2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 373 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 03-26-2010, 02:57 PM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Happy Friday ladies,

My boss is on a furlough day today as well as several other staff members. It has been a rather quiet day. Today also is the last day for the schools before spring break.

During lunch I went on a walk to a farmer's market not too far from work. I bought a bouquet of flowers and a scarf that will go with a dark gray top I have. I've been looking for one but haven't been able to find one. I had seen one at Old Navy once but didn't get it. When I went back to get it - gone.

No plans this evening...just relax. Tomorrow will be rather busy. i have a haircut appt and dd hs to be at church at 9am for a reconciliation service for her confirmation. Then she's off to her tutoring session at noon. I"m hoping to relax the rest of the afternoon or go to a movie. Sunday dd has dance practice and her religious ed class in the afternoon.

Have a great weekend ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2010, 02:05 PM

Hello ladies,

It is spring break for our school district this week. So our phone calls haven't been very heavy. It is a good time to catch up on things that you've put off. I'm going to print the time cards for April - June so I will be prepared.

Our weekend was nice and not too hectic. Saturday I went to the gym in the morning, got my haircut and did marketing. We just ended up staying home and relaxing. I bought a roasted chicken for dinner and then made some sides. Yesterday dance practice for dd was cancelled. her friend said that the choreographer couldn't come. So we had a leisure morring and afternoon. Dd had her religious ed class in the afternoon and then I met her at church.

Today is the district choir festival...the local high schools will be performing. It is at dd's school so it is close to home. I'll be leaving 30 minutes early so I can help dd with her hair. she has to be back at school at 5pm. Dinner is ready so all she has to do is warm it up. the concert starts at 7:30.

Dd's spring starts on Friday. On thursday they have a minimum day. I'm looking forward to the time off too. I'll be training the girl that will cover my desk while I'm off in the next day or so. I started a list of things to review with her.

Hyper - hope you enjoyed your weekend. I know the kids are excited to be off for a week. Enjoy the time off with them.

Have a good day.
Unread 03-29-2010, 07:40 PM

Hi ladies,

Friday dd was in the school spelling bee. 3, 4, and 5 grades competed against each other. DD came in 3rd. She gets to move on to the district spelling bee where she will compete against 3,4 and 5th graders from another school. She is nervous about that one. But she was in it last year and she did really well.

I worked this past weekend. Saturday when I got home, dh went to play with his slot car friends. The kids and I spent the afternoon and evening relaxing. We had a whatever night for supper. Sunday we went out for dinner.

I have the week off with the kids. Today we just relaxed and spent some time together. Tomorrow DH is taking a pto day and now we have to seriously look for a vehicle. Our little saturn finally died on us. When I went to leave for work Sun. morning it wouldn't start. It still won't start. We have a list of cars to look at tomorrow and we are hoping we like one of them. I hope so too. It's no fun having one car. The timing really stinks. I had planned on doing a few things with the kids this week. But if we don't find anything tomorrow I will just take dh to work and pick him up. Luckily he only works about 18 miles from our house. So not too bad.

I made pasta for supper. LDS and dd already took their baths so we will have a relaxing evening.

Scrapper you had a nice weekend. I hope the choir festival goes well. Are you off with dd for her whole spring break?

Have a nice evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2010, 12:36 PM

Hi ladies,

My first post didn't post...some tehcnical problem. So here I go hope I remember what I said.

The choir festival was very nice. The four high schools performed individually and then as oen big group. They all sound so nice....such talent. Dd asked how they sounded...I said very nice...all your practice paid off. It started at 7:30 and lasted about an hour. I think we were home by 8:45. Dd has 2 more concerts before the school year ends.

Hyper - congrats to dd on the spelling bee. Good job and good wishes for the next level. That is nice that you get to spend the week with the kids. I'm wishing you luck today when you go looking at cars....hope you find one today. At least you have a back up plan set.

