2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 498 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 03-04-2013, 10:37 AM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Good morning ladies,

I was so comfy in bed when my alarm went off that I didn't want to get up...LOL. I turned on the news and started getting ready.

We had a good weekend. It wasn't very busy which was nice. Friday evening we ran a few errands. We stopped at the store next to the zumba studio where dd had seen some clothes she liked. She used her money from her baking orders and bought some jeans, shorts, and 3 tops. We picked up dinner on the way home.

Saturday morning I went to the gym. Dh took dd to work. I went home and showered to be ready to pick dd up from work at noon. That was the last class of that course. She has a week off and then starts a new course up. We had lunch at McDonalds and then headed to her haircut appt. She got an inch trimmed and had her long layers freshened up. After that we went to the shopping center across the street and had some frozen yogurt. We went to the Vans shoe store and we both got some tennis. I got some navy and dd got white slip ons. Last stop was Target. We shopped around and got what we needed and dd got some shorts & a skirt, I bought 2 tees. We relaxed the rest of the evening and watched some TV.

Yesterday we went to church. We came back and had lunch. Dd baked the cake for the person at my work that ordered one. Late afternoon we left to meet my sisters at the cemetery. We then all headed to dinner. It was good catching up.

Hyper - the parent/child basketball event sounds like fun...a good family evening. Nice that you and dh got to go out for lunch & shopping. I like that the kids wanted to have a jammies day on Saturday. Great kind of days!! How nice that the whole school sang at the church service. Do they sing by grade level or all together? Poor lds...is it the anticipation of having to sing in front of lots of people? How is dd enjoying her volleyball? Your roast sounds so good!! We are having pork chops...I had dh grill them last night. I will make some rice & veggies for the sides.

Sounds like you are still having some snowy weather. We had nice weather up until yesterday. It was cloudy & windy. They are saying we are to get some rain mid-week. Temps have dropped to the 50s & low 60s for the rest of the week. Enjoy your day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2013, 02:41 PM

Good afternoon ladies,

It has been a fairly quiet day so been busy working on payroll. Now I can move on to my other work. my boss is loving that it is quiet because she can get some work done.

It is cool, and gray looking out. It was misty this morning on my way to work.

This evening I am going to the gym. I will pick dd up at the bus stop. I told her to call me when she is on the bus this way I know which stop to pick her up at. since I will be at the gym, I can pick her up at a stop closer than the one I normally pick her up at.

We are having tacos for dinner. We will probably just relax and watch TV. I have the whites in the dryer so will fold them while watching TV.

Hyper - hope your work day went well. Have a good evening!
Unread 03-05-2013, 03:00 PM

Hi ladies,

I had a relaxing day yesterday. I watched a couple of shows I had taped and read a little. My roast turned out good. Everyone liked it. There wasn't any left when supper was done. Dd had volleyball practice and then we all watched some t.v.

We got alot of snow overnight. About 8 in. School was cancelled today. The kids liked that. I wish work was cancelled. DD went to the mall with our neighbor and her daughter. Lds went over to play with his friend when I got home. Bds is shoveling the driveway. I'm making grilled chicken, mashed potatoes and mixed veggies for supper. No plans this evening. Probably just watch some t.v.

Scrapper your weekend sounds nice. DD found lots of clothes. It's nice that she has money from her baking orders. What a fun way for her to make money. I like van shoes. I buy them as well. Dd is enjoying volleyball. She usually only has practice 2 days a week. If the whole school is singing they sing together as a group. Yes, it is the anticipation of having to sing in front of people that makes him nervous. Once he's up there he's fine.

Have a nice day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2013, 09:37 AM

Good morning ladies,

DD got home from the mall around 4:30. She went out to play in the snow. After supper we relaxed and watched some tv.

I'm doing some laundry this morning. I have to run a quick errand. Other than that I plan to relax today. We are going to the lenten supper and service this evening. DD sings in the service with junior choir. She is leaving tomorrow for a field trip to wisconsin. They will be touring some museums and different things. They will be gone until Saturday. They are going to be playing basketball with another Lutheran school in Wisconsin. She's excited about the trip. We will get her packed after school today.

