2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 457 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 03-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Good morning ladies,

We had a good weekend. Friday night we went to dd's choir competition. They got 1st place in their division...intermediate. They did really well. They have one more competition to go and then they are done.

Saturday it was raining when I got up. I went to the gym and then to my haircut appt. When I left the gym, I called home to talk to dd. Just as we were ending our conversation, she said the power went out. So I continued on my way. It was raining really hard. It was hard to see on the road...pretty scary. After my appt, dh had sent me a text saying that the power was still out and to pick up lunch on the way home. Around 6pm dd and I went to get her some supplies she needs for her Kindercare session tomorrow. We picked up dinner on the way home. We ate by candlelight as the power didn't come back on until 8:40pm. it was out for 9 hours.

Yesterday we went to church, I did marketing and then left to meet my dad & sisters. We went to have soup as it was so cold & windy.

Hyper - sounds like you had a nice weekend. That was nice to get your cleaning done and out of the way. Nice that you caught up with your neighbor for breakfast this morning. That will be nice if dh takes a half day off. Yes, our weather has switched on us. It was really cold all weekend. The week shows 60's. I brought my coat this morning. Enjoy your day off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2012, 04:34 PM

Hi,

I forgot to tell you about my appt. Friday. The doctor's office called on Thurs. afternoon and asked if I could come in at 9:00 rather than 11:00. I did go to work until 8:30.

The doctor said there is still some slight swelling but that it would heal on it's own. He released me to go back to regular duty at work.

I didn't go back to work that day. Tomorrow will be my first day back on regular duty. I'm nervous because I don't want to hurt myself again. But I'm lucky I have good co workers and if I need help they will be more than willing to help me.

Have a good day.
Unread 03-20-2012, 01:16 PM

Happy Spring!!!

It has been on the busy side so far this morning. My boss has a much more quiet day today so she will like that.

Not sure where I will walk to today during lunch. Guess I will decide once I am outside. It is kind of sunny but the air is crisp.

I am making pork chops today with baked potatoes and salad. Hopefully we can relax and watch TV when we get home from the gym. I am picking dd up from the Kindercare center at 5:30. Today is her last day there. She is doing an activity with the kids today. she prepared the materials and she did it so it relates to their topic which is Around the World.

I am taking Friday off as a furlough day. Then I one left to take which I already have scheduled for next month. Dd and I are going out shopping looking for a prom dress. A group of her friends are going as a group.

Hyper - that was nice that you didn't go back to work after your doctor appt. Started your weekend off early. that is good that the doctor feels you are ready to go back to your regular duties. I would be nervous too going back to regular duties. I wouldn't hesitate in asking for help when you need it. Especially since your co-workers are willing to help out. It is better to be safe than to injure yourself again.

Have a good day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2012, 03:47 PM

Hi ladies,

I can't believe it is spring! The winter went by fast. I think it went by fast for us because it was such a tame winter.

Today was by first day on regular duty. I sure was beat at the end of the day. It will take me a few days to get back in the routine.

DH did take a half day off from work yesterday. We went out for lunch. I had a breakfast and lunch out. That was too much eating out.

I am making my baked pasta dish tonight. I was supposed to make that one other day this week, but I never did. I have my load of laundry going. Just relaxing and watching t.v. this evening. I have a feeling I won't be staying up too late.

Tomorrow I have an appt. in the morning to get my hair cut and highlighted. I haven't had my hair highlighted for many years now. But the grays hairs are starting to pop out rapidly, so I though I'd do that for now rather than coloring it.

Scrapper How nice that you will have a 3 day weekend. That will be fun looking for prom dresses. DD's activity with the kids sounds like fun.

Have a nice day.
Unread 03-21-2012, 04:17 PM

Hi ladies,

The pace at work hasn't been bad at all today. Payroll is due tomorrow so trying to get all of the time entered in the system. Of course, I always have those last minute stragglers that wait until the end to get me their forms.

Dd finished up her hours at the Kindercare center. She said her activity went well. The kids were into it and participating. She said that the teacher for the classroom she was in had her read a book to them. today I have to take her back to pick up the evaluation form she left with them to fill out. she is happy but sad at the same time. She said she had a good time.

Not much else going on after. We will go to the gym and then home. I am making beef tacos for dinner. then plan on relaxing and folding the whites.

Hyper - that was a change for you having a tame winter this year. Yes, I am sure it will take a few days to get back into your regular work routine. That was nice that you and dh got to go out to lunch. Nice during the week when it isn't as busy as the weekend. How did your hair turn out? Nice pampering!! Have a good evening.
Unread 03-22-2012, 12:37 PM

Good morning ladies,

My phone calls haven't been too busy this morning. I'm getting things done especially since I will be off tomorrow. Looking at my boss's calendar for tomorrow it looks light. she is even going out to lunch I noticed that on the calendar. That is good because she hardly gets out...she eats in her office.

