2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 383 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 06-25-2010, 09:57 AM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Hello ladies,

Happy Friday!! So far it has been a quiet morning. I'm glad about that as I have plenty to take care of today.

Took my dad to his doctor appt..this was with his primary doctor. So we updated him on all that has been going on lately. He didn't even know that my dad was in the hospital. He wasn't notified. He agrees that my dad needs the heart scan to see what is going on. Then they will do a heart catherization to check for blocked arteries and fix those. If he needs a pacemaker, they will do that procedure as well. Right now they are submitting the authorizations for approval. I took him home and headed home. I got home at 6pm and dd and I took the dogs for a walk.

We had a pretty relaxing evening. This evening we are going to Kohls. Need to exchange some tennis shoes that gave dd a blister on her heel. I'm also looking for a pair of slip on casual shoes for my dad as a bday gift.

Tomorrow is dd's best friends Sweet 16. The church service is at 1pm and then there is a nice break. The reception starts at 6:30. I'm going to get my marketing done in between. Then on Sunday we are celebrating my dad's birthday. So once again it is a busy weekend.

Hyper - hope lds feels better. Hope his fever breaks soon. It worked out that you are home and able to watch him today. Have a good day and enjoy the weekend.

WEll back to work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2010, 03:58 PM

Hi girls,

We returned from vacation late Friday night. We had a blast in Disneyland. The LA traffic was horrible on the way out, but we made it home. It took us 2 hours to just get out of LA. Our usual 5 hour trip took us 7 hours this time. We stayed at the Grand Californian Hotel and it was so nice to be so close to the parks. We had 3 fun filled days in the parks. I don't think I could have done another day of walking. We saw the World of Color show and it was awesome. The boys even went back for the 2 later shows that night, so they saw it 3 times. The boys treated DH and I to the reserved seating Fantasmic show with the dessert box. Yummy!!! The also treated us to dinner at Wine Country Trattoria in CA adventure for DH birthday. It was a wonderful trip.

Today I have been catching up on laundry. On my 4th load right now and one more to go and then it will be done for the day. DH went back to work today and I'm still trying to catch up on my sleep. I am still worn out. I did work yesterday for a few hours at Target. I will return to my stores tomorrow.

It is really hot today. It is expected to reach 103. I'm staying inside with the AC on for the rest of the day.

Scrapper I hope they figure out what is going on with your Dad and his heart. It sounds like he is good hands with his Drs right now. The snow globe that your dd ended up getting sounds really nice. I love the saying she had put on it.

Cindy I hope your lds is feeling better today. Not fun having a little sick one. It sounds like your kids are doing well while you are at work. I agree on them being too young to be going places while your gone.

I'm going to be putting some pictures up from our trip on facebook. Scrapper I know you will be able to see them there and Cindy I will email you some. I took 187 pictures and my family was laughing at me because I always had the camera clicking. Matthew actually just showed up with 2 poster sized prints that he had blown up at Walgreens and they turned out really nice. One is of us and Mickey and the other of us and Minnie. They will go perfect in our bathroom. We are going to head and get some frames right now and get them put up (so much for staying inside and staying cool).

I'll check back in soon.
Unread 06-28-2010, 09:18 AM

Good morning ladies,

Today is my furlough day and tomorrow is my regular day off. It felt good to sleep in this morning. Our weekend was low key. LDS has been sick and I worked this weekend. On Friday lds was running a 103 temp all day. When I got home from work on Saturday he was still running 103. I decided to take him to the express care since our doctors office was closed. He tested positive for strep and they prescribed him an antibiotic. His fever finally broke last night. This morning he is finally starting to feel better. We'll stay home today, so that he can rest another day. I'm hoping by tomorrow he'll be feeling back to normal. Since we'll be home today, I'm going to get my house cleaned and do my laundry. I'll make spaghetti for supper.

Scrapper I hope all went well with your dad's appt. I can't believe his doctor wasn't notified. I hope you're dd had fun at the party and you had a nice time at your dad's birthday celebration.

