2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 447 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 12-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Hi ladies,

Today lds and dd's school came to my work to do their Christmas program. We always have our school and the catholic school come every year. It was fun to see them.

I did finish almost all of my wrapping yesterday. A couple of things came today that I ordered for bds so I just have to get those wrapped.

I am actually off now until Jan. 3rd. I was supposed to work tomorrow, but I finally got my MRI scheduled for tomorrow morning at 8am then later in the day I go to my ortho doctor to get the results. So my supervisor took me off the schedule.

The kids were really excited when I picked them up today to show me what they got from their exchange gifts. DD has a friend over. I'm making frozen pizza for supper. Her friends parents will pick her up later.

Scrapper I know how you feel about being excited to start Christmas break. I am too. DD's hair sounds really cute, I can imagine her pictures are really nice. If we don't talk before Christmas, I wish you and your family and very Merry Christmas!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2011, 07:51 PM

Hi ladies,

I got to sleep in some this morning...not as late as I wanted to. Dh woke me up shortly after 7am to ask me something. His last day of work is tomorrow. Our school district shuts down next week so we take vacation tion. I stayed in bed until after 8am watching the news.

Dd and I went to the gym after breakfast, then came home to shower & have lunch. We left for my haircut appt. On the way home we stopped to order the pies for Christmas and at the mall to pick up her pictures. We are very pleased with them.

I have bbq chicken in the oven. After dinner I am going to make brownies and then do some wrapping.

It has been a cool & windy day.

Hyper - what a treat to have dd & lds come to your work to perform. That is great that you have most of your wrapping done. Good luck with your MRI tomorrow...let me know how the doctor appt goes as well. Thank you...Merry Christmas to you & your family as well! Enjoy your time off.
Unread 12-26-2011, 02:15 PM

Hi ladies,

Hope you had a very nice Christmas. Ours was very nice. On Christmas Eve we got together at my sister in law & brother in law's house for breakfast. The kids opened up their gifts and then we went to deliver the gifts to the youth shelter. They gave us a tour of the facility...it is very nice. The age range of the kids is 12-17 and they are there for 2 weeks. Counseling is mandatory for the parents.

Yesterday my family & one brother in law came over for dinner. We had a nice time and of course lots of food. I don't have to cook today since we had plenty of left overs. Dd and I got back from taking the dogs for a walk. The weather is very pleasant. I started on laundry too to get it out of the way. Not much else going on today. Just picking up and putting gifts away. I got gift cards and bath stuff.

Hyper - hope you had a great Christmas and that you are enjoying your time off. Have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2011, 06:57 PM

Hi ladies,

We've been enjoying our time off together. We had a very nice Christmas. On Christmas Eve day the kids and I baked cookies. In the evening we let the kids each open a gift from DH and I. Lds still believes in Santa, so we had the santa tracker up on our computer and he kept checking to see where Santa was. It was very cute. We had a meat and cheese tray and watched our favorite Christmas movie "it's a wonderful life". We opened our gifts on Christmas morning. We spent the day playing with the kids until we had our Christmas dinner. We also have a lot of leftovers. DH had a taped several Christmas movies, so in the evening we all snuggled in and had hot chocolate and watched a couple movies.

Yesterday dh and I went shopping to see if we could find any deals. We did find a few things. The kids got money for Christmas from their grandmas, so today we took them shopping and they each got something. We are just relaxing this evening.

I had my MRI on Friday. The results showed that I have a bulged disk rather than herniated and it is non surgical. And I also do have some injury to my shoulder. The doctor said it will all heal with time. So he gave me another cortisone shot and 4 more weeks of physical therapy. I have had some very slight relief from the pain. I just hope that I will be pain free sooner than later. But not having to have surgery was good news.

Scrapper your Christmas sounds very nice. That is nice that you got to take a tour of the youth shelter. We have been sleeping in every day, and it has been nice. We're going to get spoiled. DH has to go back to work on Thursday, but only has to work thursday and friday and then he'll be off the rest of the time we are.

Enjoy your evening.
Unread 12-28-2011, 09:01 PM

Hi ladies,

It has been a sad day for us. We had to put ur dachsund to sleep this morning. He has been sick for a little over 2 weeks and just got worse. Last night he cried through the night like he as in pain so we decided that he was suffering too much. He didn't look well either. So it has been a rough day.

Dd had choir practice today for her group the altos. The practice was held at her best friend's house. So while she was there I went to the gym and to the car wash. My car was so dirty...had not been washed in months because we kept having rain off and on. Dd's childhood best friend came over so they could exchange gifts. She just left awhile ago. Her mom had to go to the mall so left her here so they could catch up awhile. They had fun playing the Wii.

Tomorrow taking dd back to the doctor to have her TB test checked. Then in the afternoon she is going to her godmother's house to bake a cake. I know she will love that.

