2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 566 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 10-01-2014, 10:51 AM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Good morning ladies,

It is a busy morning with "rush" items. Ido have a couple of things that need to be uploaded today.

Yesterday I went to aerobics class and I did the low impact version which still gave me a good work out. After class I got gas and made a quick stop at Target for some groceries we needed. I finished making dinner and watched TV. Dd's boyfriend went to meet her at school and she gave him a ride home. When she walked in the house with all her school stuff, she also had a bouquet of red roses. Her boyfriend gave them to her for their 8 months together. So sweet! We continued watchgin TV for awhile.

Dd got her rental and will have it for about a week. She works today. I will catch up with her before she heads to work. I will go to zumba today. We are having pork chops, mashed potatoes and veggies. We will watch TV and relax when dd gets home.

Hyper - glad to hear that work is going well. How did dd'd game go? Yes, I am taking it slow with my exercise. I guess my knees will be weaker due to my arthritis so I need to be careful. Have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2014, 05:41 PM

Hi ladies,

Dd's team lost their game last night. She got home late. We talked for a little bit then she went to bed.

Today was our preschool class. Very hectic. I picked bds up from school when I left work. Dd had practice. I came home and prepared my pasta. I picked dd up then put the pasta in the oven when we got back home. Dh called me right before dinner was done to tell me that he was rear ended on the way home. He said there doesn't seem to be much damage to his car but the other car did have damage. He was waiting for the police to arrive. Bds is still at work. I saved them both a plate of food. We will watch some tv this evening.

Scrapper that's good that you still got a good workout. That was sweet of dd's bf to give her roses.

Have a good evening.
Unread 10-02-2014, 11:28 AM

Good morning ladies,

I have a variety of things to get done today. Our payroll adjustments are due tomorrow but I want to enter everything in the system today. We are having a heat wave again through the weekend.

Dd had just got home before I did. We talked for a bit and she started to get ready for work and I changed into my workout clothes. The phone rang at 5:20 and it was dd's work letting her know that her student wasn't going to make it to class today so no work for her. she said I will go to zumba with you. So off we went. After dinner we watched TV and relaxed for awhile.

Today is dd's long day. During her 3 hour break she is having lunch with one of her friends she met her first year there. Her friend has a long break as well so it works out. They are going there close to school. I am going to work out today and probably going to pick up dinner. We will watch TV and relax when dd gets home.

Hyper - I am sure it is hectic when you have the preschoolers. Oh sorry to hear that dh got rear ended. Glad to hear that no one was hurt. Hope your work day went well today. Have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2014, 02:31 PM

Hi ladies,

Dh got home a little after 7:00. I sat with him while he ate. He said it was a teenager that hit him. He said it was a really nice kid though. He said the kid was really apologetic. He said on the way home there was a knocking sound in the back of his car. He will taje it in to check it out. We watched tv in the evening.

It has been raining here all day. It was a prep day at work. We are having a costume party for all pre-k kiddo's next friday evening. There's a lot of extra prepping to do for that. Dd has a home game this evening. Dh and I will go. We'll pick up dinner on the way home.

Scrapper that was nice that dd could go to zumba with you. That's nice that it works well for her and her friend to have lunch.

Have a good day.
Unread 10-03-2014, 11:07 AM

Hi ladies,

I have a couple of things to take care of this morning. I am leaving at 12:30 today. I have an appt for car service. I can't do it tomorrow and it is overdue. I will also use the afternoon to get things ready for scrapping tomorrow. I'll go to the market and then do some light cleaning. In the evening I will relax and watch TV.

My friends will be over around 2pm tomorrow. In the morning I will get a workout in. I'm looking forward to catching up with them and having a good time.

Yesterday dd said she had a good time catching up with her friend at lunch. This is her friend's last year there as well. She plans to transfer and major in criminal justice. I picked up flame broiler for dinner. We atched TV and relaxed when dd got home. today she will go out with her boyfriend.

Hyper - good idea for dh to get the car checked out. Poor kid was probably scared when it happened. How was dd's game? Have a good day and enjoy your weekend.
Unread 10-03-2014, 12:13 PM

Hi ladies,

Dh and I went to dd's game last night. Unfortunately, they lost. We picked up food on the way home. We watched tv in the evening.

The kids only had a half day today. I cleaned a little and did laundry this morning. I took bds to work. I picked up the kids then we stopped for lunch. Dd has practice at 3:30. I'm not sure yet what I will do for dinner. We will relax and watch tv tonight.

Dd has her last tournament tomorrow. The rest of the season will run through Oct. 14th. It will depend on how long the tournament lasts as to what else we will do. We'll go to church Sunday, then see what the day brings.

Scrapper how nice to only have a half day. Yay for scrapping day. I know you will have a great time.

