2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 482 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 10-24-2012, 08:55 AM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Good morning ladies,

I ended up making lemon chicken, rice and veggies for supper yesterday. DH packed for his trip after dinner. The kids did their homework, then we watched some t.v.

DH had to leave for the airport at 5:00 this morning. After I dropped the kids at school, I stopped and got a few things at the grocer. I'm going to get a haircut later. Then I will stop and do a few errands in town. Hopefully I'll be back in time to have a little relaxation before it's time to get the kids. I'm just going to put some pizzas in the oven for supper tonight.

I did get some sad news today. One of the men that I care for was transferred to the nursing home last week with pnuemonia. I got a call from work this morning, he passed away early this morning. You get really attached to the people you care for. But I'm happy he's at peace now, he was really suffering these last weeks.

Scrapper your weekend sounds nice. It sounds like you had a fun day of scrapbooking. The album your making sounds very nice. How fun for dd to get to go to a taping of the voice. I'm sorry you weren't feeling good, but your day on the couch with a blanket was a perfect way to get some rest. I hope your feeling back to 100% real soon. How nice that dd got to drive herself to school. I'm sure she liked that. My dd did join the youth group. It's for 7th-12th grade. She was happy that she was finally old enough to join. DH is going to cleveland Ohio for some kind of training.

Have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2012, 09:38 AM

Good morning ladies,

I took dd to the bus stop this morning. We were surprised because the bus came early. Dd said she is staying after school for awhile to work on an essay that is due on Monday.

I have quite a bit of work to get done today. I have 4 meetings to schedule for my boss. I have to print payroll out as it was approved on Monday. Then I have to match it with the timecards. during lunch I am going to a farmers market that is right next to our building. I hope it becomes regular because it is so close to us.

I am making hamburgers for dinner. We are headed to zumba this evening. Then catching up on TV shows we have recorded. I have towels on the couch that I need to fold. I will fluff the sheets I have in the dryer and fold them as well. I am feeling better today.

Hyper - sounds like you have a nice day planned. Hope you get to relax as well. Sorry to hear about the patient that passed away. Like you said he isn't suffering anymore. Dd enjoyed the taping of The Voice. What they saw is for next season. When we watched Monday night's episode, she was telling me all about the set up, what the judges do, etc. Yes, dd liked driving herself to school. I told her that whenever I am off from work, she can take my car to school. Dd will enjoy being in the youth group.

Have a good day!
Unread 10-25-2012, 01:46 PM

Hi ladies,

I got my haircut and my errands done yesterday. I came back and did have some time to relax. When I picked the kids up from school, dd asked if her friend could come over. I said that would be fine. They played "lets dance 4" on the wii. I did it with them for one song. It's fun. I lost though. lol Lds ate over at his neighbor friend's house for supper. When he was done, I took the other kids to mcdonalds on the way to taking dd's friend home. It worked out nice because lds doesn't like mcdonalds. He is a very picky eater. So he just got a shake. We came home and the kids did their homework and then we watched some t.v.

Today it is 37 degrees and has been snowing off and on. It's a little too early for snow, but at least it isn't sticking. It's just wet. DH called me and said it was 82 degrees in ohio. Made me jealous! I'm going to make the pizzas tonight for supper that I didn't make last night.

Scrapper you have a busy day at work. It's pretty neat that dd now knows how "the voice" works behind the scenes. My zumba class is over now until spring. But I found a tv station yesterday that airs a one hour zumba class every morning. I'm going to start taping it and doing it in the evening. Dd will like to do it with me I'm sure.

Have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2012, 02:44 PM

Good afternoon ladies,

We had a fire drill today...a practice we do annually. We are on the 16th floor and had to evacuate 5 floors down. So got my exercise...5 floors down the stairs and then 5 back up when done. I know my legs will be sore.

Tonight picking up Subway for dinner. It is dd's last cake decorating class tonight. This wraps up the 4 courses. She is still in the process of filling out paperwork for the teaching position at Michaels. I will head to zumba after I drop her off at class. We will just realx and watch some TV after dinner.

