2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 452 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 02-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Good morning & happy Friday ladies,

I was still sleepy this morning. I wanted to keep on sleeping. I stayed up a little later watching TV that is why I had a hard time getting up. It was very chilly too.

I have a variety of things to get done today. During lunch I am going to the flower mart for flowers. Besides the flowers for the cemetery I am going to get one for home.

This evening dd, 2 of her friends, and myself are going to a choir competition at a local college. The choir director wants them to go observe so they know what to expect at their competition next Friday. This way they can see who their competition is. We will leave pretty much as soon as I get home. One friend will be at the house already and then we will go pick up her other friend on the way.

The only other plans for the weekend are my haircut appt tomorrow and then birthday dinner for a cousin on dh's side. it is going to be at their house. They have a pool and dd is excited because it is going to be warm tomorrow.

When I got home yesterday, dd was decorating her cupcakes. They came out cute even though she got frustrated because the frosting wasn't coming out right. She had all of her cake decorating supplies out. She had them separated in 3 different containers for her friends. I will be interested to hear about their reaction.

We went to the gym and then stopped to pick up dinner. We had dinner and relaxed. I cleaned off the dining room table from the mail and other things. We brought the other half of our sandwich for lunch today.

Hyper - hope your day is going well. If I recall, you get your MRI results today? Have a good Friday and enjoy your weekend!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2012, 03:16 PM

Hi ladies,

I left work today at 11:30 for my drs. appt. My MRI showed that I have an inflamed rotator cuff. He revised my restrictions a bit. I can now do two person transfers. I can't do any transfers by myself. I can now do cares on the independent residents. He said this will eventually heal on its own. I go back for a recheck in 6 weeks.

Tomorrow dd has a basketball tournament. Sunday girls pioneers is hosting coffee hour at church and dd has her first practice for the junior varsity vollyball team. Not sure what else we'll be doing.

Scrapper cupcakes sound good. We made cookies at work today with some of the residents. I hope your dad's blood will thin out soon. You have had alot of birthday celebrations. My mom's birthday is the 11th. I have to get her gift and get it mailed.

Have a nice weekend talk with you next week.
Unread 02-06-2012, 07:48 AM

Hi Ladies,

We had a good weekend. Saturday dd had a basketball tournament. It was from 8:30 to 4:30 and it was a 2 hour drive to get there. DH took her because I felt it would be too long of a time for me to sit with the driving time and tourney. The boys and I went out for lunch and to target. DH and DD went out to eat with everyone after the tournament. They got home about 8:30. Our girls team came in 3rd place and our boys team took 1st. Then we all watched some t.v.

Sunday we went to church. Girls Pioneers hosted coffee hour, so dd and I helped with that. DD had her first volleyball practice after church. Later we all went out for dinner. We watched t.v. and relaxed in the evening.

I stopped and got some groceries this morning. I have laundry to do today and some cleaning. All of the kids have their dental checkups after school today. I'm making lemon chicken for supper.

Scrapper hope you had a nice weekend.

Have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2012, 09:48 AM

Good morning ladies,

I had a hard time getting up this morning...I was still sleepy. I did go to bed later than usual. Looking at my boss's calendar she is busy today. I think during lunch I will walk over to the post office. I have some things to mail. We are going to get rain tomorrow.

We had a nice weekend. Friday night we went to the choir competition..dd and her 2 friends. It was a great show. Their choir director was there as well as other choir members. Saturday I had my haircut appt and then dd and I went to the birthday dinner for our cousin. Dh didn't go because his back pain was acting up. He went for an xray on Friday and should know today what is causing it. I think it is a pulled muscle.

yesterday we went to church, did the marketing and then went to drop my mom's flowers off at the cemetery. We had to make a quick stop at the mall for some makeup for dd. They are wearing makeup and it is pretty specific as to color, etc. Then went to Target to pick up other things dd needed and other things for the house and a few groceries.

Today after school dd is going to her friend's house for a makeup lesson. I will pick her up after work. I am making hamburgers.

Hyper - Your weekend sounds like it was nice & relaxing. The bb tournament was quite a distance from home. Nice that both teams placed. How was dd's 1st volleyball practice? Do you have to take any meds for the inflammation? How far does your mom live? Hope all goes well with the kids dental appts today? Have a good day...productive too.
Unread 02-07-2012, 11:22 AM

Good morning ladies,

It is a rainy day here for us. it wasn't raining on the way to work so that was good. They say it isn't going to be very heavy rain. Hopefully it isn't raining hard when dd gets out of school. Today is her early day...she gets out at 12:40.

Today she has choreography rehearsal and it is a full dress rehearsal hair, makeup the whole thing. A photographer from one of the local papers is going to be there taking pictures. They are going to run a story on their choir for the paper on Thursday. We will have to buy that paper since we don't get it.

I am heading to the gym once I drop her off. I may stop off at Michaels to look around as I will have some time.

Yesterday I got to her friend's house about 4:30 and they were still in the middle of doing their makeup. So they invited me in. I talked with her parents for awhile. They looked nice with the makeup. I'm not used to seeing dd in full eye makeup because she doesn't wear alot. It looks nice though. So we had to go to Target to get liquid eyeliner. We finally got home shortly after 7.

Oh I forgot to mention that dd got the approval to volunteer in the preschool classroom. She has to do 5 hours and will go after school on Tuesday and Thursdays since she is out early on those days.

