2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 485 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 11-14-2012, 11:37 AM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Hi ladies,

This morning after I dropped the kids at school i went to Kohls and target. DD needed some jeans. She's grown out of most of hers. I only found one pair. I got myself a pair of jeans and lds a pair of shoes.

Tonight dh and I have parent teacher conferences at lds and dd's school. They both got good report cards so i expect the meetings to go well.

I don't know if I mentioned it, but dh got 2 tickets to the formula one race as well as 2 plane tickets from one of his vendors. The race is in Texas. DH is taking bds. His vendor is in texas so he will be going as well. He's also having them stay at his house as guests while they are there. It was such a nice thing. That is one of the great perks to dh's job. They are leaving tomorrow morning and will be back Monday. I ok'd it with bds's school. He will bring his school work with him so he won't get behind.

Tonight I will help bds finish packing when dh and I get back from conferences. Since we have alot going on tonight we are just going to take the kids up to mcdonalds for supper.

Scrapper hope your day is going well.

Jan my stuffed peppers turned out good. I hadn't made them for quite some time.. Hope your day is going well.

Have a great day ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2012, 02:36 PM

Hi ladies,

It has been a rather quiet day. My boss is at a conference today off site. so I am catching up on things. One of the director's treated us to an early Thanksgiving luncheon. She bought turkey tamales, chicken, salad, and pies. It was yummy!

This evening headed out to zumba. I think I am going to pick up dinner on the way back home. I took the chicken out too late so it may not be defrosted. I will make it tonight for tomorrow's dinner. We will relax and watch some TV for awhile.

Jan - how convenient for them to keep ODD's hours under full time so they don't have to pay her benefits....not right!!! Hope your meeting went well yesterday.

Hyper - hope your weather warmed up a bit today...that is cold. your shopping trip sounds like you found some things. Too bad you didn't find more jeans for dd. Is she stretching out? She has a birthday coming up right? Congrats to lds & dd on their report cards. Wow what a nice perk for dh...tickets & plane tickets...awesome. I bet bds is really excited. You do have a busy evening....good idea to just get dinner out.

I will share the cinnamon swirl coffee cake recipe with both of you. It is really good.

Have a good evening!
Unread 11-15-2012, 01:36 PM

Hi ladies,

The conferences went well. DD and lds are doing well. We came home from conferences and lds and dd were doing their homework. I helped bds finish packing. Then we all watched some t.v.

Dh and bds left for the airport at 6:00 am. I just talked to dh, their flight went well. He said the weather is really nice.

DD has a forensics meet. It's were her class goes to the Lutheran college. They have to do a speech in front of judges and are graded on different areas of their speech. They left about 1:30. I will pick her up from school around 7:00. It's just me and lds for supper. I think I will stop at the grocer when I pick him up and we'll get something simple for supper. DD and her class will be stopping for dinner on the way home.

Scrapper sounds like you had a nice quiet day at work yesterday. That is nice once in awhile. Our weather did warm back up. It's 51 today and they say it will stay in the 50's through thanksgiving. DD is stretching out. It's hard to find jeans to fit her, because she hasn't grown in weight just height. So I usually have to get them a little big in the waist so they will be long enough. But luckily alot of the jeans in her size have the adjustable weight. I would love to have your recipe for the cinnamon swirl coffee cake.

Jan hope your day is going well.

Have a nice evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2012, 02:26 PM

Good afternoon ladies,

During lunch I walked over to the library to return my book. It is due tomorrow, and I won't be at work tomorrow. I am taking my last furlough day. Yay....another 3-day weekend.

I have been busy trying to get things done. I've been working on payroll as it is due on Monday. Almost done.

This evening I have to take dd to Michaels. she will be shadowing her teacher for the next two weeks. Dd starts teaching the first week of December. I will go to zumba while she is there. I am making chicken tostadas for dinner. We will watch TV and relax.

Hyper - great news about the conferences for lds & dd. Glad they are doing well. Glad dh and bds arrived in Texas. Is the race on more than one day? The forensics meet sounds interesting. Nice that you and lds have some one on one time this evening. My sister has the same problems in buying jeans for my niece. She is 11 and on the taller side but slim. although I have noticed that her body is changing. My sister buys her the jeans with the adjustable waist as well.

Have a good evening!
Unread 11-16-2012, 05:09 PM

Hi ladies,

I have enjoyed my day off even though I am dealing with a cold. I've had a sore throat and I thought that would be the end of it. Now I am sneezing and my nose is running.

I picked up dd from the bus stop and we went to lunch at IHOP. Her best friend came with us. We all had pancakes...they were so yummy. After that we went to find a cupcake place. These ladies were on Cupcake Wars and won. So we wanted to check the place out. it was kind of small but cute. We each picked a cupcake and one for dh. We will have them later.

In about an hour dd and I will be leaving to go the the services for my sister's friend. The funeral is tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow afternoon we have a birthday lunch for my sister in law. Then we will relax the rest of the afternoon. I want to rest up as well.

Hyper - hope you had a good day. How did the forensics meet go for dd? Enjoy your weekend.

Jan - have a good weekend!
Unread 11-19-2012, 11:38 AM

Hi ladies,

We had a good but hectic weekend. It was my weekend to work.

dd got home from forensics on thurs. evening about 7:00. I was originally supposed to pick her up from school but they ended up dropping her at home, so that was nice. She did great. She got 1st place. I was so proud of her.

On Friday dd had a basketball game. The game wasn't until 8:30 pm and an 1 1/2 hrs from home. The coaches carpooled so dd rode with the group. They didn't get home until 11:00 pm. I had to wait up for her. It was way later than I normally stay up when I have to work the next day. Lds and ordered pizza and watched t.v. together while she was gone.

