2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 370 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 02-25-2010, 07:51 AM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Hi ladies,

I'm feeling pretty good now. I have to take the antibiotics for 10 days. Yesterday I just relaxed until I had to go to work. Work wasn't bad. We were full staffed, so it wasn't too hard. Today I'm doing a little laundry and then Ill head off to work a little later. Tomorrow me, dd and lds are going shopping. I've noticed this week that lds must have had a growth spurt. His sleeves in his shirts are getting too short and his pants are too short. Boy that happened right before my eyes! I don't know what I'll be able to find as they are already bringing out spring clothes. I'm hoping I'll find some good clearance items. He just needs a few things to get him through until it gets warm enough to wear shorts and short sleeves.

Scrapper I guess it would feel strange to not have your braces on after having to wear them for so long. I'll bet she's glad though. Hope the choir meeting went well. The concert is just around the corner.

Have a great day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2010, 03:33 PM

Hi ladies,

It turned out to be a busy day. My boss didn't come into the office this morning. She worked from home and then headed to jury duty. She emailed and called me a couple of times with things to do.

Dd and I are going out shopping when I get home. I told her let's rest for awhile before we head out. We have to stop at Target and then to a couple of stores in the mall. We're going to see if we find a dress for her confirmation as they don't wear robes.

Tomorrow my best friend and I are going to go see The color Purple. We are going to a matinee show and then going to dinner after. We are looking forward to catching up with each other.

We have more rain starting this evening through tomorrow. It is supposed to be pretty heavy too.

Hyper - hope you and the kids had a good shopping day. Even better if you found some good clearance sales. I remember those growth spurts. Glad that you are feeling better - the antibiotics have helped you fairly quickly.

Have a great weekend.
Unread 03-01-2010, 08:29 AM

Good morning ladies,

I can't believe it's Monday. The weekend flew by. Friday lds and dd were off of school. We went shopping and I found 3 pair of jeans and 4 shirts for lds on clearance. We got dd's Easter dress. They were 40% off, so I decided I might as well get it now. Now I just have to get her shoes to go with it. After we shopped we went to lunch. Then I surprised them and took them to the movie to see Alvin and the chipmunks the squeakquel. We got back to town just in time to pick up bds. Saturday I worked. DH took lds and dd to his friends house. His friends wife was out of town and he has two kids the same age as lds and dd, so the guys messed around with slots while the kids played. BDS didn't want to go, so when I got home from work, I took him out to eat and then we came home and watched a movie together. Sunday I worked and I was pretty tired when I got home so we just made sandwiches and relaxed at home. I'm off today. I'm doing laundry and a little cleaning.

Scrapper I look forward to hearing about your weekend. It sounds like you had some fun things planned.

Lisa and Jan hope all is well. We miss hearing from you.

Have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2010, 01:48 PM

Good morning ladies,

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Ours was nice. Dd and I went out shopping on Friday evening. We made our first stop at Target and finished that up. Then we headed to the mall. We looked at several stores and she bought some things at Old Navy. A black lightweight sweater, tank tops, and a pink pullover sweatshirt. what is nice about the sweatshirt is that it is 3/4 sleeve...very cute. I didn't find much. I bought dh 2 shirts for the gym that were $5 each. On the way home we stopped to get dinner. We relaxed the rest of the evening.

Saturday I went to the gym in the morning. My best friend and I caught up and finalized our plans for the play. We went to see The Color Purple a matinee show. It was amazing!!! We loved it. It was a full house. We were out around 5ish and then went to dinner. We went to a mexican food place and good food. We left there around 8pm. It was a great day.

On Sunday had to catch up...did marketing, some laundry-not done yet. Dd and I went to church and then met my sisters at the cemetery. We went to dinner after that and were home by 6.

We did have some heavy rain Friday night and off an on Saturday. Dd said that it hailed. One of our neighbors has a satellite dish in their backyard, and dd said that it was filled with the hail. I'm glad it wasn't raining while my friend and I were driving. I don't like driving in the rain.

