2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 368 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 02-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

TGIF ladies!!!

It is a rainy day here today. The rain will last through tomorrow night. It's pretty steady right now.

Yesterday was my last appt for my hand therapy. She wants me to continue my exercises for another month on my own. So far the injections have helped. We will see what happens at my next appt with the rheumatologist.

Last night I went to the gym. Dd didn't go because she was studying for an English test they are having today. I'm hoping she gets a ride home today after school. She did wear rain boots today and has her umbrella.

Tomorrow morning dd is taking the mock SAT at her school. Her best friend (goes to another school) is coming over in the afternoon. They haven't spent much time together in quite awhile.

Since it will be raining, we will stay in. I know they will keep themselves occupied. I have things to do...laundry, marketing, and maybe even some scrapping.

Hyper - hope your back feels better soon. That is good that you have a break from work so that it can heal. Sounds like you had a leisure evening last night. Lemon pepper chicken sounds yummy. Yes, dd was veryhappy she didn't need the root canal. She was just numb from the shots and sore from keeping her mouth open so much.

Have a good weekend!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2010, 12:18 PM

Hi girls...I'm still around I just went back through and caught up on everyones posts. You girls have been busy. Work is going to be horrible the next two weeks with Valentine's Day coming up. I took yesterday off and am enjoying my 3 day weekend, before the craziness starts. The cards haven't really starting selling yet, so I know the end of the week will get really busy. I have to work next Saturday, so it will be a long week. I emailed my boss last weekend about the out of town stores and never go a reply. I haven't gone there in 2 weeks and hope that the new person has started. If not, they will be a disaster. Hopefully she won't email me and need us to go this coming week. With my luck, that will be what happens.

We are having rain again today. It is supposed to rain all day. Our storms a couple weeks ago got us some much needed water. It wasn't fun while it was here, but we survived. The problem we had was the one day we had the strong winds. The ground was saturated with water and then the 60 MPH gusts hit. We had trees down all over our neighborhood. The neighbors across the street lost one tree. The tree fell and was blocking the street. The city came through with a tractor and just pushed it off to the side. The next day they came and took the bigger parts and pushed the rest of the brush off to the side. It took 5 days to get it totally cleaned up. Luckily with this storm it's just the rain and no wind.

Yesterday I got all my errands done and don't plan on leaving the house the rest of the weekend. DH is working today and tomorrow and I am enjoying having the house to myself. Today I slept in until 9 and once I get off of here I am going to jump in the shower. I plan on spending the day getting my house back in order. I am going to make dips and goodies for the super bowl tomorrow. DH will probably get off early tomorrow and we will just watch the game and snack on the goodies.

A few weeks ago dh went and had some blood work done. We went a couple weeks ago and got his results. He is having to make some drastic changes in his diet. So far he is doing very well. It showed that he is borderline diabetic and the Dr. said he has "metabolic syndrome". I have been very encouraging with him and trying my best to make healthier meals. He weighed yesterday and has dropped 7 pounds. He goes back in April for more blood work and hopefully it will show some improvement. Of course, most of the stuff we are having tomorrow isn't healthy, but he will just have to remember moderation. The Dr. would like to see a 40 pound weight loss, but said anything he can do towards that will be good.

Jan I hope your blood work came back OK. Check in and let us know how you are doing.

Cindy it sounds like you have adjusted very well to the job and the different hours. It is hard on the dhs when they have to take on some of the at home responsibility. Congrats to your lds and dd on their grades. Enjoy your time off and I hope your back starts feeling better. The rest will be good for it.

Scrapper I'm glad your hand is doing better. It sounds like you enjoyed your first furlough day. Our school board is discussing next years budget right now and it's not pretty. Matthew is once again in jeopardy of losing his job. He will be glad when they make the final cuts and he knows one way or another. I'm glad your dd didn't have to have the root canal. How exciting about her braces coming off in a couple weeks. Enjoy your relaxing weekend.

