2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 367 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 01-28-2010, 11:53 AM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Good morning ladies,

I took dd to the doctor yesterday, and she has a throat infection. They gave her antibiotics. She started taking them last night and is home from school again today.

Well they implemented furlough days for us. We have to take 4 days starting next month through May. One day a month. I already selected my days and am putting the calendar in my boss's mail for her approval. I picked days based on dd's school schedule. Like parent conferences, minimum days. etc. One of the days I am volunteering with her choir group. they are participating in a choir festival and then going to Knott's Berry Farm. There are 2 parents and the teacher on the bus with the kids.

Hyper - the rain this time around was brief - late MOnday night into Tuesday night. Now it is sunny and mild. My drive in the morning is usually 20 to 30 minutes. I start work at 7am so traffic isn't too bad. I leave work at 3:30 and it takes about 30 to 60 minutes depends on traffic & weather. Your weather sounds so cold. I would be so frustrated as well with dh not doing his duties. They get so used to us taking care of things that it becomes quiet an adjustment for them to handle. Sorry about the added stress you had before school this morning. Have a good day at work.

Well back to work. Have great day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2010, 09:17 AM

Hi ladies,

I have the day off today and then this is my weekend to work. The kids are off school at noon today. I think we will rent a movie and have frozen pizza for lunch. It's too cold to really go out anywhere. It was 9 below this morning. Tonight I'm making spaghetti for supper and then just plan of having a relaxing evening. I'll have to get to bed early. I don't know what we'll do this weekend when I get off work. It depends on how cold it is. DH's slot car friend who was diagnosed with cancer, had surgery yesterday. DH is going to go see him at the hospital tonight. Apparantly the surgery was really hard on him. I can imagine. I'm keeping him and his family in my prayers.

scrapper I hope dd is feeling better soon. She will have the weekend to rest up. At least your furlough days can coincide with dd's schedule. The ladies who work in the offices at my job have to take two furlough days a month. This economy has hit everyone hard. DD's choir festival and knotts Berry Farm sounds like fun. That's nice that you are going.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Unread 01-29-2010, 02:43 PM

Happy Friday ladies!!!!

It sure has been a busy one for me with work and doctor/dentist appts for me and dd.

I went to they gym after work and then picked up dinner on the way home. We had tacos. Relaxed and watched TV the rest of the evening with dd. Dh was watching something else in the bedroom.

Not too much going on this weekend. Tonight we will relax and watch TV or a movie. I may do the marketing as well so that can be out of the way. Tomorrow is scrapping day with my friends. This time we are going to my best friend's house. she wants to host it this time around. On Sunday we will probably catch up with my sisters.

Hyper - dd went back to school today. She didn't want to miss another day of choir. She's been taking her meds and rested for 2 days. Then she has the weekend too. Yes, I am glad that we can pick our furlough days as long as we have adequate office coverage there shouldn't be too much of a problem. Enjoy your leisure afternoon with the kids.

Have a good weekend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2010, 09:52 AM

Good morning ladies,

Hard to believe it is February already...that sure is quick.

We had a good weekend. Friday was pretty relaxing. Dd and I went to get chinese food for dinner and came back and watched TV. Later in the evening I started to get my scrapbooking supplies ready for Saturday.

Saturday morning I went to the gym and got the marketing done. Dd went to tutoring. My best friend was hosting our scrapping day at her house. We got to her house about 2pm. We had a good time. We scrapped until about 6pm and then had dinner and watched a movie. it was fun.

Yesterday dd and I went to church. Later in the afternoon we went to the cemetery and met my sisters. We went to dinner after that.

Dd is feeling better and has another 2 days of her antibiotics.

Well go to get to the mail. Have a good day.
Unread 02-01-2010, 10:00 AM

Hi ladies,

Yes, it is hard to believe it's Feb. already. I made it through my work weekend. Since they switched me to evenings the last weekend I worked, I haven't done a day shift in awhile. It was hard getting up. Saturday evening we went out to dinner. I was really tired when I got home from work yesterday, so we just relaxed all day and ordered a pizza for supper. I have today off. I did a little cleaning this morning. I'm working on my laundry. I really am in need of getting groceries, so our cupboards are getting bare. I'm going to run up the the local market and pick up something to make for dinner. I think I'll get some pork chops. I haven't made those for quite some time. DD has bb practice after school. We don't have any plans for this evening, which is fine with me.

Scrapper sounds like you had a nice weekend. It really sounds like you had alot of fun with your scrapping friends. What a nice day. I'm glad your dd is feeling better.