Bds is leaving school early today. The mom of a friend of his passed away last week and her memorial service is at noon today. He is riding with another friend. Very sad. I guess she was going out with a friend for the evening. When she went out to her car she fell and hit her head. She was unconscious and she froze to death. bds's friend found her the next morning when he let the dogs out. I can't imagine how awful that is. Her poor husband just thought she was out and went to bed. Bds said he is having such a hard time with guilt because after she left the dad and son just watched some t.v. and went to bed and never knew she fell. I feel bad for them.

I'm thinking about taking lds for a haircut depending on how long it takes to get dd packed. If we don't have enough time I'll do it tomorrow.

Scrapper have a good day.
Unread 03-06-2013, 12:41 PM

Hi ladies,

My morning has been hectic. I had been working on scheduling a meeting since yesterday and was finally able to send the meeting invite today. I cleaned my desk before I started doing anything this morning. It was so dusty.

I'm going to walk outdoors today during lunch. It is just cloudy so it will be perfect walking weather. One of the girls that works in another unit on my floor knows that I walk so she wanted me to show her where I go walking. We've walked together a few times.

Last night I went to the gym. I picked dd up from the bus stop that is closer to the gym. I told her to wait for me in front of the Walgreens because the area is more lit up. On the way home we stopped for milk. We enjoyed our tacos and watched some TV. I did another load of laundry.

Today is zumba. I pick dd up after my class at 7. By that time, she has just arrived at the bus stop. So it works out perfectly. This evening we will relax and catch up on some of our shows.

Hyper - sounds like your roast was a hit! I know - too bad work isn't cancelled on snow days. I know the kids were happy. Sounds like they had a good day. I'm sure dd had a good time at the mall. Yes, dd is making extra money baking with her orders...she loves it. That is good that lds does well with singing once he is up on stage. Dd's field trip sounds like fun...they will be busy too. Is it her grade level going on the trip? Oh that is so sad about bds's friends mom. She must have hit hard and wasn't able to call for help...awful.

Enjoy your relaxing day!
Unread 03-07-2013, 02:56 PM

Good afternoon ladies,

It has been a pretty busy day. This morning I had to pull an attendance report for my boss. I am not very familiar with Excel so I asked someone for help. I probably need to take a class and become familiar with it.

This afternoon moving on to my other work. It was a rainy morning but has since stopped. It is very gray out though. They said it is supposed to rain harder this evening. I told dd to take an umbrella. Hopefully it will hold off until we are home.

I am heading to zumba this evening. She really worked us last night. We are going to pick up dinner tonight...maybe some Pollo Loco. We will watch TV and relax. Dd really likes her classes and the professors so that is good.

Hyper - Hope you enjoyed the lenten supper and service last night. What time dd leave on their field trip. I'm sure they are all excited. Have a good evening.
Unread 03-07-2013, 04:38 PM

Hi ladies,

The lenten supper was good. It was pancakes and sausage and ice cream sundaes for dessert. DD sang in the service with her junior choir. We got her packed after school, so we could just relax and watch a little t.v. after the service.

DH said dd got off o.k. this morning. They left school at 7:00am. It is about a 6 hour drive. She was excited. It was 7th and 8th grade that were going. This week at their school is Lutheran schools week. They've been doing fun activities all week. They had a scavenger hunt on Monday, an obstacle course on Tuesday, Wednesday was kids vs teachers sports day. Lds said today they did bible bingo and tomorrow is movie day. Lds said they are watching "despicable me". He was a little disappointed because we already seen it and he was hoping they would show a movie he hasn't seen. But I'm sure he'll enjoy it. Lds is at the neighbors playing and bds is doing homework. Bds said the memorial service yesterday was nice. They had several people who spoke about her and he said it was touching. I'm ordering pizza for supper tonight. Lds has a little homework to do after supper then we will watch some t.v. and relax.

Scrapper it sounds like the last couple of days has been busy for you at work. One more day then you'll have the weekend. That's good that dd likes her classes and professors.