On Saturday when I got home we relaxed for a little while then I took the kids out for dinner. Lds was sleeping over at his neighbor friends house. DD was going to be gone all day Sunday and I had to work, so my neighbor was so nice to offer to keep lds for me. He was very excited. He went over when we got back from dinner. DD and I rented a movie. She had been wanting to see the Katy Perry movie so that's what we got. It was pretty good.

On Sunday dd had to sing with the junior choir in church then after church she was going to lunch and a movie with the youth group. So a friend of mine picked her up and took her to church then she left with group after. When I got home from work I walked over and got lds. He had a great time but was glad to be home. dd got home about 4:00. She had a good time. They saw wreck it ralph. We had already seen it but she didn't mind because she really liked it. In the evening the kids and I relaxed and watched t.v.

This morning after I took the kids to school I went and got my food for thanksgiving. All I have left to get are the pies. I like to get them from this little apple barn near our home. You tell them what kind you want and they make them while you wait. I will go there on Wed. I'm going to watch a show I have taped. DD has practice tonight.

Bds and dh are coming home tonight. I have been talking to them daily and they are having a great time. I'm really glad they were able to spend this one on one time together.

Scrapper I'm sorry you were sick on your day off. Hope you are feeling better and that you had a good weekend.

Jan hope you had a good weekend.

Have a good day ladies.
Unread 11-19-2012, 04:14 PM

Hi ladies,

I have been busy with payroll for most of the day. I still had quite a bit to enter into the system. I finally finished and it is on my boss's desk now for approval. things are pretty quiet around here. Some people have taken extra time off. Our schools are closed for the week so phone calls aren't very busy at all. It is a great time to catch up on things. My boss is loving it because she is cleaning out files and organizing her desk.

Our weekend was good. We had rain Friday and Saturday. Friday morning I ran a few errands before dd was out of school. One of my cousins told me about a wholesale flower mart over by home. So I went to look for it. It is a nice size and they have quite a variety. They are a little more expensive than the downtown place by my work. At least I can go there as a back up place.

Friday evening and Saturday we had the services for my sister's friend. So many people attended. So very sad because she was so young and left her 3 year old son. Saturday afternoon we went out to lunch for my sister in law's birthday. It was nice catching up with the family. After that we went to run a few errands on the way home. We relaxed for the rest of the evening. We were falling asleep watching TV.

Yesterday we went to church then came home and had lunch. I went out to do marketing to buy the rest of the things I needed for Thanksgiving. I got it all done. The market was very busy. Later in the afternoon we went to the cemetery. Then we went to the mall and had dinner at one of the restaurants there. Just one of my sisters came so we caught up and talked about Thanksgiving. It is going to be at our house. Dd and I walked the mall for a little bit after. She found a cute top that she liked which ended up being on sale.

I am making beef tacos for dinner. Headed to zumba and need to get gas as well.

Hyper - you did have a busy weekend...hectic because you had to work. How awesome that dd got 1st place...congrats to her!!! Her game was late on Friday. Glad she was able to catch a ride with the carpool. Glad dh and bds have enjoyed their time in Texas...that is some good quality time for them to spend. Do the kids have school through Wednesday? both of dd's Wednesday classes were cancelled by the professors. So she just has to go tomorrow.

Have a good evening!
Unread 11-20-2012, 12:18 PM

Hi ladies,

Enjoying another quiet day at work. Nice to be able to get things done. I'm sure tomorrow will be much more quiet. I overheard my boss telling someone that she may be taking tomorrow off.

Not sure what I will do during lunch. I wanted to go over to one of the shopping centers and walk around. I have like 15 minutes to make my decision.

We are having bbq chicken breasts for dinner. I think I will make rice and a veggie. I am headed to the gym and dd wants to go to a workout next door to the zumba studio. It is a more focused workout on toning. I will pick her up when I am done.

Today dd had her registration time slot at 10am. Unfortunately she wasn't able to enroll in a class for the winter session. They were all full and the limit on the waiting list is 10...each class she searched had reached its limit. so it looks like she is going to have a LONG break. This semester ends Dec. 14th and the spring starts Feb. 25th. I told her that maybe she can get some hours at Michaels if she lets them know that she is available in the day.

This evening I want to start doing some cleaning up around the house. This way I don't have to do it all at once.

Hyper & Jan - hope your days are going well!
Unread 11-20-2012, 01:40 PM

Hi ladies,

DH and bds got home last night. They had a great time. They brought back alot of pics. it was kind of late when they got home so dh will download them tonight and we'll look at them.

Work was very busy today. I'm off now until Friday. Today is the kids last day. They will be done until Monday. They are excited about that. I'm not sure what I'm making for supper. DD has practice tonight.

Scrapper your weekend sounds nice. That is very sad about your sister's friend. Wow dd will have a nice long break. Hopefully she will be able to get some hours at Michaels. That would be nice. Do you have Friday off?

Have a nice day.
Unread 11-21-2012, 11:06 AM

Good morning ladies,

My boss told me that she will be leaving at noon today. She said that I can leave at 2pm. Yay...that will be nice to get home lots earlier. I can get some more cleaning done before we head out to zumba.

My sisters, nieces, and brother in law will be coming over to our house for Thanksgiving. We will eat around 4pm. I am looking forward to the extended weekend. We do get Friday off as a holiday from work.

Dd came to work with me today. Well she came in with dh because he starts later so she slept in. I am taking an early lunch to take her to a cupcake bakery to interview one of the owners. This is for a project for her counseling class.

Hyper - glad that dh and bds are back and that they had a great time. I'm sure they took some great pics. Yay that you are off now until Friday. Is this your weekend off from work? I know the kids are happy about their long break. Enjoy your day off.

In case I don't get a chance to post tomorrow, Happy Thanksgiving!!! Have a wonderfuld ay with your families.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register