2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 454 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 02-22-2012, 08:13 AM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Good morning ladies,

Yesterday was a busy day at work. The majority of our staff have been out sick. We had the norovirus run through our facitlity. Many of our residents were sick and now employees. We had a skeleton crew yesterday. They had me down as a float. I went around to all of the units all day and helped out wherever I could. When I got home I started me laundry. I actually finished it up last night. I was glad so now I can mark that off my list for today.

Today I'm going to straighten up a little and vacuum. I have to run up and get a few groceries. Then I'll probably watch a show I have taped and relax until it's time for the kids to come home. Tonight we are going to the ash wednesday service at church. I haven't decided if we will go to the supper first. It ends at 6:15 and church doesn't start until 7:00 so that will give us alot of time to wait. But it might be worth it to not have to cook. I'll decide that later.

Scrapper your weekend sounded like it was nice and relaxing with some fun added in. Your massage sounded wonderful. How nice. We never did clean out dd's closet. Instead we went to the mall and did some shopping. We still need to get that done. Yes dd has grown out of some of her clothes. Alot of her tops are too short in the arms and waist.

Have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2012, 02:23 PM

Hello ladies,

It has been a productive day. I've had not too many interruptions so that is good. I went to lunch with my former co-work. She is back in the building here where I work. It was good catching up with her. She had a baby last summer and he is now 6 months. I'm really happy for her because she had 2 miscarriages.

We are going to ash Wednesday service when I get home. We can choose from either 5:15 or 5:30. One is in the hall and the other under the tent. I'm aiming for the 5:15. It is going to be a year since our church fire. The remains are still up and haven't been demolished yet. The monsignor says it sure hasn't been easy dealing with the insurance company, etc.

Not much else going on this evening. I am making breakfast for dinner. We will probably watch TV and relax.

Hyper - I can see why your work day went by so quickly yesterday. That is great that you were able to get your laundry done last night...one less thing to tackle today. That would be nice to not have to cook this evening. Hope you've enjoyed your day off. Have a good evening!
Unread 02-23-2012, 10:05 AM

Good morning ladies,

So far things have been fairly quiet this morning. We will see how the day progresses. I will be taking a half hour lunch today. I have to leave half hour early for my doctor appt. Today I see the podiatrist. I see him about every 3 months or so...because I'm diabetic he checks my feet and cuts my nails.

Not sure what is happening after work. I think I have to take dd to a Kindercare center where she will be doing 10 hours for her learned skill for her senior project. She needs to take her paperwork. We will head to the gym from there since it is close by.

The ash Wednesday service was very nice...great music...some of our favorite songs. After that went to get gas and came home to make dinner. We relaxed and watched TV. Dd finished up her homework.

Today dd is going to the preschool to do more volunteer hours. The total volunteer hours is 5 so she will be done with that by next week.

Hyper - did you end up going to the supper? DD has some tops that are short and she has taken them out of her closet. I know I have things I want to get rid of...I just need to set some time to work on that. Have a great day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2012, 03:02 PM

Hi ladies,

Today was another short staffed day. They actually had me work my shift in another unit today. I don't really like that because I don't know the level of cares that well in the other units and I don't know their routine. I felt like a new employee. DD had basketball practice at 5:00. I'm making a baked pasta dish for supper.

We did end up going to the supper at church. It was good. Our Ash service was nice. We had a soloist, she sang so beautifully. Poor lds was so tired. He was sitting next to me and I had my arm around him. He kept falling asleep and his head would bob down. As soon as we got home he went right to bed and fell asleep right away. He told me he woke up this morning before everyone. I told him he got alot of sleep last night.

Scrapper it's hard to believe it's already been a year since your church fire. Those insurance companies can be a pain. I hope they are able to begin on your new church soon. I'm glad you had a nice lunch with your co worker. It's always nice to catch up. How is dd liking her volunteer hours at the preschool?

Have a nice day.
Unread 02-24-2012, 02:48 PM

Hi ladies,

It has been a good day to catch up on work...not too busy. During lunch I walked over to the library. I finished the book I was reading. So I returned that one and checked 2 out. it was nice out.

This evening dd has dance practice at her friend's house. This is for the
18th birthday party she is part of. Then they are going to an ice cream place. When I drop her off I will have to get the details so I know when to pick her up. I will then go to Penneys to pick up her pictures that we had taken. I am going to pick up some frozen yogurt for myself.

We don't have much planned for the weekend so that is good. The one thing we need to do is go see about having dd's made for her friend's 18th birthday party. She wants the girls to wear red velvet (the color) dresses. She is letting them pick the style. My dad's tenant is a seamstress so that is who we will go see. She made dd's Dorothy costume.

Hyper - that is hard working in a unit you aren't familiar with. We get used to our routine. Sure did sound like lds was tired during the ash wednesday service. Nice to get that much sleep. Dd is enjoying her volunteer hours at the preschool. Yesterday she took pictures of the kids during their activities. She also had the teacher take pictures of her while interacting with the kids. They will be part of her portfolio.

Have a good evening....and great weekend!
Unread 02-27-2012, 07:31 AM

Good morning ladies,

It was a busy weekend for dd. She had her end of the season basketball tournament. It was Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Their School was closed on Friday. DH took the day off to take her. Unfortunately this was my weekend to work. Friday dh, lds and dd went to the tournament. They had to be there at 11:00. They only had one game that day. They lost that game. BDS had school so I picked him up after school. We watched some t.v. together for awhile. I decided to take him up to mcdonalds for supper. We had just sat down with our food a dh, lds and dd walked in. That was a nice surprise. So we all had dinner together.

