2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 365 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 01-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Hi ladies,

I had alot of small errands to run in town today. It's those type of little small errands that you think are going to be quick, but they are time consuming. DH had a school board meeting last night so the kids and I just relaxed and watched some t.v. Tonight I'm making stuffed green peppers for supper. Back to work tomorrow, so I'm hoping to have a relaxing evening.

Scrapper that's great that dd found 4 pairs of jeans. I have a hard time finding 1 pair. I'm sure it makes quite a difference with everyone back to school. It's nice you got to enjoy a little quiet when you first came back from your vacation. My kids have a holiday on Monday as well. That's good that you're able to get back to the low impact aerobics. I can imagine you're sore. No pain, no gain they say.

Have a good day ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2010, 09:04 AM

Hi ladies,

We are having a stretch of 30 degree weather and it feels good. Scrapper and Lisa you probably think I'm crazy that 30 degrees is feeling nice. Yesterday I served hot lunch at school. I wasn't going to do it this year since the only day open was Wednesdays and I work on that day. But then I decided since I don't have to be at work until 3:00 I would try it. I pick up the food, help prepare and serve, but I leave as soon as we're done serving and another mom comes in to help clean up. So far it's o.k. I'm a little rushed when I get home to get things done before I leave for work, but I'll keep doing it as long as it doesn't get too stressful. I came home and ate lunch did a few things around the house and went to work. Today BDS is home sick. He has nausea and diarhea. I hope it's only a 24 hour bug. I have to be at work at 2:00 today. I'm doing some laundry and I cleaned lds and dd's bathroom.

Have a good day ladies.
Unread 01-14-2010, 10:04 AM

Good morning ladies,

The last couple of days at work have been busy. Yesterday was a non-stop day. I was tired by the time I left. I had to leave 30 minutes early because I had therapy for my hand.

Today when I get home from work dd and I are going to the gym. My girlfriend from middle school will be coming over around 7pm. They are leaving for Hawaii tomorrow morning for her brother in law's wedding. She is leaving their house keys with me so I can get their mail and put it in the house for them. I'm excited for them..first time there.

Hyper - I'm sure that 30 degrees does feel nice compared to the weather you were having earlier. Hope BDS feels better very soon. Have a good day at work.

We had a riany day yesterday. By the afteroon it had cleared up but it was cold and windy. We will be having a wet week next week...3 storms coming in. It is supposed to start on Sunday.

Mrswillie and Lisa - hope you are doing well.

Have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2010, 02:50 PM
Smile - 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Hi girls

It was another busy week last week. Supposedly they have hired another person for the out of town stores, but she won't start until the end of the month. There are still 4 stores there that need to be serviced. I went on Thursday last week and I guess I will be going back again this week. This is getting beyond old.

The beginning of last week we had some really sunny days. DH was off on Tuesday and he helped me get the rest of the outdoor lights down. They're all packed up and ready for next year now. We had bad fog towards the end of the week. It has just started raining and that is what they are calling for all week. We have 4 storms lined up in the pacific waiting to come in. Some forecasts are for 6-8 inches, which won't be good. We need rain so desperately, just not all at once. I'm thankful that the creek in back of us is very low right now. I'm sure by the end of the week it will be full. Yesterday was a semi nice day, so I spent some time out back working in the yard.

Yesterday I got my grocery shopping done and went and got my hair trimmed. It had been a few months since I had it trimmed. She cut off a good inch. I knew the rain was coming, so my plan was to not have to leave the house today. I am making a pot of creamy potato soup and a pot of chicken noodle soup for dinner tonight. We can eat off of them for a few days.

Scrapper it sounds like work has been busy. I'm sure your friends will have a blast in Hawaii. I'm glad your dd was able to find some jeans. They are the hardest thing for me to buy. Get ready for the rain, because it's coming

Cindy I hope your "heatwave" is still with you. It sounds like your hot lunch serving will work out with your work schedule. Sometimes it would be nice to not always be so rushed. Maybe when we're retired that will happen. I hope your bds is feeling better and he didn't share with anyone else.

Jan I hope your feeling 100% now. This stuff really wore me out. I finally feel back to normal. I hope you had a relaxing weekend. Happy belated birthday to your ODD.

I'm going to go and finish up some housework. DH is working today, so I am enjoying the nice quiet house.

Have a great week
Unread 01-18-2010, 10:01 AM

Hi Ladies,

Well I still have not been feeling my best. 2 days last week I was so tired that I could not even do the dishes after dinner. That is not like me. I went to the doctor and he ordered a bunch of bloodwork. I went in for that this morning. For the last 3 days I have slept in until 8 or 8:30 and I am still ready for bed at 9. I do not look forward to my 5 am wake up tomorrow. That is the only thing I don't like about going to work. I really do better when I can wake up later. Hopefully I'll hear about the bloodwork Tues or Weds.

Last week was my first full week with the intern. It was ok. A bit frustrating sometimes to not have a minute to myself. We had a lot going on last week so she got a baptism by fire so to speak. She was excited about it though. Ahh to have her youth and enthusiasm!

I have GD with me today. I wanted to sleep in so that ruled out bringing her to daycare. ODD will get here at 3 so I am hoping to have some relaxing this evening.

Lisa potato soup sounds really good. I hope you don't get all that rain. It has been grey and dark here for 3 days now. But at least it is in the 30's right now. I hope it is for you too Cindy. Scrapper I hope you are enjoying MLK day at home.

