2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 374 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 04-12-2010, 01:01 PM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Hi ladies,

Let's see, last week I went on a field trip with dd. We went to the science museum. It was alot of fun. DD's district spelling bee was Friday evening. I felt bad for her. She was really nervous and she missed the second word she was given. The word was different. She spelled it differant. So, she didn't place. When she got out she came to sit with me and dh and she buried her head in my shoulder and cried. I told her not to be upset that dh and I were proud of her for making it this far. This was my weekend to work. Saturday we grilled some chicken and sat outside. While I was at work Sunday dd and lds made some new friends across the street from us. They were playing when I got home. DH met the parents while I was gone, so when I got home we walked over there and I met them. They are nice. Today I went grocery shopping. I can't remember when I last did a regular shopping. We were out of everything. We are stocked now. My work shedule has changed for this week. I'm working tomorrow morning the 6am to 2pm shift and my regular Wednesday shift. I now have Thursday off. I don't mind because since this will be my weekend off I will have 6 days off after Wed.

Scrapper I'm happy to hear from your. Your trip sounded like the perfect getaway. I'm glad you all had a nice time. That's too bad that the dress you had picked out won't work. But, I'm sure she'll find a nice one. ODS's girlfriends due date is popular. My friend who is expecting is also due on that day, and now your birthday.

Well it's almost time for the kids to get off school, so I'll go for now.

Have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2010, 01:58 PM

Good afternoon ladies,

I just got back from a walk. It is a nice, breezy day. The air is crisp...perfect day for walking. I bought an angel figurine for dd's religious ed director. She works so hard to run the program. Dd tells me stories about how some of the kids act and it is sad that they don't respect adults. Dd says that they aren't ready to be confirmed.

Yesterday when I got home, dd and I got dressed and went to the gym. Before we left I put things out (pans, etc) on the stove so that when we got back all I had to do was heat things up. We had chicken tostadas for dinner. We also stopped at a store to look at dresses. She tried on a few but no luck.

Tonight we will go check another store before we head to the gym. I'm also working on writing out her invitations for Confirmation. My goal is to get them in the mail by the end of the week.

Hyper - glad that you were able to go on the field trip with dd. I always enjoyed that when I was able to go. So sorry to hear that dd didn't place in the spelling bee, but she did go far to reach that level. Congrats for that!!! How nice that dd and lds made some new friends so close to home. Verynice that you got to meet some new neighbors. You are going to have a nice work break after Wednesday.

Time to heat my lunch up...I"m hungry. Have a good afternoon and evening.
Unread 04-14-2010, 08:37 AM

Hi ladies,

Yesterday I worked the day shift. Although I work the day shift on my weekends, it's very different during the week. All of the supervisors are there and there is a lot more activities going on for the residents. I work today then I get my 6 day stretch. Last night we had spaghetti for supper. LDS had his new little friend over our house yesterday after school. DD went to her friends house. I think I mentioned that her friend from school now only lives a block from us, so dd can ride her bike over. After supper I gave lds a bath and then we relaxed and watched t.v. BDS is going on another movie field trip tomorrow night. They are going to see Clash of the Titans. He's excited about that. It is very windy today. I hear things blowing around on our deck. I might have to put the chairs in the garage, I don't want them to blow away.

Scrapper I hope you and dd had good luck last night looking at dresses. BDS says the same thing about some of the kids in his classes at school. He said he feels sorry for the teachers because some of the kids are so disrespectful. I'm glad BDS and your DD realize that. When is dd's confirmation?

Have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2010, 12:06 PM

good morning ladies,

I overslept this morning. Dh woke me up at 5:53..I guess I fell back asleep after I turned my alarm off. I put the TV on so I can watch the news while I get ready, but I noticed that the volume was on low. I got ready very quickly and was out of the house by 6:15. Luckily traffic was light.

I had a dermatologist appt this morning for some areas on my face that are dark. He said that it is related to hormones and sun exposure. He also asked if I was 50 yet....must be an age thing as well. I will be 50 in June. He prescribed some ointments that will help lighten the areas. I see him again in 3 months.

Dd and I had success last night in finding a dress. It is a spring/summer dress with a floral print. the colors are pastel...lavendar, blue and teal. She likes it and the way it fits...that is what counts!!!! We also bought a strapless bra. We will still go to the mall on Friday as she wants to see if she finds a dress for her best friend's sweet 16 in June. I finished the invites last night as well. Just need to include some directions on some.

