2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 358 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 10-31-2009, 10:15 AM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Hi ladies,

Yesterday lds and I went to target and out to lunch. It was a really windy cold day. I made steak for supper last night, then the kids carved their pumpkins. They were all tired and went to bed early. Today we are just relaxing at home. I think I'll just make soup and sandwiches for supper then we'll go out trick or treating. Tomorrow is reformation day at church. DD's class is singing in both services. We'll go to 8:00 church and then dd will sing at the beginning of the 10:30 service, then we'll leave. I'm not sure what we'll do after church. I'm so happy that we get an extra hour of sleep tonight. Don't forget to set your clocks back. I'm not looking forward to it being dark earlier though.

Scrapper congrats to dd! That is great! I know you and dh and very proud of her. I hope they find out what is going on with her hand. It sounds like you have a nice weekend planned. Have fun trick or treating!

Happy Halloween ladies, have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2009, 04:59 PM

Happy Halloween

Tonight I will be handing out my candy. I'm not sure how many to expect. The weather is nice today, so we could have more than normal. Today is in the mid 70's and will be that way through most of next week. I didn't even buy a pumpkin this year. The only decoration is my flag outside with a pumpkin and three black cats in it.

I was so glad that today was Saturday. I got all my running around done earlier and I can stay home until Monday morning. I went to Penneys, Kohls, grocery store and got gas today. I bought new socks at Penneys. They were having a really good sale there. At Kohls I spent some of my birthday money. I got a new pair of shoes for work and a couple tops.

I have really been dragging the past couple days. This afternoon I am finally feeling more like myself. I am so sensitive to anesthesia. I think it is finally working it's way out of my system. Tomorrow dh goes back to work after being off for almost 2 weeks. I hope I can get lots done tomorrow around here. I feel like everything is getting out of control since I haven't done anything the past few days.

Scrapper I hope the Drs. can figure out what is going on with dd hand. Congratulations to her on her award. I know you are very proud of her.

Cindy enjoy your days off. It sounds like you and lds had a nice day together yesterday. Have fun trick or treating tonight.

I hope everyone has a safe Halloween
Unread 11-02-2009, 11:46 AM

Hi ladies,

We had a nice weekend. Friday night the kids carved their pumpkins. They had fun. Saturday we relaxed at home all day, then I took lds and dd out trick or treating. It was cold, but they really enjoyed it and got lots of candy. We had alot of kids come to our house. They started coming before me and the kids left. DH and BDS said it was non stop for two hours. Sunday we got up and went to church. DD sang in both services. Then we went our for lunch. We stopped and got a few things and walmart and came home and relaxed for the rest of the evening. Today I cleaned my house. I'm going to relax now for a little bit until it's time to pick up the kids. I'm making chicken parmesian for supper. DD has a social studies test to study for tonight. She pretty much has it down, so we'll just go over it.

Lisa did you get alot of trick or treaters? Sounds like you had a good shopping trip. I hope you were able to get what you wanted to get done yesterday.

Scrapper I hope you had a good weekend.

Jan I hope everything is good. I miss hearing from you.

Have a good day ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2009, 01:52 PM

Hi ladies,

It has been a bit hectic around here this morning. My boss hosted a breakfast for the staff. It was very good.

Saturday wasn't a very good day. One of my sister's called me around 10am informing me that one of our cousins had passed away. It was a shock. She was 55 years old and had been a dialysis for several years. She went in her sleep. My aunt had gone to wake her up and couldn't wake her up so she called 911. Then later in the day I found out that my really good friend from work had lost her husband. he lost his battle with cancer. So it was a rough morning.

Later in the day we went to my dad's & sister's place for a bbq. Everything was really good. Lots of trick or treaters showed up...we went through 3 big bowls of candy. Dh and I took dd and my niece out for awhile.

Yesterday we went to the apple orchard. It was a beautiful day but unfortunately there weren't any apples to pick. the guy told us that they had a bad season due to a hailstorm they had in august. It knocked all the blooms off of the trees. He said that September is a good month to go. We took some nice pics...will send them out soon.

