2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 375 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 04-21-2010, 09:40 AM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Hi ladies,

Last night lds and dd played with their friends until supper. BDS stayed in bed. I haven't heard from the doctor yet, I'm going to call them if I don't hear from them by noon. I have to work today. I forgot to tell you my favorite resident who I cared for died last Friday. He was very special to me and I'm so sad. But he was 90 and had been having some serious health issues in the last month, so now he is at peace. This is the hard part of my job. His funeral is Friday in the chapel where I work. My schedule was changed this week, so I'll actually be working the Friday morning shift, but my supervisor will let me go to funeral. This would be my weekend to work, but since they ask me to come in Friday day, they gave me Sunday off. So that will be nice. I ran a few errands this morning. I'm going to mop the floor and then just relax until I have to leave for work.

Have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2010, 12:15 PM

Hello ladies,

We got some rain yesterday early afternoon. So of course it was a rainy drive home. It took me an hour to get home. They are predicting scattered showers through tomorrow. So far none today. I told dd to take an umbrella just in case.

Last night I went to the gym and then stopped at the mall. I found a pink shrug to go with dd's dress. so we are set with her outfit. I stopped at a hair salon but wasn't pleased with the customer service I received so I will take my business elsewhere. Today dd and I will stop at a hair salon much closer to home. We need a 9:00am appt or so because dd has to be at church at noon.

We had lemon pepper chicken breasts with baked potatoes...it was really good. tonight we are having beef tacos. I swept and mopped after dinner last night...looks better.

Hyper - glad you enjoyed dinner out Friday evening. Oh how fun, shopping for patio furniture. Nice to get some ideas on what you want. I like kohls because they have some really good sales. We were just there on Monday. Hope bds feels better soon and hope it isn't strep or mono. Maybe it is a throat infection. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Yes, dd has her ears pierced and loves shopping for earrings. She's been wanting birthstone earrings. I think I may get them for her confirmation. I'm sorry to hear about your favorite resident. At least he is at rest now. That is nice that you will be able to attend his funeral.

Have a good day.
Unread 04-22-2010, 08:43 AM

Hi ladies,

Work went o.k. last night. The unit isn't the same without our resident that we lost there. His things are still in his room for now. I had to go in there a couple of times to care for his room mate, it was hard. Today I stopped at a few garage sales after I dropped the kids at school. I didn't find anything, but it was fun just looking. The doctor's office called yesterday. BDS does have strep. They started him on an antibiotic. He will not be able to go back to school until Monday. I hate for him to have to miss this much school, but it can't be helped. I work tonight and then again tomorrow morning and Saturday morning. LDS was excited, he got invited to one of his classmates birthday party. It will be at the bowling alley here in town. It's not until May 8. I'd better go get a few things done before work.

Scrapper I'm glad you have dd's outfit all squared away. I hope you have better luck at the salon close to your home. Birthstone earring would be a nice gift for dd's confirmation. My dd also loves shopping for earrings. Your lemon chicken breasts sounded so yummy. We are supposed to get rain on Friday and lasting the whole weekend. Hope you're having a good day at work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2010, 09:07 AM

Good morning ladies,

Dd and I went to the gym last night. She was feeling better and wanted to go. I made her cover up with her hood on becasue it was cold and windy. We didn't stop at the hair salon, but we will go today before we head to the gym. I want to get that scheduled. May 1st is prom day for lots of schools in our area and surrounding areas. So I need to schedule an appt. quickly.

My boss won't be in until after noon today. She has medical appts this morning. I"m hoping it won't be too busy so I can get some things done. The most important is payroll...it is due today.

Dd and I will stop at Target after the gym. It is the next shopping area over across the street. There are a couple of things that we need.

Hyper - it will be hard for awhile with the loss of your resident. I enjoy looking at garage sales too...never know what you can find. Sorry to hear that bds does have strep. Hope the antibiotic kicks in quickly so that he can start to feel better soon. I agree missing school at the high school level is so much harder especially with all the homework they have to make up. How fun for lds being invited to the bowling birthday party. Those are always fun.

