2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 56 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 11-05-2007, 08:18 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hello Ladies. I have been so happy to have this site since my TAH/BSO on Oct. 2nd, but for some reason I just found this thread! I have enjoyed reading your posts and seeing how everyone is doing. I am 5 weeks out and doing great. A little restless about going back to work. I have my 6 week post-op Nov. 16th, but am considering asking my doc to let me go back next week in the mornings only. Is any one else back to work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2007, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northof49
I am 5 weeks post op today and I am still not hungry! And I've noticed strange things like I never drank milk before and now I drink it every day. I've had to schedule meals or I just wouldn't bother. Another weird thing....I really like pie....and lots of it! In fact, I had blueberry pie with ice cream for breakfast!

Pam
I am finally starting to feel better! I am really tired all the time and I too have trouble eating. I noticed i am craving watermelon and sweettarts...I dont understand, i try to eat but when I take a bite I gag it down. If I do manage to eat i throw up. I can handle fruit anything blan forget it. I am a big coffee drinker and I am not able to drink that either. I can drink water and lemonade...I never liked lemonade. I dont understand why this is, but i believe when our bodies lack something and we crave it we should listen. i see the doctor weds and i will talk to her about it then. Otherwise aside from being so tired i am starting to feel better and I am finding hope that this all is going to pass
Unread 11-05-2007, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackadoo
I am finally starting to feel better! I am really tired all the time and I too have trouble eating. I noticed i am craving watermelon and sweettarts...I dont understand, i try to eat but when I take a bite I gag it down. If I do manage to eat i throw up. I can handle fruit anything blan forget it. I am a big coffee drinker and I am not able to drink that either. I can drink water and lemonade...I never liked lemonade. I dont understand why this is, but i believe when our bodies lack something and we crave it we should listen. i see the doctor weds and i will talk to her about it then. Otherwise aside from being so tired i am starting to feel better and I am finding hope that this all is going to pass
So glad you are starting to feel better!!! I think the appetite will come around as you begin to feel better for longer stretches. Just eat little bits of what you can and keep drinking that water. Rest and I hope you continue to feel better every day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2007, 01:19 PM

Misty,

I am also at my 5 week post op today. Feeling good just dealing with an achy back. I am scheduled to go back to work next week. It has been nice being home so I know it will be hard getting back into my work routine.

Yolanda
Unread 11-05-2007, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperhyster
Speaking of chocolate..I have three lovely halloween buckets full of chocolate here. I sneak in there every day and have my chocolate fix. I gotta stop doing that. Especially since I can't do a thing to work it off. Didn't have a great day yesterday. I was just really tired and felt blah. DH took me to my favorite restaurant and I didn't really enjoy it because I was too tired and my belly was the size of a basketball when we were done. Today was good though. We went to Walmart. I decided to try walking instead of using the motorized cart. We were in there about an hour and I did good. A little tired now, but no soreness. I'm just chillin the rest of the evening.

I just wanted to share this with you. My DH had not been very helpful or supportive since I've been home. I've been so angry and just have had added stress that I don't need. So I though about it and thought about it and decided, maybe he just doesn't understand. So I had a really serious talk with him explaining to him how I felt and what a major surgery this is and so on. It really helped, he truly didn't understand. Things are so much better. He mopped the kitchen and bathroom floors and cleaned the bathrooms and surprised me by buying me a really cute track suit I can wear when I go out. Just thought I'd share that in case anyone else is having the same problem.
Wow! That was quite a talk. It certainly had great results anyhow. Good for you! For alot of people that might have been hard to do but I would have done the same thing. I always feel better when I talk things out wiht DH. I don't always get the fantastic results you did but it still always helps. Thanks for sharing and I am glad you are feeling better. Also I am glad you didn't stay quiet any longer!
Unread 11-05-2007, 01:30 PM

I have had a little bit of an achey back, and some pain with urination, but I will never regret this decision. Life has been better than it has in a long time
Unread 11-05-2007, 01:37 PM

Ok just wondering if any of you have felt this. Warning more whining and complaining ahead...Yesterday I felt a pain in my lower right abdomen that I would describe feeling like a very sore pulled muscle. It continued to hurt when I moved around but is ok if I am still. Today I still have that pain but the level has increased but again I only have it when I am moving if I lay or sit still it does not bother me. I am starting to get upset because I feel things should be better than this at this point. (5 weeks this friday) It seems like it is always something with me. At 41 I would not have thought I would have had this difficult a time getting through this without so many aches and pains daily. I also am so weary of worrying all the time about every ache or pain wondering is it an adhesion forming, did I overdo, is there a problem, etc!! I just want to feel better full time and not worry anymore!!
Ok sorry for being whiny and thanks for listening.
Unread 11-05-2007, 01:43 PM

Funny. I am also 5 wks this Thursday and I have been having problems where I really didn't have any before...except for constipation or if I overdid anything. My jeans hurt my belly today when just last week I didn't have a problem with any of them. Maybe my tummy is growing lol something must be taking place at this stage. Hope it is good tho.
Unread 11-05-2007, 01:47 PM

Hi mrswillie,

sorry, I have no advice or info for your side pain, hope someone does..
But i can sure relate to the weary or worrying. me too, I'm always wondering if i'm overdoing things.

If you don't get any answers here, call your doc! Hope to hear son that ll is better.
Unread 11-05-2007, 01:50 PM

mrswillie: I'm still experiencing pain when I walk. It gets more severe the farther I walk or just simply the more movement I make. I'm guessing that it's just taking some of us longer to heal our abdominal muscles. If I'm laying down I don't feel it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register