2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 395 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 10-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Hi ladies,

So glad it's Friday and this is my weekend off. We are having 80 degree weather today and tomorrow. It is gorgeous outside. We are going to have leftovers for supper tonight. Not sure what the weekend will hold. We'll play it by ear. DD has a lutheran girl pioneer meeting this evening, other than that just relaxing.

Scrapper hope you have a good weekend. Good luck with your yard sale. Talk to you next week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2010, 01:38 PM

Happy Friday ladies,

So happy that it's Friday...it has felt like a long week and I'm tired. OUr weather is warming up for awhile into the 80s and 90s.

We had a big mailing job to get out this orning...we just finished a bit ago. I also forgot my glasses at home today and it has been rather difficult with the computer...so sorry if there are typos. Dh works in the same building as me and he is supposed to bnrng them to me. Altough he said he was working from home this morning. So far no call from him.

Today have to leave 30 minutes early as dd and I have an eye doctor appt for dilatiion of our eyes. Not much going on this evening. I'm going to make breakfast for dinner. Hope to relax and watch some of our shows we have recorded.

Tomorrow we are having our yard sale and whatever doesn't sell by the end of the afternoon we will be donating it. I'm not sure what time dd's friend will be coming over tomorrow. Guess I'll know later on. Sunday will probably meet with my sisters and have dinner with our dad.

Hyper - glad to hear that the new hire is showing that he likes what he is doing. That is a good sign and it makes a big difference. Hope you enjoy your weekend and the nice weather you are having.

Take care.
Unread 10-11-2010, 10:56 AM

Good morning ladies,

Traffic was nice and light this morning due to the Columbus Day holiday. Our school district does not get this holiday. I was at work by 6:40.

Our weather has warmed up again...it will be in the 90s all week.

We had a nice weekend. Friday was out eye doctor appt and all went well with the dilation. My eyes are good - my diabetes has not affected them. Dd's were clear as well. After that we stopped off at Michaels craft store, dd needed a foam board for her chemistry project. We went home had our breakfast for supper and relaxed for the evening.

Saturday morning I got up at 6:30 as dh and I set up for the yard sale. We got everything set up and I managed to have breakfast as well before I headed to the gym. I got back home after 9:30 and he said some stuff had sold already. We did pretty well. By 3:30pm I started packing away what didn't sell and we will be donating it. Dd's friend arrived around 2pm and they working on their project. I would check in on them every now and then. I think they finished around 5:30. AFter that we picked up dinner, went to the market and relaxed.

Yesterday dd and I went to church. Dh took his car in for service. After church dd and I went to the mall. We were looking for her red shoes for her Dorothy costume. We found them for $10 on sale. In the afternoon we met my sisters at the cemetery and then left to have dinner at my dad's. Dd had her fitting for her costume. The lady that is making it is the tenant that lives in the back house at my dad's. The costume fits nice on dd and it looks really good. Just finishing touches need to be made now and the zipper added.

Hyper - hope you had a nice weekend since you were off from work.

This evening I have a parent choir meeting for dd. This year I am an officer...the secretary. Their first concert is on the 27 of this month.

Have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2010, 12:17 PM

Had a laproscopic hysterectomy on 10/5. had the uterus, fallopian tubes and right ovary removed. Hospital stay was good, loved the pain pump. Went home 20 hours after surgery. I'm on day 6 post-op and doing well. I have 4 incisions and lots of swelling. I can't wait for the swelling to go away. I feel like I am 5 months pregnant. Th pain prior to the hysterectomy was worse than now so I can't complain. At least when I lay down, I don't have pain. That is soooo nice. Of course, I have limited mobility. I have the best family support in the world. I try to do things on my own though. I see it as physical therapy. Nausea and headaches have been my biggest issues and today its not better. Of course I did walk to the mailbox and back. Thats about 500 ft. it completely wore me out and sent lots of pressure in my chest and head. Even though I still have one ovary, I have experienced two waves of sweating/hot flashes. That was a weird feeling especially since I am cold most of the time. Anyway, this is my first progress report. I've already read two books and have gone through several magazines. Also getting caught up on NCIS, Bones and CSI. Think I will ebay for a while. Happy recovering to all of you. I agree with many of you. Take this time to heal. You only have one time to do it. Take care sisters.
Unread 10-11-2010, 01:35 PM

Hi ladies,

We had a good weekend. DD had her girl pioneers meeting Friday evening. We just relaxed for the evening. Saturday morning dd. lds and I went to the Scarecrow festival in our town. They have a contest where people in the community make scarecrows and they display them. They also have a wagon ride, and a barrel train ride. They have a rope maze and different little play sets and games for the kids. It was fun. It was actually a girl pioneer field trip for the girls and any family members who wanted to attend. We got home about noon and ate lunch. DD had a friend over, bds was working on a biology project and dh was washing the cars. LDS asked if I would take him shopping to spend some money that he had. Since everyone was occupied, we headed out. He found two wii games. Actually by the time we were ready to head home it was about supper time so we stopped and ate. DH took dd, bds and dd's friend to mcdonalds for supper. Then we relaxed for the rest of the evening. Yesterday dh and I ran a couple errands. We had a whatever night for supper then relaxed for the evening. DD has volley ball practice this evening. I'm making steak for supper.

