2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 381 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 06-08-2010, 08:14 AM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Good morning ladies,

Today is the last day of school. BDS has all day school. LDS and DD have a half day. I'm going up at 10:30 for a chapel service, then they are giving out awards, they'll will get their report cards and be dismissed. A group of us are taking the kids to McDonalds for lunch.

Scrapper It sounds like you had a nice weekend. I hope dd's foot feels better. I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Sending prayers your way that he'll be feeling better soon and can come home.

Have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2010, 09:39 AM

Good morning ladies,

I got to sleep in this morning because I took a vacation day as a treat for myself for my birthday. I'm going to a mall in a different city proabably around 45 minutes from home. I have some gift cards from Christmas that I haven't spent. So I plan on a leisure day and we will go to dinner this evening. Nothing big as it is a school/work night. Besides we are celebrating on Sunday with a party with famiy and friends.

I have to call my dad this morning to see how he is doing and get an update as to when he will be released. I went to see him yesterday after work and he was doing well. He was having a dialysis session when I got there.

I went to the gym last night alone as dd was studying for today's final which is spanish. She helped me get dinner ready. she made the mashed potaotes and then opened up some green beans while I made the pork chops.

Dd has 2 more days of school and then she has a long weekend. Summer school starts next Monday. She will be taking an Art class to get ahead.

Hyper - happy last day of school. I'm sure the kids are excited. How fun for lds & dd...enjoy lunch at McDonalds. Any word on how your son's girlfriend is doing...no baby yet?

WEll off to shower and get ready to go. Dd has a minimum day so I want to get things done before she's home. have a good day.
Unread 06-10-2010, 11:23 AM

Hi ladies,

The last day of school was nice. I went for the chapel service and awards ceremony. DD got an award for scholastic excellence and pins for volleyball, basketball and spelling bee. Her and lds both got ribbons for track and field day. They both got very good report cards. A bunch of us went to mcdonalds for lunch. Then we picked up bds. He has to start summer school Monday for English. He will be attending until July 1st. I feel bad, but he'll be on track when school starts in the fall, so it's well worth it. He'll still have the rest of the summer. It's only half days Mon. - Thurs.

Yesterday the kids played outside all day and I cleaned house when I got home from work. We had hot dogs, beans and chips for supper.

Today is my day off. dd and lds had a dental appt. Good appt for lds, no cavities. DD has one cavity. DD is going to Lutheran girl pioneer camp tomorrow and will be back Sunday morning. Last year her and I went together, but I have to work Sunday so it didn't work out this year. But she's still excited. I'm getting ready to leave and take the kids out for lunch and we will stop at target and get a few items dd needs for camp. We will get her packed when we get home. It's raining today and quite chilly, so I've decided to make chili for supper. No pun intended

Scrapper Happy Birthday!! I hope you had a nice dinner out and a nice party. I'm glad you took the day off. How is your dad doing? I'm so sorry, I can't believe I forgot to tell you about ODS and girlfriends baby! She was born on May 13th which was also ODS's birthday. I think I told you his girlfriend is diabetic. There was an issue with her insulin affecting the baby, so they delivered her early. She still weighed 8'6" even though she was delivered early. She spent a week and a half in NICU for monitoring. Mom and baby are both home and doing well. I think I told you they knew they were having a girl. They named her Laine Lynn.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2010, 12:11 PM

Good morning,

It has been pretty busy at work. Yesterday I spent the day catching up from being out on Tuesday. It's usually busy towards the end of the school year.

I had a very nice birthday. It was nice to sleep in a little. I took dd to school and then came back home to have breakfast. I then went to a mall that is pretty crowded on the weekends. I had gift cards from Christmas that I hadn't used. I bought 2 dresses and a pair of capris. I picked dd up from school and we had lunch. I got a workout in at the gym and then came home. Dh, dd and I dined al fresco out in the backyard. We picked up dinner and brought it home because dd still had studying to do for her finals. This Sunday we will be celebrating my bday with a lunch, family and friends.

My dad is still in the hospital. It turns out that it is his heart causing his problems. He has an irregular heart rate. They were talking about a pacemaker but now the cardiologist says they will treat his condition with heart meds. He actually was supposed to come home yesterday afternoon but during his dialysis treatment his heart rate became irregular again. So they started him on the medication and kept him to see how he reacted to the meds. I'm going to call him during my lunch break to get an update.

