2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 385 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 07-14-2010, 03:23 PM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Hi ladies,

It was hard going back to work today. I was tired all day. BDS had a dental appt this afternoon. No cavities, but he has all 4 of his wisdom teeth and they suggested we have them extracted because they are crowding his mouth. They said it was unusual to have all of them at his age. They said generally they don't all grow in until ages 17-24. I'll have to talk with dh about it.

Yesterday the kids and I saw despicable me. It was a very cute movie. When we got home lds and dd played outside until supper. Then we watched t.v. for the evening.

It is a very warm day. We nearly hit 100 today. It's supposed to be like this through the weekend. We are supposed to have storms later. We'll see. Not much going on this evening.

Scrapper I'll bet it was nice to walk in to a clean house yesterday. DH suggested we have someone come in and clean once or twice a month. I haven't decided, but it's sounding better and better all the time. I'm glad your day at work today has been quiet. You got a good deal on dd's paintbrush. I hope you are able to get ahold of the cardiologist. That has to be frustrating. If you go to see despicable me I know you will enjoy it.

Have a good evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2010, 11:25 AM

Good morning ladies,

We are having some very hot weather through the weekend. In our area it is in the triple digits. I told dd to take her time walking home after school. Luckily she has tomorrow off and next week is the last week of summer school.

This morning I had an appt with the podiatrist. My primary doctor referred me. I had a toe nail that became dark and was growing thick. The appt went well. He explained that it was a fungus growing due to dry blood. I told him that the shampoo bottle fell on my toe while showering. He said that explained why the nail was like that. So they cut and filed my nails. They trimmed away the infected part of the nail. i have to apply an ointment 2 times a day and return in 4 months to see how I'm doing.

My boss is at an off site meeting until noon so it is very quiet. So hopefully I can get some things done.

Not much going on this evening other than going to the gym. Then heading home to relax and watch some TV.

Hyper - I'm sure it was hard going back to work. Glad bds has no cavities. Interesting that he has all of his wisdom teeth. I don't know if dd's have come in. I may ask at the next visit. Next week she gets her permanent crown on her front tooth. She's so happy. We are planning on going to the movies tomorrow evening. We will see what movie dd decides on. I finally got a hold of the nurse in charge of authorizations at the cardiologist office. My dad has an appt for the heart scan next Thursday. so I called to let him know. I'm going to ask my sister who is off during the summer to take him.

Time to go pick up my mail. Have a great day.
Unread 07-15-2010, 04:18 PM

Hi ladies,

The kids and I just got home from the pool. When I got home they all had their swimming suits on and said, "mom, can we go swimming, please, please!" I couldn't resist. They were so cute and they have to be cooped up in the house all day. We had a nice time and it is another hot day, so it felt good. DH and BDS are leaving tomorrow morning to go to their yearly Road America race in Wisconsin. They will be gone until Sunday evening. I'm going to help bds get packed tonight. He is really excited. They had a really good time last year and I'm sure they will again this year. It worked out nice that this is my weekend off. Other than helping bds, I'm not planning on much tonight. Just relaxing.

Scrapper I'm glad you got your toenail taken care of. That must have hurt when the shampoo fell on your toe. I'm glad you were able to get a hold of the cardiologist's office and get your dad an appt. I'll bet dd is glad that summer school is nearly over. She will still have a good amount of summer left. I hope you were able to get things done at work with your boss gone.

Have a good evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2010, 10:43 AM

Happy Friday ladies!!

I'm glad it's Friday. I'm hoping to sleep in this weekend. The last couple of nights it has been so hot in the evenings. When dh got home, he put the AC on. Such crazy weather...it rained in certain areas. We just gor slight drizzle. There was lightning in parts that caused fires in a couple of areas. Watching the news this morning they were still trying to contain the fires.

This evening we are going to the movies. We picked Toy Story 3. Dh is going to leave work on time so he could meet us. Tomorrow is my niece's birthday party. She turns 9 today. It is later in the afternoon so I can get a few things done in the morning.

Hyper - how fun to go to the pool and cool off. How cute that the kids were all ready in their swimsuits when you got home. That is hard to say no to. Yes, dd will still have 5 weeks of vacation before she starts school again on Sept. 1st. She's already called me this morning. She woke up early but was watching TV and was going to have breakfast. She said she is going to give the dogs baths as well. Hope dh and bds have a great time on their weekend getaway. That's great that it is your weekend off.

Have a great day and weekend.
Unread 07-16-2010, 02:34 PM

Hi ladies,

I'm glad the week is over. I'm looking forward to hopefully sleeping in. DH and bds left for their trip this morning. I'm doing my laundry right now, so I don't have to worry about it over the weekend. Surprisingly, I only have two loads. Actually I've been doing a load here and there during the week, so not too bad. When I'm done lds, dd and I are going bowling, then we are going to eat at subway and then stop at dairy queen for an ice cream. After that we'll come home and relax for the rest of the evening. This weekend is "bbq days" in our town. It's the big summer event. The kids and I will go watch the parade tomorrow at noon, then we'll head over to the carnival part. I got them ride tickets already. After they ride their rides we'll get something to eat. I love carnival food. When we're done there, we'll probably stop and rent a movie to watch in the evening. Sunday we will play it by ear during the day. The big fireworks show will be at dusk, so we will sit out on the deck and watch them. We are lucky we are able to see them from our house. So, I think it will be a fun weekend. BDS and DH will be back Sunday evening, but I'm not sure what time.