My boss was here this morning. So it was somewhat busy. The phones have quieted down as they have been busy.

Hyper - sounds like you found some good deals shopping on Friday. That was a good idea to get dd's easter dress. If you waited, the next time you went out to look for it you might not find it. That has happened to me before. So now when I see it and find the right size when they are on sale, I just go ahead and buy it. That was a nice surprise to go to the movies. Did they like the movie? It was a cute movie.

Starting on Wednesday we will be busy with dd's concert. So we are trying to get things organized and ahead on her homework so she won't be stressing out. The Wednesday is an open rehearsal which will end by 7pm. Thursday and Friday they do 2 shows each night and won't be done until 9:30 or so.

Jan & Lisa - hope that all is well with both of you. We miss you.

I'm getting hungry so going to get my lunch. Have a great day.
Unread 03-02-2010, 10:03 AM

Hi ladies,

Last night I made steak for supper. I helped dd with her homework and cut out pictures that started with the letter N with lds. We watched some t.v. after that. I cleaned all of the bathrooms and washed the towels this morning. I have lds' bedding in the washer now. He has been wetting the bed a couple times a week for the last few weeks. I'm not sure what's going on. He hasn't wet the bed since potty training. I'm thinking if it keeps up maybe I should take him to the doctor. I have to work today, so I'm going to relax a little. I just have to put lds' bedding in the dryer and then back on his bed.

Scrapper you had a full, nice weekend. I'm glad dd found some things. It sounds like you had a great day out with your friend. That's nice. I can understand why you don't like driving in the rain, I feel the same way about snow. Wow, you are going to be busy with dd's concert. But I know it will be nice. My kids did like the movie. It was really cute and we saw the first one when it came out.

Have a good day.
Unread 03-02-2010, 12:42 PM

Hello ladies,

It has been a hectic morning. My boss came in for a few hours. Everyone keeps asking me how much longer she'll be on juryduty. All I tell them is that it is a 2 week case and this is week 2. I don't know when they will start deliberating.

It is looking pretty grey out today. We will be having rain this evening and tomorrow. Then more for the weekend. We have been getting lots of rain lately...we need it though.

Dd and I are heading to the gym when I get home. Then back home for dinner and her homework. She has an English project due on the 24th. They have to write a paper 4-6 pages on a debatable topic. She chose Are the DUI laws too lenient? Each week they have something due on the project. The outline is due tomorrow.

Tomorrow they have an open rehearsal and they have to dress in their outfits. so I'm going to help her get everything ready while she is doing her homework.

hyper - we are having steak for dinner tonight. I wonder what is going on with lds. any changes at school, drinking too much fluids in the evening?? If not, maybe then have him checked out to make sure that all is fine. yes, dd's concert will be nice. She told me that I have to be there at 7pm on Thursday evening since I am working the 8pm show. We (the parents) help with the dessert and snacks they serve during the show. Hope your day at work goes well.

Have a good day
Unread 03-04-2010, 09:49 AM

Hi ladies,

Yesterday I cleaned my house then I had to work. I'm off now until next week. I ran a few errands this morning. Tonight BDS is going to see the movie Percy Jackson with school. There are about 25 freshman signed up to go. They are going with their english teacher. They are studying mythology and he though the movie would be fun. BDS is excited, he wanted to see the movie before he knew the teacher planned this. He has to be at school at 6:30 pm. They are riding the school bus. Then I will pick him up from school at 9:45 pm. I'm making tacos for supper. Tomorrow the kids only have a half day. I might plan something for us to do when they are out.

Scrapper I think your dd picked a good topic for her english project. Does she have alot of homework? BDS seems to have alot of homework this year. I don't think there is anything going on with lds at school. I think I'll try limiting his drinks in the evening. He really doesn't drink alot after supper, but maybe what he does drink is too much. I'll see how it goes. I hope the concert goes well tonight. I know it will.