Hyper - I know what you mean that we are getting spoiled about sleeping in. We too have been taking advantage of that. It sure is nice being off. Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas. How cute of lds wathcing to see where Santa was at. I'm glad to hear that you don't have to have surgery. Hope this next round of PT will help out. Take care.
Unread 12-29-2011, 09:08 AM

Good morning ladies,

Yesterday dd had her birthday party. Her and one of her best friend's birthday's are a week apart. I was having dinner with my friend awhile back (who is dd's friends mom) and we were talking about how hard it was to plan a party when their birthdays are so close to Christmas, so we decided it might be nice to have a combined party and have it over the break. they both have the same friends so it worked out nice. The girls all came to my house first for cake and presents. then we took them to an indoor skating rink. You could use roller blades or skates. They had a great time. DH took the boys out while we were gone.

Today the kids and I are going to do some cleaning and organizing. We are going to go through their rooms and get rid of things they don't use and clean and organize. I'm hoping we will be able to get it all done today.

Scrapper I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. But you did the right thing since he was suffering so badly. DD sure is busy. She has been doing alot of fun things. That's nice.

Enjoy your day
Unread 12-31-2011, 04:22 PM

Hi ladies,

We got lds and bds rooms cleaned and organized on Thursday. Yesterday we did dd's. They look nice and it's always a good feeling to have that done. They did most of the work since I couldn't do much lifting and bending. I mostly supervised.

Today we are just having a relaxing day. I have bbq pulled pork in the crockpot. We will have that with some coleslaw and diced baked potatoes for our New Year's eve meal. We have some snacks for later. We are just relaxing and bringing in the new year at home. BDS is going to a New Year's Eve party at his friend's house. He will sleep over. Lds and dd are excited to stay up until midnight.

Scrapper hope you are enjoying your break. Have a nice New Year's. Happy birthday to DD tomorrow!!
Unread 12-31-2011, 10:29 PM

Hi ladies,

Happy New Year!!! WE have had a busy day today...we spent the day cleaning. We focused on the backyard...washed down the patio, cleaned the chairs and pulled out the chairs from the shed. We finished up around 2pm. Tomorrow will be just set up...putting the tables out and covering them with the tablecloths, etc.

I did the marketing. One last stop tomorrow when we pick up the cake & chicken. We also decided on grilling burgers & hot dogs.

Dd and I went to church since we won't have time tomorrow. Then we all went out to dinner. We got back around 8:30. I just finished vaccuming and we are doing last minute picking up around the dining room & living room. Then we will sit and watch TV.

I have a slight cold. I felt my throat scratchy all day yesterday. I thought great right at the end of vacation when it is almost time to go back to work.

Hyper - how fun dd's bday party sounds. Combining it with her best friend seems to have worked perfectly. Sounds like everyone had a good time. I agree that it is a great feeling cleaning out & organizing rooms and closets. Glad that is checked off. Than you for the birthday wishes for my dd. OH by the way, I took her yesterday to take her permit test...she passed it. She walked out of the exam room and said "finally." Now she gets to practice driving before she takes the driving test. We told her no rush for that. We just want her to get enough practice so she feels comfortable behind the wheel.
Unread 01-02-2012, 09:43 AM

Good morning ladies,

Last day of vacation. It's been nice. I hate to see it end. Yesterday we took our tree down and all of our decorations. The house looks so bare now. We mostly just relaxed the rest of the day. We had ham for our New Year's dinner.

Today we are taking the kids to see chipwrecked. It is very cold out today though. We'll have to bundle up.

Scrapper hope dd had a nice birthday and she had fun at her party. I hope that you are feeling better. I had a little bit of a scratchy throat on Saturday but luckily it went away.

Have a nice day.
Unread 01-03-2012, 09:46 AM

Good morning,

Back to reality....I am back at work. Hard to get back into the routine. My boss took an extra day off so she will be back tomorrow. Our schools are still off this week...the students return on the 9th.

I put up my new calendars, changed the time clock and reorganized the papers on my cubicle wall. I went through my work folder to see what I need to get done. Not a whole lot so that is good.

Dd got to sleep in another day. She goes back tomorrow. Although this evening she has choreography practice. We slept in yesterday until 9:30. We were tired from her birthday party and then we went to bed late. So we had a leisure day. I got marketing done and we went to the gym. I didn't have to cook because we had leftovers.

Dd had a fun time at her birthday party. Four of her friends were able to come plus we had the family over as well. She got clothes, cash, gift cards and we got her 2 more games for the Wii. Yesterday she took out her Christmas gifts too so she could see what she got. So she has gift cards to Kohls, Target, Sears, and Forever 21. I told her we could go shopping on Friday after work.

Hyper - Hope you enjoyed your last day of vacation. I didn't want it to end myself. I know what you mean about the house looking bare without the tree and decorations. Sure makes a difference. How was Chipwrecked? The only movie we went to see was The Descendants with George Clooney. It was really good but sad. My cold is still with me...I am congested now. I don't feel too bad...just kind of tired.

Have a good day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register