Take care ladies!
Unread 01-19-2010, 10:47 AM

Hi ladies,

Well the weekend really wasn't a weekend for me. Since they switched me to the evening shift. I got up and showered both days spent a little time with the family and went to work. Saturday DH took DD and 3 of her friends out for lunch and to the mall of america. They all had a good time. DH even suffered through the american girl and barbie stores! Yesterday the kids were off and so was I. We went shopping. We had a really nice day out. Sunday was DH's birthday, but since I had to work we celebrated last night. We had cake and ice cream and the kids each got him a gift while we were out yesterday. It was a nice evening. My schedule was changed this week. Instead of working Wed. and Thurs. I'm working today and Wed. I cleaned my house this morning and did some laundry. I'm going to relax a little bit until I have to leave for work. We are still enjoying our "heatwave", but they're predicting another big snow storm this weekend. I hope they're wrong. The snow from the other storm is just now starting to be all melted.

Lisa I hope it helps some when the new person starts at work. I'm sure it was good to get the rest of the lights down. Lisa I love creamy potato soup. Sounds good. A good meal to hunker down with. I hope the storms pass you by.

Scrapper going to Hawaii sounds really nice right about now! How nice to have a wedding there. I hope your wet weather is letting up.

Jan I hope everything turns out well with your bloodwork. You are probably still having affects from the double pneumonia. I would imagine it takes awhile to really feel 100% again. Please let us know how the bloodwork turns out. I can understand what you mean with the intern. I have been training someone the last few shifts and it's hard to not be able to have a moment alone. I work with all young gals. I wish I had their energy.

Have a good day everyone.
Unread 01-19-2010, 12:17 PM

Hello ladies,

Our weekend was nice and it sure was great having an extra day off yesterday. We didn't have lots going on. Saturday evening we went out to dinner and to see Princess and the Frog. It was very cute. Sunday we went to drop flowers off at the cemetery and as we left home it started raining. It had just started so we went quickly. We went to 5:15 mass and then off to the market.

Yesterday we slept in and it felt great. The rain continued since it started on Sunday afternoon. There were periods of very heavy rain and howling wind. I had a therapy appt for my hand at 3pm, and I called to cancel. It was raining very hard at the time I was going to leave. So we spent the day relaxing and watching TV. I was on the couch with a blanket. Dd was getting her backpack ready and I helped her study. Finals start today. She has a really nice schedule this week. Tues-Thurs minimum days - out at 12:40. Friday no school - semester break. We had steak, baked potatoes and salad for dinner. It came out really good. Today it is pork chops.

The next storm is coming in this afternoon. It will be raining all week. Just looking out the window it looks so dark. I hope it waits until dd gets home as she walks home. I told her if it is raining after school if she could ask her friend's mom to give her a ride home.

I will be leaving work at 3:00pm today - just 30 minutes early as dd has a dentist appt today.

Lisa - that is good that they finally hired someone for the out of town stores. Soup is perfect for the cold, rainy weather we are having.

Mrswillie - hope the bloodwork explains why you are feeling so tired. I wonder if you are anemic...do you take vitamins? I would want some time to myself as well. The intern sure got a nice welcome with a busy week.

Hyper - did your weekend shift get changed to evenings permanently? That is great of dh to take dd and 3 of her friends to lunch and to the mall. I'm sure the girls had a great time. I don't know if my dh would do that. My dd still loves the american girl doll. She has the Samantha doll. Sounds like dh had a good bday.

Have a great day ladies.
Unread 01-20-2010, 08:36 AM

Hi ladies,

Last night at work I did training with another girl. They've hired 3 girls. Today I'm serving hot lunch at school then I'll come home for a little while, then I have to go to work. After tonight I'll be off until next Wed. It has been getting a little colder these past couple days.

Scrapper your weekend sounds nice. Your steak dinner sure did sound good. That's nice that dd has a light week. I hope the rain holds off until she get's home. They didn't change my weekend schedule permanently. Occasionally if they are going to be short staffed they will switch me to the evening.

Have a good day.
Unread 01-20-2010, 09:32 AM

Good morning ladies,

The rain started around mid-morning yesterday and continued through the evening. Another storm coming in today and it is supposed to be the worst one.

Dd ended up walking home yesterday and got soaked. She is better prepared today. She wore her boots, rain jacket and also took an umbrella with her. I hope it isn't too bad when she gets out of school.

Her dentist appt went well yesterday -6 month checkup. They had filled a cavity in July an part of the filling came off. It may need a root canal but they won't know until they remove the rest of the filling.

Today I have a therapy for my hand at 3:30 so need to leave 30 minutes early. I will just work through my lunch time and eat at my desk.

Hyper - you will have a nice break from work after today.

Well off to do some payroll. It is due tomorrow but I want to get a head start on inputting the time.

Have a good day.
Unread 01-21-2010, 09:53 AM

Hi ladies,

I now have a nice little break. I'm glad to have some days off, but I do miss my people when I'm not working. I've become quite attached to them. Today I'm just giving myself a day for me. I watched a little t.v. this morning. I'm listening to music now. I'm just going to hang out and relax until it's time to pick up the kids. Tonight I'm making steak, baked potatoes and salad for supper. Scrapper, you made me hungry for that with your good dinner the other night. When I left work last night there was freezing rain. It was hard getting to my car, because the sidewalks were slippery. But the roads weren't too bad. Today it is just wet. LDS and DD got their report cards yesterday. They did well. All a's and b's for dd and all S's and E's for LDS. The high school mails out their report cards, so we haven't recieved bds's yet. I hope he did well. He's been having trouble this quarter. Tonight we don't have anything planned. I'm looking forward to just relaxing and spending time with my family.

Scrapper poor dd getting soaked. She is prepared today, so it should be better. I was watching Ellen this morning and she was talking how it was pouring rain. Good to hear dd's appt went well. Hopefully she won't have to have the root canal. Hope all goes well at your appt.

Jan and Lisa I hope your week is going well.

Have a good day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register