I need to go and get things started around here for the day. Have a great weekend
Unread 02-08-2010, 09:31 AM

Good morning ladies,

We had a nice weekend. Saturday we ran a few errands and went out for dinner. Yesterday we had our friends over to watch the superbowl. We made a pot of chili and had some snacks. It snowed last night and is still snowing now. The roads were not plowed this morning and the drive to take the kids to school was not fun. I got stuck trying to get back into my driveway, but I finally wrangled my way in. I hope I can get back out when it's time to pick up the kids. I am really surprised they didn't close school today. It is supposed to snow all the way through tomorrow morning. They say by the times it's done we could have up to 14 inches. I'm thinking they may close school early today. I'm doing my laundry today. I had to get he kitchen cleaned up this morning. I was tired by the time our friends left and decided to leave the mess for today. My back is getting better, but still not 100%. I'm hoping by Wed. it will be all healed.

Scrapper it sounds like you had a relaxing weekend planned. I look forward to hearing about your weekend.

Lisa it's good to hear from you. We missed you. I'm glad you go to have a 3 day weekend before the Valentine chaos. Even better to have the house to yourself. I hope that dh is able to lose the weight. That's good that he already lost 7 pounds. All the rain you and scrapper have had doesn't sound like fun! I hope you have a good week and hope to hear from you again soon.

Jan we miss you, hope to hear from you soon.

Have a good day ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2010, 03:51 PM

Hello ladies,

We had a relaxing weekend which worked out great because of the rain we had. It rained basically all day & night on Friday. We just relaxed on Friday evening and watched TV. Saturday monring dd took the SAT (practice). When I picked her up, she said "remind to never do that again." She looked wiped out. We picked up lunch on the way home. Her best friend was coming over after 2pm. They arrived and gave each other their Christmas gifts. Her friend had gone to Colorado for the holidays. Her mom and I caught up as we hadn't talked in awhile. The girls played Wii and Sing it. I went to do marketing and got dinner going. We watched Fame...it was good. Melissa got picked up around 10:30. They had a good time.

Yesterday dd had her religious class in the morning and they provided breakfast for them. She said it was a good session - lots of interactive activities. We all went to the gym in the afternoon and relaxed watching TV. I cut out coupons and looked through the sale ads. Dd was working on homework as well. She has the day off today for Lincoln's bday. Our school district at home gets both of the president holidays. Where I work we get next Monday off.

This week we have not appointments or meetings after work...I get to go straight home. At least we can get to the gym early. We are having burgers for dinner.

Lisa - nice to hear from you. That is great that you are enjoying a 3-day weekend. Good luck with the valentine's day craziness. That was some rain we've been having. Dh is making some good progress. Any weight loss will help get his numbers in the normal range. Good luck to him. Have a good week.

Hyper - that sure is lots of snow!!! Hope you didnt' have too much trouble getting out of your driveway to get the kids from school. Hope your back continues to feel better. Sounds like you had a nice weekend.

Have a good day.
Unread 02-09-2010, 02:49 PM

Hi ladies,

It sure has been a busy morning. Although the phones haven't been really busy it just everything else.

It is another rainy day here...it started shortly before noon. This storm is supposed to be here through tomorrow morning. We will see how heavy it gets this time around. I'm leaving 30 minutes early today. Dd and I are going to go talk to the coordinator of confirmation at church. We want to make sure that she has completed all of her community service hours that are required. I think dd is done, but we want to make sure.

Not much else planned this evening. We'll go to the gym and head back home for dinner. Beef enchiladas on the menu for tonight.

Hope you are all having a good day.
Unread 02-10-2010, 10:12 AM

Hi ladies,

School did end up closing on Monday at 1:00 and they closed all day yesterday. I did get stuck getting out of my driveway Monday, but luckily I was able to wrangle my way out. BDS shoveled when he got home from school. DH shoveled again last night, so I had no problem getting out this morning. Yesterday dd went to a friends house and the boys and I just relaxed and watched t.v. together. I made burgers for supper. Today I go back to work. It was a nice break. I'm really going to miss my family tonight. My back is just a little sore today. I'm hoping we'll be full staffed tonight. I don't want to do anything to flare it up again. DH is going to take bds for a haircut tonight.