Our weather has been cold this week...mornings are 48 to 50 and stay in the low 60's throughout the day. We didn't get showers yesterday just the winds. The weekend is warming up to the 70's.

Have a good day at work.
Unread 04-23-2010, 01:07 PM

TGIF ladies!!!

I'm taking home some of my flower arrangements today. I got 3 and 1 plant arrangement. I'm going to leave the plant arrangement here so I can enjoy it daily. I got them from my boss, a director, and 2 coordinators for secretaries week.

Dd has a hair appt scheduled at 9am next Saturday. It works perfect since she doesn't have to be at church until noon. I will finalize all of the plans, food, etc this weekend. My cousin is coming to clean and she was available on the day before. It worked out just right.

Tomorrow is scrapping day with 3 of my girlfriends. We are looking forward to getting together. We always have a great time. Dd has a retreat from 11:30am to 6:30pm. She said that they are boring, and i told her to go in with an open mind.

On Sunday, I believe dd has dance practice. her best friend usually lets her know late Saturday what time they are meeting. Dd has rehearsal for confirmation on Sunday at 3:00pm. they will also get their gowns that day. Her sponsor is my goddaughter. My goddaughter has always called dd her godsister. So it is perfect.

This evening I will probably do the marketing so I don't have to worry about squeezing it in on Sunday.

Hyper - I know this morning at the funeral must have been hard. I hope that bds is feeling a little better and much better by the weekend. Enjoy your weekend. At least you have Sunday off.

Have a good day. I think I'll heat my lunch up now.
Unread 04-26-2010, 11:09 AM

Hi ladies,

We had a nice weekend. Friday I worked the day shift. The funeral was hard, but now there is closure. Friday evening was our church silent auction. DH and I went to that. They had a soup bar with breads, crackers and lots of desserts. The food was really good. I worked Saturday. DH and dd were out running errands when I got home, so I took the boys out for supper. Then we all met up at home and relaxed the rest of the evening. I was off on Sunday since I worked Friday. We went to church and then stayed home. The kids played outside. BDS started feeling better on Friday and by Saturday he was pretty much back to normal. He still has to take him antibiotics until Friday. This morning I went out to get groceries. My friend just called and asked if I want to go for a walk. We are going to meet up about 1:00. I'm making tacos for supper.

Scrapper I hope you had a good time scrapbooking with your friends. I'm glad you were able to get a hair appt. for your dd that works out well. That was so nice that you got all the flower arrangements. I think it was a good idea to keep the plant at work to enjoy. I look forward to hearing about your weekend.

Have a good day.
Unread 04-26-2010, 03:35 PM

Good afternoon ladies,

It was really foggy this morning but it burned off and it is a nice sunny day out. I went for a walk during lunch.

Our weekend was nice. Friday evening after dinner dd and I did some cleaning. She helped me quite a bit. Once the dining room was done, I started to bring my scrapping supplies to the table. We relaxed for awhile before it was time for bed.

Saturday dd had her retreat from 11:30am to 6:00pm. I dropped her off once I was back from the gym and dh was going to pick her up. My friends arrived shortly after 1pm. I had started scrapping before they arrived. We had a great time cathcing up with each other and sharing pictures that we were scrapping. Two of my friends had to leave at 5 so that left me and my girlfriend from middle school. She left around 7pm. I got 9 pages done so was pleased with that. Before everyone left we set our next scrapping day for May. When dd got home, she told me all about her day. it sounds like it was nice. The rest of the evening we relaxed and watched TV.

Yesterday we got to sleep in and it felt great. After breakfast dd and I went to the gym. She didn't have to be at church until 3pm for confirmation rehearsal. They were getting their gowns as well. I met her at 5pm for mass. When we got home, she tried her whole outfit on and said "I'm set." Dh grilled som steaks for dinner and some pork chops for dinner today.

Hyper - the food at the silent auction sounded good. Your weekend sounds like it was nice and pretty relaxing. Glad to hear the BDS is feeling better. Hope you had a nice walk with your friend.

