2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 398 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 10-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Hello Ladies

I had my surgery on October 6th, I stayed in the hospital for 2 days! I got my cathider taken out the next day! I was on a PCP aka Pain Control Pump it had Hydro Morphine in it, I really didnt use it much, as I got sick off of it, they were giving me Tylenol 3 and some sapository for pain. They discharged me friday mid afternoon.
SInce I have been home the pain level is ok.. the first week or 2 was crazy, pain and some swelling but not much! I guess I was more hurting over the fact that I had to send my children away for a few weeks so that I could recover!!
Im going on week 4 and I feel great! still have a bit of scab but im sure that is normal... I get some pain when im over doing it... I havent really listened to the no lifting part as I have a 19 month old daughter! I think that my libito is gone sky high!! I want this 3 more weeks to go by soooo fast!! haha... if you get my drift! lol other than that I feel great!! and Im recovering well I think!! Hope everyone else is recovering well too!!

PS I forgot to include that I had Abdominal total hysterectomy ( cervix and Uterus ) and Im 27 with 2 children
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2010, 01:35 PM

Hi ladies,

Today was another fast busy day. DH made it home last night. We just relaxed for the evening. I know have three days off. This is my weekend off and Monday is my day off. Tonight we are going to carve the pumpkins. Tomorrow I plan to sleep in. We will have to go out and get Halloween candy tomorrow and not sure what else we'll do. Sunday either DH or I will go trick or treating with the kids and the other will stay home and give out candy.

Scrapper glad the workshop went well and that dd has decided about the community college. That's nice that it is so close to home. You have a nice weekend planned. I know you will have a good day scrapbooking. Have fun on Halloween.

Happy Halloween, I will catch up with you next week.
Unread 11-01-2010, 10:26 AM

Good morning ladies,

We had a good weekend. Saturday was spent scrapping at my best friend's house. We had a great time. We scrapped from 2 to 10pm. We left her house around 11pm. We have our next date scheduled for the
13th. Yesterday we went to church at noon then had to get ready to head over to my sister & dad's place. After church we had some lunch, baked cupcakes, and did the marketing. We stopped off at the cemetery first. After dinner we took my niece and dd out trick or treating. Lots of kids showed up at my sister's house. We left around 8:30 because one we were tired and it was cold, and we stillhad some things to do to get ready for today.

I'm feeling a little tired this morning. Today I have to leave work at 2pm because I have a doctor's appt. this appt is with the rheumatologist follow up to my last visit when I got the injection. It sure has helped me so we will see what he says. It iwll be nice to get home a little earlier.

Not much going on this evening. I'm making pork chops with potatoes today. I have some laundry to finish up, and I also need to sweep and mop. I looked at the floor this weekend and it sure needs it.

Hyper - hope you had a good weekend and that you were able to sleep in. How was Halloween? Enjoy your day off today. It would have been nice to have a day off today. Traffic was light this morning. I think maybe some people took the day off. Have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2010, 12:14 PM

Hi ladies,

We had a good weekend. Friday evening bds went to our church's youth group lock in. He had to be picked up at 8:00 the next morning. I really wanted to sleep in, so dh said he would pick him up. Luckily I woke up about 7:50 Sat. morning because dh was snoring away. So I hopped out of bed and went to pick him up. Everyone was still sleeping when we got back and bds headed down to bed because they didn't sleep much. Amazingly I was able to crawl back in bed and fall back asleep. I did get to sleep in after all. We relaxed most of the day. We all went out for dinner. Sunday I cleaned in the morning. DH and bds went to a slot car swap meet. DD was at a friends so when I finished cleaning lds and I played a game on the wii together. Later we ate and dh and I took dd and lds out trick or treating. BDS stayed home and gave out candy. This morning I mopped the floors and washed all of the towels. Then I watched a little t.v. and finished a book I was nearly done reading. It's been a nice day off.

Scrapper I'm glad you had fun scrapping. That's nice that you already have your next date set. Bds said we had alot of kids at our house for trick or treating. In fact when we got home, we still got kids at the door for about a half hour more. We were lucky it wasn't too cold. It was bearable.

Have a good evening.
Unread 11-02-2010, 11:48 AM

Good morning ladies,

It has been a little hectic at work. My boss has a busy day with meetings. She's given me some things to mail out and people will be coming by to pick things up.

This morning traffic was pretty slow with an accident and the cars blocking some of the lanes. I was stopped for about 20 minutes. I wish I would have heard about the accident before getting on the freeway. I walked into the office at 7 so it worked out.