Lisa your vacation sounds great. I would love to see pictures. You are having warm weather. I love the idea of putting the minnie and mickey pictures in your bathroom. How perfect.

Have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2010, 10:31 AM

Good morning ladies,

I'm tired this morning. We had a busy weekend. Friday evening dd and I went to Kohls. she found a nice jeans and top outft that she bought with her money...it was 50% off. I also bought a purse for half off, found some shoes for my dad, and my niece's bday gift.

Saturday I went to the gym in the morning and got marketing done. The Sweet 16 mass was at 1:00pm. Dd's friend looked beautiful...she wore a turquoise dress. The reception was at 6:30 so we had time to go home and relax for awhile. It was a nice reception and the girls dance was just great. hard to get pics of them. The photographer got nice pics and they had a videographer. We left at midnight. Yesterday afternoon went over to my dad's for his birthday. We had a nice time. Dd and I left by 8pm and dh stayed watching the baseball game.

We got home and dd got her things ready for school. I packed my breakfast and lunch and got clothes ready.

Hyper - hope lds is doing better now that he is on antibiotics. That is good that you decided to take him in. How nice to have 2 days off after working the weekend. Sleeping in is the best!! Enjoy your 2 days off.

Lisa - your trip sounds like so much fun. I'm sure you were tired from all of the walking. Nice that you were so close to the parks. We stayed there once for my sister in law's bday. Friday traffic is awful after work. I'll take a look at your pics on facebook...haven't been on lately. By the time I want to log in it is already late for me. How nice of Matthew to get those pics blown up. I'm sure they will look great in your Disney bathroom.

My boss just left for a meeting and won't be until 4pm. I have to leave by 3pm today as dd has an orthodontist appt. time to have her retainers checked.

Have a great day.
Unread 06-29-2010, 08:22 AM

Hi ladies,

I did sleep in a little this morning. Yesterday dd played outside. I got my house cleaned and laundry done. lds is feeling good now. He still has to take his antibiotics for another 7 days. Today I'm taking the kids bowling. They had a summer special at the bowling alley in our town. You could sign your kids of for 2 free games every day through August. So all I have to do is pay for the shoe rental. Since I signed them up I figured I'd better take advantage of it. After that I'm taking them all for a haircut, then we will stop for groceries and probably have lunch in between. When we get back in town we'll stop in the library. It will be a busy day. But it's nice outside and it will be nice to spend some time out with the kids. LDS hasn't been out of the house in 6 days. He told me last night he was ready to go out. Tonight I'll make tacos for supper then I'm planning on a relaxing eveing after our busy day. Back to work tomorrow.

Scrapper you did have a busy weekend. How nice that you and dd found some good deals at Kohls. I like shopping there, I always find deals. The sweet 16 reception sounds very nice. Oh, to be 16 again. I'm glad you had a nice time at your dad's birthday.

Have a nice day.
Unread 06-29-2010, 09:06 AM

Good morning ladies,

I have a busy day ahead here at work. Lots to do. I'm going to work through my lunch because I have to leave at 3 again today. This time it is for my doctor appt.

Dd's orthodontist appt went well yesterday. It was a check up for her retainers. She doesn't have to go back until December. At that time she will then switch to only wearing them at night.

We headed off to the gym then stopped and picked up subway for dinner. We relaxed the rest of the evening.

Hyper - you had a productive day yesterday. Glad to hear that lds is feeling much better and ready to go outdoors. Have fun bowling!! I enjoy going bowling. Have a good day while you are out and about. It is a busy day you have planned but fun too.

Well got to get busy here. Have a great day.
Unread 06-30-2010, 03:38 PM

Hi ladies,

Back to work today. It was hard getting up. We were short staffed in my unit, because one of my co-workers took a resident to the twins game. That same co-worker told us today that she is moving and will be giving her notice on Monday. So, hopefully they will hire a replacement before she leaves, otherwise we will be working short everyday until they hire someone. LDS has a friend over, and dd is at a friends. BDS called a couple friend to come over, but they weren't home. Tomorrow is his last day of summer school. Tonight I'm making chicken tacos and rice. I have to be at work at 6:00am tomorrow, because we are working short again. It is one gals day off and the other gal took a furlough day. I did ask for and got Monday off. I have this weekend off as well, so it will be a nice three day break.

