2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 489 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 12-18-2012, 01:46 PM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Hi ladies,

It is much quietier today - especially the phone calls. I think lots of people had the same idea today...they brought their gifts. i bought large ornaments for the ladies that help me with my phones when I am at lunch & at the end of the day.

During lunch I walked in the parking lot and then sat in the car to look through the ads to see if there was anything I still need to get.

I am making hamburges & fries with veggies. After the gym, stopping off at the library to drop off my book. Then we will watch the finale of the Voice. Last night I took the wrapping paper and ribbon out to start wrapping gifts.

Hyper - hope you had a good work day. Are you going to get any time off besides your days off? I'm sure the kids are looking forward to their time off. Have a good evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2012, 03:50 PM

Hi ladies,

Work was busy today. We worked short from 11:00 on. lds had basketball practice after school. I picked him up at 4:00 and now he is at the neighbors. Dd has practice at 5:30. She is making a peanut butter oreo pie for us. The pie was so popular at the pot luck she didn't even get a piece. She has really been in to baking lately. Scrapper I think my dd and your dd would have fun baking together

None of the kids have homework which is a rare occurrance. I'm making breakfast for supper.

Tomorrow dh is taking a pto day and he and I are going to finish our Christmas shopping.

Scrapper your weekend sounds like it was nice. It always makes it feel very festive when all the decorating is done and the lights are up. Unfortunately I only get my normal days off this year. I requested Christmas day and New Year's day but they weren't approved. This will be the first time I've ever had to be away from my family on Christmas morning. But we've decided since my normal day off falls on Christmas eve, we will have our Christmas that day. Yes the kids are very excited for their break.

Have a good evening.
Unread 12-19-2012, 12:09 PM

Good morning ladies,

My boss decided to take an extra day off so today is her last day. I have one more day to go. It has pretty quiet.

Today one of the branches in our division is having a potluck/gift exchange. They invited me. I stopped and bought tamales on the way in this morning and for the gift exchange I bought 2 movie passes.

Dd is spending time with her best friend today and exchanging gifts. Her friend & family leave for Colorado on Friday for the holidays to spend it with family. I will pick her up at her friend's house after work and head to zumba. I think her friend will join us too.

This evening relaxing and watching TV. Hope to sort through gifts and wrap as well.

Hyper - yes, I agree our dd's would have a great time baking together. Hope you all enjoyed the pie. Oh how nice that the kids had no homework...guess the teachers are getting ready for the break. Great that dh took he day off and you can finish up shopping. Hope you find all that you need. Awww...sorry that you didn't get the days off you requested....at least this is your weekend off from work. That is good that you have Christmas eve off and can celebrate together.

Have a great day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2012, 12:48 PM

Hi ladies,

It was a nice evening with no homework. We all watched some shows we had taped.

We went out and finished our Christmas shopping today. I also got lds and dd Christmas outfits for their Christmas program. It is this Sunday. All of the kids dress up. I'm worried if dd will like what I got. I think its pretty but now that she's getting older she doesn't always like what I pick for her anymore. She usually will pick her own clothing now, but we won't really have another opportunity to go shopping before the Christmas program so I thought I'd better go ahead and get them while we were out. Now I too will have to sort and wrap. We are going to the advent supper tonight. For the advent service they are repeating the song service from this past sunday, so dd will be singing again. After that we'll come home and probably relax and watch a little t.v.

Scrapper how nice that you were invited to the potluck. I know you said you had one more day until your break. Did you mean today or you still have tomorrow? That's so nice that you will have a long break. That's good that dd and her best friend were able to get together before her friend leaves for Colorado.

Have a good day.
Unread 12-20-2012, 12:17 PM

Good morning ladies,

It is really quiet today...not many calls so far. My boss is off and just coming in for a meeting at noon. She will be off until January 7th. Nice long break for her as well. She needs it as she has been so busy with work.

Today is my last day at work...I'm so excited. I have lots of things to do at home to get ready for Christmas. Dd and I will get busy with sorting and wrapping gifts this evening.

The potluck yesterday was nice...lots of good food. They are taking the leftovers out for lunch today. I am going to pass since I brought half of my Subway sandwich for lunch. We had that for dinner last night. The gift exchange was fun...I ended up with a gift card to Coffee Bean...I will use it during the time off for some lattes.

Dd and her friend got dropped off at zumba class. After class we took her home. We chatted for a little bit. Dd and her friend exchanged Christmas gifts. We wished them a good trip...they will leave on Friday.

We have been having some very cold weather...cold for Southern California. The last 2 days have been in the 30s in the mornings. Nights are cold as well...layers.

Hyper - glad you got your Christmas shopping done. Now the fun begins with the sorting & wrapping. I'm curious did dd like the Christmas outfit you picked out? I know what you mean about them being picky. Some of the time I'm lucky with things I pick out for dd. Hope you enjoyed the Advent service last night.

Have a good afternoon/evening.
Unread 12-20-2012, 01:49 PM

Hi ladies,

We went to the advent supper and service last night. The supper was hot dogs, hamburgers, chips and baked beans. It was pretty good. When we got home after the service we watched a little t.v.