My doctor appt went well yesterday. He felt my arm and bent it in and out. The injection he gave me worked. So we were both happy about that. I don't have to go back to see him unless it flares up again. he is hoping it doesn't. I was out and back by home just before dd got out of school. It was a good thing I was able to pick her up because she had some fundraiser items from choir that had come in.

We relaxed for awhile when we got home. She did some of her homework. I did a load of laundry and made dinner. After that we went to the gym. We had a pretty relaxing evening after dinner.

Today I'm walking to the library to return dd's book. She finished it last night. I'm almost done with the book I"m reading so I think I will check another one out for me.

Hyper - glad that you were able to go back to sleep Saturday morning after picking bds up. Sounds like you had a good weekend. Your day off yesterday sounds so perfect.

have a good day.
Unread 11-02-2010, 01:29 PM

Hi ladies,

Last night we had a relaxing evening after supper. Today one of our girls at work called in sick so we worked short. It wasn't too bad, some of the clients in our unit went on an outing. I have hamburger thawed out for supper, but I'm not sure what I'm making with it yet. Not much going on this evening. Tomorrow is my day off. I really am liking have that extra day off each week.

Scrapper I'm glad your appt went well. Hopefully it won't flare up again. That doesn't sound very nice to be stopped in traffic for 20 minutes. It was lucky that you still made it to work on time.

Have a nice evening
Unread 11-03-2010, 11:40 AM

Hi ladies,

Today I did a few errands in town. I'm also doing my laundry. I have beef stew in the crockpot for supper. I'm going to do a few things around the house and finish up my laundry before it's time to pick the kids up. This past weekend when dh and bds went to the slot car swap meet, dh bought a slot car track. He set it up in the basement. He and the kids have been racing every night. I suspect they will be at it again tonight. I'm planning to relax and watch some t.v.

Scrapper I hope you are having a good day at work.

Have a nice evening.
Unread 11-03-2010, 02:16 PM

Hello ladies,

The morning was pretty hectic. I got to work about 5 minutes late due to another car accident on the freeway. Once again I didn't hear about it until I was on the freeway. We were stopped until they moved the cars out of the way. I was stuck and couldn't get off the freeway...it is just so irritating.

We are having pretty hot weather these last couple of days...90's. How crazy for November.

Yesterday I got home and relaxed for awhile. I made dinner before we headed to the gym. After dinner we had a relaxing evening and watched some TV. I also talked to my dad. He is doing pretty well. He had a doctor appt yesterday and they are scheduling a echocardiogram on his heart. Other than that he seems to be pretty stable.

Hyper - that is good that you got some things done today. With your new schedule are you off on Mondays and Wednesdays? It is nice to have an extra day off. Beef stew sounds so good. Dd and I are making our asian chicken salad today. After the gym we are stopping at the market to get some things we need plus the ingredients for the salad. How fun that dh and the kids are having fun racing the slot cars.

Enjoy your evening.
Unread 11-04-2010, 11:47 AM

Good morning ladies,

Things at work have been pretty quiet. First thing this morning I worked on the minutes for the last choir meeting. Our next meeting is on the 29th of this month.

Today dd will bring home chocolate candy bars she will be selling for choir. I'll bring a box with me to work tomorrow, and I will have dh take the other one.

We are having another warm day today. It was 97 when I got home yesterday. Tomorrow it is to start cooling off.

Dd and I made our asian chicken salad and it was good. We had enough left over so that we both brought some for our lunch.

Today I"m walking to the farmer's market to see what I see. I like going just to look around.

I don't know if I mentioned or not. My aunt is back in the hosptial and my cousin said that she isn't doing well. She has an intestinal infection, pneumonia, trouble breathing and is in isolation. It makes me sad that we can't even visit her so we wait to get updates from my cousins. I just don't have a good feeling about this.

Hyper - hope your day is going well today and that you had a relaxing evening.

Have a good day.
Unread 11-04-2010, 04:15 PM

Hi ladies,

Work was busy. I'm tired, I've had a stuffy nose all day. I hope I'm not getting sick. Girl Pioneers is having their bake sale on Sunday. I have to donate 2 doz. cookies and a pan of brownies. They have to be at school by tomorrow evening. I have the brownies baking right now. Then I'll bake the cookies. I'm only making the break and bake. I don't have time to make them from scratch. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. We are going to have left over beef stew. It turned out really well. Nothing on the agenda tonight, just relaxing.

Scrapper sorry you ran into traffic again. You are really having warm weather. I would love to be having those temps here. I'm glad to hear that your dad is doing well. Your asian chicken salad sounds really good. I am off on Mondays and Wednesdays with my new schedule. I'm sorry about your cousin. I will keep her in my prayers. I know it has to be hard to not be able to visit her.

Have a good evening.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register