Have a good day and weekend.
Unread 10-04-2014, 06:54 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

I had a hysterectomy with Fallopian tube and cervix removal (got to keep the ovaries) as well as rectoplexy for rectal and uterine prolapse. I'm 30 and have two young children.

I was scheduled for a davinci robot laparoscopic procedure but was told they had to open me up and do the full abdominal procedure due to my long torso and deep pelvis. I awoke in a lot of pain after 8ish hrs of surgery (9am to after 5pm) that was mostly concentrated in my right leg. The calf muscle was swollen and tight. I'm supposed to have an ultrasound on that leg tomorrow but they've been giving me pain meds for the last couple of days, hoping it was just tense from being in the stirrups for 8+ hours.

I had IV fluids and a pain pump from the time I got out of surgery Thursday to Saturday morning when I was switched to oral medications. This was a hard transition and keeping ahead of the pain has been tough today.

I've made it a point that whenever I get up to pee (catheter out Friday AM but had to be recathed once when I couldn't pee- but no issues with urinating after that on Friday), I walk the hallway with the abdominal binder and a pillow to squeeze over my belly. It's hard to get in and out of bed ( this has so far been the most painful activity ) so since I'm supposed to walk as much as possible, bathroom breaks are also walk breaks.

I've been breathing in the lung strengthener thing since it's supposed to help prevent pneumonia after intubation during surgery.

I've been trying to sleep as much as I can and finally today, Saturday, was able to pass gas. Even though my procedure became abdominal, they had filled me up with gas at first for the robotic surgery. Gas pains are pretty terrible but walking and hot tea seem to help.

I would also advise bringing a comforter from home. If you're in the hospital for 4 days like I've been, it helps you feel more cozy and comfortable.
Unread 10-06-2014, 12:27 PM

Hi ladies,

My boss is at an all day meeting off site. Phones have been a little busy but so far able to get things done.

We had a good weekend. Friday when I left early, I headed straight to the dealer. My car was done in an hour and it got washed too. That was good because it needed it. I left and headed towards home. I stopped and treated myself to some frozen yogurt. I got home and realxed & watched TV for awhile. I vaccumed and swept. I then finihsed putting the grocery list together and did the marketing. When i was done I picked up a sandwich from Subway which is in the same shopping center. I then relaxed and watched TV for awhile. The last thing I did was mop. I also started getting the scrapping supplies and put then out.

Saturday morning I went to the gym. I came home showered and then baked my brownies. Dd baked as well. She made cinnamon rolls and wheat rolls. They were really good. My friends came over around 2ish. We had a great time. Dd's boyfriend came by afte work to do some research on a homework assignment.

Yesterday we took the dogs for a walk after breakfast. We got back and got ready for church. We had lunch when we got home and I did a couple of things arund the house. later on we left to go meet my sisters at the cemetery. We tried a mecian food place (small place) and we weren't impressed with it.

Dd works today. I'm going to zumba. We are having steak with baked potatoes and salad. We will watch TV and relax when dd gets home from work.

Hyper - hope you had a good weekend. Hope your work day went well. How did dd's tournament go? Have a good day.
Unread 10-06-2014, 06:37 PM

Hi ladies,

We had a good weekend.

Saturday dh took dd to her tournament. I stayed home because lds was invited to go to the corn maze with a school friend. I had to be here when they picked him up and brought him home. They picked him up after lunch. I did a few things around the house. Dh and dd got home around 4:00. The tournament didn't go to well for dd's team. They didn't place which was why they got home so early. I went out and picked up bds from work, then picked up subway. Lds got home about 9:00. He had a great time. They went through the corn maze. He said there were so many different animals there that they got to feed. He got to give a bottle to a baby bear. We watched a little tv.

On sunday we went to church. After church 2 of dd's friends came over. They hung out in dd's room. Later dh and I ran a couple errands. We had dinner on the way home. Dd made pizza for her, her friends and lds. We watched tv in the evening.

Work was good today. It was our preschool day. I made pork chops, mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans for supper. We are watching some tv.

Scrapper another fun time for you scrapbooking with your friends. Thats too bad the new place to eat wasn't too good. But it's good to try new places to see.

Have a good day.
Unread 10-07-2014, 03:32 PM

Hi ladies,

It has been a busy day. I am leaving at 3:30 today for my optometrist appt. This year I am eligible for new frames. I brought my work out clothes with me. Once I am out will depend on whether I go to the gym or zumba. My appt is at 5pm.

today is dd's long day at school. I don't recall what they are making today. We will relax and watch TV when dd gets home. I am making breakfast for dinner. I have some laundry that I want to do as well.

Hyper - sounds like you had a relaxing weekend. How fun for ldsto go to the corn maze. That was exciting getting to feed a baby bear. Too bad dd's team didn't place in the tournament. That was nice of her to make pizza for all of them. Hope your work day went well. Have a good day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register