Have a good evening.
Unread 03-08-2013, 11:45 AM

Good morning ladies,

Happy Friday! I'm glad it is Friday...sure has been a busy week at work. Today seems to be less hectic. I stopped at the flower mart this morning to get my parents' flowers. I bought some fern and a bouquet of yellow flowers to add to the bouquets...they will look really nice.

We got rain late last night into the early morning. It was raining really hard that it woke me up. The drive in to work was dry and traffic was light. I think my friend and I are going to go outside and walk today...if it doesn't rain.

This evening dd and I are going to her high school for a choir concert...it is their spring show performance. It will be nice to see the groups this year. Hard to believe that dd was performing in choir a year ago.

Tomorrow morning I am dropping off my car for service and then heading to the gym. Dd has an Open House at work. No demos just promoting the cake decorating classes and helping customers shop in the baking supplies section. In the afternoon we have my cousin's surprise birthday party. We have to be at their house by 5pm because my cousin arrives at 5:30. It will be great to see her expression.

Hyper - oh yummy...the lenter supper sure sounded good. That was a good idea to get dd packed up after school. I hope she has a good time...sounds like they are doing some fun things. They have been doing fun activities for Lutheran Schools week. I'm sure lds will still enjoy the movie today even though he has seen it already. When is their spring break? Dd doesn't get a spring break at her college. The district I work for has the break March 25-29. Hope your work day is going well. Enjoy your evening and weekend!
Unread 03-08-2013, 02:49 PM

Hi ladies,

DD called me last night They arrived safely and she was having a good time. I was glad to hear from her and know they made it safely. We watched t.v. in the evening.

Today I'm taking lds for a haircut after school. DH, lds and I are going out for dinner at my favorite mexican restaurant. Bds might go, he's not sure yet if he will have plans with his friends. After dinner we will come back and watch some t.v.

Tomorrow evening we set our clocks forward an hour for daylight saving. We will lose an hour of sleep. That is not fun. It always takes me awhile to get used to this one.

Dd will be home tomorrow evening. She will call when they're a half hour from school and then we will pick her up. I think dh is taking the pups for grooming tomorrow but I'm not exactly sure if I have the date right. I will have to ask him. They will be a year old the 23rd of this month. I can't believe it.

Sunday dd is singing in church and then she has a volleyball tournament. It is a home tournament, so they won't have to travel. DH will take her since it's my weekend to work.

Scrapper yes it sounds like you had a busy week. That will be nice for you and dd to see the choir concert. Does she miss being in it? The surprise party sounds like fun. My kids are on spring break the 25-29 as well. I took PTO that week, so I will be able to be home with them. I'm excited about that.

Have a good day and weekend.
Unread 03-11-2013, 09:43 AM

Good morning,

We had a good weekend.

Friday I took lds for a haircut after school. DD called me. She was having a good time. DH, lds and I went out for dinner. Bds didn't want to go. It was yummy. We came home and watched some t.v. and relaxed.

On Saturday when I got home from work, lds was playing on the computer, bds and dh were watching t.v. I took a shower and watched a little t.v. with them. I made fried chicken, coleslaw and fries for supper. DD called and they had a their basketball tournament that day. She said they came in second. They were competing against several different lutheran schools. They got a trophy. They were in the car on their way home when she called. It is a 6 hour drive and they were stopping to eat. She would call when they got close. She called around 7:00 and dh went to pick her up. she was tired. She showed me her souvenirs. She said they went to a couple museums. She showed me the pictures she took. We watched t.v. in the evening. I had to set the clocks forward an hour before I went to bed.

On Sunday the kids and dh went to church. DD's class sang. After church dd had a volleyball tournament. DH took her and bds watched lds. I came home from work and rested for awhile. They got home from the tournament about 4:00. She said they did really bad. I'm sure the time change didn't help. It's so hard to get used to losing an hour. I put some frozen pizzas in the oven for supper then we watched t.v. in the evening.

Today I'm doing a little laundry. I straightened and vacuumed the house. Lds had a runny nose and was sneezing a little this morning. He said he felt fine. I hope he isn't getting sick. I'm making baked pasta and garlic bread for supper. DD has volleyball practice tonight.

Scrapper I look forward to hearing about your weekend.

Have a good day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register