During lunch I am going to walk over to the farmers market. Going to get some flowers and strawberries. I want to check the pears since dd said we are out.

Tonight is parent conferences at dd's school. they are from 5 to 8pm. We are normally done in about an hour or so. I realized last night that this is the last parent conference I will be going to. Wow!! I think we are going to pick up subway for dinner after we are done. Looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow.

Hyper - hope work is getting easier. Have a good day!
Unread 03-22-2012, 02:33 PM

Hi ladies,

Yesterday i got my hair cut and highlighted it. It turned out exactly how I wanted it. I was happy. Last night we had leftovers for supper. The kids had a lot of homework, so we didn't go to the lenten service last night.

Today work went pretty well. I wasn't as tired today as I was on Tuesday. I think I'm starting to ease back in to the routine. I found out today that I got approved for next Thurs. and Friday PTO. So that is the kids spring break, I will only have to work Tuesday and I will be off the rest of the time with them. I also got Easter approved. Easter falls on my weekend to work, so I was happy about that as well.

Not much going on this evening. I'm making chicken fajitas for supper.

Scrapper I'm glad dd's time at Kindercare went well. Isn't that a harsh reality when you realize it's the last time you will be going to conferences. I will be facing that next year with bds.

Have a nice day.
Unread 03-23-2012, 02:31 PM

Hi ladies,

Last night I made chicken fajitas for supper. We just relaxed and watched t.v. in the evening.

Today is the kids last day of school and they'll be on spring break. This is my weekend to work. Not sure what we'll be doing this weekend.

It is very nice out today and I think we're supposed to have a nice weekend as well.

Scrapper hope you have a good weekend.
Unread 03-26-2012, 10:26 AM

Good morning ladies,

We had a quiet weekend. Friday dd's friend came over after school. Bds went over to his friends house. The girls played for awhile. I decided to take the kids up to mcdonalds for supper. After we ate the girls played for a while longer then her dad came to pick her up. We relaxed and watched t.v. the rest of the evening.

When I got home from work Saturday lds and dd went out to play. Bds was going to a bonfire later in the evening at a friends house. We had pizza for supper. I took bds to his friends house after we ate. DH and lds and dd went out for a bike ride. We watched t.v. for the eveing.

Yesterday when I got home dh and lds and dd were out running errands. Bds and I talked awhile. He told about the bonfire and said he had fun. DH and the kids were going to stop and eat on the way home from errands so bds and I had sandwiches for supper. We watched t.v. for the evening.

I got to sleep in today and it felt great. It's cold and rainy today. We probably won't do too much today. I need to go up to the grocer and get a few things.

Scrapper hope you enjoyed your three day weekend.
Have a good day.
Unread 03-26-2012, 11:51 AM

Good morning ladies,

It sure was nice having a 3 day weekend. Friday after dd came home from school we headed out to the mall. One of her good friends came with us. She tried on several dresses at the mall but didn't really like any of them. We had dinner at the food court and then went to David's Bridal. her and her friend picked like 10 dresses off the rack. Dd really liked a charcoal gray one. She wanted a long and strapless one. It looked very nice on her. So we put it on hold.

Saturday morning I took her to the fashion district in downtown Los Angeles. We went to several stores and did lots of walking. the stores have similar styles. So the one is really loved is a jade green, long & strapless like she wanted. It fits her so nice. It has silver trim (gems) all around under the bustline. The salesperson told her to wear silver accessories and shoes. That after noon she had dance practice at 3pm. I dropped her off and went home to shower and get a few things done at home. I picked her up shortly after 5pm. I was meeting my best friend for dinner at 6:30. Dh & dd were going to her school because they were having Truckmania....11 food trucks were on campus. they said it was good.

Yesterday we went to church and by the time we came out it was raining. It rained the rest of the day. It was cold & windy you could hear the wind howling. It rained really hard. We even lost power for a couple of hours. I talked to my dad & sisters and they figured we weren't going to drive out for our usual Sunday get together. I went out to pick up dinner. We pretty much relaxed and watched some TV.

Hyper - that is great that your hair came out just like you wanted it. How great that you will be off with the kids during their spring break. I'm sure they are happy about that. You did have a relaxing weekend. I'm happy you got to sleep in today and will for most of the week!!! Our spring break is next week...sure looking forward to it. Have a good day!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register