Dh took a vacation day today. he's finishing working on our taxes. dd was excited because she won't have to walk home today...she'll call dh to pick her up.

Hyper - that is nice that dd and lds have friends close by. How exciting for bds going to another movie field trip. Dd's confirmation is on May 1st..I"m glad it is a Saturday. they are having 2 ceremonies because there are lots of kids. We lucked out and got the 1:00pm time. I know I"m amazed at some of the stories that dd tells me about other kids. I am glad that our kids do recognize that. Hope the wind settles down.

I have some miscellaneous things to take care of here. Have a good day at work.
Unread 04-15-2010, 11:45 AM

Hi ladies,

Yesterday I did almost all of my laundry before I went to work. It was really piling up. We got a letter yesterday at work that they are going to be making some cuts. One girl in another unit was let go on Monday. But, I'm hoping it won't affect me. They are weeding out the employees that call in sick excessively, who aren't doing things they are supposed to be doing. The letter said that supervisors will be closely monitoring employee performance. There were supervisors in each unit last night observing us. It was nerve wrecking.

Today I had to run out and get lds a pair of shoes. Last week his shoes were hurting his feet, those little feet are growing. I had been letting him wear his crocs until I could get out to buy him shoes, but yesterday his teacher sent a note home and said crocs were not allowed, so luckily I found a pair of in his size. I'm hoping they will fit. I don't like going without the kids with me to try them on. I got him a pair of skechers and they light up, so I know he'll like that.

Tonight BDS is going to his movie field trip. I have to drop him off at school at 6:15 they are taking a school bus, and then I'll pick him up at 10:00. I'm making bbq pulled pork sandwiches for supper. I put the pork in the crockpot this morning.

Scrapper I'm glad dd found a dress. It sounds really pretty. Wow, her confirmation is just around the corner. That was lucky that you got the 1:00 time. I hope the ointment the dermatologist prescribed helps.

Have a good day.
Unread 04-15-2010, 01:57 PM

Hello ladies,

I mailed the invitations out this morning. So I'm glad about that. Now I need to plan on what we will serve for lunch. I also need to make an appointment for dd's hair..she wants it curled.

When I got home yesterday, I watered both in the front and back yards. It sure needed it as it was pretty dry. Then I went to the gym. Dd stayed home as she wasn't feeling well and had homework to do. When I got back, we had dinner...we had pork chops with mashed potatoes and salad.

Dd has a 5pm tutoring appt today. I had to reschedule from her regular Saturday session. We have a baptism Saturday morning. My youngest sister is the godmother. It's her best friend's baby. so while dd is at tutoring I will go to the gym.

Hyper- it would be nervewrecking having the supervisors watching you do your job. Hopefully you won't be affected by these cuts. It sounds like they are letting go of the employees that aren't doing their job. Hope the shoes fit little lds. Yes, dd's confirmation is 2 weeks away. I'll make sure to share the pictures.

Have a good day.
Unread 04-16-2010, 08:59 AM

Hi ladies,

Yesterday lds and dd went to play at the kids house across the street for a little while before supper. The pulled pork turned out good. BDS went to his movie. He had a good time. He said the movie wasn't as good as he expected, but he still had fun. I helped dd finish a science project that was due today. LDS's shoes fit perfectly and he really liked them. In fact he said one of the other boy's in his class has the same shoes.

Today I'm cleaning the house and doing the rest of my laundry. Tonight dh and I have to go out to dinner with a vendor. I really don't want to go, I'd rather have a relaxing evening at home, but it will be fine I'm sure. This weekend we have to go look at lawn mowers. It's getting to be about that time that dh will have to start mowing. I'm not sure what else is going to happen this weekend. No definite plans, we'll just play it by ear.

Scrapper I'm sure it's a good feeling to have the invitations sent. There is so much preparation, I'm sure you'll be relieved when everything is in place. I will look forward to seeing the pictures. I hope you have a good weekend.

Have a good day.
Unread 04-16-2010, 09:37 AM

Good morning ladies,

TGIF!!! It was hard getting up this morning. I wanted to continue sleeping. HOpefully I get to sleep in this weekend.

