2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 44 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 10-29-2007, 07:53 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi,
I'll be 4 weeks tomorrow. I'm not feeling like I thought I would. Better than the past weeks though. My main problem is being so sore after being on my feet. I don't really have any cramping it's mostly pain in my vaginal area. Went to target yesterday. I had been walking for about 20 minutes and I literally could not take another step. I had to have my DD go get a wheelchair. It's frustrating because I feel pretty good otherwise. Well enough to be doing things, but the soreness gets me down. I'm happy to hear that many of you are feeling good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2007, 08:26 AM

going into my 4th week today. Feel really good in the morning and then the evening comes around and I feel stiff and the left side of my incision starts to hurt. Have been using ice almost every evening. Besides that doing rather well. A have been spotting for the first time since surgery on 10-8-07, I have heard this is normal due to the insides now starting to heal. I will take it extra careful this week knowing that. Am tired again starting this week, taking one nap a day. Starting to wonder about getting myself back into shape . My job consists of a,ot of walking, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling. I feel like my legs need the extra help and my arms. Will ask the doc on my post-op visit 11-6-7 about what I can start doing to get my muscles back into shape or else I will have to start work slowly , maybe just 3-4 hrs a day instead of the usual 8-10. I am in retail/management and I am due back at the store 2 days before Thanksgiving. wooohooo!! i love my job. REALLY. Luck to all. and remember keep resting and remember to listen to your body. Its not over 'til it's over.
Unread 10-29-2007, 08:30 AM

I am also 4 weeks tomorrow. I really thought that I would feel stronger than I do, although today I feel almost normal but every time I do feel like this I tend to need loads of rest the next day. I do feel that I am taking a massive leap forward some days and then having to take several steps back. I was expecting at the end of 6 weeks to be able to virtually operate normally, but if I feel like this at 4 weeks am I really going to improve that much in the next 2 weeks? I am finding this recovery period so frustrating. I do hope that everyone else is feeling ok.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2007, 08:36 AM

Frustration caught up to me this week. And I know what you maen about being only 2 weeks away. maybe the next two weeks will be the best. i am finding that sitting for a long period of time stiffens me up more during this week. Yet, walking alot tires me out. What to do, what to do. Like I said I will listen to my body and do what IT tells me to do. If that means going back to bed and playing my Nintendo DS/Tetris, that's what I will do. lol My only real problem is that my Hubby is back at work and when the dog has to go,well... the dog has to go. Her name is Chloe. take care evryone
Unread 10-29-2007, 08:52 AM

Good morning Ladies!

Today is a better day, a far cry from what I was feeling on Sat! I am more awake then I have been, however I do tire easy. From what I have been reading on here it is probably going to be that way for a while. My biggest struggle is excepting the tiredness and the fact that this is not a bounce right back normal right away surgery. I am also learning and excepting to not push myself to hard, unfortunatly I learned the hard way and got an infection that landed me back into the hospital for four days. So i do a little bit and then rest weather my body is telling me to or not. In the beginning I pushed until i could not any longer, today I dont wait for my body says enough. i admit that it is not easy, especailly if your like me and got to get things done all the time and not fufilled until you complete those things. i guess it falls in the line of being humble...I am not one to ask for help. So I am learning that i need to swallow my pride and ask for help so i can heal properly. I need to remeber that this is only temporary and each day is a better day as long as I do not overdo it the day before.

Okay ladies the problem now is that all of this resting and sitting is killing my rear end!!! My upper leg muscles tailbone and cheeks hurt so bad!!! I took a short walk yesterday and today it is not much better, it interferrs with my sleep, the pain and the leggs falling asleep...UGGG so I sit for a bit and walk from the bedroom to the livingroom a few times before sitting again. Well this is another one of those things that will pass as well! hopefully each day it will get better as well.

Have a great day and
Unread 10-29-2007, 08:58 AM

Wackadoo..thats my problem too. The rear end, upper thighs, Thats why I can't wait to visit the dr. next wekk to see what I can start doing on an exercise level to get back into shape,or atleast where I was) before surgery. My legs were falling aslepp alot last week. In the middle of the night and during the day. Not so much this week. i started to eat atleast 2 bananas a day and that seemed to help with the legs.
Unread 10-29-2007, 09:21 AM

Bananas? Does that help with muscle soreness? I tell you what, i am going to start eating!!!

Thank you,
Jenn
Unread 10-29-2007, 09:24 AM

Bananas have Potassium in them , and hopefully someone else can help you with why they seem to help me. My mother-in-law suggested them to my hubby. I started to eat 2 a day and it seemed to help. I'm going to research it right now.
Unread 10-29-2007, 09:29 AM

DITTO on the researching!!! Thank you again.
Unread 10-29-2007, 10:43 AM

Today is week 4 post-op and I still feel great!! When folks ask how I am they can't believe that I feel better now than I have in years. My teenage stamina is back (ok- so I still feel 16 at heart). I have laughed with my family so much over these last 4 weeks- and the energy is unreal. Still not over doing it but it's hard to pace yourself when you feel so good. Had 2 days last week where I was just tuckered out- slept most of those days- but back to feelin' alive again!! Wish all of the sis' had my success. 2 days post-op I asked my Dr. when I should start having "pain" and he simply replied "the hand of God must be on your forehead because you should be feeling quite a bit of discomfort". Thankfully God's hand has been on me each and every day as I have had on slight discomfort through all of this!! Best wishes to everyone!! Staci

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register