new dog!"

Cindy I hope you and DH are getting tons of packing done today.

Lisa I hope all is well with you.

I have enchilada casserole cooking in the crockpot so hopefully tonight will be a relaxing one. Have a great day ladies!
Unread 09-15-2009, 04:44 PM

Hello ladies,

Well I have less than one hour left of work. It sure has been a busy day.

Dd had her orthodontist appt yesterday. She has about another 3 months and then her braces come off. She's very happy about that. After her appt we went to the gym and back home. We had pork chops for dinner.

Today not much going on after work. We will probably head to the gym. I made lemon pepper chicken breasts for dinner.

Mrswillie - "GD day" sure sounded like a fun day. I'm sure she loved the petting zoo. Leave it to Dumb A to put things in her head. your enchilada casserole sounded yummt.

Hyper and Lisa hope all is well.

Have a good evening.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register