I am taking all of next week off and looking forward to it. Morale is low at work...with all the cuts, furloughs and not knowing what is going to happen next school year we are feeling the stress. The week off will be a nice mental break away from work. We leave for San Diego on Tuesday and come back on Thursday. The other days will be spent on projects at home...I need to tackle my scrapbook room and dd wants to clean & re-organize her room. We are planning on having a yard sale on April 10th...dh has accumulated computer stuff and I have shoes, clothes, books, etc.

I'm taking a walk during lunch. I need to go to the post office for stamps. Have a good day.
Unread 04-01-2010, 08:16 AM

Hi ladies,

It's been a nice week so far. I'm going to hate going back to work. Our weather has been wonderful. In the high 70s each day so far. We did go car shopping on Tuesday and we found a car. We bought a BMW X5. It's an SUV. When we started out looking DH had it on his list, but I thought it would be way to expensive. But he's a car guy and really wanted to look at it so we did. We drove it and both really liked it and it turned out that it was the same price as we paid for our mini van which we got a good deal on. So we bought it. It is a 2002 model and it's blue. I'll take a couple pictures and send them.

Yesterday the kids and I went shopping. We got dd a pair of easter shoes and the boy both got a new shirt to wear on easter. We went out for lunch after shopping. I had to take dh to work that morning because we didn't have the new car yet, so we picked him up from work and headed out to get our new car. The kids were really excited. DH took it to work today, but he told me it could be my car if I wanted it.

Today I'm not sure what we'll do. The kids are still sleeping so I think I'll jump in the shower before they wake up.

Scrapper I'm glad the choir festival went well. I'm glad you have all of next week off. You are right it will be a good mental break.

Have a good day.
Unread 04-01-2010, 12:14 PM

Good morning ladies,

I think I'm catching a cold. I felt it coming on yesterday. I've been sneezing, runny nose and a slightly scratchy throat. One more day of work and then I"m off.

Last night we went to a smart start driving class for teens. It is given by the Calif. Highway Patrol. The two officers were really good. They interacted with the teens. It was all about safe driving and what not to do...very informative.

Today I have an appt with the rheumatologist. The two injections have helped me lots. I have full range of motion. The therapy must have helped as well. After that appt I will go downstairs and have my back xray done so that I can schedule my next follow appt with the surgeon.

Dd and I will go to the gym when I get home. I need to stop at the market after that. I want to get a ham for Sunday. Easter will be at our house.

Dd has a minimum day today and her spring break begins. I know she's happy and looking forward to sleeping in and relaxing.

Hyper - congrats on your new car. That is a nice SUV. Glad your weather has been really nice. Sounds like you've been enjoying the week. Enjoy your day today.

Well back to work. I'm wrapping up the March payroll. Hard to believe another month has gone by.

Have a good day.
Unread 04-03-2010, 02:51 PM

Hi ladies,

I'm so enjoying my time off. Yesterday me and dd had a girls day out. We went shopping for a while. DD found a cute little purse on clearance. She wanted to see the movie "The Last Song" It was so sad. It started out kind of funny and light, but then it turned sad. There were alot of teenagers there and they were all bawling crying. I wanted to cry, but I held it back. DD said she wanted to cry too. After the movie I stopped and got a haircut and then we went to applebees for supper. DH took the boys to his friends house and he and his friend and bds race slot cars and lds played with DH's friends son who is 7. When we got home the boys were still gone so we put our jammies on and watched some t.v. together. It was a nice day.

Today we are going to dye eggs. I just boiled them and we're waiting for them to cool. Then I'll have dd and lds get their baths. We are going to order pizza for supper and have a relaxing evening.

Tomorrow for Easter we are going to church. Then we'll come home and the kids will hunt eggs. Then we are going to easter brunch.

Scrapper I'm sure you are glad your spring break is here. I hope your cold is better. That was nice that you went to the safe driving. Did it make your dd more ready to get here license? I hope you and your family have a Happy Easter. If I don't hear from you before you leave on your trip I hope you have a good time. I look forward to hearing about it when you get back.

Lisa and Jan I hope you both have a Happy Easter. We sure do miss hearing from you both.