Scrapper glad your garage sale went well. That was a bargain for the red shoes. Her costume will be so cute. Is dd excited about the upcoming concert?

Have a good evening.
Unread 10-12-2010, 12:29 PM

Hi ladies,

It sure has been a busy morning here. It's making the day go by quickly. It was pretty foggy this morning. Looks like the haze is just burning off now.

The choir parent meeting went well last night. We had a good turn out and I hope it remains this way for all the other meetings. She only has 4 meetings a year. We are trrying to recruit more parents to help out. I had forgotten that the secretary gets up in front of the group to review the minutes. I realy don't like to stand and speak in front of groups but this wasn't too bad. Now I know what to expect.

Yesterday dd got her shoes for choir. This year her group will be wearing heels. They are about a 1" heel with a strap and tan in color. I told her to start wearing them for awhile once she is home to break them in.

Hyper - the scarecrow festival sounds like it was fun. Your weekend was nice and not too busy. Yes, dd is excited about the concert. Last night she sent a text to her best friend and godmother to see if they wanted to come. Tickets are only $3.

Well I have to fax my boss's approved travel request to the travel agency so they can book the flight.

Have a good afternooon/evening.
Unread 10-12-2010, 01:38 PM

Hi ladies,

Today was busy at work, I'm glad it's over. DD had to study for a test on Friday. BDS had to finish his biology project. Other than that, not much going on tonight. I'm making spaghetti for supper.

Scrapper good idea to have dd wear her shoes to get used to them. I do not like standing in front of a crowd either. I'm glad it wasn't too bad. The concert tickets are a bargain. I hope her friend and godmother will be able to attend.

Have a nice evening.
Unread 10-13-2010, 01:30 PM

Hi ladies,

Work seemed to go by fast today. DD has volleyball practice tonight. Other than that not much going on. I'm going to make breakfast for supper. Today lds' picture with his fire prevention poster was in the paper. He will be excited to see it when he gets home.

Scrapper hope you're having a good day.
Unread 10-13-2010, 02:11 PM

Hello ladies,

I've been having trouble posting this morning. I kept getting a message that the website wasn't found. Anyway, finally I'm on.

I'm excited because today they are picking up the bags of things we are donating. It feels so good that it will be out of my way and people will benefit from our donation. Also when I get home, my house will be clean. My cousin was coming over this morning to clean. I'm debating as to whether I want to use my stove...I'll be getting it dirty...LOL.

It has been a busy day with a variety of things going on. First thing this morning I moved some files from a storage room to my boss's office. Glad that is done.

Not too much going on this evening. Hoping on relaxing and watch some TV.

Hyper - work must have been busy if your day went by quickly. SOunds like you will have a relaxing evening. How exciting for lds. He's famous...lol. Enjoy your evening.
Unread 10-14-2010, 11:37 AM

Good morning ladies,

I'm on my second cup of coffee this morning...sure need it. Early this morning at 12:15 we all woke up to some noise in front of our house. It was a suv with 4 guys in it. They were so loud...horsing around in the middle of the street and at one point 2 of them were on our lawn rolling around. One of them was really drunk and could barely stand up. Dh ended up calling the police because it was loud. Poor dd was up too as well as the dogs...they were barking at the noise. I think at 1:30 I finally fell back asleep. Sure wasn't ready to get up when the alarm went off.

After the gym, we stopped at the craft store and bought the ribbon dd needs for her costume. We bought red and royal blue her school colors. She will wear red for her costume to match the red shoes. We picked up subway for dinner. I brought half of it for lunch and dd did the same.

My best friend is in Maryland this week for a conference. She called me last night and we talked for awhile. It was nice hearing from her. She flies back tomorrow.

Other than our workout, not much going on this evening. I do have to clear a path in my scrapbook room for dh to take a chair out. We will put that chair in the living room until we find a new recliner.

During lunch I'm going to go to the shopping plaza. I'm in search of a new black sweater. I noticed that the black sweater I wear now has 2 holes in it...I think I have moths in my closet. I need to get some cedar stuff to hang in my closet.

Hyper - hope your day at work goes well. What was lds's reaction to seeing his picture in the paper?

have a good afternoon/evening.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register