Scrapper sounds like your weekend was good. That's nice that dd had fun with her friend. How nice that you don't have any appts. this week. You have been very diligent with the gym. I admire your willpower. I can't believe all of the rain you've been having.

Have a good day.
Unread 02-10-2010, 11:26 AM

Hi ladies,

It looks like the rain is gone for today. It rained all afternoon and into the evening. This morning was wet and cold...42. I wore my coat today as it was really cold when I opened the garage door.

Dd and I went to the gym when we got home. On the way home stopped at the market and headed home to finish making dinner. We relaxed and watched some TV. Dd had finished homework at school. She stayed after school in the library and said that she may start doing that.

Hyper - you had a nice break from work. Hope your back does ok with work. That was nice to be able to spend some time with the kids being home from school. Was it hard for them to get up this morning? Yes, we sure have had lots of rain lately. Looks like we will be dry for at least a week. Yes, I have been very consistent going to the gym. I also am a weight watcher member. As of last weekend I am down 17 pounds. Dd has lost 7 since she's been going to the gym.

It is a little on the quiet side. My boss had to report for jury duty today. So I have things to get done. I"m going to work on payroll...more paperwork involved with the furlough days.

Have a good day.
Unread 02-11-2010, 08:57 AM

Good morning

I made it through work yesterday. We were short staffed, but I worked with a girl that is really nice. Her and I work well together. I told her about my back and she helped me with a few of the harder residents. When I got home my back was o.k. It's still a little sore, but it wasn't any worse than when I went to work. Today I have to run out in town and get something for dd and lds to take to school tomorrow for their valentine parties. They already have their valentine's made out and ready, but they each need to bring a treat to share with the class. I have to work again today, then off Friday, then it's my weekend to work.

Scrapper I'm glad your rain stopped. Congrats to you and dd for your weight loss. That is great! I'm really proud of both of you for your committment. It was a little hard for the kid's to get up yesterday morning, but not too bad. They are off again Monday for presidents day.

Have a good day ladies.
Unread 02-11-2010, 02:28 PM

I have to retype my message - it didn't post for some reason.

Today hasn't been too hectic. My boss was in the office in the morning and had to report for jury duty in the afternoon. She hopes she doesn't get selected as a juror because the case is a 3 week case.

I may go out during lunch for a walk. It looks nice out but I"m sure it is cool out. I like to go out when I can for some fresh air then I come back refreshed and can get through the rest of the afternoon.

Yesterday dd brought home a calendar for the activities going on in choir for March...they will be busy. I have to put these dates on my calendar to keep them straight.

Hyper - glad that work went well and that your back is feeling ok. You having to go buy valentine treats for the kids reminded me that dd hasn't said if she wants to get anything for her group of friends. I'll need to ask her after school. I'm looking forward to the president's day off as well. Yeah an extra day to sleep in.

Have a good day.
Unread 02-12-2010, 12:39 PM

Hi ladies,

Work was o.k. last night. I actually got off at 9:30 rather than 10:00. That half hour does make a difference. I'm off today, then I work this weekend. On Sunday, I'm working the evening shift. Today I met a friend of mine for coffee. Tonight I have a sunbeams meeting. We are making prayer boxes. We are decorating shoe boxes. They will attach a bible verse to the box and cut a slot in the top. Whenever they have something to pray for they write it down and put it in their box. When their prayer is answered they take it out. I'm tired today. I'm glad the kids are off Monday. I'm planning on sleeping in a little. It is really foggy here today. Visibility is very poor. I hope it clears out a little before tonight.

Scrapper sounds like dd will be busy with choir for March. Did your boss get selected to be a juror. That sure would be a long 3 weeks. It is nice to get out and get fresh air. It clears your head and just makes you feel better.

Have a good weekend.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register