Have a good day.
Unread 03-04-2010, 12:49 PM

Hello ladies,

I'm enjoying the quiet as the phones aren't very busy today. My boss came in for 2 meetings this morning then she left around 9:45. Close to 11:00 she called and said she was coming back to work. The judge was out ill today.

Tonight is the first night of the choir concerts. Dd said that her group did well at rehearsal last night. She has to be back at school at 5pm. I'm going to leave work at 3:00 today, pick up dinner so that dd could eat before I get her to school. The shows are at 6 and 8. I have to report for duty at 7pm to work my shift. I'm looking forward to watching the performance tomorrow.

Dh and I work for the same school district. I mentioned the budget cuts the other day so he called me yesterday morning with some bad news. His current position has been cut effective at the end of the school year. As of July 1st he bumps back to his former position but that is with a $20,000 salary loss. So we are feeling some anxiety. We will have to sit down and list out our bills and start planning how to go about this. For sure we will have to be on a tight budget.

Hyper - enjoy your time off from work. How has your back been feeling lately? I'm sure bds will have a great time at the movie this evening. Yes, dd does get quiet a bit of homework. The classes that she has homework in daily are spanish, algebra and english. Choir and physics is all classwork and no homework for PE.

Back to work. Have a great day.
Unread 03-08-2010, 09:48 AM

Hi ladies,

We had a good weekend. Friday the kids had a half day. In the morning at lds and dd's school it was grandparents/special person day. Since we don't have grandparents that live close I went. We went to a short chapel. Then we had breakfast and played bible bingo. I went to lds's classroom after that and did a project with him and then I went to dd's class to do a project with her. It was fun. We picked up bds and went to lunch. The I dropped bds at home and me and the other two went back to school. I am still on the pto planning commitee. We had to make the invitations for our silent auction coming in April. There were lots of kids there, so my kids got to play. Saturday DH and BDS went to the auto show. Me and lds and dd went and got groceries and made a run to target. We stopped and had dinner on the way home. Sunday we went to church. LDS's class sang. Afterwards we relaxed most of the day, I did my laundry. We had sandwiches for supper. This morning I cleaned the house and now I'm going to relax until it's time to get the kids from school. I'm making cheeseburgers for supper.

Scrapper I'm so sorry to hear of DH's job situation. That is a significant pay cut. These economic times are very scary. DH and I are always worried about what could happen with our jobs. It makes me sad when I see it directly affect my friends. I think you are doing the right thing in sitting down to list all of your expenses.

How did the concert go? I'm sure it was wonderful! I look forward to hearing from you and about your weekend.

Have a good day.
Unread 03-08-2010, 10:35 AM

Good morning ladies,

We had a nice weekend. It started with us going to dd's choir concert. My dad, sisters, and one niece came as well. It was a great performance. I loved dd's group. They did very well, and I enjoyed their dance moves. Dd was really into the singing and dancing. My family enjoyed it.

Saturday I got together with my friends for scrapping. So I got all of my supplies and packed the car. After I picked dd up from tutoring we headed to my friend's house. We are taking turns hosting. We had a great time. We scrapped, ate, and watched a movie. A perfect girls day. We've scheduled our date for next month already.

Yesterday dd and I went to the gym came back home showered and went to church. We had some lunch and then I took her to her friend's baby shower. Her friend is a senior and is having a baby...she's due in April. While dd was there, I did the marketing and some laundry. I still have a couple of loads to finish. I watched the oscars off and on.

Hyper - your weekend sounds really nice. That is nice that you got to spend some time with the kids at school. Good that you are relaxing until you have to pick the kids up. We are having burgers for dinner tonight too. We have nothing going on this week after work. It will be nice to relax after last week's busy schedule. So we will be going to the gym once I get home from work this week.

Have a good day. I'm taking a walk during lunch to go to the post office. I need some stamps so that gives me an excuse to get out. Looks like a dry week. We did have rain Saturday afternoon through the evening and some showers yesterday afternoon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register