2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 450 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 01-18-2012, 01:43 PM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Hi ladies,

We had a nice time at our birthday celebration for dh. We laughed alot and had fun. When we were done we all played a game of apples to apples. It was a nice evening.

Today I caught up on my laundry. My boss called today. We are getting a new client in our unit. He is totally dependent and is very time consuming to get up in the morning. She told me they want me to start coming in at 6 am on weekdays. I will still come at 7am on my weekends for the time being. The other two staff already start at 6. I don't mind, it will be some extra hours on my paycheck. I will have to get used to getting up an hour earlier. I start the new schedule next Tuesday.

I put a roast and potatoes in the crockpot this morning. All I will need to do is make a couple more side dishes.

Scrapper congrats to dd on her perfect score. You have been busy at work, but I'm sure it makes the day go by fast. It has been very cold her as well. They're saying we could have a minus 25 windchill in the morning. But it's supposed to warm back up a bit next week. Yes, I did have my latte when we went to starbucks. It's my favorite.

Have a great day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2012, 01:18 PM

Hello ladies,

Today has been less hectic at work. That is good so I've been able to get my work done. I am trying to clean my desk up and leave nothing pending. I have a furlough day tomorrow. This year we have to take 4 and we need to takethem all by the end of April. So I have scheduled one a month and around dd's days off, etc.

I am leaving early today around 1:45. Dd has an appt at 3pm at the district in the early education program office. This is to clear her to volunteer in the preschool classroom.

Dd is done with finals. She was home by 10:20 this morning. She doesn't have a 6th period. So she could leave after her 1st final today. I will check at the end of the day to see if her grades have been posted.

So we will be able to go to the gym earlier today. We are going after the 3pm appt. I am making breakfast for dinner. It will be nice to relax and stay up a little later. Dd has tomorrow off as well. It is their semester break.

Hyper - sure sounds like dh's birthday celebration was fun. Your roast and potatoes sound yummy. How long does it take to cook in the crockpot? It will be nice to have extra hours on your check. Like you said it will take some getting used to getting up an hour earlier. I know the lattes are my favorite drink too. I got a couple of Starbucks gift cards for Christmas so it has been a nice treat. Have a good afternoon/evening.
Unread 01-19-2012, 01:53 PM

Hi ladies,

It is very cold today. It was 9 below when I left for work. DD has a basketball game after school in another town. She is riding with some of the other players. We are having leftovers for supper tonight. Nothing going on for this evening. We will watch t.v. and relax.

Scrapper how nice to have a 3 day weekend. It's nice that you will be off with your dd. The roast takes 8 hours in the crockpot. I usually will make a roast on my day off so I am not rushed preparing it to put in the crockpot since it has to go in early. I'm sure dd is glad that her finals are done.

Have a nice three day weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2012, 07:33 PM

Hello ladies,

Dd and I had a nice day off. We got to sleep in which was great. We spent most of the day out shopping. WE used most of our gift cards. She bought clothes, pjs, a CD, disney character bowls. I bought some sports bras and some tops (casual) like for the weekends. We had chinese food for lunch and at the end of our shopping we got frozen yogurt...yummy!!

She wants to go to the movies. I am going to check the movie schedule to see what times are good. I am going to check if dh is working late today.

Tomorrow we have my cousin's baby shower. I have the gift and just need to wrap it up. One of my sisters said she will come here and then we will go in one car. That is about all going on for the weekend. We are supposed to be getting rain starting tonight. We will see how much we get. It is pretty cool already.

Hyper - hope you had a good day. Have a good weekend.
Unread 01-22-2012, 04:41 PM

Hi ladies,

We've had a good weekend. On Friday evening dd had her girl pioneers meeting.

Saturday we relaxed most of the day. Bds had 2 parties to go to in the evening. DH and I had plans to go out for dinner. So bds walked to the first party since it was close to our house. DH and I went to my favorite mexican restaurant. We had a nice dinner out. When we got back I picked up bds from the first party and took him to the second one. He got a ride home from a friend. The rest of us watched t.v. for the evening.

Today I caught up my laundry. Lds and dd had friends over. We are having pizza for supper then we will watch t.v. for the evening.

Tomorrow morning I go for the MRI on my shoulder. I was supposed to see my doctor this coming Friday for the results but I got a call that he will be in surgery so now my appt. has been rescheduled to the following friday, Feb. 3rd. That was a little disappointing.

Scraooer hope you are enjoying your 3 day weekend. I look forward to hearing from you.
Unread 01-23-2012, 02:18 PM

Hi ladies,

We had a good weekend...enjoyed my 3 day weekend. Dd and I had a fun time on Friday...we were tired by the time we got home. Shopped mostly, went to lunch and didn't make it to the movies as we were tired.
My cousin's baby shower was nice on Saturday. I got to see lots of my cousins I had not seen in awhile. They got lots of nice gifts. They are expecting a boy next month. Yesterday after church I did marketing & continued on laundry. In the afternoon we went to leave my mom her flowers and then met my dad & sisters for dinner.

It is a rainy day and cold too. It is supposed to last through the evening. Dh had his colonoscopy today. I dropped him off this morning at 7am then went to work. They called me from the hospital at 11:30 that he was ready to be discharged. I told my boss that I wouldn't be going back to work especially having to drive back in the rain. She said OK. I will get to pick dd up from school...great because of the rain. She did have to walk in the rain this morning.

