2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 523 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 10-04-2013, 10:25 AM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Good morning ladies,

Happy Friday! It was a busy morning. My boss and a staff member were going to a meeting and they needed help coallating the materials. I went into one of our conference rooms to spread everything out. Got it done in time as they had to go off site for the meeting.

I am leaving at 3 today. I was going to take 1 hr. vacation, but my boss said just go don't use your vacation. That was nice of her. I am going to to the bakers bodega to pick up some things that dd needs. She is out of the cupcake containers and cake boxes. She has a cupcake order this weekend.

I went to workout after I dropped dd off at work. It was a great workout. After class, I stopped at the market for some strawberries. Then I went to Marshalls to look at the purses. I found a nice black one. I picked dd up from work and we picked up Subway for dinner. We watched TV and relaxed and I did my last load of laundry.

Not much going on this evening. I do have to stop at the market for some things we are out of. I am going to do some cleaning this evening. Scrapping day is tomorrow and it is my turn to host. I am going to bake brownies for dessert. In the morning I will go workout and then stop at the car wash. My car is so dirty. Scrapping will go into the night. Everyone starts arriving around 2pm and we go until around 10pm...just depends how tired we get. It is always a great time.

Hyper - glad you got to watch your show. How far is work for bds from home? How nice that the kids have a half day of school. Great way to start the weekend. Have a nice lunch out. Hope dd's team does well at their game tomorrow. Hope you can get started on your closet. It is such a great feeling to get it done. Have a great day and enjoy your weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2013, 12:13 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Twelve hours post-op. Not in as much pain as I was expecting to be in. More gas than anything. Thanks to this site, I was prepared with Gas-X. Sleeping off and on due to anesthesia. All in all, doing well. Hope it continues. Good luck to all the other sisters!
Unread 10-07-2013, 10:44 AM

Good morning ladies,

It is quiet this morning. It is a good day to get some things done without too many interruptions.

We had a good weekend. Friday on the way home I stopped and picked up the supplies dd needed. I got home and relaxed for a litte while. We then headed out to run a few errands. We picked up dinner and headed home. We watched TV for awhile and then I did some cleaning in preparation for our scrapbooking day. Saturday dd worked and I went to run some errands. I took a rest day to give my knee a break from exercising. I got back home around 10:30. I showered so I could be ready to pick dd up from work. I picked her up and I continued to get things ready for scrapping. I baked some brownies and started setting the snacks out. I got the rest of my supplies out. We had a great time. One of my friends got the Cricut machine as a gift so we figured out how to use it. We took a dinner break and then continued to scrap for a while more. We wrapped up around 10. I cleaned up the food & dishes then continued scrapping until 12:30.

Yesterday we took the dogs for a walk, had breakfast and then got ready for church. We came home and dd finished putting the decorations on her cupcake order. The order was for her 2nd grade teacher. She works in the same district I work at and comes to the offices here often. She had seen me and asked about dd. So last week she came to see me and wanted to place a cupcake order. She was happy to see dd and chatted with her for awhile. We relaxed and then left to meet my sisters. We headed to dinner at the mall.

We are going to work out this evening. I am making steak and baked potatoes with veggies. Starting this week dd will be teaching Tuesday through Thursday and Saturdays. The store has added Tuesday evenings to the schedule. She is enjoying it.

Hyper - hope you had a good weekend and that your work day went well. Have a good day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-07-2013, 11:14 AM

Hi ladies,

Work was good today. The morning went by fast.

We had a good weekend. On Friday the kids only had a half day. When I came to pick them up dd asked if she could go to her friends house, who lives across the street from school. I told her yes. Lds and I went for lunch. We went to taco bell. We came home and lds played at the neighbors for awhile. We ordered pizza for supper. DD ended up eating over at her friends. Bds was at work. I picked him up later. DD got home shortly after. We watched t.v. in the evening.

Saturday morning we got up and went to dd's tournament. It was a long day. They played 4 games, but since it was a tournament there was alot of downtime in between games waiting for other teams to play against each other. When it was over it was dinner time so we stopped and ate on the way home. We watched .t.v. in the evening.

