2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 460 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 04-12-2012, 03:56 PM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Hi ladies,

I enjoyed my day off yesterday. I watched the show I had taped and relaxed for a little while. Then I decided to organize my pantry. After the kids came home I walked over and visited with my neighbor since she was sitting outside. I came home and made my baked pasta and breadsticks. We watched t.v. in the evening.

Today dd had her D.A.R.E. graduation. Every year the 6th graders take a D.A.R.E. course. They all had to write an essay and they were to be judged and the winner announced at the graduation. DD won the essay. I was really proud of her. She got a medal. They all got tshirts and the police department provided subway for them. Parents were invited. I wasn't able to get the time off but dh was able to go. He took pictures. I'm anxious to see them tonight.

Work was busy again today. DD has volleyball practice this evening. I'm going to put some frozen pizzas in the oven for dinner.

Scrapper bread is also my weakness. I hope there isn't anything serious going on with your knee and it will be better soon. Your new shoes do sound comfy. I like a wedge heel. I hope you enjoy the water aerobics, it sounds like fun.

Have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2012, 12:56 PM

Happy Friday ladies,

We have another rainy day today & cold as well. I wanted to drive over to the flower mart during lunch but not sure now...depends if it is raining at that time.

I was going to lunch with a friend but we normally walk down to the restaurant so because of the rain we rescheduled for next week.

Dd and I really enjoyed the water aerobics class....it was a great workout and fun. That gym is really nice as it was recently remodeled. After dinner, dd started getting her things ready that she needs for the competition today..costume, makeup, etc. She had me go through the checklist with her. They will be leaving school at 3pm. it all starts at 5pm and their time slot is 6:20. It is going to be a long night...the bus is scheduled to arrive back at school by midnight.

I am going straight to the competition after work. I will pick up dinner somewhere in the area. Dh is going there after work as well. We don't drive together because he usually leaves after dd's group performs. I like to stay until the end for the awards ceremony.

Tomorrow I am taking my car in for service. Dd has dance practice at 11am for friend's bday party. Then we will probably just stick around home and relax & get things done around the house.

Hyper - I need to clean my pantry too. I noticed last night when dd was getting a snack for school that things are pretty scattered in there. Wow...congrat sto dd on being the winner of the essay. That is great!!! That was good that dh was able to go to the ceremony.

Oh the limo issue for prom has been resolved. One of dd's friends has a contact. Her dad has a friend that is a limo driver so he is going to charge $100 for 6 hrs...which is an awesome price. Dd's share will be $12.50 because there are 8 people riding. Yippee!!! This weekend I need to order her wrist corsage.

Have a great day & weekend!!
Unread 04-16-2012, 10:15 AM

Good morning ladies,

We had a good weekend.

Friday evening dd had a girl pioneer meeting and bds and some of his friends wanted to go swimming at the community center.

I took dd to her meeting. Then we picked up bds friends and I took them swimming. I picked dd up after her meeting and dh picked up bds and took his friends home. After that we watched some t.v.

Saturday morning dd had her last volleyball tournament. BDS was going to the mall with a friend of his. So dh, lds and I went to dd's tornament. This one was in our town so that was nice. They won 3 games and lost 3 games. We were done there about 4:00. When we got home the kids went out to play. Bds got home shortly after we did. We watched t.v. in the evening.

Sunday we went to church and then stayed home the rest of the day. lds and dd played outside. Bds wasn't feeling good. I did my load of laundry. I made chicken fajitas for supper and we relaxed and watched t.v. in the evening.

Today I met my friend for breakfast. We had a nice time. Bds stayed home from school today. He has a cold. He just finished a round of antibiotics last week for his cough. His cough did go away but now he's got a cold. I stopped and got a few groceries after my breakfast. I'm going to put a roast in the crockpot. I'm going to watch a show I have taped and do my load of laundry.

