2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 354 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 09-30-2009, 05:44 AM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

good morning ladies,

We are closing on our house at 9:00 this morning. YaY! Unfortunately I have to work tonight and tomorrow night. DH and I will move boxes over today. Tomorrow the movers are coming and the furniture will be moved. Friday we will finish moving anything that's left. We have to be out of this place Friday. After these two nights I work, I'll have 5 days off, so I'll spend that unpacking and getting organized. We did find bedding for everyone this weekend. We found a bedroom set for lds.

Jan your day sounded nice on Sunday. You and gd were busy.

Lisa it's good to hear from you. You really have been busy.

Scrapper happy belated birthday to DH! It sounds like you had a nice celebration and a nice weekend. That was cute about dd and her friend trying on costumes. Boy those costumes sure are expensive aren't they?

Well ladies, have a great day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2009, 05:32 AM

Good morning ladies,

We closed on the house yesterday. While I was at work last night I was surprised when I came home that dh moved all the boxes to the new house. Poor guy was sitting on the couch sleeping when I got home. Today the movers are coming for the furniture. It is storming and pouring rain. Tomorrow we will get anything that's left, then I'll start the unpacking process. We will actually start living there tomorrow. I'm so happy we're finally to this point. I'll be busy for the next several days. I'll check in soon.

Have a nice day.
Unread 10-01-2009, 10:58 AM

Hi ladies,

Well I"m home sick. I left work early yesterday and went to the doctor. I have the flu/cold symptoms. There is also inflammation in my throat...but no strep so that is good. He told me to stay home the rest of the week.

This morning I dropped dd off at school then came home and had breakfast. I got back in bed and fell asleep for a good hour. That is all I will be doing...resting so I can get rid of this. Dd has a dentist appt today at 4:30. When we are done, we will pick up dinner.

Hyper - I'm so glad that the house finally closed. How exciting. How nice of dh to move all the boxes. Good luck with all you have to do to get settled in. Don't overdue it.

Hope everyone is doing well. Off to grab a snack and take some meds.

Have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2009, 08:07 AM

Good morning ladies,

We got alot moved yesterday and while I was working last night the movers came and did all the furniture. We only have a little more to move this morning then we're done. We will start living in our new house today. We'll start the unpacking process. I'm off work now until next Wed. DH was so sweet. He hired the gal who cleaned this house after I had the hyster, to come tomorrow and clean. He didn't want me to have to come back and clean because he knows I want to start unpacking and organizing the new house. We won't have internet service until sometime on Monday, so I'll check in next week.

Scrapper I'm sorry you are sick. Take good care of yourself. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Have a great weekend ladies.
Unread 10-03-2009, 05:07 PM

Hi Ladies,

I feel so bad that I am not on this site as often as I would like to be. This is the busiest 1st quarter I have ever had in a school year. I don't know if that is good or bad...

This afternoon I met a nice young lady who is going to intern with me from January through April. If things keep up they way they have been she should be able to be quite busy and learn alot!

Cindy I am so excited for you that you have moved!!! What a sweetie that DH was to do all that moving and then hire a cleaning lady. It is nice that you have a few days off. I bet you will get alot organized. Oh it must be so nice settling in to that beautiful house.

Scrapper I am sorry you are sick! My DS called me at work Wednesday. He had just come from the doctor. He has the flu too. They gave him notes to be out of school until Monday just like you! I was surprised it was for so long but I guess everyone is being careful these days. I am glad for the change. It is so much better than the usual way that the medical system rushes people back before they are ready. He said today he is feeling better. Not 100%, but better. He hopes he won't have too bad of a time catching up when he goes back. I hope you rest as much as possible and feel better soon.

Today I cleaned house and I am working on laundry. Tomorrow I go to get my hair colored which is desperately needed. The rest of my time will be relaxing. It has been quite cold here this week so it is good weather to hang out inside. G.D. went to her dad's and I actually sent her in her winter jacket!

Well ladies, I have to fold some clothes. Have a great evening!!
Unread 10-04-2009, 02:57 PM

I'm back again Last week ended up being the week from hell at work. I was so happy when Friday arrived. The two revisions we did at the Targets ended up being almost 10 hour days. This week coming up should be a more normal week. Other than going to the out of town stores one day this week, I should have an easier week. We think that they have found someone to take over the out of town stores and that will make my life easier once they are trained. On Tuesday I have to go to Fresno for my consultation with the colonoscopy Dr. I'm not looking forward to that appointment. I'm going to tell him that he's not doing it until after I turn 50 and that's in a couple weeks. Hopefully he'll be booked way ahead.

