2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 41 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 10-26-2007, 09:17 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by northof49
I'm the same as you Pauline! I can just do small things and then I need to rest.

QUESTION: Are any of you ladies experiencing bouts of nausea and faintness? I've had a couple of episodes of this. I went through it on Monday and again yesterday. I feel terribly nauseas and when I try to stand up I feel like I'm going to faint and have to sit back down again. And I get all clammy and hot and yet I'm cold. It lasts for most of the day. And yet today, I feel fine! I still have the pain in my belly and I'm not walking properly yet, but today - no nausea or faintness! Am I alone?
I have had some of that. My husband thought it was from the way I was, or should say lack of the way I was eating. He is making sure I get a good carb and some protein at regular intervals and that does seem to be helping. How is your appetite and are you eating ok?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2007, 10:11 AM

Hi Mrswillie: I am eating little bits at a time. I don't feel like eating or drinking so I have myself on a schedule so that I do eat. I make sure I eat at 9 am, 1 pm, 5 pm and 8 pm. Just a little bit at a time. I really don't have any appetite at all and I don't even feel like drinking.

I have found the key to grocery shopping! My friend came over today to take me to the store. I borrowed a motorized cart from the store and I was able to get around the whole store without any problem! I almost felt guilty when there are old couples walking around and here's me in this buggy but it was great! It was the first time I've been out of the house for more than an hour! I felt like picking up my feet and going WEEEEEEEEEE!
Unread 10-26-2007, 11:25 AM

northof49
Glad you are forcing a little food at those intervals. I imagine getting out must help also. I hope this issue resolves permanently and you feel better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2007, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackadoo
I can say that I am one to bounce back pretty quickly (I have had 5 prior surgeries) and I would be back at work after 2 weeks. This surgery has really done me in, I expected it to be a little rough, however not as rough as this has been. It has not only been physically challanging, but emotionally as well, the moodiness and tears that just come up whenever they want to, and the tiredness, that of if I had "Mono" (doctor says it is my body healing, especially with the abcess infection I have) I keep telling myself that after 10 years of diffrent treatment for endometriosis and cronic pelvic pain it will pay off and I will look back and say...It was all worth it!

Thank you for listening!
Jenn
Hang in there! I believe it will be worth it! I've read so many ladies who are further in their recovery than we are say it was worth it and how they feel better than ever. You're not alone. I thought that by now I would be feeling better emotionally and physically, but this has been much harder than I expected, as well. We've just got to be patient and let our bodies heal, as hard as that is. I don't know about you, but I keep thinking "am I ever going to feel good again"? Things will get better.
Unread 10-26-2007, 11:36 AM

good morning to all!! I am feeling pretty good. I feel a little sore but I think its normal. I too am only taking ibuprofen occasionally as I think when I am taking heavier pain meds.. Llike Vicodin I tend to over do cuz I am not feeling any pain! I am thinking about getting the swelly belly band. Did anyone have a binder put on you after surgery? I had the binder in the hospital and for first 2 weeks but Doc said she wanted the incision to get more air.. any way is the swelly belly band comparable to binder or better? I have a little nausea whenever I see I little smooth belly on the tv but I just change the channel.... Seriously I really do not have much of an appetite and sometimes feel a bit queasy if I wait too long to eat... Today is 3 weeks for me!!! Yes I have felt better but I have felt much worse! As always I am sending healing thoughts to all...
Unread 10-26-2007, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBegin
Hi everyone,

I also have one ovary. I'm 48 and experience hot flashes from time to time. I haven't had an increase since my hyst. however I am crying off and on. ie. not able to do houseworking, walking upstairs too slow, and surprisingly - crying to aerosmith song. Hum... My gyn has assured me that the one ovary will be fine and that the emotional aspect is the affect of the surgery. So..............it's usually short lived for me and on with the day.
Having a good sense of humour help so lol.

So nice to share with sisters who are experiencing same symptoms.
Have a great day.
NewBegin Pauline
Hi my one ovary sister... I have to know what aerosmith song made you cry? I too have to hold on to sense of humor. I think the crying for me is all the tears I did not shed when I was dealing with all pre-surgery issues... let the tears flow and then laugh some more!!!I may go and volunteer the use of my belly at a haunted house... what do you think? When my kids get mouthy I threaten to show them my belly... Happy day!
Unread 10-26-2007, 11:58 AM

hypersyster....I have had that thought as well "am I ever going to feel better, or am i ever going to feel normal again." I am also a newlywed and god bless my husband! 5 weeks before my surgery, I had a LEEP procedure. So 3 weeks into our marraige I had this LEEP done. The poor guy has to wait a total of 11 weeks. Last night he looked at me with these puppy dog eyes and said" how much longer are we almost there yet?" i feel so bad and am so grateful to have such a wonderful supportive man in my life today! I guess it is not only us Hystersisters who are learning about patience, but our family members as well.

Thank you and SMILES!
Unread 10-26-2007, 12:34 PM

Northof49: Have you ever had your blood sugar checked? My dh and mom are diabetic (type 2 adult onset)and the symptoms you are describing- nausea, faintness, cold and clammy are what they feel when their blood sugar is low. Just thought I would throw that out there.
Unread 10-26-2007, 01:25 PM

I am at exactly 3 weeks post op today and I am as bored as can be. I have abdominal cramps every now and then and my lower back aches but other than that I am ready to go back to work. I work the weekends on the GI floor at our hospital and I am hoping to go back next weekend. I will say that I felt like after the first 5 days I feel like I have been on a vacation. I have been back to school now for 2 weeks and have this next weekend to work on my nursing careplan so I am glad to be off of work this weekend.

My husband scheduled me for a massage and a manicure tomorrow so I am pretty excited about that. It has been raining for the past week and I believe the rain has finally stopped so I intended on taking a few breaks from writing my paper to enjoy the weekend some hopefully before I go back to work next weekend. Take everyone !!!!
Unread 10-26-2007, 02:34 PM

I went to work... STUPID.... WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!?!?!? After I finally got home, I took three pain pills and went to bed, crawled home was more like it. I thought since my job is mostly sitting, what the heck? Wrong, I am up and down out of my chair a million times.
SITTING.. is fine.
GETTING UP AND DOWN AND UP AND DOWN... is NOT fine.
Don't do it, stay home, we need to heal. I'm not going back, even if its for three hours, nope, not gonna just stop by, not doing any of it.

Doc say...OUr bodies go into a metabolic disorder type thing where all of our energy is going into making new cells and healing, we will be exhausted for two months. TWO MONTHS. If we don't take it easy, we will not heal as well and it will take longer.

I started driving after the second week, it was no big deal. The part that WAS the big deal was walking around Michael's ... STUPID. I've been out for lunch and stuff. But, you must go right home and lay down. I'm done being stupid. I"m sorry this last week, week number three was spent thinking I was much better than I really am.

My best friend says, ..."For *&%$, you just had you abdomen sliced open, your intestines sitting on your chest and your organs removed, your intestines put back after hundreds of stitches and then they sewed you closed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do you expect?!?!??!"

So, get the message girls???
We need to stay home and heal.

PS.. nausea, dizzy, cramps, you guys need to call your doctors, that is not normal for recovery. Please.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register