On Sunday we went to church. We have a screen that projects all of the recitations and hymns during the service. All of the 8th graders are taking turns running the projector from the balcony. It was dd's turn. She did a great job. After church we went to coffee hour. We came home and dd relaxed most of the day. She need that, she has been so busy with volleyball. I did laundry. Bds was working. Lds played with his neighbor friend most of the day. DH was going to go out and run errands, but he decided to stay home. It was a rainy, chilly day. I put a roast, potatoes and carrots in the crock pot when we got home from church. I just made a veggie and some dinner rolls when it was time to eat. It turned out good. We watched t.v. in the evening.

Bds is off today so he and I are going to lunch. DD has practice right after school. I'm making baked pasta and garlic bread for supper.

Scrapper your weekend sounds nice. Your scrapping day sounds like it was fun as usual. Good idea to give your knee a break from exercising. How nice for dd to get to visit with her 2nd grade teacher. That's good she's getting to work an extra day, I know she enjoys it.

Have a good day.
Unread 10-08-2013, 11:40 AM

Hi ladies,

It hasn't been too busy. My boss has given me different things to take care of so tha tis keeping me busy. I don't have any deadlines for today. I'm thinking of going out to one of the shopping areas during lunch. I have a gift card to one of the stores there. Sometimes it is too rushed to look around during lunch. I will see what I decide.

We worked out last night. We had dinner and watched The Voice. It was really good. Dd works tonight so I will take her to work and go to the gym which is close to her job. After class, I will go home and finish making dinner. That way when I get back from picking dd up from work we can just eat. We are having chicken tostadas today. I liek that because there are enough leftovers for lunch the next day.

Hyper - sounds like you had a good weekend. Dd had fun with her friend on Friday. It was a long day at dd's volleyball tournament. How did they do? How nice that the 8th graders run the projector during the service. It is a good experience for them. I'm sure dd was tired and just need to relax. Your roast dinner sounded so good. A perfect meal for a rainy day. Yes, dd is enjoying her job. Have a good day!
Unread 10-09-2013, 10:14 AM

Good morning ladies,

It is a cool, drizzly morning. Quite a change in weather from the weekend. It feels good though....real Fall weather. Dd sent me a text this morning that her friend saw her walking down our driveway and stopped and asked her if she wanted a ride to school. Her friend knows dd takes the bus. That was very sweet of her friend. Dd called me when she got to school. She said it was nice of her and it gave them a chance to catch up.

I looked at my boss's calendar and she sure has a busy day. I have a variety of things to do. I have to input a travel request for my boss. She informed me this morning that she has to go to Sacramento on the 17th.

I took dd to work yesterday then I went to work out. My friend taught the aerobics class so it was a good workout. I went home to finish making dinner then went to pick dd up. Looks like her first class went well...it is course 1. I saw 4 students but don't know how many she had as a total. We had dinner when we got home and watched some TV for awhile.

I will take dd to work and then head to zumba. We are having chicken with rice and veggies tonight. I do have to make a stop at the market after class. I see the orthpedic doctor on Friday for follow up to see how the injection has worked for me. It was scheduled at 12:45 and I received a phone call to move it to 10am. I think I will end up taking the day off since I had already scheduled a haircut appt for dd after the original time of my appt. It would be too much driving back and forth if I went to work.

Hyper - hope your work day went well. Have a good day. Have you seen the pics Jan posted on facebook of her Odd's wedding?
Unread 10-09-2013, 03:01 PM

Hi ladies,

We are having some beautiful weather. In the 70's and sunny. I don't know how long it will last, but I'll take it.

Yesterday was a good day at work. DD had practice after school. DH picked her up on the way home from work. I made breakfast for supper. We watched t.v. in the evening.

