2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 55 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 11-04-2007, 07:57 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I felt so tired and all I did was grocery shopping today was better I went to Weight Watchers this morning an then took a trip out to Walmart. I am walking around and that is all that matters, whether it is in a store or on a track its still walking.

If only this incision would heal I could get on with life, they can't start the radiation therapy until the incision is completely closed or it will never heal correctly. It is still oozing not as much as before but its still leaking, its so frustrating.

I have no desire to go back to work and my oncologist told me to stay home until all my treatments are finished and then maybe a couple of weeks after that to regain my strength, looks like I will be out until the new year. I miss the people I work with but they are calling me and e mailing me so I am staying in touch. I can't believe 4 weeks have passed already.

Anybody having trouble with their appetite, I have no desire for protein I just want junk...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Cravings & Weight

Hi,

Everyone has been craving chocolate and I would usually be right there with you but not since the surgery. Weird huh?

I don't crave any protein but fish and seafood.

One thing I notice though, is that when I get hungry, I need to eat ASAP. I get ravenous. Better not stand in between me and the fridge...you might get hurt.

When I went to the doctor I was surprised that I hadn't gained a ton. I think I had put on about 5 pounds. Healing must take a lot of energy.
s
10-2 TAH
Unread 11-05-2007, 08:17 AM

My recovery has been very good except for the bladder issues. I haven't had any pain & only minimal bleeding the first week or so. Now if I could just pee on my own, life would be perfect!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2007, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukipup
Hi Ladies,

Anybody having trouble with their appetite, I have no desire for protein I just want junk...
I am 5 weeks post op today and I am still not hungry! And I've noticed strange things like I never drank milk before and now I drink it every day. I've had to schedule meals or I just wouldn't bother. Another weird thing....I really like pie....and lots of it! In fact, I had blueberry pie with ice cream for breakfast!

Pam
Unread 11-05-2007, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catmat64
My recovery has been very good except for the bladder issues. I haven't had any pain & only minimal bleeding the first week or so. Now if I could just pee on my own, life would be perfect!
I can imagine your frustration! I have only had that issue with the other end. What does the doctor say about this? I hope you can get it resolved soon and feel better!!
Unread 11-05-2007, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northof49
I am 5 weeks post op today and I am still not hungry! And I've noticed strange things like I never drank milk before and now I drink it every day. I've had to schedule meals or I just wouldn't bother. Another weird thing....I really like pie....and lots of it! In fact, I had blueberry pie with ice cream for breakfast!

Pam
My days of having no appetite have disappeared. It is back in full force. It is too bad because that is the one side effect that was a positive change for me!!
Unread 11-05-2007, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrswillie
My days of having no appetite have disappeared. It is back in full force. It is too bad because that is the one side effect that was a positive change for me!!
I was like that too and I've gained 5 # since my hyster. I try to walk 2 miles a day and have not had any trouble except today I feel it in my belly now that I am back home. Figure that out, 4 weeks since my hyster. too. I am also having problems with the BM thing. Am taking stool softeners every other day. I think that I am not drinking enough water like I was the first 2 weeks. I am on the go too much I guess.
Pamper yourself everyone...
Unread 11-05-2007, 09:08 AM

Joan sounds like you are doing great! I walk at the grocery store and my incision aches. No way could I do 2 miles! Which is not what I expected at this point because I was a 4 mile a day girl pre-op.
I still take the Colace every day and I am still not right there. I can not wait to be regular in that dept. I have been faithful with the water, no less than a gallon a day, but it still does not seem to make a difference.
Unread 11-05-2007, 09:09 AM
No appetite problems here

Hi everybody,
nice to read all of your posts, hope your recovery is going steady. I guess if I didn't have any back pain, especially in the morning when I get up, I wouldn't be in too much discomfort. I'm starting to wonder if I need a new bed! My appetite has been back since 10-days post op. Man I could eat anything, but then again, I always had a good appetite. I try to watch what I eat and surprisingly have not gained any weight. I had to take all the leftover candy bars from Halloween and put them in the freezer downstairs.

I will post this on another thread, but was wondering if any of you get this weird feeling: when I am laying down and need to change position, I get this weird pulling sensation, like an uncontrolable stretch. It feels like I'm bending backwards and it's a little scarry. I have to really concentrate on not moving too fast, so when I'm groggy in the midle of the night and move around, it's more prone to happen. Anybody know what this is about, is it because of my weakened back? Take care all,
Unread 11-05-2007, 09:17 AM

murphmuffin...same here..when I am really asleep I will wake to move and then have a sharp pulling pain. Still healing inside I guess. Still scares me that there are still stiches in there and I might pull one. I am having trouble with my legs falling asleep at night now too. It will last almost half the day after I wake up. Anyone else?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register