Hyper - hope your work day is going well. have a good afternoon/evening.
Unread 02-08-2012, 08:06 AM

Good morning ladies,

Yesterday after school dd had a home basketball game. The boys and I went to watch. After her game it was my turn to work concessions during the boys game. While I was working concessions the kids got something to eat. I had something to eat when I was done, so I didn't have to cook. DH stopped and got himself something on the way home from work. We watched some t.v. when we got home.

Today I am doing some laundry. I will catch up on a couple shows I have taped. I have to run to the library later and pick up and book I had on hold. We don't have anything going on this evening. I'm making spaghetti for supper.

Scrapper your weekend sounds nice. DD's choir competition sounds like it was good. I'm sure it is different to see dd in full makeup. When my dd was in dance a few years ago they wanted them to wear eyeshadow and blush. They were pretty young. How nice that dd's choir will be in the paper. Yes you will definitely have to buy that paper. My mom lives in Missouri, which is were I'm from. I will send her a card and gift and will call her on her birthday. I try to call her once a week. DD's volleyball practice went well. She really enjoyed it.

Have a good day.
Unread 02-08-2012, 12:35 PM

Good morning ladies,

It is a very nice day out today. We didn't get as much rain as was predicted. I may take advantage of the nice weather and take a walk.

i had a dr appt this morning with the dermatologist for follow up. It is for the sun spots on my face. The treatment of meds (ointment) have been working for me. i just need to be careful with the sun...wear a hat/visor and sunscreen. It was a pretty quick appt.

This morning the printer wasn't working for me. first thing in the morning I print the calendar schedule for the conference rooms. I had to turn the printer off twice before it started working.

Today after work we have to take our dog to the vet for his annual shots. Dd has choir practice for her section - the altos. It is only for an hour. I told her we will go to the gym after I pick her up. I am making chicken tostadas for dinner.

Last night I went to see the preview of the choir performance. Quite a few parents went as well. It was so good!!! So exciting to watch them. Sure makes a parent proud. I'm looking forward to their performance on Friday.

Hyper - yeah for not having to cook last night!! That was nice that dd's basket ball game was a home game and that you were able to go. Did they win? I will be going to the library next week. My current book is due on the 14th. I am half way through it. Enjoy your day and watching your shows.
Unread 02-09-2012, 09:54 AM

Good morning ladies,

This morning I stopped at the lab for my bloodwork. My doctor appt is on the 21st so that is done. It is another nice day today. For sure I am going to get out during lunch to take a walk. Today is one of the farmer's markets so I will probably walk over that way.

So far it has been pretty quiet. My boss is off today and tomorrow...she is taking 2 furlough days. It is a good time for me to clear some things off my desk and do some cleaning up. The Director that is in charge while my boss is gone just called to tell me that she is here. She is hoping that it will be a quiet day.

Yesterday I made it home just in time to pick dd up and our dog to head to the vet. When we were done, we walked him around the shopping center for about 15 minutes or so. Then dropped dd off at her choir practice. I went home and did some cleaning up and got things ready for dinner. We had to stop at the market for a few things after her choir practice. We watched TV after dinner and relaxed.

Today dd is stopping off at the elementary school to introduce herself to the preschool teachers. She will probably just observe and talk to the teacher today and start the volunteering next week.

We are going to the gym shortly after I get home. We need to be home early because dd has to get all of her things ready for their competition. There is a check list the director gave them so after dinner we will go through it. I'm really excited.

Hyper - hope you got to watch your programs yesterday. Have a good day.
Unread 02-09-2012, 01:52 PM

Hi ladies,

I finished my laundry yesterday and I did get to catch up on my shows. I made spaghetti for supper last night. We watched t.v. in the evening.

Today dd has another home basketball game at 4:30. The boys and I will go watch. I'm going to make frozen pizza when we get home. DD has a social studies project due Friday so she will have to finish it up tonight.

Scrapper dd's team lost their game on Tuesday. I'm glad dd's practice was good. I certainly know what you mean about being a proud parent when our children our involved in something. That's nice that dd can have a day to observe the preschool class and meet the teachers.

Have a good day.
Unread 02-10-2012, 12:02 PM

Good morning ladies,

Happy Friday! I overslept this morning but still made it to work on time. Traffic was pretty light this morning so that helped me out. Work hasn't been too bad so far. Getting things done.

I am leaving work early today at 2pm. Today is the choir competition. It starts at 4pm and dd's group is on 2nd. I am heading straight there. It should take me about an hour to get there. Dh will meet me there. I am so excited. last night after dinner dd went through here checklist to make sure she had everything she needs.

I'm looking forward to a 3-day weekend. Monday I am taking my 2nd furlough day. Dd has that day off from school as a holiday (Lincoln's bday). We are going to go to the photo studio to take her graduation pictures - cap & gown. She also wants a pose with her class sweater.

Tomorrow is scrapping day with my girlfriends. My best friend is hosting this month. I ordered my pictures last night through Walgreens. They are ready for pick up today.

I don't recall if I mentioned that dd was asked to be part of a friend's 18th birthday celebration. She is going to have a court so it is a big thing. Dd said the dresses are red velvet. Each girl can pick the style they want. So tomorrow morning she has a meeting at her friend's house for all the details.

Yesterday dd went to the school but couldn't get through the preschool gate because it was locked. The main office had her going back and forth and she got frustrated and left. So she will go on Tuesday and have someone from the main office go with her.

Hyper - hope work went well today. How has your shoulder been feeling now that you have had some restrictions lifted at work? How was dd's game? Did she finish up her project? Have a good day and enjoy your weekend.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register