It is bitterly cold today. It's very windy. The windchill is in the single digits. tonight we are going to the ceremony for the patriots pen contest dd won. She is very nervous about reading her essay in front of all of the veterans. I told her just pretend she's reading to only us. She will get a plaque and a cash prize. She is curious to see how much the prize will be.

Scrapper how nice that you will be starting your long break. DD did like the dress I picked. In fact she said she loved it, so I got lucky. You are having cold weather for California. Your potluck sounds nice.

Have a good day.
Unread 12-24-2012, 09:26 PM

Hi ladies,

Merry Christmas!! Hope you had a wonderful time celebrating.

So far I have enjoyed sleeping in. On Friday dd and I headed out to finish shopping. We got everything done and picked up dinner on the way home. Did some wrapping Friday night.

Saturday we went to my sister in law's house to celebrate Christmas. We had a very nice bbq lunch. We did the gift exchange then had dessert. Then we all met at the cemetery to drop flowers off for my inlaws. i think we were back home by around 5pm. We relaxed and watched TV and I finished up all my wrapping.

Yesterday we went to church and late afternoon we met my sisters at the cemetery and went to dinner. The plans for Christmas were finalized.

We will have my family over tomorrow and my brother in law & sister in law will be joining us as well. Looking forward to having them over.

Hyper - hope you had a great time celebrating Christmas with the family today. How was the ceremony for the patriots pen contest? Did dd do ok reading? Have a good Christmas day even though you work.
Unread 12-26-2012, 08:31 AM

Hi ladies,

Hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

We went to dd's patriot pen ceremony. She did very well reading her essay. She received her plaque and they took pictures for the paper. Her teacher was invited and he did come to the ceremony as well. they took pictures for our local paper.

On Friday after work I started feeling bad. I had an upset stomach and a headache. I came down with the stomach flu. I was sick to my stomach all through the night. On Saturday I laid on the couch all day. Sunday was the kids Christmas program. I still wasn't feeling 100% but I went. Right before we left, lds said he wasn't feeling good and his tummy hurt. I told him he was probably nervous. He does get nervous when he has to sing or do anything in front of people. The play was really nice. Afterwards when I went to get lds from his classroom, he had tears and said his stomach really hurt. It turns out he also came down with the stomach flu. We came home and he went to bed. Luckily the next morning he was feeling fine.

We were going to celebrate Christmas on Christmas eve, but since I was sick I didn't get all my wrapping done. Everyone was o.k. with waiting to celebrate until I got home from work on Christmas. On Christmas eve dh took the kids out for awhile in the afternoon and I finished wrapping. We had hot chocolate and watched a Christmas movie in the evening.

On Christmas at work we help our residents open their gifts in the morning. They had a church service in their chapel. The rest of the day went by pretty fast which was good because I was anxious to get home with my family.

When I got home we had a nice time opening gifts. The kids played with some of their things and I got our Christmas dinner together. I made a ham. We ate, then dh and I played with kids and we just spent time together the rest of the day. It was nice.

Today I slept in. In fact the kids are still sleeping. We have to go exchange a couple things that didn't fit. I also want to see what kind of after christmas sales are out there. We will have leftovers for supper.

Scrapper your weekend sounds nice. Glad to hear you have been sleeping in. I hope you had a nice Christmas day.

Have a great day.
Unread 12-26-2012, 11:32 AM

Good morning ladies,

We had rain overnight and it has been cold. I was really tired last night. We had a good Christmas...everyone showed up so it was nice. I think everyone was gone by after 9pm. I did all the dishes and then sat and relaxed with dd to watch TV. Dh was asleep already.

This morning slept in until 9. Had some breakfast and put all the big dishes, platters, etc. away. Not much planned for today. I want to put gifts and things away. I have to go to the pharmacy later to pick up one of my meds. Maybe we will do some shopping later. Dd said she wants to buy a dress for her birthday.

Hyper - glad to hear that dd's ceremony went well. That was nice of her teacher to attend. Nice to hear that the kids Christmas program was nice. Sorry to hear that both you and lds got sick. Your Christmas eve sounded nice & relaxing. Your Christmas was good. Was dd surpirsed with the ipod?

Dd got mostly gift cards & cash...that is what she asked for. So she will want to go shopping. I got gift cards too. It will be nice to go out and shop.

Have a great day!
Unread 12-28-2012, 12:58 PM

Hi ladies,

We have had a nice couple of days after Christmas. One day was a jammies kind of day...realxing and getting small projects done. Yesterday dd and I went shopping. She is looking for an outfit to wear for her birthday. She tried on several dresses but didn't like how they fit. She found some navy pants and a nice top. She said she will wear that. We had lunch at Panera then went to Target. She bought a few things there with her gift cards. I bought 3 tops and then the things that we needed. We came home and I made dinner. Then we went to zumba and came home to eat and then relaxed and watched TV. We have been cthcing up on shows so that has been nice.

This morning we went to zumba class. Then we went to et our eyebrows and upper lip waxed. Since it isn't too far from our class we went right after. After we shower we are going to the mall. She wants to go to Forever 21. We have nothing planned for the weekend. So we will see what we do. We do want to get manicures so we will see when we go.

Hyper - hope you are all doing well and that work is going well. Have a good Friday and enjoy your weekend.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register