2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 446 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 12-13-2011, 02:23 PM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Hi ladies,

Today during lunch I stopped by to see 2 of my friends. One I had not talked to in awhile so it was good to catch up. The other one is my former co-worker and a few weeks ago she was transferred back to this building.

Today dd has mandatory choir rehearsal from 3 to 4:30 to run through their holiday concert which is tomorrow evening. I will get to pick her up on the way home. We are having steak, potatoes, veggies. I have to bake some peanut butter cookies this evening for the bake sale at the concert tomorrow.

Hyper - how fun to make a gingerbread house. I know what you mean about the hard bleachers...my back can't take them for a long time. Did you get your tree? We are getting ours on Saturday. I'm behind on my laundry. I did a load when I got home yesterday. Hopefully I can get another load or 2 done this evening. I also will be interested in hearing what your doctor says. Have a relaxing evening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2011, 09:23 AM

Good morning ladies,

My boss is back today, and she has a full day of meetings. I was invited to lunch today by one of our units. They are bringing food in....their Christmas luncheon. That worked out for me because I didn't have to pack a lunch.

I dropped dd off at school at 6am. A few students were there waiting for the choir director to arrive. She pulled in right before we did. The bus was leaving at 6:15 and they would be back at school around 8ish. I'll be curious to hear about the performance. Their school holiday concert is this evening at 7pm and she needs to be there at 6pm. I will be working the bake sale. For dinner I am picking up subway as I will not have time to cook.

Hyper - have a good day off today. How has your weather been? How is your Christmas shopping going? I have a few things left to get...maybe Friday evening we will go out.
Unread 12-15-2011, 01:37 PM

Hi ladies,

It has been a busy morning. Got several things done. I'm working on payroll now as it is due tomorrow.

My drive home yesterday was a nightmare....major traffic due to a truck fire on the freeway. It collided with a car and burst into flames. The truck ended up under a bridge and there was damage to the bridge. That is the main reason they have closed the freeway until it is repaired and safe. In the meantime I have to take side streets. Yesterday it took me 2-1/2 hrs. to get home. This morning it took me an hour.

Dd's choir concert was very nice last night. It was just what I needed after that drive home. Each of the groups did really well. This evening dd's choir group is singing at a restaurant for someone's Christmas party.

I am taking a vacation day tomorrow. Dd's choir group is performing at a country club and I will be one of the parent drivers. I was going to come into work for a few hours but decided not to because I don't want to take a chance in being late due to the freeway closure. I know dd is excited that tomorrow is their last day because it has been a busy week for her.

Hyper - hope you are doing well. Have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2011, 03:17 PM

Hi ladies,

Yesterday I went to physical therapy in the morning. I went through my Christmas list to see what I have left to get. Last night we went to the advent service at church. It was actually a song service. It was very nice. We went to the advent supper first. They had egg bakes. They were pretty good.

Today I finished my last physical therapy. I haven't felt much improvement unfortunately. I go back to my doctor tomorrow afternoon, so I'll see what he says. DH has a christmas dinner tonight for the employees in his department. Spouses were invited, but I'm not going because it's too hard for me to sit for long periods of time.

Scrapper that is bad that the freeway is closed. That does make the drive to work very stressful. How was the Christmas lunch? Our weather has been kind of crazy. Most of this week it was in the 40's which is very warm for this time of year. But today is very cold again and they say it will get down to the teens tonight. My Christmas shopping has been going kind of slow. I can't shop alone because I can't push a shopping cart, so I've had to rely on dh to take me. I have ordered some things online. We have a little more to finish up which we will do on Saturday after work. DH and the kids will get our tree on Sat. while I'm at work. DD has been having alot of concerts. That is nice. Enjoy your 3 day weekend.

Have a nice day.
Unread 12-16-2011, 09:11 AM

Good morning ladies,

I got to sleep in an extra hour this morning. I took dd to school and will hav emy breakfast shortly. Then I am going to take the dogs for a walk...they will love it and I can get some exercise in to.

Then I need to run a few errands. The choir performance is at 1pm today but the director said we need to leave the school by 12:40. I told dd that I will get to school by 12:15 and just park & wait. I will be taking 3 students in addition to dd. I know she is relieved today is her last day of school..she is tired.

The performance last night went well. It was a group's monthly meeting. They were very appreciative that the students came to perform for them. They thanked us the parents for getting our students there. It took me 2-1/2 hours to get home yesterday. They started tearing down the portion of the overpass that was most damaged. They think maybe the freeway will open sometime over the weekend.

This evening dd and I will go do some shopping ...hopefully finish it up. Tomorrow morning I am taking my car in for service and then we are getting our tree. Not much else planned for tomorrow...we will probably just stay ome & decorate the tree and watch TV.

