2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 50 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 11-01-2007, 09:59 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackadoo
Be careful to not overdo it on straightening up Mrs. Willie! I can relate to the disaster of the house. Mine is the same way, I think my DH got run down a few days ago and now I dont know where i would start. I am a clean freak too so it has been so difficult to let things go at time. I wonder if by doing all of the chores we do everyday and by having a break and our DH taking over they realize just how much we do.
Thanks Jenn! I hope you are right about them realizing because my DH is nowhere near keeping up. I am just going to straighten the kitchen and maybe bathroom sinks. No sweeping, vacuuming or anything major. I probably won't last anyway. As I mentioned before I am feeling extra wimpy because I just do not seem to be able to do things that the others who are at the same point in recovery as I am can. I wonder if I am not doing enough and have made my self weaker or something. Thanks for your kind words and I hope you feel a bit better today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2007, 10:08 AM

At the 4-5 week period I think we all need to vent. Lke I have been saying. 1 step forward, 2steps back. I fwlt really great yesterday and the day before, and today I am very tired and have been in and out of bed since I got up at 6 a.m. Should I not take naps and lay down? It seems like everytime I rest its harder to get going agian. I don't know. Everything with me is fine I never had any major problems except for a UTI after surgery. I too am tired of the "should I have not done this or that" feeling. But I keep telling myself it is getting better. Hyperhyster..youdid take a chance with the Chili.lol But it is that time of the year, isn't it? I was thinking some homemade bean soup the other day, but....... I am still spotting a bit, but not that bad. I have a headache today that doesn't seem to want to go away. My dog doesn't even want toget out of bed. And whining is O.K." there IS whining in Hystersisters ".
Unread 11-01-2007, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobtrue
At the 4-5 week period I think we all need to vent. Lke I have been saying. 1 step forward, 2steps back. I fwlt really great yesterday and the day before, and today I am very tired and have been in and out of bed since I got up at 6 a.m. Should I not take naps and lay down? It seems like everytime I rest its harder to get going agian. I don't know. Everything with me is fine I never had any major problems except for a UTI after surgery. I too am tired of the "should I have not done this or that" feeling. But I keep telling myself it is getting better. Hyperhyster..youdid take a chance with the Chili.lol But it is that time of the year, isn't it? I was thinking some homemade bean soup the other day, but....... I am still spotting a bit, but not that bad. I have a headache today that doesn't seem to want to go away. My dog doesn't even want toget out of bed. And whining is O.K." there IS whining in Hystersisters ".
thanks twobtrue! I know it will get better. I guess I'm just feeling a little down today. I won't be eating chili again any time soon. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2007, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobtrue
I also have had the should I have done that feeling. It is tiresome! Thanks for the yes to whining becuae I think alot of my posts have met that criteria! I hope you feel better, and please don't feel guilty for resting. I am pretty sure we are supposed to rest during the 6 weeks when we actually have the time!
Unread 11-01-2007, 11:57 AM

Hi ladies: I have the same question as hypersister - are we ever going to feel good again? I just came back from the gyne and she says she believes the bleeding was due to a haematoma - a collection of blood that may have been dislodged by over doing it and yes, even pushing while going to the bathroom. She said it was good that it came out as it's blood that needed to come out. She also said that if I soak three pads within three hours I'm to make an immediate trip to the emergency room. She said I did the right thing which I'm glad because I was worried that I was being foolish.

I've just been bleeding slightly since the whole episode. Boy, was I scared! I'm worried that I won't be able to go back to work. I mean GEEZ! It has been a month!

Sorry for the whining. I just feel like this recovery is taking forever! Thanks for all your well wishes. I'm a prime example - LISTEN TO YOUR BODY and TAKE STEPS TO ENSURE YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY!

Have a nice afternoon!
Unread 11-01-2007, 12:15 PM

Glad you went to the dr. and eased your mind alittle. Have you really been over doing it? What caused the bleeding? did you break a stitch or something? Scary....and you're further along than I am with recovery. Take super care of yourself northof49. well wishes from me to you...
Unread 11-01-2007, 02:01 PM

mrswillie and all,
I hear you about being whiny - I think my significant others must have a lot of patience with me cause I keep talking about how I feel, should I do this, should I do that. It's really hard watching the house get dirtier and dirtier, but, if I was at work, I wouldn't see it, so I'm trying to ignore it. I did some vacuuming yesterday and it was ok, the biggest problem is carrying the vacuum, thankfully mine is pretty light. I've been cooking meals for about a week now, and some baking too, shuffling around the kitchen is not a problem for me. My lower back hurts a lot too, and walking is not back to normal - I can't seem to straighten up the whole way.

The biggest problem with my recovery has been that I live on a farm and have 3 horses to take care of along with my regular job. My husband and daughter have been great, but I can't do anything in the barn without significant pain - no grooming, no cleaning of stalls, no filling of water buckets, NOTHING. Forget the riding, it's going to be awhile before I get back on a horse! Plus I live in Pennsylvania, and about the time I feel like riding, the weather will probably go downhill. Of course it has been beautiful here the last 2 months while I have been out of commission!

Healing thoughts to all, especially Northof 49 and wackadoo (I have the same kind of pain in my tailbone, Left butt cheek and thigh!) Let's hope we're all better soon!
Unread 11-01-2007, 02:15 PM

Northof49 I'm also glad to hear you saw your gyn. At least now you have some idea of what caused it. I know it must have been scary. Hopefully this will be an isolated incident and you can go on from here. A big hug to everyone as we go through the ups and downs of reaching full recovery.
Unread 11-01-2007, 03:00 PM

northof49 very glad you went to the gyne and actually got an answer that seemed plausible. Please take care of yourself! I can't even imagine that you feel like going to work now, but it sure is great that you do. You must really enjoy your work.

Gallopinggram I feel for you with the pain, I have had back pain for at least 2 weeks now. Can not wait until that goes. Careful with the vacuuming. That was something my doc actually wrote on my paper as a no no until cleared by him. It is a good sign that you are cooking and all. I know what you mean about missing the most beautiful weather of the year. It has been like that in Il also.

Well I feel like I cleaned up my kitchen fairly well, but the house still looks pitiful. It needs a major overhaul. Sometimes I wonder what it will actually take for me to get it back to it's pre surgery shape. I think it may be somewhat like me and take a full year to actually be back in tip top shape!
Unread 11-01-2007, 03:09 PM

To help me stand up straight i walk with my hands backward on my hip, then I straighten up my sholders. Its still alittle uncomfortable when any fabric touches my belly, but I am getting used to it. As for my house.it probably wont be back in tip top shape until I take everything down for all my inside Christmas decorations. I box everything up and put holiday up. I think I'll go tackle my kitchen now mrswillie, as for using the vaccuum.Thats a No No from my dr. too. Be careful.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register