2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 355 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 10-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Hell ladies,

It is cold and rainy here. Big cold front coming in and it is going to be in the 30's this weekend. Yuck. It is too early for winter! Scrapper your weather sound beautiful!!

We have a Teacher's Institute tomorrow and then we will have a 3 day weekend. If all works out YDD and I will go shopping on Monday. I am looking forward to that. I have ordered a pizza for dinner and then I might do a little baking with GD tonight.

Scrapper it is good that you have been getting all of your appointments out of the way. It will be nice for you to be able to relax this evening. It must be so nice to be able to come home to a clean house!

Suki it was good to hear from you.

Cindy I hope you are getting settled and I imagine you had to work yesterday and today. I miss your posts!

Lisa I hope your week has slowed down. I hope to hear from you ladies soon.

Have a great evening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2009, 09:08 AM

Hi ladies,

I'm sorry I've been away so long. DH just got the computer hooked up last night. We are pretty much unpacked. There are just a few odds and ends here and there. We just love our new house! We have so much more room. Jan, you were right, I worked Wed. and Thurs. This is also my weekend to work. Tonight dd and I have pioneers. It is the first meeting this year. That should be fun. LDS is home today. We are going to hang out and do some playing together. Yesterday was dd's last volleyball game. They won. I actually got to go to the game. My supervisor was so nice to let me leave work for a couple hours last night, so I could watch her. It was the first time I got to see her play. She does really well. BDS is doing well in high school so far. He really seems to like it. He likes all of this classes and his teachers. Well ladies, lds is wanting me, so I'd better go for now. I've tried to scan through everyones posts, so if I've missed anything important, I apologize.

Lisa it sounds like you had a fun "me" day. That is just what you needed. I imagine you will be super busy with all of the holidays coming.

Scrapper I hope you get back to feeling 100% soon. I will get my flu shot at work. DH already got his and I will be taking the kids in for theirs soon.

Jan I'm glad your intern is nice. That makes a great difference in working together. My kids have next Thursday and Friday off for statewide teacher's conference. I hope you and dd get to go shopping Monday. That sounds like fun. It is going to be cold this weekend here too. We are supposed to have snow flurries. I'm definitely not ready for winter.

Suki good to hear from you.

Happy belated hysterversary ladies. It doesn't seem possible that it's been two years already.

Have a great day .
Unread 10-09-2009, 06:08 PM

TGIF I took today off and am going to enjoy a 3 day weekend. I have to work on Monday, so today was my holiday day. The rest of the week was very busy at work. Next week is going to be a crazy week, so I'm going to relax and rest up for the coming week.

Today I have been cleaning some and playing on the computer. I gave the new bathroom a good cleaning this morning. With everything being new, it's very easy to keep it clean. I am still waiting on my prints before I send out the final pictures. The guy I ordered them from is driving me crazy. It has been 6 weeks and I've had it with him. I am going to wait one more day and then demand that he return my money. He probably won't and I'll be out the money. I am going to file a complaint with EBay and hopefully get this resolved. I feel I have been more than patient with him.

DH is off for 3 days also. Tomorrow we are going to pressure wash the back of the house and clean the windows. The front turned out so nice a few weeks ago that I want the back to match. I'm also going to go and get my hair trimmed tomorrow. I wanted to go today, but the gal I go to got off early and I didn't make it.

Our weather here is wonderful. It's been in the high 70's, low 80's. It does get pretty cool at night and I have been closing up the house once the sun starts going down.

Scrapper I'm glad your feeling better. Hopefully you'll be 100% soon. How nice to come home to a nice clean house.

Jan enjoy your 3 day weekend. I hope you get to go shopping on Monday. Sorry your weather is so cold already.

Cindy I'm so happy that your getting settled in your new house. Are the kids loving it?

Suki it was really good to hear from you and I'm so glad that your feeling better. Check in when you can.

Like Cindy said, Happy Belated Hysterversary to you all

I need to go and get some more chores done. Have a great weekend girls.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2009, 10:52 AM

Good morning ladies,

I didn't turn on my computer on all weekend at home. Our weekend was nice and relaxing. Friday evening dd and I went to the mall. She was in search of jeans...no luck though. She tried on several pair and didn't like the way they fit. Saturday I did the marketing and laundry. In the evening we went out to dinner. Yesterday dd had her religious ed class. I met her for mass. Dh grilled burgers for dinner.

It was hard getting up this morning - I was very comfy and warm. Our weather has been very nice - so much cooler. We may be getting some rain starting tomorrow.

Dd got her Halloween costume. She's going to be a bumble bee. It's a really cute costume. It's like a body suit style and it is puffy. I"ll have to take her picture.