Scrapper hope you had a good weekend.
Have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2012, 04:08 PM

Good afternoon ladies,

It has been a busy day. My boss meets with her branch directors every 2 weeks. Today she asked me to join the meeting as they were going to discuss the new calendars effective July 1st. I will continue to be an 11month employee and my unassigned days will be scattered through the school year. Not sure what option I will be on yet.

The meeting ended just before my lunch. I went to Walgreens to buy some cold-eeze. Feels like I am catching a cold...so want to catch it right away.

Dd had to be at school at 7am today. They were having a rally today to kick off the STAR testing next week. Choir was part of it. I am anxious to here all about it.

We had a good weekend. Friday evening went to the choir competition. Dd's group did really well. There were 8 schools in the division and only 5 placed. Dd's group got 4th place...she said they were disappointed but they wanted to place. They were saying that they did better than the 2nd & 3rd place groups. I agree. She said that they had a good time and that is what is important. Saturday was a pretty relaxing day. I took my car in for service, dd had dance practice, then we picked up the ceramic pieces they painted. They look really good. We watched TV and relaxed the rest of the evening.

Yesterday we went to church and later left to meet my family for dinner. We had a nice time.

Hyper - sounds like you had a nice weekend. That is nice that dd's volleyball tournament was in town so you could go watch. How nice to be able to go swimming in the evening. Too bad bds caught a cold...especially after just getting over his cough. Glad you had a nice time with your friend at breakfast today. Always nice catching up. Enjoy your day.
Unread 04-17-2012, 01:14 PM

Good morning ladies,

Wow...it has been a busy morning so far. I have lots of meetings to schedule for my boss. When I came in this morning, I had MANY emails from her. So I've been on the calendar most of the morning.

I am going to lunch with my friend. She sits on the next aisle over from where I sit. Sometimes I go over and talk to her but we are always interrupted because of phone calls. So we have to set time aside to go to lunch and catch up.

The authorization for my xray for my knee was approved. So I am going to get it done tomorrow.

Dd said that the rally was really fun yesterday. It had to do with prom..the theme is Sail Away. Plans changed for her hair appt. I called my friend's niece who went to cosmetology school. She is available on Saturday so she will be doing dd's hair & makeup. It is nice because she will come to the house.

Not much going on this evening...getting our workout in. I'm making chicken tostadas for dinner. Then hope to realx and watch some TV.

Hyper - hope you had a good work day. How is bds feeling? Have a good evening.
Unread 04-17-2012, 03:42 PM

hi ladies,

Work was busy today. I was actually on the schedule to go with and take a few residents to lunch to a restaurant right next door. We walked. We got back about 12:30 and I had to rush to get all of my work and charting done before 2:00

Bds was much better today and went to school. I'm glad it didn't turn in to anything too serious. Unfortunately when I got home today lds was home sick. I didn't know he was sick since I go to work before they are up. He had a sore throat and was running a temp. DH stayed home with him most of the day. He had to go in to work about an hour before I got home. I was surprised when I walked in because dh never called me to tell me lds was home sick. At first I was a little angry because I though dh left him home alone all day. But since it was only for an hour I was o.k. but I wish dh would have called me and I would have come home early. Mom's worry more than dads I think.

Nothing going on for this evening.

Scrapper glad you had a nice weekend. It is good that dd's group placed. I know they were probably disappointed especially since they were better than the 2 and 3rd place, but I'm glad she's happy they placed. How nice that your friend's niece will come to your house to do dd's hair and makeup. I forgot to tell you before that it is an excellent price they got on their limo. Everything is falling in to place nicely. I hope you had a nice lunch with your friend. It's always nice to catch up.
Unread 04-18-2012, 08:59 AM

Good morning ladies,

This morning dh put in car in the shop for brake work. He took my van to work, so I won't have a vehicle today. I'm going to do a few things around the house. I have a couple shows I could catch up on as well.