Today is dd's last day of school. She has her algebra 2 and choir finals today. She will be going to summer school and will be taking an Art class. her counselor recommended she take it to get ahead on her credits. She will go half day and Mon-Thurs as well. She and I are going to the graduation this evening. She has several friends that are graduating and she also wanted to see what the graduation is like. I'm making beef tacos for dinner.

Hyper - Congrats to dd and lds on their awards and report cards. I'm sure the kids had fun at Mcdonalds. What a great way to end the school year. I think by going to summer school that bds will feel less stressed when school starts up again in the fall. Oh, I remember last year when you and dd went to the Lutheran girl pioneer camp. That is good that she is still excited about going even though you can't go. Have a nice lunch out with the kids today. Congrats to ods and girlfriend on the arrival of Laine Lynn. I did remember you said that they were having a girl. Glad all was OK with mommy and baby. Diabetics tend to have big babies. I was monitored weekly by my doctor and was even admitted to the hospital early at the end of the pregnancy. They didn't want the baby to be too big...dd ended up weighing 8 lbs. Enjoy your chili...enjoyed your pun...lol.

Have a good day.
Unread 06-11-2010, 09:34 AM

Good morning,

DD just left for camp. Her friend's parents picked her up. I could tell she wanted to cry when they left. I know once they get there she will be fine. The boys and I are going to go out for lunch, get groceries and they want to stop and a video store and get a game. They each have money to spend. I'm not sure what I'm having for supper. I'm thinking something simple. I'm off tomorrow, but Sunday I start my new schedule. I'm a little nervous about going to full time, especially now that bds will be going to summer school. But dd is very responsible and she's actually look forward to babysitting her little brother. I think it makes her feel grown up.

Scrapper I hope you have a nice party this weekend. I'm glad you had a nice birthday. It sounds nice to pick up dinner and eat outside. I hope you dad is doing o.k. I'll keep him in my prayers. How nice that you found some things when you went shopping.

Have a nice weekend. Talk to you next week.
Unread 06-11-2010, 10:44 AM

Happy Friday ladies!!

I'm pretty sleepy this morning. Dd and I got home from the graduation close to 10. It was a very nice ceremony and she got to see her friends. We also ran into her English teacher from last year. She loved having dd in her class. She is hoping to return to the classroom in the fall after being pink slipped last year. She didn't have much seniority.

Dd just called awhile ago and she slept in until about 9am. she was tired from her week of finals. At least she has a long weekend before starting summer school on Monday.

Today I have to leave at 3:00pm because dd has dance practice at best friend's house at 4:30. If I'm lucky I should be home by 4:00. The Sweet 16 is 2 weeks from tomorrow. After practice dd wants to go shopping. She still has money from her confirmation.

Tomorrow I have a haircut appt, dd has tutoring. They will start working with her on pre-calculus as that is the math she will have in the fall. Late afternoon we have my cousin's graduation party. she just graduation from high school this week and will be heading off to the University of Michigan. Then Sunday is my party. So it is a busy weekend but a fun one.

Hyper - poor dd. You are right, she will be fine once they arrive. How far is it from home? Enjoy lunch and errands with the boys. I agree something simple for dinner sounds great. It is natural for you to be feeling a little nervous about your new full time hours with bds in summer school. I'm sure that it will be fine. He'll be home shortly after noon and then you'll be home awhile after that. It helps that dd is very responsible and looking forward to babysitting. Thank you for the prayers for my dad...appreciate it lots.

My dad was discharged from the hospital yesterday evening. The heart medication is working and he had no reaction to it. Today he goes back to his regular dialysis center for his treatment. He got new medications and has an appt to see the cardiologist. I told him that I will take him to the appt because I want to get all of the details.

Enjoy your weekend!
Unread 06-14-2010, 11:39 AM

Good morning ladies

We had a good weekend but it was a busy one. So I"m feeling tired today. I had a hard time getting up this morning.