Mrswillie - your weekend weather sounds too cold - I agree it is too early for winter. Enjoy your 3 day weekend. I hope you and YDD enjoy your day out shopping today.

Hyper - that's great you are unpacked and enjoying your new home. You must all be enjoying the extra space you have. That was so nice of your supervisor to let you go watch dd's last game. Nice to hear that the kids are doing well.

Lisa - hope you enjoyed your 3 day weekend. Hope you accomplish what you want to get done at home. I love the cooler weather that we are having too. Have a good week.

I have some meetings to schedule, payroll to enter, and clean out some files. They said we are supposed to be getting our boxes this week to start packing.

Have a great day.
Unread 10-12-2009, 10:58 AM

Hi ladies,

I worked this weekend. I'm done until Wed. We went out for dinner Saturday evening. Yesterday when I got home we just relaxed. DH finished all the rest of the unpacking this weekend while I was at work. I guess he is a pretty good guy. LDS sang in church with his class on Sunday. It was his first time singing. I was kind of sad I missed it, but he will be singing several times over the school year. Hopefully one of them will fall on a weekend I don't have to work. I spent the morning cleaning. Whew! A bigger house means more to clean. We are so enjoying our new home. Ladies, it is snowing here! Is it really Oct.? We've only gotten about an inch or two, but I was looking forward to seeing the leaves changing in Oct., not snow. Fall is my very favorite season and I don't think we'll have one. I put a roast in the crockpot. It just seemed like a good day for it. Noone has any activities tonight. DH has a school board meeting so I think the kids and I will just relax and watch something on t.v.

Lisa I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of your bathroom. I'll bet it looks fabulous. I hope you and DH enjoyed your 3 day weekend. I'm glad you were able to have those days off before your busy week. I have to say, I'm jealous of your weather. Send some our way.

Scrapper I hope you are feeling better.

Jan I hope you had a nice weekend. I just remembered you have a day off today. I hope you and dd were able to go shopping.

Have a good day.
Unread 10-13-2009, 10:17 PM

Hi girls

Today we had a revision at the out of town Target. I'm glad that is behind us now. Our weather here has been horrible today. Heavy rain and very high winds. It was scary driving to and from work today. It felt like the wind was going to take me off the road. I was very glad to get back home. Right now I have the front door open and it is pouring outside. It is a warm storm, so that has been nice.

I went and got my hair trimmed this weekend. I have decided that longer hair isn't for me. She cut a good inch off and then put some layers in it. I always blow dry it straight and it's getting so frizzy. Tonight I came in after being out in the wind and rain and dh asked me what was wrong with my hair. He said I looked like a wild woman. The gal that cut my hair said I should try putting some mousse in it while it's drying and then scrunch it up and let it dry naturally. I have lots of natural curl and I think I'll try that look soon. It's hard to change when you've had it the same way for so long. I need to color it again, so maybe that will help it look better also.

Last night the kitten chewed through the DSL power cord and I was not happy with her. Today dh fixed it and I was back online. I have to keep the door shut now to keep her out of the computer room. I don't know why my cats have such a fasination with cords.

I ended up ordering new prints on Sunday evening from someone else. I know I will never see my money or prints from that other guy. I was going to file a complaint on EBay and read all the rules about filing and it said you have between 10-45 days to file and Sunday was day 46. Just my luck. Hopefully they will arrive soon and then I can send out pictures.

I found out tonight that my dh is planning a party here next week for my birthday. I knew he would do something. I made him promise that there would be no big surprise. I guess I better get my house in order this weekend. It will give me an excuse to do a good cleaning around here.

Scrapper it sounds like you had a relaxing weekend. Your dd costume sounds cute. I hope you aren't having all the rain we have had today.

Cindy I can't believe you have snow. That is just crazy this early. I guess I shouldn't complain about our rain. I bet it feels so good to be all unpacked and settled in your new house.

Jan I hope you are having a good week and that you enjoyed your 3 day weekend.

I need to go and get ready for bed. I'm beat from work today.
Unread 10-14-2009, 08:44 AM

Good morning all,

It is a gloomy chilly day. Yesterday I went to target to get a few things. I made lemon and dill chicken for supper last night. DD had a friend over. Her friend now lives a block away, so that is nice. I have to work tonight. I'm going to make a pot of chili for the clan to eat tonight. This is the kids last day then they are off until Monday. Every Oct. we have statewide teachers meetings, so they always get that 4 day weekend. I have to work tomorrow night as well, but it will be nice to be able to spend some time with the kids before I go.

lisa I bet your hair looks nice. It's always nice to have a change once in awhile. I don't like driving when it is really windy. If I have to be on the freeway I always think my van is going to blow right off the road. I'm glad dh was able to fix your dsl. That little naughty kitten. Oh how fun, a birthday party. I bet it will be fun. But not fun that you have to clean the house for your own party.