Well I have to finished something before I leave. Have a good evening.
Unread 04-27-2010, 09:15 AM

Hi ladies,

My walk with my friend was nice. After we walked we sat on a bench at the park and talked for awhile before we each headed home. After school dd went to a friends house and lds played with his friends. Me and bds watched a show together. I made tacos for supper, then I had to give lds a bath. DH mowed the lawn. We watched t.v. and relaxed for the rest of the evening. I have to work today. I cleaned the house this morning and I'm going to try to get some of my laundry done. I got some good news from work. I have been on a waiting list for day hours. There is a position that opened up in another unit. It is Mon. Tues. Wed. and Friday from 6am to 9am. I will have Thursdays and every other weekend off. Then I would keep my same hours every other weekend in my unit I'm in now. DH and I talked it over and I've decided to take it. I'm nervous about moving to another unit, because I have to learn the level of cares for all the residents in the unit. Since I'm working early morning hours my responsibility will be to get residents up, showered and dressed for the day. I really didn't want to leave my unit because I really care about my residents, but since they are letting me work in my unit every other weekend, I'll still be able to care for them. It will work out to be only 3 less hours per week than I'm getting now. I will start on May 17th. My kids are really happy because I won't be working evenings anymore. I might occasionally pick up an evening shift. Working evenings has been hard and I've been praying that something would open up for me. I feel blessed that this opportunity came along.

Well, I'd better get back to my laundry.

Scrapper your weekend sounds like it was nice. I'm glad you had a nice day with your friends. It sounds like it was alot of fun. I'm glad your dd enjoyed her retreat. It's also nice that her outfit is "all set" I'm glad you got to sleep in yesterday. It's nice that you can go to mass in the evening sometimes and be able to sleep in.

Have a good day.
Unread 04-27-2010, 11:15 AM

Good morning ladies,

My morning sure has been busy. My boss needed copies for a 7:30am meeting, and I got them done as soon as I got in. Then she called to tell me she was stuck in traffic and to deliver the copies to the 25th floor. So off I went. I came back and someone needed my help with the copier...it was jamming and the copies were coming out with dark streaks. So I placed a service call. My boss now went to an off-site meeting and will be back after lunch. I can now catch up on things...phones are quite too...yeah!!!

Yesterday dd and I went to the gym. On the way home stopped off at the market and ordered the sandwich platters and chicken. Today we will stop and order the cake.

Tonight I have a parent choir meeting at 7pm. It is the last one for the school year. They are still busy with things going on. their last event will be May 26th. They have a choir festival they are participating in this Friday, and I will get to go see them perform. I will be on furlough day so it worked out.

Hyper - I"m so happy that a day shift became available for you. I'm sure your family is very happy as you are too. I know I would be...evening shift is hard especially when you have children. The good part is that you will still get to work with your residents on your weekend shift. I'm sure you will do just fine learning your new responsibilities. Scrapping was fun. My best friend and I are getting together to scrap on May 15 and then on the 30th it will be all of us. Yes, it is nice to have the option of going to mass later in the day. Normally we go to the noon mass.

Well time for some green tea. Have a great day.
Unread 04-28-2010, 09:04 AM

Hi ladies,

I got half my laundry done before work yesterday. I had to tell my co-workers last night that I'm moving to another unit during the week. They were sad that we wouldn't be working together. We all get along really well and are a good team. I work with different people on my weekend, so they were happy I'd still be working with them.

Today I'm finishing the other half of my laundry. I'm working again this afternoon, then I have my last 6 day stretch off. It is a really nice day out today. Sunny and warm. They are predicting rain for tomorrow and Friday.

Scrapper you did have a busy morning yesterday. I hope it is calmer this morning. It sounds like things are falling into place for dd's confirmation. That's nice that you have a furlough day Friday so that you can watch dd's choir festival. Sounds like you have two nice days already planned for scrapbooking in May. Thanks for your encouragement. I'm sure it won't take me long to learn my new responsibilities. Have a good day at work and a good evening.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register