Have a good day.
Unread 04-05-2010, 11:58 PM

Hi ladies,

Hope you had a very nice Easter. Ours was very nice. We went to noon mass and the family came over around 3:00ish. WE had lots of food and desserts. I made everyone take dessert home as I didn't want any of it...too much temptation. My dad, sisters, brother, and nephews, nieces, brother in law and one of my sister in laws came over. It was nice having them all over. Good weather too..just breezy. The kids enjoyed hunting for the eggs. I was tired by the time everyone left.

This morning I had a mammogram appt. I also went across the street to the hospital to pick up my back xray on a cd. Now I just need to schedule my follow up appt. dd and I went to the gym and came home. We had leftovers for dinner and watched TV.

We leave tomorrow for San Diego. I still need to pack my things. I think we are leaving around noon. We have to drop our 2 dogs off at the vet's office for boarding. We will be back on Thursday. I checked the weather and it will be in the high 70's...very nice.

Hyper - your girls day out with dd sounded just perfect. Dd wants to see The Last Song too...I should make sure I have kleenex in my purse. MY cold is better just slight sniffles now and a little congestion. Dd enjoyed the safe driving class. She didn't say anything about wanting to get her license soon. We will see.

I agree with Hyper - Lisa and Jan we miss you. Hope you are both well.

Talk to you when we get back. Take care.
Unread 04-06-2010, 09:38 AM

Hi ladies,

We had a nice Easter as well. We went to church. LDS and dd hunted their Easter eggs after church, then we went to brunch. It was yummy. We came home and relaxed the rest of the day.

The kids had one more day of spring break yesterday. We ran a few errands and went out for dinner. It was hard for everyone to get up this morning. It was a nice spring break and it was a little sad that we all have to go back to the real world now. I have today off then I go back to work tomorrow. I actually miss my residents, I'll be glad to see them.

I think I forgot to tell you my ODS and his girlfriend are having another baby. She is due June 8. They just found out they are having a girl this time, so they are happy. I'm happy for them, but still disappointed that they haven't gotten married. This will be their 3rd child and they've been together for 8 years. It's really hard for me to keep my mouth quiet about it when I talk to him, but I haven't really said anything. I feel bad because my other kids know they're not married and I don't want them to think that's o.k. We've tried to raise our kids with good Christian values. Don't get me wrong I love ODS and my grandkids and his girlfriend, I just wish they would take the plunge. Well enough about that.

Scrapper your Easter sounds wonderful. It's nice that you had your family over. Sounds like a perfect day. I'm sorry, I hope I didn't spoil the movie for you by telling you it was sad. If you go see it, you will enjoy it, but definitely bring your box of tissues. I hope you have a great time on your vacation. I can't wait to hear about it. Have a safe trip.

I will check back in later in the week when you are back.

Have a great day.
Unread 04-12-2010, 01:48 PM

Hi ladies,

I'm back. We got back from San Diego on Thursday afternoon. Although it was a short trip, we had a good time. We arrived on Tuesday and just relaxed and went out to dinner that day. Wednesday is the day we spent at Sea World. It was nice becasue the hotel offers free shuttle service to Sea World so it worked out perfectly. It was a warm day. We did lots of walking and watched all of the shows. The dolphin show is closed as they are expanding that area. It re-opens the memorial weekend. We stayed until closing time which is 9pm during the spring. Thursday morning we went to breakfast and came back to pack. It was a nice getaway.

On Friday we went to an aquarium in another city that we had been wanting to go to. It is mostly indoors with some exhibits outdoors. It was very nice.

Our weekend was nice as well. Saturday we went to my sister's house for a bbq to celebrate my brother's bday. It turned out nice and we didn't leave until almost 10pm. Yesterday dd had dance practice and her religious ed class. We had already picked a dress for her that she had but now we have to go look for a new dress. It has to be a light colored dress because they are wearing white gowns. The dress she has is purple. So off we go to look again. i told her we will go to a different mall this time.

We didn't make it to the movies after all. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

Hyper - hope things are well with you and the family. Are you enjoying your new car? Congrats to ODS and girlfriend. A baby girl..how cute. She's due on my bday. It would be nice if they did get married.

Well back to work. It has been a busy day...lots to catch up on. Have a good day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register