I got home around 4:30 yesterday. I changed into my gym clothes and left to drop dd off at her tutoring session. I headed to the gym. The timing worked out great. I picked dd up and we picked up Subway for dinner. We had half for dinner and brought our other half for lunches. We stopped off at CVS to drop my prescriptions off. Well they told me that my insurance didn't cover them. The total would be $245 for both....there is no way I can afford that. I will have to call the dermatologist and let them know.

This evening dd and I are going to the mall. Her best friend texted her yesterday telling her "I need you." So dd asked her what happened. It turns out her best friend is getting her ears pierced this evening at the same mall we're going to. So we are going to meeting them there. Dd told her friend that she would hold her hand.

Tomorrow morning we have a baptism at 10:30. They are having a lunch at 1:00pm. So hope to be home late afternoon and relax the rest of the evening. On Sunday no plans and dd has no religious ed class. So we will go to church and probably meet my sisters.

Hyper - glad that the shoes fit lds just right. that is nice that the kids have new neighbor kids right across the street. Are they around the same age? I know what you mean about wanting to stay home and relax instead of going out to dinner this evening. Enjoy your weekend.
Unread 04-20-2010, 09:38 AM

Good morning ladies,

I'm so sleepy this morning. Had a hard time falling asleep last night. It was 11pm and I was still awake. Also dd woke me up to tell me that she couldn't fall asleep. So I'm feeling it this morning. I will have to get mor coffee this morning.

Dd's cold got worse over the weekend. So I had her on cold meds through the weekend. She started to feel better yesterday even though she is still congested. She really can't miss school this week because it is the last week of the grading period. She also has a spanish project and a test in algebra today.

Our weekend was nice. Friday evening we met dd's best friend & family at the mall. her friend got her ears pierced and dd said that her friend squeezed her hand tight. Saturday we went to a baptism. My youngest sister was the godmother to her best friend's baby. he is so cute. On Sunday we went to pick up a dress we had on hold. This is the dress that dd will wear for confirmation...she found another one. Since it is strapless she will wear a shrug over it. The rest of the day was pretty relaxing. Dd was home the rest of the day resting.

Yesterday my boss brought me a beautiful floral arrangement for administrative professional day/secretaries day. The colors in it are purple, yellow roses, and green flowers. Very pretty.

We are expecting rain later today through Thursday. It is looking pretty gray out there. Hopefully it won't be raining during the lunch hour as I wanted to get out for a walk. If it's raining, I will walk in the parking garage.

Hyper - hope your dinner Friday evening went well. How was your weekend?

Have a good day.
Unread 04-20-2010, 01:20 PM

Hi ladies,

Our weekend was very nice. Friday night dh and I went out for dinner. Even though I wanted to stay home and relax, I'm glad we went. The food was good and it was a very relaxing atmosphere. Saturday we all ran a few errands and had dinner on the way home. Sunday we went to church and came home and relaxed the rest of the day. DH grilled pork steaks and chicken for supper. Yesterday DH took a vacation day, so we went pricing patio furniture for our deck. We aren't quite ready to buy yet, but wanted to get an idea of what we want. DH grilled burgers last night. Today I ran to kohls and got dd a couple pairs of capris and a couple tops. It's been unusually warm here for this time of year. She can wear capris to school, but she had grown out of hers from last year. On my way home BDS called me to tell me he was sick and to pick him up. I picked him up and luckily was able to get a drs. appt. He has fever, chills and a bad sore throat. They did a strep test, which won't come back until tomorrow. If it's strep they'll prescribe antibiotics. If it isn't strep and he isn't feeling better by the weekend, they want me to bring him back in to test for mono. Out of the two, I hope it's only strep. Tonight I'm making tater tot hot dish for supper.

Scrapper sounds like you had a nice weekend. I'm sorry insurance didn't pay. Isn't that awful to have insurance and still not be covered on certain things. That was nice that dd could be there for her friend. Does dd have pierced ears? Whenever there is a baptism during our church service the babies are so precious. I just want to snuggle them up. How nice of your boss to give you the floral arrangement. It sounds beautiful. The kids across the street are mostly boys and there are two that are 6 like lds and 2 that are 8. They have 2 sisters but they are 4 and 5. So it's great for lds. DD's friends from school live close, so it's easy to get them together. DD does like going across the street with lds when she's not with her friends. She's really good with younger kids. She'll make a good babysitter when she gets a little older.

Have a good day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register