Friday evening I took dd to dance practice at her friend's house. I went to get a manicure while she was there. We went to dinner and some shopping after. She bought 2 pair of shorts, tank tops, and some flip flops. Saturday I had a haircut appt came home and did a bit of cleaning. Late afternoon went to my cousin's daughter's graduation party. it was a nice time and caught up with them. One of my sister's, dd and I went. Then yesterday was my party. it was very nice, and I had a great time. We had 35 people..family and friends. Three of my girlfriends from high school came so it was so much fun catching up with each other. We got home around 7:30 last night.

Dd started summer school today. Her 2 good friends weren't going so she was sad about that. One turned in her application too late and her class choices were filled. The other one went to the high school by her house. I'm curious to hear about what her Art class will entail.

Hyper - hope dd had fun at camp this weekend. How was your first day on your new schedule? Hope everything went well today with dd and lds being home on their own for the morning. What time does bds get home from summer school?

Have a great day.
Unread 06-14-2010, 02:16 PM

Hi ladies,

We had a pretty low key weekend. I was sick all weekend. Sore throat, cough and sneezing. I actually called in sick to work for Sunday. DD came home sunday morning. She had a great time, but was really tired. She took a nice hot bath when she got home. We unpacked her bag. She was in bed by 8:00 last night. Today I started my new schedule. It was a good day. The day shift goes by really fast. DD and LDS did really well by themselves today. BDS gets home at 1:00, so they are alone for a fairly long time. But I think it will be o.k. They found things to do together to occupy their time. And I bought alot of simple things for them to eat for breakfast and lunch. I'm pretty tired. I'm still not feeling 100%. DD went to a friend's house and bds and lds are playing a video game together, so I think I might take a little cat nap. Tomorrow is my day off, so that will be nice to sleep in and spend some time with the kids.

Scrapper your weekend sounds really fun. It was busy, but alot of fun things. I'm glad you had a nice party. You had quite a turnout. Where was the party? That's too bad that dd's friends were not able to go to summer school with her. BDS doesn't know any of the other kids in his summer school.

Have a good evening.
Unread 06-15-2010, 11:44 AM

Hello ladies,

Dd's first day of summer school went well. They will be busy with various projects in the 6 week session. She had a list of supplies they need for the class. So when I got home yesterday we went to the gym, then to buy her supplies. Our last stop was at the mall to exchange her flip flops she bought the other day. They were a mismatched pair - different sizes.

We had leftovers for dinner. I feel so behind with things at home. Dh started the whites last night so today when I get home I will continue with the rest. I did go through a stack of mail after dinner.

Hyper - hope you are feeling better today. It was good that you have an off day from work so hopefully you slept in. Good to hear that you had a good first day on your new schedule and that it goes by fast. That is good that dd and lds had a good day and were able to keep themselves busy. By the end of summer school bds may get to know some of the kids in his class. Dd said that her 2 friends that aren't going to school with her are planning a day to get together and go to the movies. They want to go see Toy Story 3. My party was at my brother in law's place. He lives in a townhouse complex and they have a clubhouse. It is rather large and has a refrigerator, stove, sink, and microwave. Everyone loved the place.

Today after lunch I'm working on my boss's files. She said she needs more room. so I need to move them around. Luckily there are 2 empty drawers.

Hope your day is going well.
Unread 06-16-2010, 02:57 PM

Hi ladies,

Yesterday was my day off and dh took a PTO day. We took BDS to summer school then we took lds and dd out for breakfast. We ran a couple errands and picked BDS up from summer school. We came home and relaxed for awhile and then we went out for supper. That was probably too much eating out, but it was nice not to cook. Today when I got home from work bds and dd wanted to go to the pool. I dropped them off and I'll have to pick them up at 5 when the pool closes. LDS couldn't go, because he has a little bit of a cold. BDS said after summer school he walked over to a friends house and stayed there for a little while before he walked home. I forgot to take something out for supper tonight, so we'll probably have sandwiches and chips. I have to get in the habit of either taking something out in the morning, or making something the night before. LDS wants me to spend a little time with him so I'd better jump off and do that before it's time to pick the other two up.

Scrapper that's too bad dd got mismatched shoes. I'm glad her first day of summer school went well. I also feel behind at home. It sure is different working full time. It's much harder to keep up with the house and laundry. The kids are pretty good at picking up after themselves while I'm gone, but my laundry sure piles up. As you know, it's hard to get the motivation to do it at night after working all day.
I hope you had a good day at work.

Have a good evening.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register