Have a good day.
Unread 02-02-2010, 08:26 AM

Good morning ladies,

I got some good news yesterday. My grocery delivery service that I used to use, is now delivering in my town again. I placed my order yesterday and it will be delivered today. I'm so happy. I haven't had time to get to the grocery store in awhile and our cupboards were bare. So, this was perfect timing. I don't know if you remember me telling you they were bought out by another company some time ago, and when that happened they pared down their delivery area. I know alot of people in my town utilized it, so they must have decided it would be beneficial for them to expand back into our area. Last night we ended up going out for dinner, then came home and dh helped dd with her math homework and I cut out B pictures with lds. BDS told us yesterday in his writing class they are studying shakespeare. They now each get an ipod touch during class time. It has audio books on it and then at the end of class the teacher gives them a small amt of time to play with the ipod. He was really excited. Now he wants one of his own. We told him if he can keep his grades up maybe he could get one for his birthday. It snowed last night. Not too much, but just enough to be a nuisance. It was slushy and slippery out there this morning. I have to work today. I need to run a quick errand in town. Then I'll just hang out at home for a little bit until it's time to go.

Have a good day ladies.
Unread 02-02-2010, 11:58 AM

Hello ladies,

It has been a busy morning, and I have lots to do. Today I have to leave an hour early for dd's dentist appt. This is the tooth that may need a root canal. I"m hoping not and that they can fix it without doing that. Tomorrow is my first furlough day. No appointments or anything scheduled so I am planning on enjoying it. I get to take dd to school and pick her up. I'm leaning towards tackling my closet since no one will be home - no interruptions, etc.

After the dentist dd and I are heading to the gym. WE are having baked chicken with mashed potatoes tonight.

We got dd's report card over the weekend, and she did well. She got 3 A's, 2B's and a C-. in Algebra...that is the subject she struggles with.

Hyper - that is great that you can have your groceries delivered again...yeah!!! That is one less thing that you have to go out and do. Dd told me as well that they are studying about shakespeare in her English class. I'm sure the kids are excited about using the ipod touch in class. That is a great incentive for bds. Have a good day at work.

Our weather is changing this week again with more rain on its way. It will be off and on through the weekend. I'm hoping it isn't as heavy as those last storms we had.

Back to work...I want to make sure I take care of all that needs to be done for today. Have a good day!
Unread 02-03-2010, 10:02 AM

Hi ladies,

I got my groceries yesterday. They were actually delivered after I went to work. DD put them away for me. It was nice to come home from work and the kitchen was stocked with food. This morning I vacuumed and mopped the floors. I had to wash my uniforms as well. I work today, then I don't work again until next wed. I'm looking forward to my time off. It is cold today. I'm really looking forward to spring.

Scrapper I hope everything went well with dd's dental appt. I hope she doesn't have to have the root canal. Congrats on her report card. BDS' subject that he struggles with is civics. He likes the class, but it is hard for him. I hope you are enjoying your furlough day. I know what you mean about tackling a project when noone is home. You can get much more accomplished without interruptions.

Lisa and Jan hope to hear from you soon.

Have a good day.
Unread 02-04-2010, 03:28 PM

Hello ladies,

Whew - it sure has been busy today. What one day off does to the workload. The one good thing is that it made my day go by quickly.

I did enjoy my furlough day. I slept in a little, took dd to school and went to Target and filled the car with gas. Nice shopping without any crowds...now I don't have to do the Target run over the weekend. On the way home I stopped off and got a mani & pedi and my eyebrows done. I worked on my closet for awhile before going to pick dd up from school. We then went to the gym.

Dd's dentist appt went well on Tuesday. She didn't need the root canal after all. They were able to fix it...yeah!!!!

Hyper - great that your groceries arrived. Nice of dd to put them away for you and that your cupboards are stocked again. I did vacumming yesterday. Tonight or tomorrow I will do the mopping. After today you will have a nice break from work.

Lisa and Jan - we miss you...hope all is well.
Unread 02-05-2010, 09:50 AM

Hi ladies,

I worked Wed. night. We were short staffed and somehow I hurt my back. It has been really sore. I don't have to go back to work until Wed. I'm trying to take it easy. Hopefully it will be better before next week. Yesterday I filled out some paperwork that bds' needed for school. Then I watched a little t.v. Last night I made pork chops for supper. Lds and dd took their baths and then we played a game before they went to bed. Today I'm doing a little laundry. I have to run an errand in town. I just remembered I need to take something out for supper tonight. I think I'll make lemon chicken.

Scrapper I'm glad you enjoyed your day off. The mani, pedi, and eyebrow wax sounds nice. I'm glad you were able have some time for yourself. It is nice shopping during a weekday. It's more relaxing without the crowds. That's good news that dd didn't have to have the root canal. I'll bet she was happy.

Lisa and Jan hope all is well. Check in when you can.

Have a good day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register