Hyper - how much did you cut at your haircut? That was nice that you got some time to relax yesterday. Lets dance is fun to play. Dd wants the new one for Christmas. Did lds decide on a Halloween costume? Wow you are getting snow already. I saw on the news the other day that parts of Northern Calif. were getting snow too. For us the next couple of days are warm and winds are to kick in. Oh that is great that you found a zumba class that you can tape. I'm sure too that dd will enjoy doing it with you.

Have a good evening.
Unread 10-26-2012, 02:22 PM

Hi ladies,

Happy Friday! I stopped at flower mart on my way into work. I bought fall colored flowers for my parents. Their gravesites will look very festive this weekend.

Everyting went well with my opthalmologist appt this morning. My diabetes has not affected my eyes. She said to make sure to keep my diabetes controlled. I go back in a year.

Work is pretty quiet today. My boss took a furlough day today so I am catching up on things and filing, etc. I know of others in our division that are off unassigned.

Dd is baking some cucpakes today for a birthday. Her best friend is coming over today. They get together every Friday after dd gets out of school. Dd said her friend can help her with the flowers she is making to put on top of the cupcake. Later on we will pick up dinner. We are going to see if her friend can join us. Once back home we will relax and watch TV.

Tomorrow dd is going to bake a pumpkin shaped cake to take with us. she saw it in the Foodnetwork magazine. We will take it with us to the cemetery on Sunday to share with the family. I have to do marketing as well and need to buy things she will need for her big cucapke order that my boss ordered for Halloween. Late afternoon dd is going to volunteer for the club she is in at school.

Sunday going to church and then go meet my sisters & nieces.

We received some sad news about a co-worker...she works down the hall from where I am at. Her husband passed away yesterday morning. He was battling cancer for 2 years. He really suffered this last year.

Hyper - hope you had a good work day. Enjoy your evening and the weekend. I'm looking forward to sleeping in.
Unread 10-29-2012, 08:30 AM

Good morning ladies,

We had a good weekend. Friday evening we rented a movie. We made popcorn and snuggled in. Bds went out with a friend. After the movie we watched some t.v. before going to bed.

Saturday we slept in. I took dd and lds shopping. Lds got his halloween costume. He is being a teenage mutant ninja turtle. I got dd some cute socks to go with her 50:s costume. Her costume should be coming today. We stopped and had lunch on the way home. DH got home from his trip around 5:30. He was tired. We watched t.v. and relaxed in the evening.

Sunday we went to church. After church we came home and changed then took the kids to a pumpkin patch to pick their pumpkins. After that we ran a few errands and stopped for dinner on the way home. We watched some tv in the evening.

Today I'm going to my resident's funeral. After that I have to stop and get a few groceries. I've been doing some cleaning this morning. The kids are going to carve their pumpkins after school.

Scrapper hope you had a good weekend. I can picture the fall flowers you got. I just love fall colors. I'm sorry to hear about your co-workers husband. I got an inch and a half cut from my hair. Just a trim up basically.

Have a good day.
Unread 10-29-2012, 02:13 PM

Good afternoon ladies,

It is a nice day out. I walked over to the library to return a book that is due tomorrow. I renewed the 2nd book. I also made a stop at the post office. It is located in an indoor area with food places, little stores, and a flower shop. So it is always nice to walk around.

Work seems to be on the quiet side. My phones were pretty busy this morning. Now it seems to have quieted down.

Dd is going to the health center at school when she is done with her classes today. She has been dealing with a cold and a bad cough. She said her chest & back hurt from the coughing. I told her to have it checked out as I don't want her to have bronchitis. She said she is going to stay home and rest tomorrow. She only has 1 class tomorrow and it isn't a core class.

Our weekend was nice and relaxing. Friday we went out to dinner. Dd's best friend was able to join us. After dinner we went to Bed Bath & Beyond to look for a couple of things. I love that store. Once back home we relaxed and watched TV for awhile.