Scrapper it sounds like you have a nice weekend planned. I know you all will enjoy toy story 3. I hope you have fun at your nieces party and I hope you are able to sleep in this weekend.

Have a great weekend, I will check in next week.
Unread 07-19-2010, 02:10 PM

Hi ladies,

We had a nice weekend. We loved Toy Story 3 and thought it was the best one of the series. Even the sad parts...I got teary-eyed. We relaxed Saturday late morning through afternoon. it was so hot that day I didn't do the marketing. We left around 3:15 for my niece's bday party. it was really fun and after the birthday party part the kids were off to play in the arcade area. We left around 9:15 or so. Yesterday had to go buy some paint for dd's art project that was due today. She worked on it before we left to go meet my sisters and finished it up when we got back home.

it is a much cooler week and no humidity..yeah!!! This is dd's last week of summer school. On the news last night I heard that there were 7 people that drowned. Just so sad.

Hyper - hope dh and bds enjoyed their weekend trip. How was bbq days? It sounds like it is lots of fun. How nice that you don't have to go anywhere to see the fireworks other than your deck. Did you end up renting a movie?

WEll back to work. I have 5 memos that I need to get to before I leave today. Have a good afternoon/evening.
Unread 07-19-2010, 02:46 PM

Hi ladies,

Our weekend was good. Friday afternoon lds, dd and I went bowling then we went to subway for supper then we got an ice cream at dairy queen. We came home and relaxed for the rest of the evening. Saturday we slept in and then got ready to go to the parade. After the parade we went to the carnival and the kids each had 10 ride tickets. They each rode 5 rides, we took a break and ate then they finished their last 5 rides. It was fun, but it was so hot and humid. When we came home we all took showers. Then we played a few board games and relaxed for the evening. Yesterday we went shopping. We went to kohls. I got a couple of pairs of pants for work. I got each of the kids 2 summer outfits on the clearance racks. DH and BDS got home about 8:30pm. They had a great time. DH took lots of pictures. He downloaded them, and we all looked at the pictures. Then we watched the fireworks. Today was back to work. Not much going on for tonight.

Scrapper your weekend sounds nice. I'm glad you liked Toy Story 3. I got teary eyed too when we saw it. We didn't rent a movie this weekend. It sounds like the birthday party was fun. I'm glad your cooling down. We still have the heat and humidity.

Have a nice evening.
Unread 07-20-2010, 02:16 PM

Hi ladies,

Work was crazy busy, but it's going to be that way for awhile. We have a girl who gave her notice, her last day is tomorrow. Until they hire someone to take her place, her hours will go in the open hours book. Each day that no one signs up for her hours we will work short. It makes the day go by fast though. When I got home dd was at the pool with a friend. She called dh to ask him, and he gave her permission. That was fine because her friend is actually my friend's daughter. My friend picked her up shortly before I got home and she will bring her home when they're done. BDS and LDS were hanging out together. Lds went out to play and bds is doing his chores. We leave them each a small chore list each morning. bds hadn't done his yet. They are pretty diligent with their chores. They get allowance on Fridays if they've done their daily chores for the week. BDS and DD get a little extra for taking care of lds.

No plans for this evening. I'm making spaghetti for supper. Then just relaxing.

Have a good evening.
Unread 07-20-2010, 03:01 PM

Hello ladies,

This morning I had a nice surprise. When I walked into the dining room there were 2 dozen roses - red and white on the dining room table in a vase from dh. Today is our anniversary...19 years. We will go out to dinner on Friday evening. It is hard if we go tonight because we have to rush back and get ready for work/school tomorrow.

Dd said that they got their registration packets for the new school year today. I will have to sit and read through and fill out the paperwork. Her day to register is Aug. 25th.

Last night dd and I went for our daily workout at the gym. We got home and had dinner, watched TV, and I did 2 loads of laundry. I also folded the whites.

Hyper - what a nice weekend you had. Nice that dh and bds were back in time for you all to see the fireworks. Kohls has some great clearance items. We have to return some tennis shoes that dd didn't like after all. That is great that the kids are dilligent with their chores. I've been lucky that dd helps me out a lot. It teaches them responsibility. Wonder how long it will take for them to hire someone at your work. Yes, being so busy sure makes the day go by quickly.

Enjoy your evening.
Unread 07-21-2010, 01:31 PM

Hi ladies,

It is a hot one today. Work was busy and I'm tired. Tonight dh and I are going out to get lds's birthday present. His birthday is Friday. Luckily Friday is my day off. DH said he was going to try to get home a little early, because I don't want to be out late since I have work tomorrow. When we get back from shopping I plan to just relax a little before bed.

Scrapper Happy Anniversary to you and DH. How nice that DH surprised you with roses. I agree, it's better to go out for dinner on Friday night when you don't have to worry about work and school the next day. BDS got his registration package during the middle of the year last school year. I think I told you that already. I thought that was early and I really didn't like that because I just think it's a bad time to be thinking about next years classes when you're in the middle of getting through the classes you have. You are right, chores for the kids does teach them responsibility. Enjoy your evening.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register