Lisa - nice that you got all your errands done at one time and even fit some shopping in. Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Hyper - you had a nice weekend...nice and leisure. Glad the kids enjoyed trick or treating .

Mrswillie - hope things are Ok on your end.

Have a good day.
Unread 11-03-2009, 11:01 AM

Hi ladies,

It was 28 degrees when the kids went to school this morning. brrr! I went and got groceries after I dropped the kids at school. I'm going to eat lunch and relax a bit. I'll stop by the video store on the way to pick the kids up. I want to see if they have UP. The kids wanted to see that when it was in the theatre, but we never did. I also have to stop at the library. I'm not sure what I'm making for supper. I guess I need to decide soon. Tomorrow lds and dd won't have school. We just got an email from the principal. 25% of the students are out with flu like symptoms, so he decided to close tomorrow. They are going to sanitize the school. BDS will be jealous that they don't have school and he will. Back to work for me tomorrow night. I've had such a nice break off.

Scrapper that was nice for your boss to host the breakfast. I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your cousin and your friend's husband. I will say a prayer for each of them and the families. How disappointing that you didn't get to pick apples. You'll have to try it next year. The apple picking is really fun.

Have a good day.
Unread 11-03-2009, 12:27 PM

Hi Ladies,

I thought you all probably thought I had fell off the face of the Earth! I am still around but what a year this has been. All the crazy work busyness and now the swine flu everywhere. We have been averaging 50-60 students a day gone for 2 weeks. Today we have 4 staff members out. So it has been crazy covering and doing regular duties. I am tired but still ok so far.

Things are going along at home. We had a busy weekend with Halloween. We carved pumpkins with GD on Thursday night and we had people over on Saturday night. Sunday I had to do errands and chores and I had a haircut. I am trying to eat well, sleep well, and walk for 30 minutes most days so I can try to avoid all these illnesses but I am starting to feel like it may be an inevitability around here.

Scrapper that was great news about DD's award!! I hope things go well with her hand. I look forward to the orchard pics.

Lisa your weather sounds gorgeous. I hope you are getting your energy back. It is so not like you to be dragging. I loved the photos of your bathroom it turned out great!!

Cindy it sounds like you are all settled in the new house/job. Believe it or not DH wants to see Up. Our video store is not getting it until the 10th. I wish our school would close to sanitize but they think this is just the start of a long season and don't have any plans to close unless the state tells them to. Oh well we will have to see how it all pans out. I hope you and yours stay healthy!

I have to head off to a meeting. Have a great day ladies!
Unread 11-04-2009, 09:53 PM

Hi girls

What a week it has been. Busy, busy and it's only half over. Tomorrow and Friday I have to work out of town. Supposedly our boss has hired someone, but she won't start for a couple more weeks. I am so tired of work right now. I have spent the past 3 days setting up my Christmas cards at my stores. Tomorrow I will continue at the others. I'm sick of Christmas already. I'm hoping for a good nights sleep to make tomorrow easier.

Tomorrow before I leave town I have to drop my kitten off at the vets to be fixed. I will pick her up on Friday after I get back in town. She will not be happy with me, I'm sure. I don't think the other two cats will miss her while she is away.

Our weather here has been so strange for November. The past two days it has been 80 degrees. It's cool in the mornings and then very warm in the afternoon. It is supposed to cool off some tomorrow and then cooler by the weekend. Crazy weather. I don't think I'm ever going to get to wear my thermals.

Cindy it sounds like you had a fun Halloween. We did have more trick or treaters this year. Lots of big kids. It sounds like you enjoyed your few days off. When you're working those days off are treasured.

Scrapper I'm sorry to hear about the losses in your life. Not a good way to start your weekend. Too bad there weren't any apples, but it sounds like you had a nice time there.