Scrapper we must have posted at the same time the other day. It sounds like you had a nice relaxing weekend. I always have a hard time finding jeans that fit right. DD's halloween costume sounds cute. Yes, you'll have to take a picture and send it to us.

Have a good day.
Unread 10-14-2009, 04:24 PM

Hi ladies,

We have rainy weather. It started yesterday and supposed to rain through tonight. As I look out the window now it is still drizzly. Not looking forward to the drive home...hope it isn't too bad.

Today my boss and a few others went down to the 16th floor to see where we will be sitting. They weren't too thrilled with where I was goign to be sitting because I wouldn't be able to see if my boss was in her office or not. Also I wouldn't be able to see anyone coming towards our office. So they are going to make one of the walls surrounding my cubicle shorter. It seems like it is a larger cubicle than the one I am in now so that is nice.

Hyper - how great that dh finished the unpacking. I'm sure you will be able to catch LDS singing on one of the Sundays. I made lemon pepper chicken breasts for dinner last night...funny pretty similar to your dinner. How nice that the kids have a 4 day weekend. They will get to sleep in.

Lisa - i think the mousse with your natural curl will work well. That's tyoo bad you didn't get the prints from that guy. How nice of dh planning a bdy party for you. We have the rain but not the wind.

Have a good evening.
Unread 10-16-2009, 10:27 AM

TGIF ladies,

It sure has been a hectic morning so far. My boss is at an off site meeting and I had to call her twice due to some phone calls.

Today is Boss's Day so we are having coffee and desserts for our 2 bosses. You should see how many pies they bought!!!! We bought balloons and flower arrangements...they are going to be surprised.

Last night we went to parent conferences. They were held in the gym and it was so hot in there. We got to chat with all her teachers. At the end of the first grading period dd has all A's and B's. She is struggling with her algebra 2 class..she had a D but brought it up to a B.

Dd has a minimum day today and one of her friends is coming home with her. I left her money so they can get some lunch. Dd has tutoring at 5:30 today since tomorrow she will be taking the PSAT.

When I pick her up from tutoring we are going to Penneys. We are still looking for jeans for dd. There is also a Kohls in the same shopping center so we can check there as well.

As for plans for the weekend not much going on. I have a haircut appt in the morning. One of my friends was supposed to come over for scrapping but can't make it after all. So I may just pull my things out and scrap for awhile. Dd wants to go to the movies too. So we will see what happens.

We had rain for 2 days and now it has heated up once again...crazy weather is so unpredictable.

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a good Friday and enjoy the weekend.
Unread 10-17-2009, 09:12 AM

Hi Ladies,

I am so sorry I have been so sporadic on here latley! This has been the worst school year I have had in all my time working in schools. Well I don't know if it is the worst, the suicides last year were the worst, but it has been the busiest. I think it does have to do some with hypervigilance in the way I manage cases since the suicides. Anyhow it is making things crazy here. Also I had 2 sickies here for a bit. GD and DD had upper respiatory illness. So that took up all my at home time. GD is now better and off at her Dad's this weekend. ODD is working. YDD still sleeping. She now is getting sick too. DH is on his way home from work. I have to straighten the house, put some ribs in the crockpot, and then I plan to spend the rest of the weekend working on 2 things. One is the laundry. The other is a baby quilt for a shower that is on the 24th. I wish now that I just bought something but I had told the mother of this girl I was going to make a quilt and now I have to do it even if it is the last minute! I used to make them all the time before we had GD, but it is amazing how that changed everything in our life, lol. I think it is because when my kids were little I did not work outside the home. I seem to have a much more difficult time managing, her, work, and extra things like making quilts. I know there are alot of people that don't have that issue. I must be disorganized or something. I finally sent you ladies some photos of YDD's room. I hope to get the other room painted for GD in November. I will let you know when that happens.

Lisa I am tired of how long it takes me to dry my hair these days. If I had not committed to the goal of growing these bangs out I may have given in myself. Everyone tells me to go longer between shampoos that it would be better for my hair, but I am so used to washing it everyday I just can't seem to quit! I bet your hair looks really cute. I would try the mousse thing for sure if I had that curl.

Cindy I know what you mean about fall going straight into winter. What a weird year! It was nice that you had some time with your kids over the 4 day weekend. Now that the house is settled you will have to send some photos!

Scrapper I hope DD finds some jeans. I absolutley hate shopping for them! Nothing ever fits me right. I am sure that has alot to do with me being overweight and short. Luckily, that is not a problem for your DD. That is great that they are reworking that cubicle for you before you move. Maybe it will turn out to be not so bad after all. All of those pies sound yummy...once again proof of why I can't buy jeans!!

Well ladies off to the chores now. Have a great weekend!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register