Scrapper I hope your busy day at work yesterday wasn't too bad. How did your appt. go? I hope well. I'm glad dd's ortho appt. went well. How nice that she doesn't have to go back until Dec.

Have a good evening.
Unread 07-01-2010, 12:06 PM

Hi ladies,

Well today seems to be less hectic than the last 2 days. It also helps that the phones aren't that busy. My boss has been in a meeting since 8am and it will end at 11:30.

Yesterday before dd and I went to the gym, we stopped at a store I like to shop at. I had $100 in gift cards, a coupon, and big sale - 50 to 70% off. I bought 3 pair of capris, 3 tops, 2 pair of pjs, a skirt and a sweater. I only had to pay $37 out of my pocket. I was very happy.

Today I have a dentist appt to have a tooth/gum checked. I noticed last week after flossing that my gum was irriated and swollen. Every time my tongue touched that area it was tender. I want to make sure that all is OK.

Hyper - how was bowling the other day? How nice that bds is done with summer school. Dd has 3 weeks left after today. She brought a mid term progress report the other day and she has a A. I'm glad you got Monday off and have a 3 day weekend...very nice!! I"m looking forward to the 3 day weekend. Sorry to hear about being short staffed...that sure makes it a busier work day. My doctor appt went very well. all of my lab results were good so that made my doctor very happy. I return in 3 months.

Have a great day.
Unread 07-01-2010, 07:41 PM

Hi ladies,

It was hard getting up at 4:45 this morning. I'm glad I don't have to be at work at 6:00 every day. We had another resident in another unit pass away last night. I'm wondering if that's going to mean more cuts in hours. That didn't sound nice. I didn't mean that's all I care aboutI didn't know this resident, but I'm always sad when we lose one. Today after work I took the kids bowling again. We ordered pizza for supper. The kids played outside for a little while and now we are going to relax the rest of the evening. One more day of work. I'm looking forward to a 3 day weekend. We are having our good friends over for the 4th of July. That will be fun. We haven't seen them for awhile.

Scrapper the kids really enjoyed our bowling outing the other day. Since the deal is 2 free games every day I figure we will probably go at least once a week. The kids wanted to go back today already. That's great that your dd got an A on her midterm. I'm all for summer school, if it helps them get a good start for the next year. I'm sure she'll be glad when she's done so she can enjoy the rest of the summer. Wow you got a good deal on your shopping trip. You got quite a lot of items for the money. I hope all went well with your dental appt.

Have a good evening.
Unread 07-02-2010, 11:03 AM

Hi ladies and Happy Friday,

I'm looking forward to the long weekend. It has been such a busy week at work. Staff wise lots of people are off now for almost a week due to the new work schedule they are on. They are now 10 or 11 month employees. I was lucky that I got to stay as a year round employee. I am the only one that helps support my boss.

Today when I get home dd and I are going to the gym. After our work out we are going to use the pool. Dd has been wanting to go swimming. On the way home we will stop at the market. I'm going to make some brownies once we are home.

Tomorrow I am having my friends over for a day of scrapping. On Sunday we are going to the beach. Dd is checking to see if best friend can come. The community 4th of July parade is on Monday morning. Then hoping to relax the rest of the day.

Our vacation plans came through the other day. We were waiting for a reservation from our timeshare to come through. We will be going to San Diego in August. Looking forward to the time away.

My dentist appt went better than I expected. I thought work would have to be done on the tooth. The are just needs a deep cleaning so I'm scheduled for that next week.

Hyper - I hope you enjoy your 3 day weekend. Have fun with your friends on the 4th. It is always nice to be able to catch up. Yes, I must admit that was a good shopping trip. That is a nice deal on the bowling. Yes, dd has 3 weeks left of summer school. I know she will look forward to sleeping in. I know her friends were planning another trip to the movies...I think they are looking at next Friday.

Have a great weekend ladies and Happy 4th.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register