Hyper - the advent service sounds like it was very nice. I hope the doctor can give you more info since the PT didn't really benefit you. Aww...that is too bad you won't be able to join dh at his Christmas dinner. The Christmas lunch I was invited to was very yummy. They sure had a variety of food. Have a good day & enjoy your weekend.
Unread 12-19-2011, 10:19 AM

Good morning ladies,

Things at work are pretty quiet. Our schools are off on break now. My boss is off on vacation today. So I'm catching up on work.

Dd is off now and sleeping in...she just called me and said she was going to make her breakfast. Dh took today & tomorrow off. he scheduled an eye doctor appt.

We had a good weekend. Friday the choir performance was very nice. We got back to the school close to 2pm. Dd and I went to pick up some lunch. Later on we went to run errands. I stopped at Target and finished up my Christmas shopping. Saturday I dropped my car off to be serviced and walked to the gym. After my workout I stopped at the mall for some gift cards. I received a phone call from the dealership about my car. They found a couple of problems...but luckily they were covered under the extended warranty plan. So they had my car for most of the day. Dh came to pick me up from the mall. I did some cleaning, laundry, and went through my stack of mail. We went to buy our tree in the evening.

Yesterday we went to church and went home to have lunch. Did a couple more things around the house. then went to the cemetery & to dinner with my dad & sisters.

Hyper - hope you had a good weekend. How did your doctor appt go? did you get your tree? I just love the way it smells in the house. Enjoy your day off.
Unread 12-19-2011, 02:54 PM

Hi ladies,

We had a busy weekend. Friday i went to my appt. I have to have an MRI to see how severe the herniation is and if there is more than one disk involved. i go back to my doc for the results. Then he will refer me to a ortho surgeon who specializes in the neck. The two options I will have is a shot in the neck or worst case would be surgery. it will depend on what the mri shows.

Saturday after work dh took me to finish my Christmas shopping. We didn't get hom until 9. Sunday it was dd and lds's christmas program. DH got our tree while I was at work. When we got home from the christmas service we decorated the tree. Today I did some wrapping and got my house cleaned.

Scrapper when does dd go back to shcool? My kids are off from the 22 through Jan. 3rd. I got good news. my pto was approved so I will be off Dec. 24th. through Jan. 3. Yes I love how the tree smells as well. Thank you for the christmas card. It was nice. I'm sorry, I didn't send out cards this year. It's been hard getting things done this year because dh has to take me most places. I don't drive outside of town right now because it is too painful.

Have a nice day.
Unread 12-20-2011, 11:24 AM

Good morning ladies,

I will be leaving work at 11am today. I wasn't scheduled to be in today but I noticed that my boss had a busy day of meetings. So I wanted to make sure that she had everything she needed for the day. Tomorrow will be my last day and I come back on Jan. 3rd.

This afternoon dd has a haircut appt and then pictures for her birthday. We are doing the picture as an invite to her party. I can't believe she will be 18.

I am making beef tacos for dinner. After dinner we will finish decorating the tree. Dd put the lights on yesterday...even with just the lights it looks nice.

Hyper - it will be good to see what the MRI shows. This way they will know what treatment will work for you to give you relief from the pain. That was good that you finished your Christmas shopping. Sounds like you had a productive day off yesterday. I'm sure the kids Christmas program was nice. I am so happy that your pto time was approved. It will be nice to be off with the kids. Isure am looking forward to sleeping in and just relaxing. Dd's break is from Dec. 19 through Jan. 3rd.

Have a good day.
Unread 12-20-2011, 01:47 PM

Hi ladies,

DD has a basketball game after school today. She is going to ride their with her friend and dh will go there later and catch the end of the game and bring her home. dd and lds's christmas parties at school will be thursday, their last day. They want to wrap their exchange gifts and teachers gifts tonight and bring them tomorrow to put under their trees.

I plan to do more wrapping tomorrow while the kids are at school.

Scrapper I'm glad that you will have a nice long break as well. I'm with you, i'm looking forward to sleeping in and relaxing. That was nice of you to go in to work this morning to help your boss out. I'm sure she appreciated it. I can't believe dd will be 18 either. If I remember correctly she has a new year's birthday?

Have a good day.
Unread 12-21-2011, 01:38 PM

Hi ladies,

I am so excited that today is my last day of work. So looking forward to the time off. It is rather quiet since our schools are already off on break. Good time to do catching up.

Yesterday afternoon took dd to get her hair trimmed....she loves her long hair so just got an inch cut off. They did a very nice style....a braid right on top and the rest of her hair down & curled. After that we headed to the mall for pictures. We love the way they came out. Her invite will have 3 poses on it. I'll se if I can take a picture of the picture or scan it.

This evening we are headed to the gym. Stop and order pies for Sunday, and a quick stop at the market. We will do more wrapping after dinner tonight. I will make sure to turn my alarm off before going to bed tonight.

Hyper - hope you got more wrapping done today. I haven't wrapped dd's gifts yet. Will have to do that once she falls asleep. Is your MRI scheduled yet? Yes, you are correct dd birthday is on new years. I am sure dd & lds
are excited about the gift exchange at school and they are all excited about their break. Have a great day.
Hyper -

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register