On Saturday dd had her first volleyball tournament. We had talked to her basketball coach earlier and told him she would have to miss Saturday's basketball tourney so she could go to her volleyball tourney. The played four games. They won 3 out of 4. They got home about 4:00. We all relaxed and watched tv.

On Sunday was their last basketball tournament. The girls team ended up with the consolation spot and the boys team came in 3rd. When I got home work I took bds to see a movie. He wanted to see ghost rider. I didn't think I would like it, but I actually did. It was in 3d. We came home and the others were still gone. They got home about 7:00. We all relaxed and watched t.v.

Now dd's basketball is over for the season and she will just be doing volleyball. Which is good. It was a little crazy for a bit since they overlapped for a couple weeks.

Today I have to go get a few groceries. I have a load of laundry going. I've been trying something new. Every day when I come home from work I've been putting the laundry in. I have only had one load every day. It hasn't seemed so overwhelming that way. I'm going to catch up on a show I have taped.

They are predicting a foot of snow for us between Tues. afternoon and Wed. morning. We have had such a tame winter, I was really hoping we would just ease nicely into spring. Hopefully their prediction will be off.

Scrapper hope you had a good weekend.

Have a nice day.
Unread 02-28-2012, 10:45 AM

Good morning ladies,

It sure was cold this morning...37. Yesterday was a cold and rain through the day. We sure needed the rain.

We had a good weekend. Friday evening I took dd to her friend's house for dance practice..this is for the 18th birthday party. After practice they went to get some ice cream. Dd called me to ask if I could go pick her up. So I picked them up and dropped them off at home along the way. Then we just relaxed & watched TV the rest of the evening.

Saturday was mostly spent home. We did go see the seamstress about making dd's dress for the 18th birthday party. She took her measurements and looked at the style of the dress dd selected. Dd and I also took a bus ride to the center where she will do her 10 hours of the learned skill for her senior project. It is going to take place at a Kinder Care center. Since she is going from 2:30 to 5:30 she will have to take the bus to get there. So I showed her the route and where to get off. I will pick her up after work. Dh grilled steaks for dinner.

Sunday we went to church, did a few things around the house and then left to go to meet my dad & sisters.

Yesterday was dd's choir performance at Disneyland. they did a great job and I saw about 6 families that came to support the kids. That was great to see. It was a nice day but cold and it rained twice for quite awhile. We got to ride several rides. The park closed at 8pm. The choir director had us all meet at 7:30. We got back to the school around 8:30. We were tired.

Hyper - dd sure did have a busy weekend with basketball and volleyball. They gid great on their first volleyball tournament. Glad you enjoyed the movie with bds. That was funny how dh showed up at McDonalds with the kids when you and bds were there. Your new plan with laundry sounds good. We have to find little ways to make things work easier for us. I hope you don't get too much snow. Have a good day!
Unread 02-28-2012, 03:09 PM

Hi ladies,

Well so far we haven't got much snow. They are still saying we could wake up tomorrow with alot of snow. I'm going to keep hoping their wrong.

Work was busy today. The day went by pretty fast. DD and lds are at the neighbors house. Bds stayed home from school today. He has a bad cough and said he feels blah.

I'm am making steak for supper. Nothing going on for this evening. Watching t.v. and relaxing.

Tomorrow I have a dentist appt. I'm finally going to get my temporary crowns. I had to postpone it when I got injured, but now I'm feeling well enough to be able to have it done. I go back in two weeks to have the temporaries taken off and the permanent crowns put on.

Scrapper your weekend really sounded nice. That was a good idea to ride with dd on the bus to show her the route. Glad to hear that the performance at Disneyland went well. That is nice that they had parents there for support.

Have a nice evening.
Unread 02-29-2012, 11:44 AM

Hi ladies,

We did get some heavy wet slushy snow during the night. Our school had a 2 hr late start. Since I had a dentists appt. my neighbor took the kids to school. When I went to the dentist the main streets were clear and just wet. The side roads did have some heavy slush, but nothing too bad. I was wondering why they decided to have a late start.

My dentist's appt. went well. I have my temporary crown and I go back in two weeks to get the permanent crowns put on. I am having a little pain but I'm sure it's just sore from them working in there.

Tonight we are going to the lenten service at church. DD's class is singing. I'm not sure yet if we will go to the supper. It will depend on how much homework the kids need to do before we leave.

Scrapper hope your day is going well.
Unread 02-29-2012, 01:57 PM

Hi ladies,

I went out for a walk during lunch today. I walked over to the bank. the sun is out but the air is cold & crisp.

Not much going on this evening. After the gym, I have to stop at the market for a few things. I want to sweep and do a quick mopping in the kitchen and dining room. We will catch up on some shows.

Today dd is taking the assesment test for college to see where she what English and Math class she will be placed in. As the time progresses it just becomes more real that graduation isn't far away.

Hyper - glad to hear that everything went well with your dentist appt. The discomfort you are feeling is from the work they did. soon it will be all over and done with. That is good your neighbor was able to take the kids to school. Enjoy the rest of your day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register