Jan it was good to hear from you. You are busy, busy, busy. Try and stay well. Everytime I hear someone coughing near me I head the other direction. I hope we can somehow escape this flu. GD looked really cute in her costume

I'm going to go clean up the kitchen and head to bed. The alarm will be going off too early in the morning.
Unread 11-05-2009, 11:33 AM

Hi ladies,

I worked last night and I work again tonight. This is also my weekend to work. They switched me from morning to eveing for this weekend. I'm not happy about that. I like getting off early on the weekends I work. I had requested a PTO day for Thanksgiving. I found out last night, it was denied. Someone with more seniority got it off. That's o.k., it's time and a half. Girl pioneers is having their bake sale this weekend. I've been baking all day. I made a loaf of pumpkin bread, a loaf of banana bread, a dozen chocolate chip cookes and a dozen snickerdoodles. I do have the day off tomorrow. LDS and I will probably do something during the day together. Well I have to do a few things before I head off to work.

Jan I'm glad to hear from you. You are so busy. But you seem to have a good routine for trying to stay healthy. Did you ever finish your quilt?

Lisa you are also busy. I'm sure you'll be glad when the new person starts. Your weather sounds nice. I had to laugh when you mentioned your thermals. I had forgotten about those. Don't worry, it'll hit 60 degrees soon enough.

Have a great day ladies.
Unread 11-05-2009, 01:14 PM

Hi ladies,

It has been busy the last couple of days. Tuesday I had 2 appts. The first one was to see the rheumatologist for my hand. I've had some pain/swelling on my right hand. The upper part of my palm and 2 fingers becoming stiff (trigger finger). So he said that this is a common problem with diabetics. Inflammation in the tendon. He is submiting an authorization to inject the thumb area as well. We will see if this helps. Then later that afternoon I had a dentist appt - my 6 month checkup. No cavaities, got my teeth cleaned. One problem with an old filling so it needs to be replaced...I go in next week for that.

Tonight going to the service for my friend's husband. I spoke to her yesterday and she is having a tough time. She said that her daughter has been her rock during this time.

We are having burgers for dinner tonight. I started my walks again during lunch and it felt great to get outside again.

Hyper - were you able to get UP? It is a good movie. We will have to try apple picking next Fall. that is too bad about your hours being changed for this weekend. What are your evening hours? You've been busy in the kitchen. For dd's Holiday concert they will be selling baked goods before and after the show. so I will be busy baking.

Mrswillie - glad to hear that you are doing well - just BUSY. Hope you can escape from getting sick. Did you get a flu shot? Good that you are taking care of yourself.

Lisa - I know you will be happy when the new person starts work. Hope your days of working out of town go well. We have to get Maxy fixed still. I need to call the shelter where we adopted him from to see if they have any openings. Our weather has cooled off considerably today.

Time to heat up my lunch. Have a good day.
Unread 11-05-2009, 05:36 PM

Hi ladies,

I hate this darkness after work. Yuck! We have had nice weather for the last 2 days. It is supposed to be nice weather this weekend too. 65 degrees. we are all looking forward to it!

Tonight we had red beans, rice, and smoked sausage for dinner. I need to throw some laundry in. DH is over helping his Dad. I will probably jump on the treadmill until he gets back.

Cindy I did finish the quilt. I had to because the shower was on the 24th. It turned out really well and she liked it alot. I am thinking about making one for GD's new room. It was not fun having to do it on all those work nights but if I did not have that deadline it would have been alot more fun. I used to do it alot and I forgot how good it feels to look at that nice, usable, finished product. I am sorry they switched your hours for the weekend. You sure did get alot of baking done today! It all sounds yummy. Have fun with LDS tomorrow.

Scrapper I did not get a flu shot. In our county they just finished the kids, now they are having clinics for pregnant women, then it will be people to age 24, I doubt they will have any left by the time they get to the rest of us, and it really is too late anyway so many people already have it. I hope that injection helps your hand. I am glad you are able to walk again. You are really good at keeping up with that. I am glad your friend has her daughter for support right now.

Lisa I am glad to hear they finally hired someone. I hope you get some rest tonight. Maybe your kitty will settle down after she is fixed and then the other 2 kitties won't mind her so much??? I know how you feel about running when someone coughs! I am trying to stay healthy but they are dropping like flies around here!

Tomorrow I have to do a peer mediator training so another busy day ahead! I better get that laundry in. Have a great day!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register