Not much going on this evening. Dd and I will go to the gym and stop off at the market to pick up ingredients for our chicken salad. Today is the first day of the 2nd semester for dd...hard to believe half of the school year is done.

Hyper - sounds like you had a nice weekend..relaxing. That is nice that you and dh got out to dinner...even better to your favorite place. Sounds like the kids had fun spending time with their friends. That is too bad that your MRI results will be delayed. Enjoy the rest of your day.
Unread 01-23-2012, 04:24 PM

Hi ladies,

I had my MRI this morning. Now I have to wait 2 weeks to get the results. DH took a PTO day today. He went with me to my MRI appt. Afterwards we went to target to get some things that we needed then we stopped for lunch. DD and bds's glasses came in. When we pick up the kids from school we took them to get their glasses. They both look nice in them.

I'm making cheeseburger macaroni for supper. Then just relaxing for the evening. Tomorrow is my first day going in at 6. I am sure not looking forward to getting up an hour earlier.

Scrapper your weekend sounds nice. Glad you and dd had fun on Friday. A perfect way to spend your extra day off. Yes shopping is tiring. That's nice that you got to see alot of your cousins. I'm sure dd was glad she didn't have to walk home in the rain. Today is also the first day of 2nd semester for my kids. Lds and dd will bring their report cards home on Wed. Bds's will come in the mail.

Enjoy your evening.
Unread 01-24-2012, 02:51 PM

good afternoon ladies,

It has been a busy day for me. I had work to catch up on because I left work early yesterday. Phone calls have been busy but not too bad.

During lunch I just stayed in the building didn't get outdoors to walk. I had to pick up my slacks from the cleaners here in the building. I went to put that in the car then put a CD from netflix in the mail. Last stop was the cafeteria to get something to drink and a cornbread for my salad.

This evening dd has choreography practice. After I drop her off I will go to the gym. I think I will workout on my own instead of doing the class. This way I can get home and have dinner before I have to pick her up at 8pm. Not much else going on after that...relax and watch some TV.

It was nice being home early yesterday. Dd was glad that we were back home and that I was able to pick her up after school. It had stopped raining but it was cold. Shortly after we got home dd said that it had started raining again. We watched TV and we each had a blanket...it was cold in
the house. Dh rested & slept most of the afternoon.

Hyper - I know it is hard getting up an hour earlier. Hope your day went well. Sounds like you had a good day getting things done yesterday. Nice that dh was off. Can you believe the first half of the school year is over?? So fast. Dd's choir group competitions start next month. She said that they have finished choreographing their show now it is cleaning up the details and working on the time it takes to complete their costume change. Tonight they have to bring both of their outfits with them. Dd's report card gets sent home, but the grades are posted online so I can check them. She got all A's.

Have a good evening.
Unread 01-25-2012, 08:15 AM

Good morning ladies,

Yesterday we got our new resident at work. He is very young. Only 24. He is definitely the youngest in our unit. He is totally dependent. He does have all of his faculties and is actually very smart. He can't speak, but communicate with some kind of computer device that is attached to his wheelchair. He is going to be alot of work, he is our most dependent resident in our unit.

DD had a bb game last night. She rode with a friend. Unfortunately they lost. DH had to work late so the boys and I watched some t.v.

My supervisor at work is going to be on an episode of super nanny. It airs January 31st on the Lifetime channel. She has 4 boys and I had heard many rumors that they were very out of control. I'm definitely going to tape it.

Today I have a touch of a stomach bug. I'm just going to stay home. I have a show taped that I want to watch.

Scrapper congrats to dd on all A's. That is great! It sounds like you had a cozy evening all snuggled with blankets. You have been having alot of rain. We have been having snow off and on. About an inch or so each time. I can't complain though, so far this has been a very tame winter for us.

Have a good day
Unread 01-25-2012, 09:02 AM

Good morning ladies,

I cleared some boxes I had around my cubicle. Also yesterday before I left, toner for our copier was delivered. I just opened it this morning and there was only 1 bottle of toner and I ordered 4. I will have to give them a call.

I am going to walk over to the library during lunch. I have to return some books. I get to start the next one that I checked out. I did finish the Nora Roberts Bride Quartet...enjoyed it very much. The next couple of days are warming up for us.

Dd said their choreography practice went well. The costume change is what they worked on. She said it won't be too bad. I have to put the dates of her competition in my organizer. I signed the trip slip last night.

Dd has sectionals practice this evening...all of the altos get together for practice. Each section has their own practice which is scheduled by the leader of that group. It is required that they practice for 2 hrs. a month. I will drop her off at 5 and she will be done at 7:30.

I talked to my dad last night to see how his doctor appt went. It was with the cardiologist. He has to go back on Feb. 2nd for follow up. The doctor told him that his heart sounds normal but then his heart rate drops. So they want to find out why. They also scheduled him for a procedure on Feb. 23rd which my dad couldn't explain to me. I am going to go with him on Feb. 2nd to get the details.

Hyper - your new resident sure is young. Hope it works out. I will have to record that episode of Super Nanny. Interesting show but wow some of those kids are out of control and so disrespectful to their parents. Feel better and have a relaxing day. Snuggle up with a blanket...LOL...it is great. That is awesome that your winter has been a tame one.

Have a good day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register