Tonight dd is in the national spelling bee. They had their school spelling bee last month and she came in 2nd. Tonight she competes against other 6th graders from different schools. I think there are 6 schools total. She's made it to the national spelling bee for the past three years and she always gets so nervous. She asked me and dh if we would sit in the back so she can't see us. I told her not to worry, just do her best. We will be proud no matter what and we are proud that she made it to the nationals.

We have to be there at 4:45 and the competition starts at 5:00. It usually lasts an hour at the most so I think we will have dinner when we get home.

Lds went back to school today. His fever broke last night and he felt much better.

We had gotten a letter in our paycheck a couple weeks ago saying that they are going to be eliminating some positions and cutting hours. Our state funding has been cut and donations are down due to the economy. We are a non profit organization and the facility relies heavily on state funding and donations. So far our receptionist and our 2 activity directors have had their hours cut by one day. We are all nervous as to how this will affect the rest of us. There has been talk that is possible that the facility may eventually have to shut down. That would be horrible. Not only for employees losing their jobs, but mostly for the people who live there. Most of the residents in my unit don't have family are wards of the state. They have been living there some for 20 years or more. I hope it doesn't come to that.

Scrapper hope your are having a good day.
Unread 04-18-2012, 03:05 PM

Hi ladies,

Work has been pretty busy today. A little calmer than yesterday. I have to leave 30 minutes early today. I have an xray appt at 3:30 for my knee. It hurts right now because I went down to the cafeteria to get a drink and I took 1 flight of stairs down. It really bothers taking the stairs going down. We will see what it shows.

We had a relaxing evening. I picked dd up from school at 5pm. They have rehearsal for the musical every day after school. We stopped at the market on the way to the gym. We needed a few things and we also bought things to make wraps for lunch today. I'm having it now and it is good...chicken & veggies.

My friend and I had a nice lunch. It was good to catch up without any interruptions. Yes, we are pretty much set for prom. I'm taking her for a manicure first things Saturday morning. I know the limo deal sure is perfect!!

Hyper - that was a nice to be able to get out with some residents yesterday. I agree that we as moms worry more. It would have been a good idea for dh to call and at least let you know that lds was home sick. Glad he is feeling better. Will dh pick the kids up today since you don't have a car? Congrats to dd on making it to nationals...that is quite an achievement. Maybe she won't be too nervous with you sitting in the back. Good luck to her. I hope your position isn't affected too much with the cuts. Certainly hope the facility doesn't have to close...that would be terrible for the residents.

Enjoy the spelling bee!
Unread 04-19-2012, 02:45 PM

Hi ladies,

It hasn't been too busy today. So I get to work on things I need to get done.

I got back from the flower mart. I went to buy 2 bouquets for this evening. Dd and I are going to the dance concert at school tonight. Four of her friends are performing and she wanted to give them flowers. The bouquets I bought are a good size so I can split each one into 2 bunches. We went last year and it was a good show.

As soon as I get home I am going to make dinner so we can eat before we go. It starts at 7pm and lasts about 2 hours. Dd gets out early so that is good. She can finish up homework before we leave.

Hyper - hope you had a good work day. I look forward to hearing about the spelling bee and how dd did. Have a good evening.
Unread 04-20-2012, 02:22 PM

Hi ladies,

We went to dd's spelling bee Wed. evening. She came in 5th out of 10 6th graders. She was disappointed because you had to place at least 3rd to get an award. We told her she did well and we were proud of her.

Yesterday I went to the children's play "giggle giggle quack" with a few of our residents. We have a season pass to the theatre. They had a good time. After school bds had 3 friends over and dd had the neighbor girl over. They all went home at 6:00. We relaxed in the evening.

Today work was busy. This evening is dd and lds school play. I'm looking forward to it. It's always cute.

I work this weekend. I'm not sure what we'll be doing. Playing it by ear at this point.

Scrapper how was the dance concert? Happy Friday! Have a nice weekend.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register