Today DH was putting his car in the shop for an oil change. We dropped it off this morning, then we took the kids to school and he dropped me off at work and he drove my van to work. Luckily our auto shop is in our town. He picked me up from work. We went to lunch. While we were at lunch the shop called and said his car was ready. We went and picked it up then I came home. Bds had to be at work at 1:00. I took him to work then came home and relaxed for a bit. I picked lds up from school. We stopped at dairy queen and had an ice cream. DD is at practice. DH will pick her up again. I'm making pork chops, mashed potatoes and a veggie for supper. We will probably watch some t.v. this evening.

Scrapper that was really nice that dd's friend gave her a ride to school. I hope that the shot has done some good for your knee. Does it feel like it has? I will have to go on facebook and look and Jan's pictures. I did look at the one's from the shower before she got married.

Have a good day
Unread 10-10-2013, 11:12 AM

Hi ladies,

Today work was good. Tomorrow evening we are having a costume party. I have to be at work at 3:30 to help set up. It runs from 6:00-7:30. I will help cleanup after. I should be done around 8:00. I have to wear a costume. I don't have one, so I think I'll run up to the thrift store and see what they have. I don't want to pay alot of money. If I don't find anything, I'll have to run out tomorrow.

DD has practice after school. Bds is at work. I believe he works until 6:00. DH will pick dd up. I'm making chicken, potatoes and a veggie for supper.

After I run to the thrift store, I'm going to watch my show I have taped.

Scrapper hope your day is going well.
Unread 10-10-2013, 12:07 PM

Good morning ladies,

It was a chilly morning after the rain we had yesterday. Looks somewhat sunny out but the air is cool. I may get outside to walk during lunch...it is perfect walking weather.

I dropped dd off at work and then headed to zumba. After class I stopped to get gas and went to the market. We needed a few things. Dd needed some cake mixes. She has to take a cake for certain courses to demo how to frost and decorate. So she wants to bake them ahead of time and freeze them so she has them ready. She can just defrost them as she needs them. Dd had 2 students in her class last night. She said they are so funny. We stopped at Panera to pick up dinner. We watched some TV for awhile.

Today I will take dd to work and go work out. i am making our beef bowl today. We haven't had it in awhile. We will watch TV and relax. I am taking a vacation day tomorrow. My appt. with the orthopedic got moved to 10am and dd has a 2pmhaircut appt. My original appt was in the afternoon so it wouldbe too much driving back and forth to go to work and leave early. The appt is closer to home than to work. I will be able to drop dd off at the 2nd bus stop this way she only has to take 1 bus. After my appt I will pick her up so she doesn't have to take the 2nd bus home.

Hyper - I know, we have to enjoy the good weather when we have it. Glad eveything was taken car of with dh's car. Nice that you got to enjoy lunch together. What a nice treat getting an ice cream. Yes, I do feel that the injection has helped. The costume party sounds like fun. Did you find anything at the thrift store? If not, you can dress up like a cowgirl...jeans, plaid shirt, hat, bandana for a scarf. Relax and enjoy your show.

Have a good day.
Unread 10-11-2013, 11:48 AM

HI ladies,

I spent the morning going through lds's room. I got rid of toys that he doesn't play with and clothes that don't fit him. I cleaned and organized everything. It looks great. I just want to stay in there and admire my work. lol Lds will be surprised. His room was getting pretty bad, he wanted to get it cleaned and organized, but at his age it was really too big of a job for him.

I went to the thrift store yesterday, but didn't find a costume. I did find some cute fall decorations that I bought. DD actually had a cat ears headband. So I'm wearing all black, the ears and I'm painting my nose and painting whiskers. I will pick lds up from school, bring him home then I will leave to go to work. DH will be here shortly after I leave. DD has a church youth group outing, they are leaving right after school. Bds is working. He gets off at 8:00 so I will swing by and pick him up on my way home from work. Dh said he's taking lds to his favorite pizza place for supper. Lds will be happy about that.

DD has a game tomorrow. Other than that I'm not sure what we will do this weekend. We'll play it by ear.

Scrapper I hope your appt goes well. I'm glad to hear that you feel the shot has helped. Enjoy your day off even though it will be busy.
Thanks for the costume idea. I would have used that, iff dd hadn't given me the cat idea

Have a good day and a good weekend.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register