Saturday morning I went to the gym and then to Target. I bought some things that dd needed for baking. I also bought candy for Halloween. The rest of the day I did things around the house. Dd baked a cake shaped like a pumpkin. It came out great. I will share a picture. She did alot of her homework between the baking. I picked up dinner and we just watched TV.

Yesterday we went to church then went home and had lunch. I did a couple of things and dashed out to Michaels to buy a basket and cellophane paper. I am making a basket of goodies for my friend & her family for Halloween. Late afternoon we left to go meet my sisters & nieces at the cemetey. My nephew, his wife & the baby came too. The baby is so cute & growing. He is 3 months old now. We all went out to dinner after.

Hyper - sounds like you had a nice, relaxing weekend. Lds's costume sounds just right for him. You will have to take pics of them. I'm sure dh was tired from his trip and glad to be back home. I'm sure the kids are excited about carving their pumpkins. Have a good afternoon/evening.
Unread 10-30-2012, 02:52 PM

Hi ladies,

Work has gone by pretty quickly today. I've had a variety of things to get done. Even my boss has a "light" calendar schedule today. so she is catching up on work.

Dd did have bronchitis. They gave her antibiotics...a 5 day dose. So she decided to stay home today. she needs the rest. She said she had a good night's sleep and slept in until 9am.

I am making tacos for dinner. Not sure if we are going to work out. tonight we are working on the cupcake order my boss ordered for Halloween. She is putting a cupcake on each employee's desk. I thought that was nice. Once we are done, we will relax and watch TV.

Hyper - hope you had a good work day. How did the carving of pumkins go? Have a relaxing evening.
Unread 10-31-2012, 08:33 AM

Good morning ladies,

On Monday I went to the funeral. It was hard to say goodbye. We are already getting another resident. He will be moving in this afternoon, so I will meet him tomorrow. After the funeral I came home and did some cleaning. Then I got everything ready for the kids to carve their pumpkins when they got home. They had a good time carving and they turned out nice. I made soup and sandwiches for supper. The kids did their homework then we watched some t.v.

Yesterday I had a staff meeting after my shift. By the time that was over it was almost time to pick the kids up so I stopped at the grocer and got some things I need for dinner and picked the kids up. DD is playing basketball now and her first practice was yesterday. I was making baked pasta and garlic bread for supper so I started it right away. DD had to be at practice at 5:30, so I got it done so she could eat before. The rest of us ate a little later. DH picked her up from practice then we watched some t.v.

Today I'm running some errands in town and working on laundry. lds and dd are excited for trick or treating. We will eat supper a little early. I'm putting some frozen pizzas in the oven for them. Quick and easy. DH and I will eat leftover pasta later. In our neighborhood the dads and kids go out as a group for trick or treating and the moms stay home and give out candy. DH is taking the puppies. I bought them each a halloween sweater. I couldn't resist. I'll take some pics of the kids and puppies and send you a few.

Scrapper your weekend sounds nice. that's nice that dd's friend was able to join you for dinner. That is a nice idea that your boss had with the cupcakes. I'm sorry that dd is sick. It's good she got an antibiotic. I hope she is feeling better soon.

Have a good day.
Unread 10-31-2012, 04:08 PM

Hi ladies,

Today during lunch I drove over to my doctor's office to get my flu hot. My next appt with my doctor is until December, and I didn't want to wait that long.

The cupcakes were a hit with everyone. Dd did 4 different decorations...a witches hat, frankenstein, spider, and a mummy. i will send some pics. They came out so cute.

This evening we are meeting at my sister's house. We will have dinner then get ready to give candy out. I will probably take my niece and the tennant's kids along with dd out trick or treating.

Dd is sounding better..still congested but not as bad. The antibiotics have kicked in.

Hyper - the new resident is moving in quickly. Nice that the kids had a good time carving their pumpkins. Dd sure likes to keep busy with sports...that is good. How nice that the dads & the kids go out trick or treating. I'm sure the kids are excited about going out. I think the puppies will enjoy the walking. We bought our dogs tshirts that say "Trick or Treat."

Have a good evening!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register