Yesterday my sister and a friend and I headed to Fresno for a "me" day of shopping and eating. We stopped at Starbucks on our way out of town and got our drinks and some pastries. We shopped until we couldn't anymore and then went and had a late lunch. It was such a relaxing day. I really needed it. Today I am trying to catch up around here. I have laundry going right now and when I'm done here I will continue with my cleaning and picking up. It just never ends.

Jan I feel like you about not getting on here as often as I would like. Sorry to hear your ds has been sick. I got my flu shot on Thursday. I'm hoping I can stay well this winter. We already have numerous case of the H1N1 flu here and I'm hoping I can dodge that one. I hope with your intern coming on that things will lighten up for you at work. I hope your hair coloring went well today and that you are relaxing this afternoon.

Scrapper we are also cooling down with our weather. It is a welcome relief. I am actually closing up the house at night, because it is getting into the high 40's at night. It will be time to bust out with the thermals pretty soon I'm sorry that you have been sick also. I hope by today you are feeling much better. Congrats on your new Maxi.

Cindy I'm so happy that you finally closed and were able to move. I bet you have everything all organized at the new house by now. How sweet of your dh to hire someone to clean your old place up. That must have been a nice surprise. Enjoy your days off and getting your new house all settled.

I better run and get back on track with my house work. I hope everyone has a great day
Unread 10-05-2009, 07:46 AM

Hi Ladies,

I don't have alot of time but I had to say hello and Happy Hysterversary!!! 2 years passed quickly. We sure have all gotten busy in these past 2 years. I am glad because that means we are all feeling well and happy. I am so glad to know you ladies.

Scrapper I hope you are feeling better, Lisa I hope you feel a bit more realxed, and Cindy I hope you are settling in to that beautiful new home.

Have a great day ladies!!
Unread 10-05-2009, 02:55 PM

Hi ladies,

Well I"m back at work today. I could have used another day off though. I had to come in to prepare materials for interviews my boss is having. Sure enough when I checked my email she had sent me the questions to print out. So it was a hectic morning. I have several things to sort through from last week. I'm handing one task at a time.

I did rest and sleep lots. Didn't have the energy to do much.I"m feeling better than last week but still not at 100%. I plan on resting and relaxing in the evenings. Dd started with the same symptoms on Thursday. She is home from school today.

Hyoper - glad you are now in your new home. How sweet of dh to do that...very awesome. One less thing for you to have to worry about.

Mrswillie - that is great you will have someone interning with you. That will be a great help and an opportunity for her to learn. I know the weekend weather was so much cooler. Dd and I were wearing sweats. I know it is hard to believe that it has been 2 years since our hysters. All of that is good. Next month will be 1 year since my back surgery.

Lisa - glad to hear that things this week will be more normal for you. Your "me" day sounded great. Did you find some nice things? Good luck with your consultation tomorrow.

Well back to work. Have a great day.
Unread 10-05-2009, 07:51 PM

Hi Ladies,
It seems like an eternity since I have been on this site.
I hope everyone is doing well. I can't believe it has been 2 years since we all "met" and 1 year since my second abdominal surgery to remove the scar tissue from my hysterectomy and radiation.
2008 was a tough year for me with the radiation treatments, the lymphatic fluid and the surgery to remove the scar tissue, 2009 has proved to be a lot better for me and I am back to my "normal" hectic life.
I promise I will return more often and send a message even if it's just to say HI how ya doing.
Unread 10-08-2009, 11:44 AM

Hi ladies,

It's been a busy week both at work and after work. I'm feeling better but still not at 100%. I have my cough although it is less now and my voice is still a bit hoarse.

This week after work dd has had appts each day we were off to the orthodontist, dentist and doctor. We are excited that we have nothing today...we're tired. It will be nice to get home and just relax after dinner. Also the house will be clean as my cousin is there cleaning.

Dd got the flu shot yesterday while we were at the doctor. Also she doesn't have to see the dermatologist anymore. Her skin has cleared up nicely.

Our weather has been nice and mild 70's. The evenings and mornings are very cool where you need a sweater.

Suki - nice to hear from you. Glad that you are much better now. Pop in when you can.

Hope everyone is doing well. Back to work - have lots of different things to tackle. Have a good day

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register